Batman 89 or Batman Begins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
I looked back 10 pages and couldn't find a thread for this.

Seems to be all the rage of a topic now days here, on AICN, SHH, and other places.

So, lets have the fans decide.

Which film is better?

For what reasons?

Lets not bash each other, just express opinions.

My vote: I love Batman 89 for what it is, and loved it as a kid. It's still pretty cool.

Batman Begins is leagues above it however, in every way.

What say you? Don't forget to vote!

Il.Mozalini
My vote is for Begins. Reason: No Prince in it's soundtrack.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I looked back 10 pages and couldn't find a thread for this.

Seems to be all the rage of a topic now days here, on AICN, SHH, and other places.

So, lets have the fans decide.

Which film is better?

For what reasons?

Lets not bash each other, just express opinions.

My vote: I love Batman 89 for what it is, and loved it as a kid. It's still pretty cool.

Batman Begins is leagues above it however, in every way.

What say you? Don't forget to vote!

well the thread might not have been created but this discussion has been done to death,so I wish this thread hadnt been created,but it has been discussed to death on other threads like on the TIM BURTON IS A MORON WHEN IT COMES TO BATMAN.the BEST thread ever created here in this section.

I am grateful to Batman Begins and Nolan because Begins is the one and only true batman movie.The sad truth is that before Begins came out,ALL the other Batman movies sucked and were a disgrace to the comicbook.they should be burned.

Begins did everything right that its predecessors did wrong. Casting Bale-a guy who actually looked the part and had the right build,Batman wasn't the cowardly killer the other Batman movies made him into,Lots of action in it like a Batman movie SHOULD have,Batman 89 was a boring snoozefest,the first hour in a half they just stood around talking the whole damn time with just a few action scenes here and there,thats nuts for a batman film!!!! thats why its laughable when someone says that Begins was boring cause that critisem holds no water.It had lots of action in it from beginning to end.

They can criticise Begins for other things,but boring is ludicrise and absurd.The movie was all about Batman for once instead of being all about the villain and Batman being just a supporting character.Batman 89 should have been called The Joker since he had the majority of the screentime.That works for a TV show,but not for a movie,a movie is a special case. He had so much screentime that they never had time to explain Batmans origin or why he dressed up like a Bbat.It wasnt till Batman Forever that you understood that and when it was explained.Thats nuts,it SHOULD have been explained in Batman 89 cause thats the ORIGIN story for god sakes!!! Most importantly Batman didnt kill people or in cowardly ways and unlike Batman 89,was realistic and believeable. I liked it when that Black Commissioner said-Nobody takes the law into their own hands.nobody,not in my town. and he had the police hunting for batman.The other thing I liked about Beigns was Butrton had the right idea for Gotham being dark and gothic but he went overboard and made the city TOO dark to the point where you could not see what was going on half the time during the night scenes.Nolan had just the right touch though making it dark and gothic but not dark enough to where you couldnt see what was going on.His look for Gotham was awesome.

That was believeable because thats the way it is in the real world,that nobody is allowed to take the law into their own hands. I hate it when people say batman killed people in Batman Begins because that is so false its unreal. In the monestary,when that place blew up,itheres no evidence that anybody died,and its pretty safe to say no one did because they had much more time to get out of there than Bruce did.He stayed there fighting Ras while everybody else was fleeing.His life was just as much in danger as everybody elses was and even more so.If HE got out,the it would be absurd to say the others didnt get out. and sorry,not saving someone isnt murder.Huge difference in killing someone sending them falling to their death several stories and not saving someone. laughing also Gordon caused him to die,not Batman.

WrathfulDwarf
It's fine...no sweat...the poll can stay.

BruceSkywalker
I am a Batman fanatic. I love all thing's Batman. I watch all the movies every other couple days. Batman '89 was great, the first of its kind. However, Batman Begins is in a league all by itself.

Only until july 18, then TDK will be the best

Rafkins_Warning
Grow up and get a new f*cking topic for christsake!

SelinaAndBruce
I found Batman 1989 slightly more entertaining than Batman Begins. Begins was a better movie though, but 1989 is more rewatchable IMO.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I found Batman 1989 slightly more entertaining than Batman Begins. Begins was a better movie though, but 1989 is more rewatchable IMO.

That's SO true...

After the first 5 times I watched Begins, I was SO tired of that movie...

But for some reason I can watch B89 a lot more...

But Begins was a better movie...

SelinaAndBruce
Yeah I can definitely see that Begins is by far the better made film but for me it lacked some of the entertainment value that 1989 had. My perfect Batman film would be a blending of the two films.

batmanfan136
Begins was the better of the two because it just stuck to the story more, the actors were ten times better in begins, bale actual cared about being batman and gained muscle and had to lose muscle, and this one was actual about batman not like 89 witch should have been called the joker because that's who was the star of the film

Il.Mozalini
Yeah I can definitely see that Begins is by far the better made film but for me it lacked some of the entertainment value that 1989 had. My perfect Batman film would be a blending of the two films.

I see where you're coming from...it's like the difference between Grease and American Graffiti. One is obviously the better film even if some find the other more entertaining.

I think now that TDK doesn't have SO much plot to explain, it should have loads more entertainment value for you...not in the painting in an arty gallery whilst dancing around to Prince kinda way, but in a good way.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by batmanfan136
Begins was the better of the two because it just stuck to the story more, the actors were ten times better in begins, bale actual cared about being batman and gained muscle and had to lose muscle, and this one was actual about batman not like 89 witch should have been called the joker because that's who was the star of the film

well said. thumb up that was one of the points I brought up.

SelinaAndBruce
The Joker got a lot of screentime but he wasn't the star of the film IMO and I never thought so. Though I did quite enjoy seeing his mayhem unfold in such detail

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Il.Mozalini
I see where you're coming from...it's like the difference between Grease and American Graffiti. One is obviously the better film even if some find the other more entertaining.

I think now that TDK doesn't have SO much plot to explain, it should have loads more entertainment value for you...not in the painting in an arty gallery whilst dancing around to Prince kinda way, but in a good way.
I think the Dark Knight is going to be mostly very serious and dark. I still look forward to it though and I do hope it is more rewatchable than Begins is to me.

Wolverine2006
Batman Begins for many reasons, I liked 89 of course but I definitely liked Begins better.

BruceSkywalker

Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Batman Begins for many reasons, I liked 89 of course but I definitely liked Begins better.

Great words, I agree

SpaceMonkey
BB just seems more real, more human. Maybe because we get so much depth on Bruce Wayne.

Mr Parker
true dat.btw,not going to post anymore on that HORRIBLE REINVENTION thread since I know that thread was just resurrected by a friend of Batman Returns,the thread starter of that thread.their both trolls posting only to get reactions out of people, which is why you should not have taken the bait and posted there Space Monkey.But since you did,wanted to say that was a great post,very well said and spoken there. Happy Dance thumb up thumb up thumb up

SpaceMonkey
Thanks! smart

Mr Parker
sure thing.Since that was such a great post,I am going to post it here on THIS thread as well since like i said Im through posting on that one.I figure you wont mind.

Its not even close.The Burton Batman was ok,Batman Returns was pretty bad.The best part of that first one was Jack as The Joker.Returns had nothing redeeming other than Michelle Pfeiffer in spandex.Batman Begins made Batman a human being and put something INSIDE the batsuit,however ugly you might think it is.Begins was just that,The Beginning of a story,a character and a series.The next one,Dark Knight,will blow away any other Batman thanks to the build-up from Batman Begins.

The ONLY thing I would change about this post if I was posting it Space Monkey is the part on Jack as Joker being the best part of the first one.Jack was just being Jack in that movie most the time,where from all reports that have been reported about Ledger is that he really embodied the character and became that character.The Only thing I would change if posting that is that Kim Basinger was the best part of the first one and the ONLY good thing about that movie. big grin

batmanfan136
also i thought that begins did a lot better at Bruce's org in then Batman 89 were the death of Bruce's parents was bascily just put in Burton's to make it seem like Batman hates Joker more were Begin plays how it should be one of the definning moments that effected Batman's career

Bat Dude
also i thought that begins did a lot better at Bruce's org in then Batman 89 were the death of Bruce's parents was bascily just put in Burton's to make it seem like Batman hates Joker more were Begin plays how it should be one of the definning moments that effected Batman's career

True, but B89's Wayne death scene was more iconic... It was all dream like, and the sounds were all eerie and slowed down...

Mairuzu
BB without a single doubt in my mind.

Neo Darkhalen
BB

starlock
Bats 89....the music and the feel for gotham made it for me, i could care less about realism in my comic book movies, and Bale is a great actor....but fails at convincing me he is bruce or batman....but i liked the movie,i just prefer the 89 bats more

batmanfan136
Originally posted by starlock
Bale is a great actor....but fails at convincing me he is bruce or batman....

But Michael Keaton did ?

SelinaAndBruce
Michael Keaton was a kick ass Batman. His Bruce Wayne could be argued as off but he wore that suit and he was bad ass in it

BruceSkywalker
But Michael Keaton did ?

Even though I loved Batman '89, Batman Begins is the best. Keaton was an out of place, but fair Bruce Wayne/Batman, while Bale is a kick ass Bruce Wayne/Batman

Mr Parker
But Michael Keaton did ?

Keaton sucked as Batman.He acted nothing at all like Bruce Wayne.He copied Chris Reeves performance from Superman acting like a goofy dork as Bruce Wayne saying things like -Yeah this time Im sure Im Bruce Wayne,but macho and cool as Batman.Thats not Bruce Wayne at all.Bruce Wayne is suave and cool with the women.

Bale portrayed him perfectly.Keaton was a good Batman but he was a horrible Bruce Wayne.Not only did he not even come close to looking the part but acted NOTHING at all like him either, where Bale is easily by far the best Batman cause he not only looked the part and acted like Bruce Wayne,.he was great as BOTH Bruce Wayne AND Batman as well.I understand some people didnt care for his line delivery as Batman and thats fine, but to many fans,that screams Batman the way he did it.

batmanfan136
yeah I'm not saying i don't like Keaton as an actor i love a lot of his movies but i thought he was a horrible Bruce Wayne and OK batman I'm just saying Bale is ten times better as Batman/Bruce Wayne

Mr Parker
batmanfan136,I love your views on the Batman movies.You so much hit the nail on the head so many times in your criticisms of the Burton Batman films.

batmanfan136
Originally posted by Mr Parker
batmanfan136,I love your views on the Batman movies.You so much hit the nail on the head so many times in your criticisms of the Burton Batman films.

Thank you same to you

Mr Parker
No problem and thank you also.I was also trying to say earlier but couldn't finish the post cause my computer went on the fritz earlier,that yeah that's exactly the same way I feel also.I got nothing against Keaton as an actor either,its just I hated him in the role of Batman because he was miscast in it since he looked NOTHING like the character.It doesn't matter how great of an actor you are,if you don't even come close to looking the part,you bring no credibility to the role.Lawrence Olivia is considered the greatest actor of all time by just about everybody in show business,but just because he is a great actor,you wouldn't want to cast him in the role of Batman either cause like i said,doesn't matter if he is the greatest actor of all time,he would bring no credibility to the role because he looks nothing like the character.Keaton doesn't either and he was no exception to the rule.

Yeah that's the misconception that some of the Burton batman fans have when you criticise Keaton as Batman and Burton for his work on the movie is they automatically assume you hate Keaton as an actor which is far from the case.I think Keaton is a very good actor and loved him in some of the movies he has been in.The others he was well cast in its just he was horribly miscast and wrong for the role of Bruce Wayne.Same with Burton,I don't hate Burton as a director,I just hate him for what he did to the Batman movies.He has made some good films in the past before,but Batman is not one of them.

Toku King
I'll say that I like them the same.

SelinaAndBruce
Wow I'm thinking you're gonna hate Sam Jackson as Nick Fury then cuz he looks nothing like him. And to me Aaron Eckhart looks nothing like any incarnations of Two Face that I've seen in the comics but I still believe him as Two Face. The problem for me with Keaton's Bruce was that Burton did a little re imagining and tried to make him quirky to make it more believable that he could dress up as a bat. But he missed the point that the thing is that Bruce Wayne is supposed to have the opposite effect...his personality is supposed to make it hard to believe he'd be Batman. Other than that I had no problem buying Keaton.

batmanfan136
(Wow I'm thinking you're gonna hate Sam Jackson as Nick Fury then cuz he looks nothing like him. And to me Aaron Eckhart looks nothing like any incarnations of Two Face that I've seen in the comics but I still believe him as Two Face. )

See i still think that Eckhart is going to be good just cause from the previews he looks like he captures Harvey dent. And on the Sam Jackson as Nick Fury I'm a fan of the ultimates so i didn't care which version they used

bakerboy
First, i preffer the classic nick fury , not the ultimates sam jackson. And Echkart looks more like dent than billy dee williams or tommy lee jones, for sure.

Second: begins is the superior movie, and the only true batman movie for the moment, until the dark knight will be released. It had all the things that a batman movie should have: a great story, great direction, a great cast, loyal to the spirit of the comic, lots of action, etc.

The first two batman movies were horrible, i only liked both girls kim basinguer and michelle pfeiffer. the movies were boring, unloyal, stupid, bad acting, bad dialogue, keaton was terrible as bruce wayne and didnt look the part, jack was playing himself with joker costume and didnt look the part, the penguin was stupid and devito was horrible,etc. Totally awful, as awful as the schumacher movies. Only liked the two girls, michael gough as alfred, the danny elfman's music and the batmobile. the rest was crap.

One thing that i loved in the new franchise started by begins is that Chris Nolan is keeping the spirt of the comic and the characters and casting so well the parts. And at the same time, doing a great movie with a great story, great dialogue and great performances. Christian Bale is the one and only batman and bruce wayne, he nailed both parts . Heat Ledger seems like a perfect joker in the trailers. Michael Caine was a great alfred, gary oldman the same with gordon, morgan freeman the same with lucius fox. Liam Neeson, tom wilkinson and cillian murphy were great. Aaron ekchart looks pretty good in both parts of harvey dent/ two face. I respect both tim burton as a director and michael keaton as an actor, i loved many of their works in another movies. But they did it wrong in the batman movies and just their own thing. Nolan and Bale are doing it in the right way.

For all of this, yes, batman begins is the totally superior movie.

SelinaAndBruce
Rachel Dawes alone, and the dryness for me makes Batman Begins a bit of a misfire in some sense.

And I don't see how Jack Nicholson was playing himself as I've never seen him stab anyone with a feather in real life.

And I personally will always regret that I never got to see Billy Dee Williams as Two Face

bakerboy
Jack nicholson was just playing himself. What was the difference between jack torrance, macmurphy and the joker? just the same, jack playing the jack persona.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bakerboy
First, i preffer the classic nick fury , not the ultimates sam jackson. And Echkart looks more like dent than billy dee williams or tommy lee jones, for sure.

Second: begins is the superior movie, and the only true batman movie for the moment, until the dark knight will be released. It had all the things that a batman movie should have: a great story, great direction, a great cast, loyal to the spirit of the comic, lots of action, etc.

The first two batman movies were horrible, i only liked both girls kim basinguer and michelle pfeiffer. the movies were boring, unloyal, stupid, bad acting, bad dialogue, keaton was terrible as bruce wayne and didnt look the part, jack was playing himself with joker costume and didnt look the part, the penguin was stupid and devito was horrible,etc. Totally awful, as awful as the schumacher movies. Only liked the two girls, michael gough as alfred, the danny elfman's music and the batmobile. the rest was crap.

One thing that i loved in the new franchise started by begins is that Chris Nolan is keeping the spirt of the comic and the characters and casting so well the parts. And at the same time, doing a great movie with a great story, great dialogue and great performances. Christian Bale is the one and only batman and bruce wayne, he nailed both parts . Heat Ledger seems like a perfect joker in the trailers. Michael Caine was a great alfred, gary oldman the same with gordon, morgan freeman the same with lucius fox. Liam Neeson, tom wilkinson and cillian murphy were great. Aaron ekchart looks pretty good in both parts of harvey dent/ two face. I respect both tim burton as a director and michael keaton as an actor, i loved many of their works in another movies. But they did it wrong in the batman movies and just their own thing. Nolan and Bale are doing it in the right way.

For all of this, yes, batman begins is the totally superior movie.

thumb up thumb up exactly.well said.Like you and space monkey said so well,The Burton Batman movies are a disgrace to his character and Batman Returns sucked even worse than the first one did which I did not think would be possible.Like Space Monkey said so well,the only redeeeming thing about Batman Returns is Michelle in a catwoman outfit. big grin

D_A_R_E
I do love the 89 Bats, but I like Batman Begins better. It breaks Bats down a lot better than the 89 film.

SelinaAndBruce
Jack nicholson was just playing himself. What was the difference between jack torrance, macmurphy and the joker? just the same, jack playing the jack persona.
Jack Torrance was nothing like the Joker. laughing

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by D_A_R_E
I do love the 89 Bats, but I like Batman Begins better. It breaks Bats down a lot better than the 89 film.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by D_A_R_E

Thats one of the reasons I prefer Batman Forever over the first Batman film is Batman Forever FINALLY was all about Batman for a change instead of being all about the villians with Batman being just a supporting character.Batman Forever explained his origin story and why he dressed up like a bat which SHOULD have been explained in the first film.Its the origin story for god sakes.Forever is the only Batman movie of the Burton/Schumacher travesty that I can tolerate.Thank god for Nolan,he erased that horrible Burton/Schumacher nightmare franchise from my memory for me. Happy Dance

SelinaAndBruce
Batman Forever was absolute garbage LMAO. The acting was so bad and the colors! Gah!

RocasAtoll
Begins. No contest. Burton basically took a shit on Batman with his movies.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
roll eyes (sarcastic)
How soon people forget that if it wasn't for Tim Burton Batman would still be a pseudo homo sexual dancing around with Robin with a bunch of nonsensical words flashing at the screen with every punch he made and doing the Batusi after surfing contests with the Joker to mainstream non comic book readers. Some fans may not have liked the inaccuracies in Batman 1989 but it still brought Batman back from the brink of being forever remembered as a campy joke.

Mr Parker

Yeah you aint kidding.well said.You can say that again. thumb up thumb up

Bat Dude
I find it funny that people who hate it NEVER bring up the fact that it spawned BTAS, a whole generation's "dark Batman", and, to a lesser extent, made Batman Begins possible...

Batman 1989 was revolutionary for Batman's image with mainstream viewers... They didn't read comics, so they didn't know about Batman's return to his roots... They still thought of Adam West "bow, biff, and zam" every time they heard "Batman"... Whether you hate it or love it, it made the mainstream notice Batman as a dark, brooding, creature of the night...

Just because it wasn't "OMGZ MODURN BATMANZ!!!" and because it wasn't as good a movie doesn't mean it doesn't deserve credit...

SelinaAndBruce
Exactly Batdude the lack of respect for Batman 1989 is rather baffling considering it saved Batman from being remembered as a homoerotic dancing buffoon. But I guess because the Joker killed Batman's parents in 1989 and he had machine guns on his car and Michael Keaton was not a fan boy's Adonis then the merits of that action alone are non existant to some.

sithsaber408
You can here a few cuts from the score at the official site:

http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/thedarkknight/

Check out Why So Serious, which has a bit of the Jokers theme, methinks.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by sithsaber408
You can here a few cuts from the score at the official site:

http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/thedarkknight/

Check out Why So Serious, which has a bit of the Jokers theme, methinks.

Shouldn't this go in the Current Status thread?

sithsaber408
yeah, I misposted. embarrasment

batmanfan136
i ad mitt fully that without Burton's movie there would be no batman the animated series and helped bring batman back to what he should be but that does not cover up the fact that it also had a ton of flows almost to the point were it almost wasn't even batman

SelinaAndBruce
i ad mitt fully that without Burton's movie there would be no batman the animated series and helped bring batman back to what he should be but that does not cover up the fact that it also had a ton of flows almost to the point were it almost wasn't even batman
I don't think Begins got Batman perfectly either. It just did a better job with the comic book source material but it certainly had flaws as well. But when Batman 1989 came out the super hero comic book movie industry was very different back then and the way the movie was made reflects that. I definitely don't think Batman 1989 was perfect but it certainly is not the worst thing that happened to Batman. If anything it saved his image even if it didn't capture his essence perfectly it returned him back to a realm where he could be taken seriously and was not a comedic buffoon and the fanboy nose thumbing of it is hilarious when you consider that.

bakerboy
First, Jack did the same playing jack torrance than the joker, the only difference was the makeup. When Jack is playing a crazy dude, he always behaves like he is with the same gesture. Only post to his joker some sunglasses and you will have jack being jack. He did the same that he usually does when he is in a Lakers game.

BruceSkywalker

I agree. Also its my opinion, but I believe Batman Begins got Batman perfect. In 15 days then The Joker will be perfect.

Bat Dude
I remember we used to have these discussions in 2005/2006... 3 years later, we're STILL talking about it...

Let's bury the hatchet...

Begins was a leap in the right direction, but B89 dragged Batman tv shows/movies back into serious territory...

The Begins fans can watch Begins, the B89 fans can watch B89, and the ones who like and accept both (me), can watch both...

Now close this thread...

sithsaber408
I suppose we can if you all would like.

Like I said, I enjoyed Batman '89 as a kid and still like it today, but feel that Begins is leaps and bounds better in every area.

The results of the poll (currently) are as follows:

Begins is better: 72.41%

Batman '89 is better: 17.24%

They are the same: 10.34%

So results are the same here as with audiences, critics, and most geeks: Batman Begins is better than Batman '89.

SelinaAndBruce
But I would rather watch Batman 1989 anyday out the week, lol. I like and own both, but I do have my preference.
And Jack Napier and Jack Torrance are nothing alike.

bakerboy
Jack Torrance and the Joker( not Napier), are behaving exatly the same. And is the same than Randall Patrick Mcmurphy. Jack, when plays a crazy dude, always does the same kind of performance.

SelinaAndBruce
Jack Torrance and the Joker( not Napier), are behaving exatly the same. And is the same than Randall Patrick Mcmurphy. Jack, when plays a crazy dude, always does the same kind of performance.
Ok whatever because I could point out several differences between the characters.

bakerboy
Go ahead.

SelinaAndBruce
What would be the point? It's clear to most anyone that Jack Torrance the axe wielding murderer is nothing like the Joker. Jack lost his mine and tried to axe his whole family and froze to death. He didn't get disfigured, didn't take over the mob, didn't terrorize the city, didn't take pleasure in defacing artwork, didn't tell a bunch of jokes, didn't try to poison the whole town, wasn't obsessed with Batman...the characters were nothing alike except Jack Nicholson played them both. This is just like when people who don't like Will Smith act like all his characters are all exactly the same.

sithsaber408
Awww HAIL nawwww!

bakerboy
What would be the point? It's clear to most anyone that Jack Torrance the axe wielding murderer is nothing like the Joker. Jack lost his mine and tried to axe his whole family and froze to death. He didn't get disfigured, didn't take over the mob, didn't terrorize the city, didn't take pleasure in defacing artwork, didn't tell a bunch of jokes, didn't try to poison the whole town, wasn't obsessed with Batman...the characters were nothing alike except Jack Nicholson played them both. This is just like when people who don't like Will Smith act like all his characters are all exactly the same.

Dear darling, what are you talking about? Obviulsy, the stories were different. Same with mcmurphy, he was in a mental asylum and nurse Rached wasnt batman. What a great discover. What im talking about is Jack's way of playing those kind of insane characters. He always does the same, same smile, same way of behaving, same kind of gesture and body expression, etc. Same with the guy that he played in Easy Ryder. Same with his character in the departed or his character in that adam sandler movie or the same with his character in terms of endameint or his character in that movie with Morgan Freeman. When is some kind of crazy in a movie, he always does the same that he does in a Lakers game or in an oscars ceremony. Just the same. Same gesture, same smile , just the same.

For that, Usually Jack is Jack in almost all his movies. Ok, he is great, he is cool, but he is almost always jack. At least in movies like chinatown he tried and he did it in a different way, but not in those movies. I was hoping that his joker would say in some scene" here is johnyyyyyyyyyy".

SelinaAndBruce
Dear darling? I read nothing you wrote after that.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I remember we used to have these discussions in 2005/2006... 3 years later, we're STILL talking about it...

Let's bury the hatchet...

Begins was a leap in the right direction, but B89 dragged Batman tv shows/movies back into serious territory...

The Begins fans can watch Begins, the B89 fans can watch B89, and the ones who like and accept both (me), can watch both...

Now close this thread...

yeah WHY did you have to create this thread Sith? mad this discussion has been done to death.its been going on endlessly for the past three years.Thats why I agree with BatDude,that this thread,along with that Begins Horrible invention thread, should be closed.It would nice to be able to come here and talk about news for the upcoming Batman movie without all this constant talk about past Batman movies.

sithsaber408
1.) I made the thread to get a current poll of fans feelings. It's been 3 years. People have seen Begins enough to let it set in, excitement fade, and see how it is as a film after multiple viewings over time. Which is what they all have already for Batman '89. So here they can have a better objective opinion on and vote.

2.) You can't expect to come to this forum and only talk about TDK. It's called the BATMAN forum, not TDK forum. We talk about all the movies here, not just the newest one.

3.) You seem a bit foolish coming in with some red smilie face asking for the thread to be closed, when you posted a total of TEN TIMES, making you the single biggest poster/contributor to the thread.

Have a nice day, n00b. smile

U Neek
Well said...

I prefer Batman Begins. One of the things I didn't like about Burton's Batman is how he gave Gotham a sort of "gothic" look...And it really looked dated to me. Sort of old fashioned. I dunno why but watching B89 gives me the impression Batman is going to be taking on Gangsters with Tommy Guns, driving the old style vehicles.

I also didn't like how it was portrayed in B89 that it was the Joker who killed Wayne's parents. But then I didn't like the fact that they caught the killer of Thomas and Martha in Begins...

Both film had bad points as well as good, and I cannot state them all here.

It's really hard to find the right balance in creating a comic book movie. It's never going to be 100% true to the source material. Despite that, I still rate Begins over B89. But that's my preference. If you like B89, you like it, if you like Begins you like Begins. If you like neither or both then cool. Each to their own.

Cheers for the poll.

U

bakerboy
Dear darling? I read nothing you wrote after that.

So sad.

Scythe
Begins has the upper hand imo. The film was more about the secret identity rather than the alter ego. It showed Bruce Wayne at his peak and established him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.