Preacher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Couldn't find a thread on Preacher (released in the 90s by Vertigo).

I recently decided to start the series due to mainly to it's reputation of being a kickass series. Just finished volume 4 of the trade paperbacks (out of 9). Anywho, any fans of the series out there? If so, feel free to discuss anything pertaining to Preacher in this thread.

Endless Mike
It's a great series, there are a few spinoff series as well, they're also pretty good. Jesse Custer is an awesome main character

detartrated
Yeah, Preacher's one of those B&W comics that has caught my interest about a month ago. Just finished vol.1 The storyline is certainly interesting...
Although, I haven't really picked up on it since I got hooked on another B&W series - Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead, w/c I feel has better cliff-hanger endings.

Garth Ennis writing is certainly "cussing-edge" wink

chithappens
Awesome series! Everyone should read this!

Seriously.

Nataku8188
One of the best comics of all time.

chithappens
Has no one read this?

It really does deserve some sort of discussion. It is a classic worthy of super duper praise

tjcoady
What exactly are we supposed to discuss?

It's awesome. Every issue is good. Every character is well defined and interesting.

It's kinda difficult to discuss something when everyone just agrees it's one of the best comic series released in the nineties (and perhaps, ever).

chithappens
Well I don't know how to use the spoiler tags but I'll just say the ending kinda made me go.... so then what happened?!?!?!?

My biggest WTF moment had to be with the meat man. laughing out loud

There's so much to possibly discuss. The social commentary was incredibly well done. My favorite scene is when Jesse calls the radio station after the big desert fight. The sexist guy is debating with the feminist and Jesse forces them to say what they both want and they both say they wanted dick. smile Good shit.

llagrok
Just started reading it, great series.

SnakeEyes
Just finished volume 5 (of 9 for those who don't know). I'm still loving this series, can't wait to get the next volume/read it. I'm getting iffy about Cassidy though, the story's making me believe he's not such a great guy.

Bardock42
Best Vampire ever.

GGS
Brilliant series one my favourites except you saw the ending coming miles away it was so predictable.

I hope they don't do the movie off it and ruin it.

Kris Blaze
I wish I knew Jesse's dad.

Looks like a downright decent fellah.

the ninjak
Quite simply one of the best pieces of literature ever unleashed onto the human race.

Jesse and Cassidy are two of the coolest characters ever.

Impediment
Tyler Mane needs to be the Saint of Killer sin the live action AMC series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.