Godzilla 1998 vs the Cloverfield monster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
New York has been evacuated, leaving these two behemoths to go at it. New York City is the battleground, from Coney Island to Harlem.

All Hell is about to break loose in the Big Apple.

DestinyGuy678
godzilla.....clovervield seems to be more durable though

Plutonic_Hat90
godzilla would win. Clovy definetely is more durable but he moves at like 10 mph and godzilla is quite a bit more agile

Blax_Hydralisk
1998 Godzilla:

Was about two hundred feet tall, and was killed by missles from a jet fighter.

Cloverfield:

Was about 360 feet tall, and survived missles, machine guns, and carpet bombings from jet fighters and tanks and soldiers, easily. It took the United States' strognest non-Nuclear bomb, which obliterated the entire Manhatten area, to kill Clover.

Godzilla:

Shoots regular old fire out of his mouth (much weaker then his japanese counter-part), and has claws.

Cloverfield:

Has razor sharp teeth and the like.

Classic japanese Godzilla would wreck Clovvie, most likely. But Amerian Godzilla isn't doin' it.

WrathfulDwarf
Godzilla 1998 FTW.

Blax_Hydralisk
Why.

ragesRemorse
Cloverfield monster would win with ease. Even though the monster only looked like it was 15 feet tall at the end, the wide shots from the helicopter contradict that and suggest that he towers over city buildings. The cloverfield monster also drops scales that turn into small monsters. 98 godzilla was a glorified T-rex, cloverfield monster survived an night long onslaught of military weaponry and as far as we know went on to destroy the entire world, unaffected by our weapons. Godzilla dropped after taking a few rockets, thats pussy shit in the realm of monsters.

GGS
Cloverfield monster will lose it's controlled by a kid by physic link. *insert facepalm here*

DantevsKratos
meh i think godzilla i saw cloverfield and wasn't impressed and also the monster isnt cloverfeild cloverfeild means hazard zone

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
1998 Godzilla:

Was about two hundred feet tall, and was killed by missles from a jet fighter.

Cloverfield:

Was about 360 feet tall, and survived missles, machine guns, and carpet bombings from jet fighters and tanks and soldiers, easily. It took the United States' strognest non-Nuclear bomb, which obliterated the entire Manhatten area, to kill Clover.

Godzilla:

Shoots regular old fire out of his mouth (much weaker then his japanese counter-part), and has claws.

Cloverfield:

Has razor sharp teeth and the like.

Classic japanese Godzilla would wreck Clovvie, most likely. But Amerian Godzilla isn't doin' it. 1. 200 feet tall? Lol wut? Seriously, how in the HELL did you get 200 feet tall? Also, Godzilla was shot in its weakspot when it died, a soft area of skin on its neck, he was taking any and all weapons beforehand.

2. Sure, it is more durable, but not as versatile, and is slower and less agile.

3. And giant jaws that can prolly clamp over the whole Cloverfield monster's head. no expression And its arms are long and USABLE.

4. ....Its mouth was tiny. Seriously. How will it kill Godzilla with that little mouth?

Yeah it is.

RocasAtoll
Cloverfield monster survived a fuel bomb.

Godzilla can't do more damage than that.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by DantevsKratos
meh i think godzilla i saw cloverfield and wasn't impressed and also the monster isnt cloverfeild cloverfeild means hazard zone

no shit

Da Joker
Wait, wait, the 1998 movie version wins yet can't survive the very bombs Clovie withstood for several hours straight? I fail to understand that logic.

Da Joker
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
1. 200 feet tall? Lol wut? Seriously, how in the HELL did you get 200 feet tall? Also, Godzilla was shot in its weakspot when it died, a soft area of skin on its neck, he was taking any and all weapons beforehand.

2. Sure, it is more durable, but not as versatile, and is slower and less agile.

3. And giant jaws that can prolly clamp over the whole Cloverfield monster's head. no expression And its arms are long and USABLE.

4. ....Its mouth was tiny. Seriously. How will it kill Godzilla with that little mouth?

Yeah it is.

1. He's a little smaller than Clover, so Clover has a size advantage nonetheless. Also, Zilla got his ass blasted to hell, just accept it. Weak spot or not, he was gonna die because he's a massive pussy compared to other kaiju. Clover wins this in a stomp.

2. Slower and less agile? He leaped hundreds of feet into the air less than 10 seconds after falling down from being bombed which apparently had no effect.

3. Clover has longer arms and more strength in them. Zilla would be trying to run away, just like he did when the jets were on his ass.

4. Tiny mouth? I suggest you take another look. Clover is a straight up carnivore and won't hesitate to kill Zilla who ran from damn jets.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Cloverfeildcloseup.png

Wil7
Cloverfield from Cloverfield vs Godzilla from Godzilla.

Who wins?

Placidity
Wait wait, I Know!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t486598.html

ragesRemorse
Godzilla. He shoots death breath

NonSensi-Klown
Godzilla also gets killed by missles from jets while Clovvie tanked every single non-nuclear weapon the military had.

Clovvie wins.

Placidity
This is a tough one for me.

What strength feats does Godzilla and Clover have?

I can't remember that much, but I remember Clover taking the Statue's head off and throwing it a fair distance, and the rest was just rampaging through the streets.

BTW, regarding their sizes, Clover is smaller than Godzilla I think. There are a few shots of it running through the streets and he is shorter than the apartment buildings.

Dark-Jaxx
I'm curious to know exactly HOW Clover plans on killing Godzilla when Godzilla based on what we saw is taller and larger, and Clover only has like two ways to hurt Godzilla, claws(maybe) and teeth.

NonSensi-Klown
Based on what we saw?

Clovvie is factually bigger than American Godzilla. We've already been over this... Clovvie has almost 200 hundred feet on American godzilla.

And there is no reason to think that Godzilla can harm Clovvie at all. Why would teeth hurt when missiles and bullets and bombs bounce off?

Bardock42
Clover is larger than Godzilla? When did that happen?

NonSensi-Klown
When?

When JJ released the specs for Clovvie and it turns out that his 360 feet of height is > Godzilla's 200 feet. That's when.

The Statue of Liberty is 250 feet tall. Clovvie ripped off it's head.

Speaks for itself.

Bardock42
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
When?

When JJ released the specs for Clovvie and it turns out that his 360 feet of height is > Godzilla's 200 feet. That's when.

The Statue of Liberty is 250 feet tall. Clovvie ripped off it's head.

Speaks for itself.

Well, it doesn't seem that big in the movie. Actually...it looks kinda small...but I guess if he says that.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Cloverfield monster would win with ease. Even though the monster only looked like it was 15 feet tall at the end, the wide shots from the helicopter contradict that and suggest that he towers over city buildings. The cloverfield monster also drops scales that turn into small monsters. 98 godzilla was a glorified T-rex, cloverfield monster survived an night long onslaught of military weaponry and as far as we know went on to destroy the entire world, unaffected by our weapons. Godzilla dropped after taking a few rockets, thats pussy shit in the realm of monsters.

No, Clover is dead. JJ Abrams confirmed that the bombing at the end of the film killed him. Also, those "scales" are just parasites that were latched onto him at birth.

Not only does Clover's mouth stretch across his entire face when closed, but when it's open it's hardly something I'd call "tiny". Granted, I don't think it's particualry advantageous or disadvantageous against Zilla. Against the Toho Godzilla of course, Clover is asking himself to get Nuclear Pulse'd.

Either way, Clover has shown ZERO feats of supernatural powers aside from a tough hide. If he were a Toho Kaiju, he'd be low tier most likely. I'd give the fight to either Godzilla or Zilla. Zilla may have been done in by missles, but I don't recall that being something Clover has regular access to. Not to mention Zilla has vastly better feats of speed and agility, as well as at least one supernatural-esque ability.

I'll also say that even if the movie's Zilla can't kill Clover, Zilla jr from the cartoon sure as hell would; he has the same powers as the real Godzilla (including healing factor), and is also a clearly better fighter than movie Zilla.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I'm curious to know exactly HOW Clover plans on killing Godzilla when Godzilla based on what we saw is taller and larger, and Clover only has like two ways to hurt Godzilla, claws(maybe) and teeth.

this is american godzilla though

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
No, Clover is dead. JJ Abrams confirmed that the bombing at the end of the film killed him. Also, those "scales" are just parasites that were latched onto him at birth.

but i thought he also said that the creature we saw at the very end, which looked like a different creature, was cloverfield.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Based on what we saw?

Clovvie is factually bigger than American Godzilla. We've already been over this... Clovvie has almost 200 hundred feet on American godzilla.

And there is no reason to think that Godzilla can harm Clovvie at all. Why would teeth hurt when missiles and bullets and bombs bounce off? And when did American Godzilla only become 200 feet tall? Because going by the movie, I would say he's alot bigger than that.

Why not? All Clovie has tanke are missiles, the MOAB killed him. Thing is, going by the size of Zilla's mouth and claws, and the size of the respective creatures, Zilla CAN hurt Clover. And unlike Clover, he has more ways and more effective ways to do so, even if he is smaller, he is much quicker and more agile, and will climb Clover like he did the Empire State(it was either that or the Chrysler), and rip his throat out.

ragesRemorse
you make it sound so easy, almost as if you're assuming that Cloverfield is a hollow paper cut-out. "Climb up clover like he was the chrysler building and rip his throat out" How about Cloverfield takes of Godzilla's head like the statue of liberty or wrecks his body like an insignificant building. Godzilla would also have to worry about all of the little creatures that come with cloverfield.

I agree, i think Godzilla was much larger than 200 feet but he or it was killed by an air strike.

First_Tsurugi06
but i thought he also said that the creature we saw at the very end, which looked like a different creature, was cloverfield.

Elaborate on that. The only creatures other than Clover shown were the parasites. Unless you're talking about the scene with the thing falling into the ocean, which was said to be something that crashed and had presumably awakened Clover. Either way, Clover IS dead. The confirmation was in a Rolling Stones magazine interview. Here's the page.

RS: "But based on photos on the website, it looks like the monster eventually gets killed by the army.

JJ: Yes, he's dead. Ultimately the bombs kill him."

As for the "photos" here is the one that RS was likely referring to.

In other words, the audio at he end has pretty much been omitted.

EDIT: BTW, it was the Chrysler building, Dark-Jaxx.

Dark-Jaxx
you make it sound so easy, almost as if you're assuming that Cloverfield is a hollow paper cut-out. "Climb up clover like he was the chrysler building and rip his throat out" How about Cloverfield takes of Godzilla's head like the statue of liberty or wrecks his body like an insignificant building. Godzilla would also have to worry about all of the little creatures that come with cloverfield.

I agree, i think Godzilla was much larger than 200 feet but he or it was killed by an air strike. Only Clover is factually much slower and less agile than Godzilla.

"Worry about the little creatures?"

Get the hell out, those things were overpowered and killed by a human with a bar, they would be like paramecia to Zillla.

Can you prove that Clover can output as much damage as an air-strike? And it was to his weak flesh point on the neck as well. When hit on the side by Sub torpedoes, it was not killed.

ragesRemorse
I don't think the little parasite things could kill American Zilla but if they were able to crawl and attach themselves onto Zilla i'm sure they could cause some significant damage. I think it would be very hard for Zilla to rid himself of those parasites before they are able to cause damage. He would have to jump into an ocean or roll around on the ground. His arms have no range of motion what so ever. I guess it doesn't matter what killed either because they were both, eventually killed by high powered munitions. Although, imo i feel that Cloverfield showed a much higher tolerance to explosives. I just feel that Cloverfield would rock Zilla because he his bigger, has better agility and also has parasite creatures.

Placidity
^ Don't think the little sh1ts would be able to pierce Zilla's tough hide.

Dark-Jaxx
I don't think the little parasite things could kill American Zilla but if they were able to crawl and attach themselves onto Zilla i'm sure they could cause some significant damage. I think it would be very hard for Zilla to rid himself of those parasites before they are able to cause damage. He would have to jump into an ocean or roll around on the ground. His arms have no range of motion what so ever. I guess it doesn't matter what killed either because they were both, eventually killed by high powered munitions. Although, imo i feel that Cloverfield showed a much higher tolerance to explosives. I just feel that Cloverfield would rock Zilla because he his bigger, has better agility and also has parasite creatures. Godzilla can take bullets. Care to prove that those parasites cause more damage than a bullet? Unlikely. Zilla wouldn't have to do shit to the Parasites that would do nothing to him.

I would say that Cloverfield had more endurance to explosives, yeah...But neither of them have any form of explosives...Well actually, at least Godzilla has a fire breath attack.

Clover is arguably bigger, but more agile? You're gonna have to provide some form of reasoning for that claim.

First_Tsurugi06
I just feel that Cloverfield would rock Zilla because he his bigger,

Not nearly by enough he's not.

I'm sorry but that is the biggest load of crap that's yet been contributed to this thread. No where in the movie did Clover move with visibly impressive agility, save for when it attacked a single chopper that was already too close to him in the first place. Zilla on the other hand (both the movie Zilla and the cartoon's Zilla jr.) has such feats up the ying, where it was able to run at high speeds and leap distances that not even Godzilla can do, and on at least one occasion I can recall has dodged missile fire. Compared To Zilla, Clover's movement is virtually crawling (which kind of fits given it's supposedley a baby/has the mentality of a baby).

Which are more than likely to be incinerated by Zilla's breath power; while not atomic breath like Godzilla(unless we're talking about the cartoon one, wjho has all of is father's and Godzilla's basic powers) it is shown visibly flammable (if counting Final Wars, then it's quite literally fire breath).

Looking beyond the settings of the topic, it really depends on which of the two/three Zillas Clover fights that determines the outcome. Clover is either defeated after a relatively brutal fight by the faster, more agile, physically more versatile Zilla of the 1998 movie, or Clover is soundly curbstomped by the faster, more agile, visibly more intelligent, more ferocious, and more durable Zilla of the cartoon who possesses the same versatility as his father as well as the destructive atomic/radioactive-based powers of his Japanese countrepart. Not to mention the latter Zilla had defeated a cybernetically resurrected 1998 movie Zilla.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.