About the 'gauntlets' in the Versus section.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astner
A gauntlet is supose to messure the power of a character by making him fight against opponents similar in power and ability. Now, why does almost every single gauntlet start with an overkill and end with another one?

I mean who thinks Thanos can take down a Celestial? I can see how this system is used to expose the unaware, but they usually get off the charts.

Some matches have even been on panel, with one of the characters that face have won in a horrible overkill, or won multiple times.

Another thing that bother me is, that a "successful gauntlet" ends with the character in question being able to handle the first 70-80% of the gauntlet.

A character should only be put up against other's which he's capable of winning against.

Instead of making a gauntlet of which wherer the numbers extends number of the combinded digits in "Pi" make a shorter one, which where some people will argue for that the characters will clear it while others will doubt he passess the first.

Scoobless
You mean .... more gauntlets featuring Batman?

confused

stick out tongue

Endless Mike
I thought the point of a gauntlet was to put a character against successively stronger characters, starting out with weak ones as sort of warmup, and going up to ones they shouldn't be able to beat, in order to see how far they get

DigiMark007
I disagree. I have no problem with overkill at beginning and end. The idea of most gauntlets, at least for posters who don't make threads just for the sake of making them, and have a real purpose to them, is to determine a character's rough power level. By making some overkill both ways, and a fair number of good fights in the middle, we should be able to say "ok, he's between this person and this person power-wise" by the time it's over.

Of course, that assumes the gauntlet is set up least to most powerful, which many do not do (more from comic ignorance than by choice). But that's the goal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.