Why is having a an opinion about how a mod performs his duties considered Mod bashing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Caps Conscience
We have a few Mods around here that start power tripping and want to abuse there power just because some posters don't like how they operate. That is very lame and is one of the reasons I don't post on this site as much as I used to. To many censors and most of the time the Mods won't let the poster self police. All of that is pretty lame.

Bardock42
What are you talking about?

I haven't seen a mod around in months.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Bardock42
What are you talking about?

I haven't seen a mod around in months.

There incidents that happen in different sections of this board. The only reason this thread is here is because it would get closed in any other section.

BackFire
I assume you're talking about your thread in the Comic forum that you made earlier.

1. It doesn't fit in the section.

2. You offered no actual discussion. You simply made a claim in the title and that was it. That is a tell-tale sign of trolling (badly).

You're entitled to your opinion about mods, bringing them up in useless and out of place threads is not the way to go about airing those problems. Contact Raz if you have a problem with a mod.

Bardock42
Haha, your thread....bakfired.

get it?

I'm so smart.

BackFire
German, too.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by BackFire
I assume you're talking about your thread in the Comic forum that you made earlier.

1. It doesn't fit in the section.

2. You offered no actual discussion. You simply made a claim in the title and that was it. That is a tell-tale sign of trolling (badly).

You're entitled to your opinion about mods, bringing them up in useless and out of place threads is not the way to go about airing those problems. Contact Raz if you have a problem with a mod.

I knew the thread would get closed anyway, thats not the reason I made this thread. The Mod that closed gave me a warning and sited "Mod Bashing" as the reason when I simply put my expressed my opinion on the job that he is doing as a Mod. I'm not the only one that shares the sentiment as others agreed with me and he gave them the same warning. Nobody harassed him or said any derogotory towards him in the thread at all yet he sited "Mod Bashing" as his reason for the warning when it should have been "power tripping"

chillmeistergen
Post a link to the thread.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Post a link to the thread. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t486279.htmlhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t486279.html

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t486279.htmlhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t486279.html

You weren't warned for mod bashing, you were warned for creating a thread solely for that purpose, there was no discussion point there. Others weren't warned, pay close attention to the smilies, idiot.

KMC's Superboy
i think Badabingis a fair and nice person and if you have a prob talk to raz

BackFire
I knew the thread would get closed anyway, thats not the reason I made this thread. The Mod that closed gave me a warning and sited "Mod Bashing" as the reason when I simply put my expressed my opinion on the job that he is doing as a Mod. I'm not the only one that shares the sentiment as others agreed with me and he gave them the same warning. Nobody harassed him or said any derogotory towards him in the thread at all yet he sited "Mod Bashing" as his reason for the warning when it should have been "power tripping"

If you know a thread is going to get closed then it's a good idea to not make it. Saying you knew it would get closed implies that you knew it was a problematic thread, and still made it - Trolling.

And yes, the others weren't warned, as Chill said, look at the smileys.

Why do you think Badabing is such a bad mod? Because he closed a prior thread of yours that was a duplicate? That's how we do things here. If someone is too lazy to use the search option to look to see if that topic is already being discussed, then the thread they make gets closed. Don't like it? Leave. Or, use the search engine and don't make duplicate threads. Either/or, really.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by BackFire
If you know a thread is going to get closed then it's a good idea to not make it. Saying you knew it would get closed implies that you knew it was a problematic thread, and still made it - Trolling.

And yes, the others weren't warned, as Chill said, look at the smileys.

Why do you think Badabing is such a bad mod? Because he closed a prior thread of yours that was a duplicate? That's how we do things here. If someone is too lazy to use the search option to look to see if that topic is already being discussed, then the thread they make gets closed. Don't like it? Leave. Or, use the search engine and don't make duplicate threads. Either/or, really.

Not lazy. Do you have any Idea how many duplicate threads get made in that forum? Lets just say that at least half fo the threads that are on the first page have more than likely been done in some shape or form. So for him to say that I'm lazy or that I don't use the search function is moronic since he would have to close all the other threads duplicates also, yet they seem to stay open. Just the other day there was Bats Vs. Cap thread openned in which I mentioned that it had been done countless times yet it was never closed. I'm really not trying to cause any trouble behind this but it kind of irks me a little. Oh, why isn't the retard being a couple of posts up being told about his name calling for no reason?

chillmeistergen
I'm really not trying to cause any trouble behind this but it kind of irks me a little. Oh, why isn't the retard being a couple of posts up being told about his name calling for no reason?

Haha, f*ck off.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm really not trying to cause any trouble

hysterical

Alpha Centauri
I'm not the biggest fan of mods here, the hypocritical nature surrounding most of them or the way they handle the forum, but I've seen Capt Conscience before.

So on this premise I'll just assume the mod was right.

-AC

KMC's Superboy
Not lazy. Do you have any Idea how many duplicate threads get made in that forum? Lets just say that at least half fo the threads that are on the first page have more than likely been done in some shape or form. So for him to say that I'm lazy or that I don't use the search function is moronic since he would have to close all the other threads duplicates also, yet they seem to stay open. Just the other day there was Bats Vs. Cap thread openned in which I mentioned that it had been done countless times yet it was never closed. I'm really not trying to cause any trouble behind this but it kind of irks me a little. Oh, why isn't the retard being a couple of posts up being told about his name calling for no reason? you have no reason to say that a fair and nice mod is horrible if you say that a thread is a remake then post a link and tell a mod
if somone calls you a name report them if someone is trolling report them it is that simple you dont need to bash them in any shape or forum

BackFire
Not lazy. Do you have any Idea how many duplicate threads get made in that forum? Lets just say that at least half fo the threads that are on the first page have more than likely been done in some shape or form. So for him to say that I'm lazy or that I don't use the search function is moronic since he would have to close all the other threads duplicates also, yet they seem to stay open. Just the other day there was Bats Vs. Cap thread openned in which I mentioned that it had been done countless times yet it was never closed. I'm really not trying to cause any trouble behind this but it kind of irks me a little. Oh, why isn't the retard being a couple of posts up being told about his name calling for no reason?

The argument that because some other duplicate threads slip through, that that somehow means they all should be allowed is foolish. It doesn't excuse you making a duplicate thread. A mod can't catch every single one, especially in a forum that popular. The ones they do catch are still subject to being closed, including yours. You should still use the search function. If you don't, you run the risk of having your thread closed.

He's not being warned because there is a reason, you happen to be fitting the bill.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by KMC's Superboy
you have no reason to say that a fair and nice mod is horrible if you say that a thread is a remake then post a link and tell a mod
if somone calls you a name report them if someone is trolling report them it is that simple you dont need to bash them in any shape or forum

Who got bashed?

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Haha, f*ck off.

Oh well lets play then. Your mom loves it when I F@ck her off, douche bag.

BackFire
And so this thread has served its purpose. If you don't like how things are done here, you are welcome to leave. You won't be missed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.