shatterstar vs. silver samurai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

george '06
who takes it?

psycho gundam
well, if you use logan as a go between to gauge their fighting abilities, kunoichio decapitates shatterstar.

guy222
shatterstar

Bouboumaster

Eternal Idol
On paper, Shatterstar should beat the Silver Samurai more often than not. Judging by feats, however, is quite the opposite.

Silver Samurai majority.

StiltmanFTW
Shatterstar wins, current SS is a cripple.

Wild Shadow
shatterstar seems to better swordman from comic feat battles with logan.. shatterstar has bn dismantled in seconds by wolverine..

SS ftw for me 7/10

cloud102
Shatterstar wins. Classic version.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine has effortlessly punked Shatterstar three times, even without his arm Silver Samurai takes the majority.

starlock
Shatterstar for the win

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine has effortlessly punked Shatterstar three times, even without his arm Silver Samurai takes the majority.

You're sure? I think the mutilation had very negative effect on his mental state, didn't it?

Shatterstar looks up to Wolverine, that could be the reason why he fails so badly in their fights.

cloud102
Shatterstar was hot in the beginning, but flattened as time went on. I definitely see him winning, if he's on his game.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're sure? I think the mutilation had very negative effect on his mental state, didn't it?

Shatterstar looks up to Wolverine, that could be the reason why he fails so badly in their fights.

Shatterstar is a mook, the dude had trouble with three ninjas who he knew weren't part of the hand because they weren't skilled enough. He has trouble with Wolverine because he is a c-stringer.

Starscream M
Shatterstar is a mook, the dude had trouble with three ninjas who he knew weren't part of the hand because they weren't skilled enough. He has trouble with Wolverine because he is a c-stringer. why does it not surprise me that you brought up Wolverine in a thread that does not involve the runt at all? roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyways, Samurai is not exactly an A-lister himself...he'll feel right at home fighting shatterstar and prob will lose.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Starscream M
why does it not surprise me that you brought up Wolverine in a thread that does not involve the runt at all? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silver Samurai is Wolverine's villain, so bringing him up is rather necessary.

srankmissingnin
why does it not surprise me that you brought up Wolverine in a thread that does not involve the runt at all? roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyways, Samurai is not exactly an A-lister himself...he'll feel right at home fighting shatterstar and prob will lose.

You wear velcro shoes don't you?

Starscream M
You wear velcro shoes don't you? this coming from a guy who claims an armless Silver Samurai would beat Shatterstar...how ridiculous mad

srankmissingnin
this coming from a guy who claims an armless Silver Samurai would beat Shatterstar...how ridiculous mad

Anyone with a lick of sense could tell you that Silver Samurai would walk all over Shatterstar.

Starscream M
Anyone with a lick of sense could tell you that Silver Samurai would walk all over Shatterstar. based on what? the fact that Silver Samurai gets shatted on by Logan all the time? roll eyes (sarcastic)

cloud102
Silver Samurai is lame. Got his ass punked by black widow. Eat it.

srankmissingnin
based on what? the fact that Silver Samurai gets shatted on by Logan all the time? roll eyes (sarcastic)

confused

Compared to how Shatterstar fairs against Wolverine, Silver Samurai is practically Superman.

StiltmanFTW
based on what? the fact that Silver Samurai gets shatted on by Logan all the time? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Unlike Shatterstar, Harada's always dealt out his share of punishment. And we don't know whether or not Shatterstar retained his mutant abilities.

Starscream M
Anyone with a lick of sense could tell you that Silver Samurai would walk all over Shatterstar. check the poll...shatterstar is owning silver samurai (whose 2 votes are prob both by you)

Starscream M
Unlike Shatterstar, Harada's always dealt out his share of punishment. And we don't know whether or not Shatterstar retained his mutant abilities. I'm pretty sure the thread maker intended for shatterstar to have his mutant abilities

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cloud102
Silver Samurai is lame. Got his ass punked by black widow. Eat it.

You mean after he stomped Spider-man into the ground, got hit by a car, took a widow bit to the face and then fought Spider-man and Black Widow at the same time?

If you are going to try to make Silver Samurai look bad... you should maybe use an example that... I don't know... makes him look bad?

srankmissingnin
check the poll...shatterstar is owning silver samurai (whose 2 votes are prob both by you)

I actually voted for Shatterstar by mistake, I'm his seventh vote. embarrasment

Starscream M
I actually voted for Shatterstar by mistake, I'm his seventh vote. embarrasment lol that might've been a freudian slip

StiltmanFTW
I'm pretty sure the thread maker intended for shatterstar to have his mutant abilities

We're supposed to use current versions unless OP decided otherwise.

Also, I'm pretty sure OP intended for Harada to not be crippled erm

Starscream M

Also, I'm pretty sure OP intended for Harada to not be crippled erm of course he's not crippled for this match

StiltmanFTW
of course he's not crippled for this match

You're the thread starter? http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon4.gif

If Shatterstar had all of his powers for this match, it would only be fair for Samurai to use teleportation ring.

srankmissingnin
You're the thread starter? http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon4.gif

If Shatterstar had all of his powers for this match, it would only be fair for Samurai to use teleportation ring.

His erengy blasts won't make much of a difference, reguardless of the teleportation ring.

cloud102
Everyone falls before Wolverine. That's hardly an argument.

srankmissingnin
Everyone falls before Wolverine. That's hardly an argument.

Most of them put up a fight. Shatterstar? He just gets folded up like a lawn chair.

srankmissingnin
Deadpool punked Shatterstar in like two moves also.

cloud102
Well, if SS had his own book, then maybe he'd put up a scrap.

On the otherhand, you see Wolverine punk people like Vision, New Warriors, Ms, Marvel, various X-Men members and they fold like a lawn chair, too.

srankmissingnin
Two of the three times Wolverine beat Shatterstar were in X-Force (about as close to Shatterstar book as you can get) and they were both writen by Fabian Nicieza... the guy who created Shatterstar.

srankmissingnin
Silver Samurai has held his own against Wolverine on a few occasions, he's worked over Spider-man, he's beat a class 70 robot programmed with every known fighting style on earth effortlessly, and he held his own against a dragon until Alpha Flight showed up. Silver Samura would beat Shatterstar down hard and fast.

Starscream M
Silver Samurai has held his own against Wolverine on a few occasions, he's worked over Spider-man, he's beat a class 70 robot programmed with every known fighting style on earth effortlessly, and he held his own against a dragon until Alpha Flight showed up. Silver Samura would beat Shatterstar down hard and fast. well, just know that you're in the minority in holding that belief

srankmissingnin
well, just know that you're in the minority in holding that belief

According to the poll. According to the posts in the thread Silver Samurai has more votes.

And you and cloud are both clueless so two of Shatterstars votes mean less than nothing. wink

StiltmanFTW
Silver Samurai has held his own against Wolverine on a few occasions, he's worked over Spider-man, he's beat a class 70 robot programmed with every known fighting style on earth effortlessly, and he held his own against a dragon until Alpha Flight showed up. Silver Samura would beat Shatterstar down hard and fast.

Your arguments are strong, now I regret voting for Shatterstar.

well, just know that you're in the minority in holding that belief

The pool results could be different if OP specified what versions we should use.

cloud102
Hmmm, I was unaware that SS defeated Spider-Man. Do you have scans?

I might have to give Silver another win or 2.

Bentley
SS for the stomp, Shatterstar had trouble with a version of Spiral that didn't use magic.

srankmissingnin
Seriously though Shatterstar as been pretty much beat down effortlessly by Wolverine (several times), Deadpool, Cable... and even an severily injured Domino.

Reguardless of any of my posts... what made you guys think he had a chance in hell of beating Silver Samurai? Pretty much the only thing Shatterstar is good at is not winning fights.

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_MarvelTeam-Up057-04.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_MarvelTeam-Up057-05.jpg

cloud102
Spidey has had a lot of problems with street levelers, so SS isn't anything new. Though, i'd like to see the pics.

Starscream M
Seriously though Shatterstar as been pretty much beat down effortlessly by Wolverine (several times), Deadpool, Cable... and even an severily injured Domino.
so? any of those guys could easily beat Silver Sam as well.

cloud102
thanks.

srankmissingnin
Spidey has had a lot of problems with street levelers, so SS isn't anything new. Though, i'd like to see the pics.

Above this post.

cloud102
I don't get it. For someone as quick, agile as Spidey, he sure as hell has problems with people below him. Iron Fist, Nightcrawler, Daredevil, and Silver Samurai. Sheesh!

StiltmanFTW
Reguardless of any of my posts... what made you guys think he had a chance in hell of beating Silver Samurai? Pretty much the only thing Shatterstar is good at is not winning fights.

You know, he has a decent powerset... embarrasment

And he successfully stabbed Juggernaut in the eyes.

snoopdogg
Shatterstar.

Magneto1982
Silver Samurai wins this one.

Mindset
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_MarvelTeam-Up057-04.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_MarvelTeam-Up057-05.jpg Jobbing.

Magneto1982
Originally posted by Mindset
Jobbing.

I think it's ironic that Silver Samurai is able to defeat Spider-Man, yet various Marvel websites claim that Silver Samurai's martial skills do not rival those of Shang-Chi and Iron Fist. When Spider-Man fought Shang-Chi, it was a stalemate. Perhaps, Silver Samurai was having a lucky day in the issue he fought Spider-Man or he's better in combat than Marvel gives him credit?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Magneto1982
I think it's ironic that Silver Samurai is able to defeat Spider-Man, yet various Marvel websites claim that Silver Samurai's martial skills do not rival those of Shang-Chi and Iron Fist. When Spider-Man fought Shang-Chi, it was a stalemate. Perhaps, Silver Samurai was having a lucky day in the issue he fought Spider-Man or he's better in combat than Marvel gives him credit?
Better. He done that twice to spiderman and fought spiderman and shang-chi at the same time. He a tough dude. He also has meta human level reflexes to the point of being able to delfect individual bullets fired at him.

Battlehammer
check the poll...shatterstar is owning silver samurai (whose 2 votes are prob both by you)
yea the nazi party rightbefore/during WW2 had largest number of supporters in Germany then any other party............great logic champ.

Mindset
Did they?

Battlehammer
Did they?
Yes they did would you like the the rough percentage?

Mindset
No, I'd like the exact percentage.

Battlehammer
No, I'd like the exact percentage.
well that be pritty hard since there are conflicting sources on the matter. I can give you the number I have seen most frequently in my studies which is pretty extensive.

Magneto1982
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Better. He done that twice to spiderman and fought spiderman and shang-chi at the same time. He a tough dude. He also has meta human level reflexes to the point of being able to delfect individual bullets fired at him.

Interesting......Marvel clearly underestimates its own character.

KingD19
Shatterstar, he just handed Thing his own ass, which was pretty sweet.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19

Ben was still conscious at the end, though. He wouldn't be that lucky if he fought Samurai instead of Shatterstar stick out tongue

Starscream M
Ben was still conscious at the end, though. He wouldn't be that lucky if he fought Samurai instead of Shatterstar stick out tongue ben would send Sam into a one way flight to the Hudson

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by KingD19
Does anyone have any scans of this?

Anyhow, Silver Samurai ftw.

redhotrash
Unfortunately Spider-Man is jobbed to get a lot of the newer guys over. Its a shame that its always him, but ah well. Regardless, Samurai does have much better showings. I'd say SS wins at least 7/10 if not more.

StiltmanFTW
ben would send Sam into a one way flight to the Hudson

Like he did to Shatterstar, huh?

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Does anyone have any scans of this?

Anyhow, Silver Samurai ftw.

I think it's somewhere in the ownage thread.

Starscream M
Like he did to Shatterstar, huh?

what issue is this shatterstar ben fight in?

also, sam isn't shatterstar. shatterstar is much more mobile and agile.

StiltmanFTW
what issue is this shatterstar ben fight in?

Found it.

Originally posted by ankur29

X-factor #200

shatterstar vs thing:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Factor_200_027.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Factor_200_032.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Factor_200_033.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Factor_200_034.jpg http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_X-Factor_200_035.jpg

also, sam isn't shatterstar. shatterstar is much more mobile and agile.

Can you prove that? I don't think you can.

Starscream M
Found it.

Can you prove that? I don't think you can. if you have read both characters, you wouldn't need me to prove it.

Shatterstar is always doing flips in midair and whatnot....I've never seen Samurai do it.

Also, did shatterstar get a strength upgrade or something...don't remember him being THAT strong.

redhotrash
I'll agree that statterstar is likely more agile. If I remember right, his bones are hollow similiar to Longshot. However Im still thinking SS is more skilled and stronger.

Starscream M
Originally posted by redhotrash
I'll agree that statterstar is likely more agile. If I remember right, his bones are hollow similiar to Longshot. However Im still thinking SS is more skilled and stronger. I doubt samurai is stronger.

look at how easily Shatterstar handled that barbell...he was using it like it was a 5 pound sword.

It would take a 30 - 50 tonner to do that.

StiltmanFTW
if you have read both characters, you wouldn't need me to prove it.

Shatterstar is always doing flips in midair and whatnot....I've never seen Samurai do it.

Also, did shatterstar get a strength upgrade or something...don't remember him being THAT strong.

Pure gold coming from you.

Well, that's because you're blind... Samurai doing a backflip... fast enough to dodge Logan's kick.

Now that's a good question actually.

redhotrash
Are you suggesting shatterstar is a 30 tonner?

Starscream M

Well, that's because you're blind... Samurai doing a backflip... fast enough to dodge Logan's kick.

one flip. whoopity doo. He's still nowhere near as agile as Shatterstar.

Starscream M
Are you suggesting shatterstar is a 30 tonner? I'm suggesting that to do what he did with that weight, he has to have AT LEAST 30 tonner strength, if not more.

I can't see Spiderman or even Venom playing with that barbell with THAT much ease.

redhotrash
He wasnt kicked backwards, it says right on panel that hes dodging...

StiltmanFTW
um...that's not a backflip. He got kicked backwards by logan.

Good God.

No, he didn't. Read what was stated on panel.

Starscream M
He wasnt kicked backwards, it says right on panel that hes dodging... I edited.

Starscream M
Good God.

No, he didn't. Read what was stated on panel. yeah yeah...I was mistaken.

Still doesn't prove Sam is as agile as shatterstar.

I think you know it too. You're just giving me a hard time cuz you know I can't dig up scans.

snoopdogg
Didn't Logan tool Silver Samurai recently?

StiltmanFTW
yeah yeah...I was mistaken.

Still doesn't prove Sam is as agile as shatterstar.

I think you know it too. You're just giving me a hard time cuz you know I can't dig up scans.

laughing out loud

Anyway, Shatterstar may be more agile, but who's harder to hit?

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Didn't Logan tool Silver Samurai recently?

Not sure which recent fight you're talking about... but I'm pretty sure SS still did better than Shatterstar.

snoopdogg
In Origins #42.

redhotrash
Shatterstar has been wrecked enough times by Wolverine that he refers to him as "Lord"

Starscream M
Shatterstar has been wrecked enough times by Wolverine that he refers to him as "Lord" lol...seriously?

StiltmanFTW
In Origins #42.

Logan did really good, but Samurai wasn't beaten. Shatterstar got owned worse in a very similar fight.

StiltmanFTW
lol...seriously?

shifty

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9505/firstshatterstar3rl4.jpg

snoopdogg
Logan did really good, but Samurai wasn't beaten. Shatterstar got owned worse in a very similar fight. Wasn't Logan holding back though?

StiltmanFTW
Wasn't Logan holding back though?

He was. Just like in Shatterstar fight.

snoopdogg
He was. Just like in Shatterstar fight. Not sure I saw the Shatterstar fight but the story made it very clear that Logan was holding back againt SS. And no I'm not basing that off him sheathing his claws.

Starscream M
shifty

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9505/firstshatterstar3rl4.jpg thanks. you're amazing with pulling up scans eek!

Starscream M
He was. Just like in Shatterstar fight. when was the last time shatterstar fought wolverine?

cuz shatterstar looks like he got a MAJOR strength upgrade.

snoopdogg
when was the last time shatterstar fought wolverine?

cuz shatterstar looks like he got a MAJOR strength upgrade. Yea, being able to swing a huge barbell like that around and on top of that stopping Thing's downward swing is pretty f*cking aweseome if you ask me.

StiltmanFTW
Not sure I saw the Shatterstar fight but the story made it very clear that Logan was holding back againt SS. And no I'm not basing that off him sheathing his claws.

Yes, I know... I read that, posted scans in his thread, stated that, admitted it here... you don't have to convince me, really big grin

Wolverine vs. Shatterstar (from Wolvie's thread)

1. http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/2495/g6hm7.jpg
2. http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8572/g8zs9.jpg
3. http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3930/g9un5.jpg
4. http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9652/g10bc2.jpg

thanks. you're amazing with pulling up scans eek!

Thanks, but credit goes to jinzin for that one.

when was the last time shatterstar fought wolverine?

cuz shatterstar looks like he got a MAJOR strength upgrade.

Dunno when that issue was released.

We're not using current Shatterstar in this thread, aren't we?

StiltmanFTW
Yea, being able to swing a huge barbell like that around and on top of that stopping Thing's downward swing is pretty f*cking aweseome if you ask me.

Especially stopping that swing.

juggernaut74
Shatterstar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.