Count Nefaria vs. WWH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
Because Bada had a great idea, we're going to do a nice variation on Supes vs. WWH.

But this time, we're going to use someone who I think has never met Hulk.

Count Neferia, fresh from escaping the Raft, is rebuilding a criminal empire in downtown manhatten.

Unfortunately, Hulk just destroyed his office building. And he already made a down-payment.

Furious, Neferia flies to the center of manhatten to challenge Hulk to a showdown in Central Park. Hulk, being a man of dubious, but legitimate honor, accepts the challenge.

Badabing
Good call. I'm anxious to see what everybody thinks.

Marvelknight
Good Idea. Hmm..... I'm going with CN.

Galan007
I'd take WWH, personally. durhuc

llagrok
WWH at the start of the crossover or after the death of rick?

cmack
wwh, i believe count nefaria has battled savage hulk before and it was a close fight, so a much stronger hulk should do him in easily

darthgoober
Nefaria is supposed to be able to control anyone who's powers come ionic energy and Hulk's fit that description so there's a chance he takes this fight with ease. I know Hulk's got some good showings against telepathy but this is something different so I'm not sure how he'd fair against it. Anyway between the potential inherent in that ability and Nefaria's ability to drain other people's ionic energy to increase his own strength I'd say he takes this pretty handily.

TricksterPriest
Hulk's power is gamma. Does that fall under the ionic spectrum?

Faceman
Lots of Hulk fan boys these days... stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by cmack
wwh, i believe count nefaria has battled savage hulk before and it was a close fight, so a much stronger hulk should do him in easily

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Faceman
Lots of Hulk fan boys these days... stick out tongue

Nah, they are just like flies that buzz around and won't go away.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hulk's power is gamma. Does that fall under the ionic spectrum?
Yep(in fact Hulk gets mentioned specifically)...
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4694/thunderbolts44p09dv9.jpg

llagrok
Hulk generates ridiculous amounts of Gamma, it powers Nefaria up.

Imagine facing a Nefaria powered up WWH. It would be much more worse than Hyperion powered up by Holocaust.

TricksterPriest
Crap. I didn't realize gamma acted as a battery for Nefaria. nosweat

cmack
so hulk loses, because of the plot device

llagrok
Originally posted by cmack
so hulk loses, because of the plot device

No.... that's not what a plot device is at all.

It's part of Count Nefaria's powers...

psycho gundam
just a quick question.

i remember the count died at one point because the treatment that granted his powers also accelerated his aging process severely weakening him. so wouldn't the massive amounts of gamma radiation the hulk gives off super-amp the cell devision process making his life even shorter?

oh yeah and does anyone know how he was resurrected?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by psycho gundam
just a quick question.

i remember the count died at one point because the treatment that granted his powers also accelerated his aging process severely weakening him. so wouldn't the massive amounts of gamma radiation the hulk gives off super-amp the cell devision process making his life even shorter?

oh yeah and does anyone know how he was resurrected?

The guy who said that Nefaria was going to age prematurely was lying. Nefaria seemed to die, but it was his changing to an ionic life form.

I apologize for making an unintentional spite thread. But it seems Neferia is designed to beat Hulk. erm

Scoobless
Hold on, what is everyone basing "Count Nefaria absorbs gamma radiation" on?

no expression

darthgoober
Originally posted by Scoobless
Hold on, what is everyone basing "Count Nefaria absorbs gamma radiation" on?

no expression
Because the Count can drain ionic beings of their energy and this scan...

...shows that Gamma falls under the ionic spectrum.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by llagrok
Hulk generates ridiculous amounts of Gamma, it powers Nefaria up.

Imagine facing a Nefaria powered up WWH. It would be much more worse than Hyperion powered up by Holocaust.

That would be awesome.

Scoobless
Originally posted by darthgoober
Because the Count can drain ionic beings of their energy and this scan...

...shows that Gamma falls under the ionic spectrum.

No, that scan states clearly that ionic energy "is as present in the atmosphere as gamma radiation"

It never states that they are the same thing and it has never been shown, stated or even hinted at, that Nefaria could absorb anything other than ionic energy.

Unless you misread "is as present" to say "is present as" I don't know where you're getting this from.

tjcoady
No, that scan states clearly that ionic energy "is as present in the atmosphere as gamma radiation"

It never states that they are the same thing and it has never been shown, stated or even hinted at, that Nefaria could absorb anything other than ionic energy.

Unless you misread "is as present" to say "is present as" I don't know where you're getting this from.

I agree. It doesn't explicitly state that gamma radiation is something Nefaria can feed off of. Merely that gamma radiation appears similar according to the technology they're using.

Scoobless
Originally posted by tjcoady
I agree. It doesn't explicitly state that gamma radiation is something Nefaria can feed off of. Merely that gamma radiation appears similar according to the technology they're using.

Not even that, it only says it's as abundant as gamma radiation, nothing about similarities other than how common they both are.

Phantom Zone
Not even that, it only says it's as abundant as gamma radiation, nothing about similarities other than how common they both are.

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.