Gears of War: The Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Len Wiseman is suiting up to direct New Line's "Gears of War," based on Microsoft and Epic Games' hit vidgame.

Chris Morgan is penning a new draft of the actioner that Stuart Beattie originally tackled

Chris Morgan is penning a new draft of the actioner that Stuart Beattie originally tackled. Scribe's credits include Universal's upcoming "Wanted" and "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift".

http://www.killermovies.com/g/gearsofwar/news/1414_Len_Wiseman_To_Direct_Gears_Of_War.html

Great game. The sequels looks good too. But as a movie I'd like to know why does "Doom"movie and it's fate pop into my head all of a sudden?

I wish it luck.

WrathfulDwarf
Love the video game.

Got me the cool Action figure of Marcus Fenix.

I'm getting the comic book series later this year.

Very much looking forward to the sequel.

A movie...Sure! Why not? it will be just a popcorn action flick. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Mairuzu
I don't see this working

jaden101
could lend itself to a very "aliens" style film...i think so long as they dont just throw the horde on-screen from the off and make it quite tense and suspenful then it could work...although they'll either try and make it an intro movie to show the background of how the horde came to earth...and then do another, at least 1 film with all out battle scenes

or they'll try and put it all into 1 film and it'll be too short to tell the story effectively

either way...it'll probably be full of shit C list actors with probably vin diesel playing the lead...and basically be a huge steaming pile of excrement

Mairuzu
I'd rather it be CGI

BruceSkywalker
Love Len Wiseman's work. Only bad part will be not seeing Kate. The cgi should work. It will be very interesting who they cast.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I'd rather it be CGI

hmm

I don't think that's a bad idea at all.

It would cost millions more to make it Live Action...and the live action portion of it would almost certainly be worse, imo.

I will wait and see before I start being pessimistic.

FistOfThe North
Wouldn't be surprised if "The Roc" gets casted for a role.

Mairuzu
Dwayne Johnson?

FistOfThe North
Or whatever his name is.. Duwayne Johnson. or w/e. Him.

Mairuzu
k

Menetnashté
I can only hope they'll cast Gunny as the commander.

dadudemon

FistOfThe North
Would Stone Cold Steve Austin be a good cast?

WrathfulDwarf
I was thinking more like Bruce Willis would be a good choice for Fenix.

FistOfThe North
I could see Micheal Clark Dunkin cast as that black dude Fenix saves in the game. "Coal Train" or something like that..

FistOfThe North
Or Ving Rhames..

Mairuzu
CGI or fail

Alpha Centauri
If they don't cast Lester Speight as Cole, the man who did the voice, then I'm not interested.

-AC

Röland
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I was thinking more like Bruce Willis would be a good choice for Fenix.
I like this.

Mairuzu
I disagree with bruce willis

Mairuzu
I'll see it.... if christian bale is in it

Plutonic_Hat90
20 bucks says this movie will be an epic failure. The game was great, don't get me wrong, but I just can't see this working out. I wouldn't be surprised if vin diesel will be marcus.

But for the record I'm still seeing it at midnight

dadudemon
Originally posted by Plutonic_Hat90
But for the record I'm still seeing it at midnight

LOL

yeah, I'll prolly do that same.

Blax_Hydralisk
How would Christian Bale POSSIBLY fit into this movie?

Robert Downey Jr. for Baird. 131

dadudemon
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
How would Christian Bale POSSIBLY fit into this movie?

Robert Downey Jr. for Baird. 131

Your mom should play General RAAM.

OOOOOOOOOOO! SICK BURN! Happy Dance

Plutonic_Hat90
lol laughing

badboy7
well.. what is the movie going to be all about..? can someone tell me the story line..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.