superman's level of power is inconsistent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nij-ayias
There are two reasons why superman level of power is inconsistent. Its because of the red sunlight and kryptonite. Each time superman receives radiation of kryptonite and red sun, it decreases his power to zero. The question is "how many times it happened since the reboot of superman"? In addition, all the feats of superman are inconsistent because it all depends of the amount of solar energy he had. Still it didn't come to a point where Superman absorbs too much energy and his energy reached another dimension. The logic about superman's level of power increasing many times per day is FALSE because of his weakness.

Rorschach

nij-ayias

Rorschach

Galvaclaw
I imagine he's trying to insinuate that Goku is more powerful than Superman because his power could be sensed in the afterlife.

This is of course rediculous. Superman has never truely radiated his reserves of energy outwards like Goku does. His power is internalised. Red Kryptonite was used once during the tower of babel to have this effect but Superman contained his energy through his willpower.

Its also worth noting that we've never had a situation in DC where
characters are shown in the afterlife commenting on a match.

Wait so unless Superman's a universal threat he's weak?

Endless Mike

Actually, that happened in "World's Funnest" (not canon, but just pointing it out)

nij-ayias
Originally posted by Rorschach
No, Ruin used red sun radiation to ‘freeze’ Superman’s power. It’s called a retcon. Try to keep up with the character, if you’re going act like you know about the character.

It was stated in my comics that "it saps".

"RACK AND RUIN STORYLINE"

Originally posted by Rorschach

Only temporarily.

Temporarily decrease in power means that Superman's power is not increasing continuously, its like a sinusoidal wafeform of an ac ckt.

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
I imagine he's trying to insinuate that Goku is more powerful than Superman because his power could be sensed in the afterlife.

ITS KAIOSHIN KAI NOT AFTERLIFE AND "KAIOHSHIN KAI IS IN ANOTHER DIMENSION NOT AFTERLIFE".

KAIOHSHIN KAI IS A DIMENSION GREATER THAN AFTERLIFE.

This is of course rediculous. Superman has never truely radiated his reserves of energy outwards like Goku does. His power is internalised. Red Kryptonite was used once during the tower of babel to have this effect but Superman contained his energy through his willpower.

Its not about radiated energy, its the presence of energy.

Wait so unless Superman's a universal threat he's weak?

Still, commenting a match doesn't mean that they sensed the energy reached in DC's afterlife.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Actually, that happened in "World's Funnest" (not canon, but just pointing it out)

And I'm also pointing out that canonsuperman is weaker.

vlaaad12345
Your dumb,seriously give it up,superman will beat gokus ass its that simple,superman keeps his energy on the inside gokus forces his out theres a big difference,let me know when goku ever resisted universe destroyers or moved planets with physical might or any of the other feats superman has that shit on goku.

Rorschach

Raoul
the ruin story is contradicted by a more recent example, namely:

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2694/10zk0.jpg

its from superman 667, iirc...

nij-ayias

Dark-Jaxx
You are a fanboy who uses ridiculous unquantifiable bullshit like energy being felt in another dimensions over actual feats, an area Superman destroys Goku in.

Rorschach

Endless Mike
Being sensed from another dimension isn't exactly a huge feat in the DBU. We already know ki can be felt from other dimensions - King Kai was sensing people from other dimensions back in the Saiyan saga.

Also, the idea of what is required to feel something in another dimension is a bit blurred in the DBU - remember when Goku was trying to find the new Namek's planet by sensing their ki from earth, but couldn't, even though it was just somewhere else in the universe? Then he teleported to King Kai's dimension and he could feel it from there. So in that case, sensing ki from another dimension was easier than sensing it somewhere else in the universe. It's useless as a feat.

Darkseid has spied on Superman from Apokolips, which is in another dimension. Is that somehow a feat for Superman now?

nij-ayias

Rorschach
Originally posted by nij-ayias
It's not moot, its fact. More powerful as the years pass but takes along time for him to really have a significant increase in powers doesn't mean 3 times increase of power in a single heartbeat.
No one's claiming Superman's powers gain a significant increase with ever passing second.

novwgenzochi
ehm, I agree with nij-ayias, about this topic, the inconsistent of Superman's power. because Superman got energy from sunlight. I can assume that Superman is like a solar panel. so, how many joules do you expect from sun energy that can be absorbed by solar panel? even it has 100% efficiency, or has been charged 100 years, or multiple solar panel combined together but still it can't even move a mountain. so that I think Superman's power is hyperbolic.

Endless Mike
The sunlight really just catalyzes further processes within him

Mindship
Originally posted by novwgenzochi
ehm, I agree with nij-ayias, about this topic, the inconsistent of Superman's power. because Superman got energy from sunlight. I can assume that Superman is like a solar panel. so, how many joules do you expect from sun energy that can be absorbed by solar panel? even it has 100% efficiency, or has been charged 100 years, or multiple solar panel combined together but still it can't even move a mountain. so that I think Superman's power is hyperbolic. Originally posted by Mindship (from another thread)
One megaton yields over 4000 terajoules...Seems to me, in order to survive a one megaton blast, one would have to counter 4000 terajoules with an equal amount of energy, at least.

Thusly...
- On a sunny day, the amount of sunlight per square centimeter yields 0.1345 joules every ten seconds.
- An adult male has about 1.8 square meters of total skin surface area.
- If Superman were totally naked, he could perhaps absorb about 2500 joules in ten seconds. He needs 1.6 trillion times this amount to counter the energy of a 1 megaton bomb (4000 trillion divided by 2500).
- 1.6 trillion x 10 seconds is about 500,000 years. This is how long Kal El has to sunbathe to absorb enough power to survive 1 (one) "typical" nuclear explosion.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
The sunlight really just catalyzes further processes within him Agreed.
Originally posted by Mindship
...it would be better to assign the solar rad he absorbs a "secondary" position, something which triggers a far more powerful energy source, rather than being the primary energy source itself...kinda like a car ignition triggering the more-powerful internal combustion which actually moves the car.

smokin'

Mister Supreme
If you really want to kill Superman, show him gold Kryptonite which would make Superman completely human with human level abilities since it nullifies all of Superman's superhuman powers, shot him with the bullet in the head and transport him at the end of time-end of story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.