Avengers Movie Lineup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
There was an Avengers Team and Cast thread, but this is strictly who you want to see in the Avengers Lineup for the "upcoming" movie...

Here's the team I want to see:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow

I'd like to keep the Lineup for the first movie small.

Others/Maybes:

Vision
Hank Pym
Hercules
Wonderman
Scarlet Witch

Don't want to see Wasp in this. I can't stand the idea of Tinkerbell flying around a movie screen shooting fairy dust at powerhouse villains.

batmanfan136
for the avengers movie my dream line up is
Captian America
The Hulk
Hawkeye
Thor
Iron Man
Hank Pym
Wasp
Black Widow

BruceSkywalker
As far as I know only Cap America, Thor , The Hulk and Iron Man are scheduled to appear. If they follow the founding members then Giant Man/ Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne/The Wasp should appear.

ScarletSpeed
Cap
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Ant Man
Wasp

the originals laughing out loud

Arahan
Captain America

Ironman

Hulk

Thor

Spiderman

Quicksilver

and just for the lookings: Scarlet Witch

And the end spiderman saves everyone by making a deal with mephisto...or may be he just saves his aunt..whatever stick out tongue

KMC's Superboy
is this a live action film

ragesRemorse
as far as i know, it isn't confirmed, but...,more of a rumor.

KMC's Superboy
k thanks

nimbus006
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
as far as i know, it isn't confirmed, but...,more of a rumor.

A somewhat substantial rumor considering Starks comments at the end of "The Incredible Hulk" movie.

ScarletSpeed
I highly doubt Spider-Man will be in it...

it will just be the originals I think

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by nimbus006
A somewhat substantial rumor considering Starks comments at the end of "The Incredible Hulk" movie.

and Furys comments at the end of Iron Man

~The Wickerman~
Wasp disgusts me in more ways than one. I'd hate to see her in any Avengers movie. I was cringing at the damn animated Ultimates movie for Christ's sake...

Other than her, the originals sound about right.

nimbus006
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
and Furys comments at the end of Iron Man

Dam it, I saw it the first day, and didn't know there was anything following the credits.

I need to watch it again.

ScarletSpeed
youtube it smile

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Wasp disgusts me in more ways than one. I'd hate to see her in any Avengers movie. I was cringing at the damn animated Ultimates movie for Christ's sake...

Other than her, the originals sound about right.

Yeah, she suckslaughing out loud

K-Dog
I don't think much good will come out of trying to cram a bunch of characters that have had their own films into the same film. That is, unless the character numbers are kept relatively low. Those of us who are big comic fans will love it, but will the mainstream viewing audience? I think you quickly cross a line where "less is more" when putting a bunch of starring characters together.
Kinda like the x-men movie series--you can only have so many stars on the screen at once. A lot us wanted to see more of Colossus and Juggernaut, or wanted Cyclops kept around, etc.

ScarletSpeed
I think if they play it smart and just keep the original Avengers n it, it shouldn't be too bad,

if they do it right it could be wonderful

BruceSkywalker
Another choice I believe is have Loki command Hulk who fights Thor, Iron Man, Cap America, Ant-Man and Wasp. Obviously during the battle Hulk goes face and teams up with the team.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by K-Dog
wanted Cyclops kept around, etc.

Name one person other than Paul no expression

EDIT: I refuse to call him Raoul since it's a silly name, especially for a celt like himself. uhuh

Sarcasticool
As long as it has Captain America, Thor and Iron man I will be happy, though I really like the Vision I can't see any but the originals to start off with, if they stay true to the comics. Hulk would be good and I guess Wasp and Hank will be there. Then maybe in a part two he can buld Ultron and the I will eventually see Vision! hmm... actually just so glad they are making an Avengers movie, waited along time for this!

Raoul
Name one person other than Paul no expression

EDIT: I refuse to call him Raoul since it's a silly name, especially for a celt like himself. uhuh

nah, i hated marsden and singer, the tools, they ruined cyclops... i can't decide which is worse, killing him, or letting him live only to make me cringe some more...

also, why the wasp hate?

ragesRemorse
because the wasp has wasp wings

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Raoul
nah, i hated marsden and singer, the tools, they ruined cyclops... i can't decide which is worse, killing him, or letting him live only to make me cringe some more...

also, why the wasp hate?

big grin NSync laughing out loud

Concerning Wasp and the 616 universe, Nimbus put it best:

Originally posted by nimbus006
I can't stand the idea of Tinkerbell flying around a movie screen shooting fairy dust at powerhouse villains.

replace "movie screen" with "any medium".

Also, the Ultimates just sealed the deal for me. I ended up despising a buncha characters I liked a lot. Seriously, it's much more real and that much more terrible. I don't want that much reality in my comic books such as the **** Janet is trying to decide whether she wants Hank or Cap.

Oh, also, she disgusts me on a physical level as well:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/ult06_p13.jpg

Raoul
big grin NSync laughing out loud

Concerning Wasp and the 616 universe, Nimbus put it best:

replace "movie screen" with "any medium".

Also, the Ultimates just sealed the deal for me. I ended up despising a buncha characters I liked a lot. Seriously, it's much more real and that much more terrible. I don't want that much reality in my comic books such as the **** Janet is trying to decide whether she wants Hank or Cap.

Oh, also, she disgusts me on a physical level as well:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/ult06_p13.jpg

thats the ultimate one, though...

i like 616 wasp, always have, and imo you cant have pym without janet, and you can't have the avengers without pym...

stick out tongue

K3VIL
The whole basic idea is wrong.Nick Fury assembling the Avengers?Why are they mixing up the Ultimate Universe and the 616 one?
With Hulk and IM they've done good, so I hope they will do even better with Cap and Thor.My biggest concern is who they will choose as an enemy.The Avengers assembled for the first time to battle Loki, which should show off in a Thor movie, tieing in with the Avengers movie.I hope they do not choose some second rate villain.

~The Wickerman~
thats the ultimate one, though...

i like 616 wasp, always have, and imo you cant have pym without janet, and you can't have the avengers without pym...

stick out tongue

Meh...616 just strikes me as a little less graphic, 'sall erm

Originally posted by K3VIL
The whole basic idea is wrong.Nick Fury assembling the Avengers?Why are they mixing up the Ultimate Universe and the 616 one?
With Hulk and IM they've done good, so I hope they will do even better with Cap and Thor.My biggest concern is who they will choose as an enemy.The Avengers assembled for the first time to battle Loki, which should show off in a Thor movie, tieing in with the Avengers movie.I hope they do not choose some second rate villain.

Ummm...probably because the Ultimate U is a bit more realistic in some points than 616. Makes it look less goofy.

Raoul
Meh...616 just strikes me as a little less graphic, 'sall erm

oh, so you want them to argue about her laying eggs that sprout larvae and how she's an absolute cow that treats him badly?

blink

~The Wickerman~
oh, so you want them to argue about her laying eggs that sprout larvae and how she's an absolute cow that treats him badly?

blink

No no, my point was that both disgust me, Ultimate Wasp also disgusting me a bit more because of the more graphic rendering of the character.

Raoul
No no, my point was that both disgust me, Ultimate Wasp also disgusting me a bit more because of the more graphic rendering of the character.

ah...

i've just always liked her...

they need hawkeye too...

Arahan
spiderman could be in it. at the end its all about the money.
he will attract additional audiences who will watch the movie.
wolverine would be also a possible choice xD

xNIXSONx
do you guys think that Marvel would include B-List heroes like Antman, wasp etc. alongside A List Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk?

and does anyone think they might have Wolverine in the lineup? Ultimate Avengers style :P have wolverine stumble across bruce banners cabin in british colombia lol

roughrider
Originally posted by K3VIL

When Millar & Hitch did The Ultimates, they approached it like they were making a movie version of The Avengers, finding a way to tie in Cap in WWII with the present, Hulk coming out of research into the super soldier formula, and so on. It felt tighter & more real.

Loki could still work as a behind the scenes manipulator; he's the big baddie by the end of Ultimates 2 and the original Avengers.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
do you guys think that Marvel would include B-List heroes like Antman, wasp etc. alongside A List Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk?

well they done it originally when they made the comic..

Sarcasticool
Also be interesting to see who they get to act as the characters, I mean they have Hulk/Banner and I ron man taken care of, But Captain America, Thor will be interesting. I actually thought Eric Bana was a good Bruce Banner, seemed to look more like his comic name sake than Norton.

I still feel with the CGI availible these days, they could make Hulk look more like Hulk and less human shaped, I like the big bulky monster look, or maybe I am just too picky, oh well. Surely with Thor though, he will be a big step up from the viking-clad character they used in the Hulk TV series!

marwash22
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
do you guys think that Marvel would include B-List heroes like Antman, wasp etc. alongside A List Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk? THey have and are currently making movies starring theyre "B-List" talent. Blade, Ant Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and so on...

As long as there are no more poorly written, acted and directed films such as Elektra and Daredevil I see no reason why they shouldnt keep cranking them out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.