adam warlock w/soul gem vs juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
who wins??

King Kandy
Poor Juggernaut...

skyfather
Originally posted by King Kandy
Poor Juggernaut...

would the soul gem work through cains shield??

King Kandy
Yup.

guy222
AW

geshien
spite?

Galan007
I want to give Adam the win here. I'm just not convinced that the soul gem would pierce Juggy's FF, at the moment. srsly

King Kandy
It should also be noted that Classic Jugs was never specified.

Galan007
It should also be noted that Classic Jugs was never specified. True, but isn't current Juggs back at classic levels?

psycho gundam
i think it will work, the karmic blast has cut through supposed invulnerability before and that attack harms the soul directly, and the soul-suck is a much stronger attack.

anything with a soul is fare game for the soul gem, and any soul can be altered permanently that is why warlock tries his best not to use it often.

Galan007
^^

Not any soul.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007
^^

Not any soul. anyone in particular? adam is the only one that knows thanos' true nature, he gazed into his soul to figure him out.

King Kandy
^^

Not any soul.
Who has it failed on?

Galan007
Galactus.

King Kandy
When did Adam try to steal Galactus's soul?

Galan007
Adam sensed that the soul gem would be ineffective on Galactus, as his spirit is "beyond the gem's power" .

King Kandy
I believe you, but i'd like to see a scan... it sounds interesting.

Ouallada
Is G even supposed to have a spirit? I mean, cosmic entity, abstract force of nature and all that.

Galan007
I believe you, but i'd like to see a scan... it sounds interesting. http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/1669/adam1ft9.th.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by Ouallada
Is G even supposed to have a spirit? I mean, cosmic entity, abstract force of nature and all that. The scan says G has no soul, but he does have a spirit . Apparently the 'infinite' power of the gem can't affect a being's spirit? Stupid.

King Kandy
I don't think he means G is too powerful... it sounds like he's saying that "spirits like those of Eternity and Infinity" are not under the gems jurisdiction.

Galan007
I don't think he means G is too powerful... it sounds like he's saying that "spirits like those of Eternity and Infinity" are not under the gems jurisdiction. That's what it sounds like to me.

darthgoober
The scan says G has no soul, but he does have a spirit . Apparently the 'infinite' power of the gem can't affect a being's spirit? Stupid.
Maybe that's the kind of thing it need the Power Gem's help for.

psycho gundam
The scan says G has no soul, but he does have a spirit . Apparently the 'infinite' power of the gem can't affect a being's spirit? Stupid. heh, funny choice of words there:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2610/warlockfl8.th.jpg

maxam oneshotted.

Galan007
Originally posted by darthgoober
Maybe that's the kind of thing it need the Power Gem's help for. That could very well be. Each gem = infinite, but w/o the power gem, one might not be able to tap said potential. thumb up

psycho gundam
true, coupled with the gem of power all the other gems can be used to their full potential, providing of coarse the mental aptitude of the wielder. (power gem + soul gem would work on galan, anyone lower on the food chain is prey for the soul gem alone)

darthgoober
That could very well be. Each gem = infinite, but w/o the power gem, one might not be able to tap said potential. thumb up
Or it could fall under Marvel's "levels of infinity" concept. Without the Power Gem it's on a level that's above all but the "omnipotent level" abstracts, with the Power Gem it's above all but LT level abstracts or something like that.

King Kandy
That's what it sounds like to me.
Right... so in this case it has nothing to do with power and everything to do with the type of spirit. So it's not very applicable to Juggernaut.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by psycho gundam
true, coupled with the gem of power all the other gems can be used to their full potential, providing of coarse the mental aptitude of the wielder. (power gem + soul gem would work on galan, anyone lower on the food chain is prey for the soul gem alone) Adam's karmic blast also failed on Thor because of his fortified Asgardian spirit. Seems farfetched, since it worked on other Asgardians later on... but it happened on-panel:

psycho gundam
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Adam's karmic blast also failed on Thor because of his fortified Asgardian spirit. Seems farfetched, since it worked on other Asgardians later on... but it happened on-panel: farfetched but in panel....*shrugs*

King Kandy
Though he did not use Soul-Suck which has never failed when he used it.

OneDumbG0
True. What's the most powerful soul Adam Warlock ever sucked?

That was unintentionally funny and so very, very wrong.

Galan007
Right... so in this case it has nothing to do with power and everything to do with the type of spirit. So it's not very applicable to Juggernaut. I was never trying to apply that to Juggernaut, anyway. Someone said the soul gem can work on any soul, which is somewhat incorrect.

That's the only reason it got brought up. smile

King Kandy
It can work on any soul. Galactus has no soul but a spirit like infinity and Eternity. Those are different things.

Galan007
They're the same damn thing, depending on which hippie you ask!! 131fist

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by skyfather
who wins??

there's always BFR...

even without it, i still give Adam the majority...

King Kandy
They're the same damn thing, depending on which hippie you ask!! 131fist
I would think that Warlock, wielder of the SOUL GEM, would be the authority on the issue.

Ouallada
The spirit and soul are derived from the Christian bible, iirc. The soul is the culmination of one's physical body, intrinsic traits and spirit, while one's spirit is supposedly the immaterial portion of a person that allows relationships with higher powers.

I have no idea how that relates to the topic at hand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.