why didnt empire make more money?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
If empire strikes back is the best one out of all three movies why didnt it make more money then ANH?

sweersa
Originally posted by coolmovies
If empire strikes back is the best one out of all three movies why didnt it make more money then ANH?

The Empire Strikes Back got many mixed reviews when it was first released. In some cases, major critics ate it alive!

I think with time it aged to be one of the best. Maybe the Prequels will be treated with more respect after some time passes.

Any older fans here that can tell us about ESB when it first came out?

Sesse
Well..

Those damn germans bombed the city when we saw it in Pycchobyp movie theater. Oh the half rations... There was even no salt for the popcorns! If only that anti aircraft battery hadn't been so noisy on the roof, the movie might have been enjoyable.
wheelchair

Tangible God
Lol.

ANH was the first of the Star Wars, so back when the movies debuted, the classic case where the sequel isn't as good as the original, came up. Now that we've seen ROTJ and the PT, we look back at the first sequel with more loving eyes.

queeq
I remember ESB being praised for its superior effects. But mind you, ESB is the second act: our heroes lose, they lose a lot. That may not be very appealing.

However, it did make movie history with the "I am you father" line, now completely impactless thanks to the PT.

Lord Knightfa11
lol. esb is good because the good guys lose. It is defenitely the darkest.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
I remember ESB being praised for its superior effects. But mind you, ESB is the second act: our heroes lose, they lose a lot. That may not be very appealing.

However, it did make movie history with the "I am you father" line, now completely impactless thanks to the PT.

Do you think GL could have wrote the PT with out spoiling the whole I am you father thing?

coolmovies
The PT gives to much info away ! why does vader have buttons on his chest ??

sweersa
Originally posted by coolmovies
The PT gives to much info away ! why does vader have buttons on his chest ??

Because one of the buttons calls his parents to come pick him up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YpJu2-QyP2M

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
Do you think GL could have wrote the PT with out spoiling the whole I am you father thing?

No... which makes you wonder if you should have made the PT at all... Well, maybe if it'd been very very worthwhile.

General G
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
lol. esb is good because the good guys lose. It is defenitely the darkest.

Bad guys win in ROTS, it's pretty dark.

queeq
YEah... but not as good.

coolmovies
Empire is the darkest !!

General G
Originally posted by queeq
YEah... but not as good.

I never said it was better, it wouldn't be smart to do so.

Lord Knightfa11
When ESB came out, there was alot more suspense because audiences werent sure what was going to happen. Anakin falling to the darkside and killing all the jedi does not represent too much suspence, because rotj was already done so...

sweersa
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
When ESB came out, there was alot more suspense because audiences werent sure what was going to happen. Anakin falling to the darkside and killing all the jedi does not represent too much suspence, because rotj was already done so...

ROTS would have been cooler if it actually showed Anakin fighting and killing Jedi!

queeq
I agree.

General G
That would have been good to see, instead of assuming.

queeq
Crucial even to understand the mean mofo he's supposed to be... and doesn't really look it. Yellow eyes don't an evil man make.

Sesse
Contact lenses those were, poser was he.

KMC's Superboy
i remember when i first saw this film i was 7 i thought it was awesome

queeq
You're ten yers old now?

KMC's Superboy
no 35

sweersa
Originally posted by KMC's Superboy
no 35

Did the Kaminoians give you some type of growth acceleration?

KMC's Superboy
no

sweersa
Originally posted by KMC's Superboy
no

Good point, they can only do it in half the time...hmm.

queeq
Maybe they found new ways to motivate his growth.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by sweersa
The Empire Strikes Back got many mixed reviews when it was first released. In some cases, major critics ate it alive!

I think with time it aged to be one of the best. Maybe the Prequels will be treated with more respect after some time passes.

Any older fans here that can tell us about ESB when it first came out?

Naw the prequals will NEVER be treated with the same respect the original trilogy has gotten even as years pass by.Lucas lost his magic for great story telling right after Empire Strikes Back and never regained it.anyways as for the question,like someone said,Empire was battling history back then that sequals are never as good as the original movie is,plus when A New Hope had been released,it was a one of a kind magical movie experience nobody had ever witnessed before where when Empire came out,they werent quite as impressed since they were already used to the amazing special effects from A New Hope.A New Hope was more exciting and had a happier ending so that had something to do with it.Empire left too many questions unanswered and moviegoers unsatisfied.

queeq
But it all worked out in the end. ESB rules!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.