The Thing gets a Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Usual Gauntlet style, New York street battlefield.
No prep for anyone, standard equipment only.
Back to fresh levels after each match.

1. Captain America
2. Deadpool
3. Luke Cage
4. Spider-Man
5. Electro
6. Hank Pym
7. Rhino
8. Mimic (Exiles, Pre-Proteus level)
9. Wonder Man
10. Rest of the F4

Wins out of 10 for each match.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah I rate Deadpool as tougher than Cap .... sue me.

stick out tongue

Knowsbleed33
First to KO? He'd probably get stopped at #9. If it's first to the death he stops at 2.

Scoobless
KO or some other form of incapacitation (death works too) ... although I do think he could kill Deadpool if he really wanted to.

Knowsbleed33
Did Death lift her curse on Deadpool?

Scoobless
It hasn't been mentioned in years, but since she moved in with Thanos I doubt she's still hung up on him.

carver9
He stops at 8, you do know that mimic moves at 93000 mps and is basically a 50 tonner blessed with all other abilities.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by carver9
He stops at 8, you do know that mimic moves at 93000 mps and is basically a 50 tonner blessed with all other abilities.

cosigned.

adding here that Namor was sort of pwning him though, but I always said that was PIS since Mimic was holding back like crazy.

EDIT: also, I'm pretty sure he knows...check his avatar wink

Phantom Zone

50? Not 37 tons? shifty

carver9
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
50? Not 37 tons? shifty

Im pretty sure its 50, it might be more then that since he was appearing on par with namor who was stated in the comic to have the strength of hulk and thor.

Starscream M
gets up to #8 at least

Phantom Zone
Im pretty sure its 50, it might be more then that since he was appearing on par with namor who was stated in the comic to have the strength of hulk and thor.

Yeah but from what I can remember Namor was kicking his ass and I think he had to use tactics to help him win.

Im just saying 34 because Collosus used to be registered as a 75toner but that was the 80s. Im just kidding really.

carver9
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yeah but from what I can remember Namor was kicking his ass and I think he had to use tactics to help him win.

Im just saying 34 because Collosus used to be registered as a 75toner but that was the 80s. Im just kidding really.

I can tell that you were playing because you had the smiley face after your post.

juggernaut74
8. Stops at 9 for sure.

Premutos
Stops at 5 if PIS is off.

At 4 if it isn't.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by juggernaut74
8. Stops at 9 for sure.

He gets through #9 and stops at #10. Ben has beaten Wonder Man before and he'd do it again.

Equal strength, much more fighting skills/experience and of course HEART.

The rest of his team against him is too much though if PIS is off.

Galan007
Originally posted by Scoobless
although I do think he could kill Deadpool if he really wanted to. huh

redhotrash
I could see Electro or Spidey taking him.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Galan007
huh

Just rip his head off and not reattach it or something.

tkitna
Originally posted by The Illuminati
He gets through #9 and stops at #10. Ben has beaten Wonder Man before and he'd do it again.

Equal strength, much more fighting skills/experience and of course HEART.

Since when is the Thing equal in strength to Wonderman?

Without PIS, Wonderman would destroy him.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by tkitna
Since when is the Thing equal in strength to Wonderman?

Without PIS, Wonderman would destroy him.

What are Wonder Man's biggest strength feats?

From what I can remember there isn't anything that he's done that Ben hasn't had a higher feat than. They are both Mid CL100 characters.

Again WM has nowhere near the Fighting Skills that Ben has, nor the Endurance/Durability that he does. And HEART...Pff... Forgettaboutit.

tkitna
What are Wonder Man's biggest strength feats?

From what I can remember there isn't anything that he's done that Ben hasn't had a higher feat than. They are both Mid CL100 characters.

Again WM has nowhere near the Fighting Skills that Ben has, nor the Endurance/Durability that he does. And HEART...Pff... Forgettaboutit.

Biggest strength feats,,,not sure, but one that comes to mind is Simon wrapping the Thing in a barbell that the Thing himself could barely lift. Yes, the difference is that much. I love Ben, but he's outclassed to a nonjobbing Wonderman.

tkitna
No, Simon didnt do the bending, my bad. I had to go find this in the respect page, but I think this explains how much more powerful Simon is then Benjy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/wondythingstrength1cr.jpg

Really, if theres any questions to this, Wondermans respect page should make it pretty cut and dry.

Grinning Goku
Wow.

golem370
Here a strength feat of Things.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/Thingandoilrig.jpg

Faceman
No, Simon didnt do the bending, my bad. I had to go find this in the respect page, but I think this explains how much more powerful Simon is then Benjy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/wondythingstrength1cr.jpg

Really, if theres any questions to this, Wondermans respect page should make it pretty cut and dry.

That is a good strength feat for Wonder Man, but if I remember correctly they fought to a draw in that particular battle.

mrbigguy
Sorry but that was total crap with Wondermans dumbell... Earlier in that comic it says the barbell weighes TWO TONS, just TWO TONS... Ben should have been able to lift it no problem. I have found Ben is written very weak in the Marvel two in one series.

Eternal Idol
Thing could clear up to 9 on a good day.

Taking on the remaining members of the Fantastic Four? He'd be tough to put down, but I think their versatility will give them a majority over Ben.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by mrbigguy
Sorry but that was total crap with Wondermans dumbell... Earlier in that comic it says the barbell weighes TWO TONS, just TWO TONS... Ben should have been able to lift it no problem. I have found Ben is written very weak in the Marvel two in one series.

It was total crap. I was thinking it said 5 tons but, either way it's as before mentioned TOTAL CRAP.

Ben has knocked Wonder Man the F-out. Simon can't say the same.

tkitna
It was total crap. I was thinking it said 5 tons but, either way it's as before mentioned TOTAL CRAP.

Ben has knocked Wonder Man the F-out. Simon can't say the same.

When did Ben knock out Wonderman? I'm not saying he didnt, i'd just like to see it.

The oil rig is a nice feat. Wonder what it weighed? Here's Simon holding up 50,000 tons. Dont think Ben could do this.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9323/avengers192075xt.jpg

Also Wonderman has been knocked through a planet before by Hyperion. I dont think Ben could have stood that either. Wondermans punches have been compared to Thors hammer before. He's also been slated as being the strongest Avenger ever after Thor and Herc.

I love Ben as I said before. I just dont think he has enough for Simon.

golem370
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/ThingandWonderman.jpg

tkitna
Originally posted by golem370
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/ThingandWonderman.jpg

Ok, i'll give you that Ben can knock out a mind controlled Simon. Lets see what happens when he fights under his own conscious and he's blood lusted.

golem370
I am by no means saying who wins but Thing did beat a guy beat Mister Fantastic Human Torch Invisible Woman and She Hulk one after the other including able to withstand a nova-blasts

Scoobless
Also gotta remember that purple Wonder Man is tougher than classic Wonder Man (and can fly under his own power)

The Illuminati
Originally posted by golem370
Here a strength feat of Things.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/Thingandoilrig.jpg

It's hard to get an accurate weight of this oil rig, I've looked for some basic oil rig info and there isn't much for avg. weights.

http://www.planete-energies.com/content/features/oil-rig/figures.html

But there is this one being described to be built in 1986. which weighs 43,000 tonnes which equals = 47,399 tons. So there's a grain of salt.

And at one point it looks as if Ben was even holding up the structure with one arm.

~The Wickerman~
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9323/avengers192075xt.jpg

Look at that last panel bottom right and ignore the rest of the page. shifty

The Illuminati
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Look at that last panel bottom right and ignore the rest of the page. shifty

Funny it looks like Wonder Man and not Ult Colossus to me. confused

tkitna
Funny it looks like Wonder Man and not Ult Colossus to me. confused

Yeah, i'm not sure what he's getting at either.

(Nevermind, I forgot about Ultimate Colossus' sexual preference. Whatever.)

K-Dog
That one of him knocking out a mind-controlled Wonder Man...he also took out She-Hulk in the same comic under the same conditions. Man I love it when my comic collection from the mid 1980's comes up!! Happy Dance

tkitna
Originally posted by K-Dog
That one of him knocking out a mind-controlled Wonder Man...he also took out She-Hulk in the same comic under the same conditions. Man I love it when my comic collection from the mid 1980's comes up!! Happy Dance

Dont forget Spiderman too. Oh that crafty Puppetmaster.

Scoobless
old thread bumpage powers, activate.

Mshinu
Stops at 9 if he gets past 8. Ben is good but not that good.

nwg202
stops at 8 for sure. Not sure about electro. How is thing's resistance to lighting or electricty based attacks?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Yeah I rate Deadpool as tougher than Cap .... sue me.

stick out tongue

Well, he was owning Steve pretty hard sans shield in that Team Up Issue. cool

stick out tongue

But yeah, Ben doesn't likely get past 8, stops hard at 9.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.