Lara Croft versus Sonya Blade......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Tomb Raider versus kickass MK chick. No weapons, just hand to hand combat.

They are pit against each other in the middle of a hardware store, and there foreign objects aplenty....who takes it?

Sonya Blade is from the second MK movie AND all of the video games, Lara Croft from the movies and games, just to avoid any discrepancies.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Tomb Raider versus kickass MK chick. No weapons, just hand to hand combat.

They are pit against each other in the middle of a hardware store, and there foreign objects aplenty....who takes it?

Sonya Blade is from the second MK movie AND all of the video games, Lara Croft from the movies and games, just to avoid any discrepancies. How can she be from all those at the same time?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
How can she be from all those at the same time? I mean they have all the attributes from the games and movies.

Alpha Centauri
Movie versions: Lara Croft obviously.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Movie versions: Lara Croft obviously.

-AC Why "obviously"? You make it sound as if she wins easily.

Blax_Hydralisk
Because the movie version of Sonya Blade was pretty weak except for killing Kano in an incredibly erotic way.

But... Sonya Blade with her feats and abilities from the games ensures her the win, methinks.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Why "obviously"? You make it sound as if she wins easily.

Because she would. She exhibits more fighting ability and desire, greater agility, and is probably smarter as well as being better with weapons.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Because she would.

-AC Just because? Even though Sonya Blade is a special forces commando and kicked major ass in MK 2?

Alpha Centauri
I edited my post.

Lara Croft in the movie had worked with special forces, she's not exactly a cookie baker for the Salvation Army.

So, yes.

-AC

Röland
Lara Croft.

Rogue Jedi
Because she would. She exhibits more fighting ability and desire, greater agility, and is probably smarter as well as being better with weapons.

-AC No weapons.

Rogue Jedi
Here is a good example why Sonya would win:

GmX_2qAvqts&feature=related

She has shown she can take on multiple enemies, wave after wave of them, AND a cyber ninja.

Alpha Centauri
Lara did the same thing with a gigantic sentient robot that had gone wrong. She took out a number of special forces soldiers invading her home.

She takes it for me I'm afraid. Could go either way I suppose.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Research time.

Rogue Jedi
I guess it's gonna be between movie Lara Croft and movie Sonya Blade. The first Tomb Raider and MK2, respectively. yes

Placidity
Movie Croft > Movie Sonya

Game Sonya > Croft *Barely*

This is H2H combat btw, no guns and special tactics, which Croft excels at.

Rogue Jedi
and Sonya doesnt?

Placidity
I would say Croft is more inhuman efficient with them. Like hitting a coin-sized target with a knife at least 25-30 meters away.

Rogue Jedi
No weapons, read opening post.

Placidity
Hey wth, I meant to say Sonya > Movie Croft.

And my other point was that Sonya is better at H2H, and Croft is much better with weapons.

Rogue Jedi
Agreed. We never get to see Sonya with weapons, except for the opening of the first MK movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.