Pyro and Iceman vs Subzero and Scorpion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Fire and Ice. What a matchup.

Pyro and Iceman break off from fighting as they both avoid a ball of ice and a belch of flame.

They look at their attackers. Two ninjas, both dressed alike, save that one was wearing a yellow over-mantle while the other's was blue.

Subzero squares off against Pyro while Scorpion fights Iceman.

Both ninjas are in their MK1 movie versions.

Blax_Hydralisk
Snafu, please. For the love of god, go clear up the mess in the Raiden vs. Sideous thread.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Fire and Ice. What a matchup.

Pyro and Iceman break off from fighting as they both avoid a ball of ice and a belch of flame.

They look at their attackers. Two ninjas, both dressed alike, save that one was wearing a yellow over-mantle while the other's was blue.

Subzero squares off against Pyro while Scorpion fights Iceman.

Both ninjas are in their MK1 movie versions.

the xmen kill them horribly.

for starters it takes subzero a considerable amount of time to gather the energy to shoot liquid nitrogen, but as we see in the movie xmen 3 which is what youre using.

ice man gathers ice instantly and can tun himself into a complete man of ice at which point subzero's powers have no effect because he is already frozen , and with his hardened skin he knocks subzero down.

to visit the pyro fight he can encase scorpion in fire untill his suit melts then burn him. and since pyro manipulates fire, pyro can manipulate any attacks scorpion uses that are fire based.

a real 1 sided fight

Impediment
Two super powered mutants against two mortal ninjas.

Snafu................are you even trying anymore?

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Impediment

I am hung over for the moment. Give me a while.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Man of Christ
the xmen kill them horribly.

for starters it takes subzero a considerable amount of time to gather the energy to shoot liquid nitrogen, but as we see in the movie xmen 3 which is what youre using.

ice man gathers ice instantly and can tun himself into a complete man of ice at which point subzero's powers have no effect because he is already frozen , and with his hardened skin he knocks subzero down.

to visit the pyro fight he can encase scorpion in fire untill his suit melts then burn him. and since pyro manipulates fire, pyro can manipulate any attacks scorpion uses that are fire based.

a real 1 sided fight thumb up

Placidity
Not that one sided I would think.

If you pair up Sub-Zero vs Iceman, Iceman would win.
Sub-zero from MK1 was pretty piss weak. If it was sub-zero from the games, then Iceman would get slaughtered. Then again, one could argue that Iceman from comics would in turn beat SZ. So lets just give this one to Iceman.

The fight wouldn't be a stomp by any means though, I don't think Iceman would be able to encase SZ in ice if he was constantly moving. If Iceman couldn't freeze him by the time SZ got close to him, it would be over for Iceman. However, Iceman does "ice-up" at the end of X3, so I guess his powers would have been boosted by alot after that.

With Pyro vs Scorpion, Pyro dies the moment the fight starts, because he gets impaled by Scorpion's spear. Please don't argue that Pyro can dodge it since neither Pyro or Iceman have any fighting skills.

Aside from that, Scorpion isn't a mortal, to whoever said that. Clearly you don't know MK that well, so please don't imply a stomp. Scorpion isn't even a human. Scorpion doesn't stay "dead" when he gets "killed". Also, he's human appearance is just an illusion. Do you really think fire attacks are going to hurt someone who has a flaming skull who breaths fire?

@ Man of Christ - Where did you gather the information that Subzero "shoots liquid nitrogen" ???

I highly suspect you made that up.

Overall I would give this to the MK team. Scorpion takes out Pyro, then helps Sub-zero.

Rogue Jedi
good point. I see Iceman pwning Subzero, then killing Scorpion after Scorpion kills Pyro.

Placidity
^ Hmm, maybe. The problem is I'm not sure how powerful an iced-up Iceman is at the end of X3. Could go either way, but probably leaning towards Iceman. Thats if Iceman takes SZ down permanently.

Rogue Jedi
Thats what I was thinking. If Iceman is Iced up, as you say, completely Ice, will Sub Zeros powers have any effect?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment

Is Scorpion Mortal?

Anyways, I think Sub Zero and Scorpion do have a chance. Especially against Pyro.

Rogue Jedi
I dont believe Scorpion is mortal, not sure what he is. I'll research it.

Rogue Jedi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpion_(Mortal_Kombat)

Formerly a human ninja and member of the Japanese ninja clan Shirai Ryu, Scorpion is now a black and yellow garbed, hell-spawned revenant, inexorably seeking vengeance against those responsible for the destruction of his clan and the death of his family. Despite the fact that Scorpion has previously allied himself with the forces of evil (when promised either a means of resurrection on Earth or the chance to inflict his wrath against those who butchered his clan), he is not inherently evil.

Scorpion was once manipulated by Quan Chi, who promised him life in exchange for his impressive combat abilities in order to defeat Sub-Zero. Despite such actions, Scorpion is not entirely merciless, as he once spared the life of Sub-Zero's younger brother. As Scorpion is a spectre, sorcery and supernatural anomalies have previously proven slightly more successful in vanquishing Scorpion in combat. Despite this, none have ever succeeded in destroying him in an absolute sense. When masked, Scorpion appears human, although this is merely an illusion. When revealing his true self, only Scorpion's skull remains, which sometimes appears on fire.

Although Scorpion is featured alongside the forces of evil in the opening scene of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, he remains neutral, due to his fierce hatred of Quan Chi.

Cool stuff. cool

Placidity
Also, in the Game, Scorpion is able to use Hellfire. Something Pyro cannot control and I'm not sure if it is countered by low temps.

Rogue Jedi
I am willing to bet Iceman can control it.

Man of Christ
None of the game feats for scorpion are being considered in this fight as this is in the MOVIE VS FORUM hence we use the feats he showed in the MK! MOVIE which are not that impressive.

Pyro still trumps

Rogue Jedi
Bullpoop. laughing out loud I dont know why but I lol'd.

Anyhoo, Scorpion has awesome hand to hand skills as well as the ability to produce fire, so I say he is the last man standing.

Man of Christ
O? then why did johnny cage win?

Raoul
O? then why did johnny cage win?

cos johnny cage is a badass.

Rogue Jedi
O? then why did johnny cage win? Because he is a martial arts master AND he was lucky enough to find a chink in Scorpions armor. Pure luck.

Dark-Jaxx
H2H, the ninjas obviously b!tch the mutants, so Iceman can't just "knock him out", Pyron dies instantly, then Iceman shortly after.

Rogue Jedi
Iceman can probabaly take Sub zero, but I cant see Pyro or Iceman taking Scorpion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.