Blade vs. V

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celestialdemon
I didn't see this, so forgive me if it's already been done. Blade has his sword. V has his sais. The fight takes place in an open area. Who wins?

Impediment
I'd have to go with Blade. He looks like he has more skill and a clearer head.

Mairuzu
Blade

DestinyGuy678
vampire blade vampire

BruceSkywalker
Interesting thread. Which Blade, from 1st, 2nd or 3rd film.?

Both have excellent skills and a good mindset. I'd have to say Blade, but in a close fight.

Rogue Jedi
Blade PWNS V. Blade is faster, stronger, and a far superior foghter.

Röland
I say V, but close.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Blade PWNS V. Blade is faster, stronger, and a far superior foghter. fIghter. embarrasment

Placidity
Blade is a definately a low-mid metahuman. V is at best peak human, he won't be able to overcome his much physically superior opponent. Plus, the fact that Blade is very well trained in combat.

Rogue Jedi
Badle took on a whole squad of vamps while cutting his way to Frost, HAND TO HAND.

DestinyGuy678

Bardock42
Probably Blade. V is way cooler though.

Rogue Jedi
V cooler than Blade?

Mairuzu
Badle took on a whole squad of vamps while cutting his way to Frost, HAND TO HAND. Blade*

Röland
V cooler than Blade?
Yes.

Blade has a stupid ass haircut.

Rogue Jedi

Röland
V wore a silly ass mask.
Not silly.

The mask was a homage to Guy Fawkes, who actually tried to blow up Parliament in 1605, it also served as a symbol to what V was planning to do. Plus V had been burned by the fire at Larkhill.

Rogue Jedi
His hat.......

Robtard
Doesn't V have mind powers?

Röland
His hat.......
No point in this debate.

So I'll just say that Blade's haircut is stupid, and V wins in a close fight. haermm

edit: As far as the hat goes....it's cool.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, Blade pwns V in five minutes.

DestinyGuy678

Rogue Jedi
and he is half vampire.

Mairuzu
a hat and a mask isn't going to win the fight

Even if blade was wearing a ballerina costume

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/Marth18/blade.jpg

he'd still win

Toku King
Close fight, but Blade wins, especially if he's bloodlusted.

Rogue Jedi
droolio Bloodlust.....

Strangelove
Originally posted by Bardock42
Probably Blade. V is way cooler though. seconded.

Rogue Jedi
shifty

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Placidity
Blade is a definately a low-mid metahuman. V is at best peak human, he won't be able to overcome his much physically superior opponent. Plus, the fact that Blade is very well trained in combat. At est peak human? Did you see how fast he was moving at the end of the film?

Placidity
Oh yea, he did take all those bullets aswell. But I don't really think the movie portrays a hero with superpowers.

Darth Martin
Again did you see how fast he was moving. That's beyond peak human. He killed them all before they could get a shot off.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Again did you see how fast he was moving. That's beyond peak human. He killed them all before they could get a shot off. He killed them all before they could reload. That's different.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Robtard
Doesn't V have mind powers?

What the ****? laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
What the ****? laughing

I recall it being implied somewhere that he did, hence the question, you black bastard.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Bardock42
He killed them all before they could reload. That's different. Actually one of them got to reload but he didn't get the shot off. Only Criti shot him 6 times because V let him.

Strangelove
YKrTjd4iPSI

9w5AzT0Avn0

Rogue Jedi
Blade is far more acrobatic than V, isnt he? And what about V's hand to hand skills?

Darth Martin
V's H2H skills are nowhere near approaching that of Blade's.

V is cool, but he doesn't approach Blade there either.

"Stupid ass haircut"? Really? Name a cooler comic book adaption than Blade.

dadudemon
V's H2H skills are nowhere near approaching that of Blade's.

V is cool, but he doesn't approach Blade there either.

"Stupid ass haircut"? Really? Name a cooler comic book adaption than Blade.

Ironman. Nolan's Batman.

That's the first two that come off the top of my head.

Darth Martin
I'll give you Iron Man only because of the suit onscreen was groundbreaking IMO.

Batman isn't cooler than Blade. LOL at that statement.

Snipes owned Blade more than anyone else has in comic book adaptions. Yes, that includes Ledger, Stewart, Eckhart, Downey Jr., etc.

He may not have stole the scene to the extent as Ledger did but Snipes defined what Blade was. He recreated the character. His mannerism, costume, weapons, martial arts, voice, etc.

Blade II is a highly slept on comic book adaption. Easily top ten material.

dadudemon
I'll give you Iron Man only because of the suit onscreen was groundbreaking IMO.

lol I wouldn't call it ground breaking, at all. But it was very well thought out.

I'm talking about the character. My favorite comic book character to screen actor, to date, is Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal of Tony Stark.

Batman isn't cooler than Blade. LOL at that statement.

He is to. no expression

Being cool just happens to be something that is decided by the masses and the masses spoke overwhelmingly in favor of Batman, over Blade.

On top of that, he is cooler in the old-school sense of the world "cool", as in, he's chill, and in control of shit around him with style. Not martial arts style, but high-style. He's a friggin' billionaire.

So, in both uses of the word "cool" as you and I are using it, Batman is cooler.

Snipes owned Blade more than anyone else has in comic book adaptions. Yes, that includes Ledger, Stewart, Eckhart, Downey Jr., etc.

That's an opinion only held by you. You're the first person I've ever met that said that.

IMO, Blade is not nearly as close to the actual comic book character as, say, Downey Jr.'s, Bale, McGuire, etc. etc. etc. He is pretty far off, compared to some of the others. That's just my opinion...as saying something Snipes did with Blades' character that was out of character to the comic book version, is fairly subjective.

He may not have stole the scene to the extent as Ledger did but Snipes defined what Blade was. He recreated the character. His mannerism, costume, weapons, martial arts, voice, etc.

Blade II is a highly slept on comic book adaption. Easily top ten material.

See, I don't get it, then.

If you're trying to say that the movie character was accurate to the comic book character, then we disagree as I feel there's many others that did better at representing their comic book characters. If you're saying that you liked the impact or the "wow" factor from the actor's protrayal of the comic book character, then Ledger would be an easy choice...so would Downey.

Darth Martin
1.To me it was. I had yet to see a suit before that onscreen that was capable of flight like that. Not to mention the suit looked much realler than the Transformers a year before.

That's cool. Downey Jr. did a fantastic job portraying the character.

2.Batman's 2 films>Blade's trilogy, plus not as many people were exposed to Blade as they were Batman. Batman, being an established character in filmloir, comicdom, and general media whereas Blade did exist in a comic title but Snipes(and the director/producers) reinvented the character.

Batman is more popular. Blade is cooler.

3.This is all MY opinion. Like I said, "slept on".

Again, he REINVENTED the character. Since you like to kin to what the masses think, most who read the comic version say that particular Blade sucks. The movies gave the character life.

4.Understand, the Joker IS a wow factor. It's not a surprise that Ledger stole the show(Hamill and Nicholson did too).

For example, almost everyone agrees the Blade: Trinity was shit as a film overall. But you'd be lying if you cut everything out but Blade's scenes and said that it was not a great start. All the scenes with Snipes kept the film breathing. It was everything else that let it down.

eriksmovie
undoubtedly Blade

omgchos
The only Reason blade wins this fight is that he ahs no weaknesses. Except the bloodlust and Bleeding out(which takes a considerable amount of damage to accomplish). Since they are closely matched and all blade has to do is slice v a few times, blade wins. Cuz we know that V is vulnerable to gunfire(bullet proof armor not withstanding). But V is still cooler.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Placidity
Blade is a definately a low-mid metahuman. V is at best peak human, he won't be able to overcome his much physically superior opponent. Plus, the fact that Blade is very well trained in combat.

1. I'd like to point out that I agree that blade would win, but this post is filled with inaccuracies.

dSLeuTvRPdI
He takes the accumulative bullets from about fifteen men, then procedes to kill them all with knives before they can reload. In case you're wondering, that's within seconds for a trained SAS member.

fifteen special ops units within seconds. After enduring all of their firepower (he was bulletproofed to an extent but still...) Think about that.

He then holds a fully grown middle aged man above the ground for a bit of dialogue and snaps his neck.

Tell me that V isn't very well trained in combat, and that he's only "peak human"

Darth Martin
Originally posted by omgchos
The only Reason blade wins this fight is that he ahs no weaknesses. Except the bloodlust and Bleeding out(which takes a considerable amount of damage to accomplish). Since they are closely matched and all blade has to do is slice v a few times, blade wins. Cuz we know that V is vulnerable to gunfire(bullet proof armor not withstanding). But V is still cooler.

Blade's head cut off would kill him I believe. I don't think they are all that closely matched. Sure V is fast but we know that Blade can dodge bullets at close range. Strength, agility, skill, weapons, blunt force durability, etc. isn't comparable. Blade has considerable edges in all of these areas.

V IS more intelligent without a doubt, but I doubt he's a smarter/better tactitian and fighter than Blade in combat. He's also better at stealth but I doubt he'll be sneaking up on an elite superhuman Vampire slaying legend.

Blade is cooler. Although V for Vendetta is a great film and V is a great character. He doesn't touch Blade in the coolness department.

dadudemon
Blade's head cut off would kill him I believe. I don't think they are all that closely matched. Sure V is fast but we know that Blade can dodge bullets at close range. Strength, agility, skill, weapons, blunt force durability, etc. isn't comparable. Blade has considerable edges in all of these areas.

V IS more intelligent without a doubt, but I doubt he's a smarter/better tactitian and fighter than Blade in combat. He's also better at stealth but I doubt he'll be sneaking up on an elite superhuman Vampire slaying legend.

Blade is cooler. Although V for Vendetta is a great film and V is a great character. He doesn't touch Blade in the coolness department.
Nah. V is cooler.

Blade is cheesier, for sure, though.

Ms.Marvel
batman sucks

jaden101
Originally posted by dadudemon
Nah. V is cooler.

Blade is cheesier, for sure, though.

MUTHA ****ER ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR DAMN MIND?

Nah.

Darth Martin
Line is pure coolness.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
MUTHA ****ER ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR DAMN MIND?

Nah.

Lame. It's a rip-off, somewhat, of Samuel L. Mother ****in' Jackson.

Robtard
Not really fair, as that guy way overuses the "mother****er" line.

In Blade's case, I just think the writer/director just wanted to cement on us that Blade is indeed a negro, cos that's how those people talk.

Utrigita
Good fight, no idea on who wins though, could probably swing either way.

Darth Martin
Blade wins.....easily.

Robtard
Blade wins.....easily.

You're only saying that because you're a Black.

Rogue Jedi
****in snakes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.