The Ultimate Doom Role Play thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedireaper
Following the outbreak of a mutagen that wiped out entire colony's on Mars, Earth's comunications started recieving unsettling messages of screams and calls for help. A Rapid Reaction Tactical Hazard force was sent in to clear up the problem. Since the sucess of their mission, commnications between the scientific colony outposts on Mars and Earth remained silent for nearly twenty years, Earthicans thinking the problem gone... and fogotten.

But now, after so long, Earth recieves a startling transmission from Mars that there are survivors that have time-travelled through the ARK molleculer destabilizer and are calling for help.

But the time fracture has caused beings from the past even more deadlier and nightmarish than before to be transported to the colony's of Mars bring ships and weapons from a time long ago.

Earth's military leaders convene to decide on a course of action that will spell certain DOOM for the planet. Ignorance is bliss.

Three years later Earth forces pick-up a single Earth battle cruiser sending out an SOS in orbit above our planet and the government reopens the possibility of the DOOM.

It is eventually decided to send a Hazard team to investigate the darelict ship.

That where we come in: As a member of several elite Hazard units, we will first investigate the ship. While this is happening we lose contact with Earth and once we reach the ships bridge we find that we are the only surviving humans. Earth had been attack. We recieve a transmission from Mars that calls to Earth with a warning... too late...

Hazard unit class:

Reg's (regular soldiers)
Hack's (hackers)
Demo's (demolitions)
Runner's (scout/fast attack)
Eye's (sniper)
Gaunt's (heavy weapons)
Med's (medic)
Ghost's (stealth)
Com-sat's (communications)

No-one post in his till I do so... Or unless you ask permission.

Just Jacob
Jacob sat the ship's controls and watched out into the stars. The ship wasn't going to move until the captain gave the word, so he decided that he might as well watch the 'scenery' until told to do so. Letting out a deep sigh, he watched as commets raced out in the distance. "With this ship's jump systems, those asteroids couldn't even scratch this thing. That and the fact that Navy's best damn pilot is at the controls." He always loved saying that because not only did his file prove that face, but also anyone who had him as a pilot knew it as the truth. Having been there more than one-hundred prior missions, a simple rundown of a derelect ship, it was going to be the quickest mission he could imagine. A quick inspection of an empty ship and then a trip straight back to Earth. Nothing seemed simpler.

Jedireaper
PA: "All RRTS members please assemble at once at docking clam A-3. This is the first of three warning announcements."

Kumori Okami
Jericho sat in the back equipment room, his eyes half closed as he closely inspected every inch of the gun parts in front of him. He knew they had a mission coming up, and he was dead intent on making sure his guns were in top form. He'd spent the last three hours taking them apart, cleaning them, and re-assembling them, and was about to finish his last one when the announcement came.

"All RRTS members please assemble at once at docking clam A-3. This is the first of three warning announcements."

He smirked a bit, a cigarette dangling from his lower lip as he stood, locking the last piece of his gun in place and heading for the docking clam. It looked like he'd get to see how well they were cleaned soon enough...

Mandos
Coming next to Jericho, with a slap on the shoulder, Wayne sat on the chair to his right.

''Uh, what do you think it's going to be this time''

Taking off his sniper from his shoulder, he did a couple of practice fake shot before letting it stand on the ground next to him. Taking his small pistol from his pocket:

'' Let's hope we'll use none of these where we're going, but I,m not so sure about that''

Just Jacob
Jacob sighed as a scowl crossed his face. He stood up from his station and walked down the long corrider of the bridge towards the docking clam.

Jedireaper
(Are you guys that dumb? I really can't stop laughing out loud that was great... I made a spelling mistake that I didn't notice. "docking clam" Ahhhhhahahaaaa! wink Correction: "docking clamp."wink)

Deck walked onto the docking clamp and greeted Jacob. "Alright mate, you the pilot?" Deck said with a British accent. He extended a hand. "Lieutenant Commander John Saunders, you got everything ready for the mission, mate?"

PA: "Attention, would all RRTS members please assemble at docking clam A-3 at once, this is the second of three warnings."

Staff worked as RRTS members assembled periodically at the outset of the clamp. A staff member holding scanning equipment walked over and dropped the gear on a ramp that shuttled the equipment over to the intersteller shuttle.

Hey! Brandon, that EBC we got coming in, you don't believe in aliens do ya, because we got a few garbled messages, you wanna look into it?"

Brandon looked up. "Uhh, no... yeah sure," he stepped passed the RRTS group, "excuse me." He walked over the other workers. "Okay Derin, show me those files."

Just Jacob
Jacob let out an exasperated sigh. "Yeah, I'm the pilot. And the best damn one in this whole fleet. I'll get you to the mission and you do it fast, deal?" He shook his hand and thought for a moment. "Do I have everything ready.. Ship, check. Yep!" He smirked defiantly.

Jedireaper
"Good, your the best. Just what we need!" John turned and nodded to the shuttle. "Whats 'er name, anything special. Or is it some bloody code name? F*cking space boats. I used to be a Royal Marine, all sea, ships, dingys and choppers."

Jedireaper
(Werent you going to join Star Wars: Galaxy at War? You posted in the sign-up thread but seemed to forget about it.. I'm just wondering.)

Kumori Okami
Originally posted by Mandos
Coming next to Jericho, with a slap on the shoulder, Wayne sat on the chair to his right.

''Uh, what do you think it's going to be this time''

Taking off his sniper from his shoulder, he did a couple of practice fake shot before letting it stand on the ground next to him. Taking his small pistol from his pocket:

'' Let's hope we'll use none of these where we're going, but I,m not so sure about that''

<<yeh, didn't even catch it. my bad, altogether>>

Jericho looked over at Wayne, smirking a bit. "Heard we're headed out a bit further than normal, some kind of salvage or something. Chances are, though, these little scraps of metal may be all that save our lives."

He locked his weapons, making sure they would not misfire, and proceeded to begin fastening them to his belts.

Just Jacob
"The ship is called "Soverein", and it's the fastest, and most capable ship in the fleet.. if you have the right pilot that is." Jacob sighed and crossed his arms across his chest and looked around at everyone.

Jedireaper
((Case-in-point: We're all on a space station orbiting Earth, most of us arrived by Ark transportation, while some arrived by ship.))

"Well thats just f*cking great!" Deck slapped man hard on the back. "I bet you could pilot a bloody washing machine!" He joked and smiled. "Alright, alright... I'm kidding." John turned and walked off the docking clamp.

DangerousBeauty
Isla stepped out onto the docking clamp with her gun on her shoulder. She looked up in time to jump back silently, letting John through. Once he was out of the way she stepped back in and took a quick look around. "What did I miss?"

Just Jacob
"Well, I think the captain, or whaever he is, just insulted my ship, but other than that, nothin'" Jacob laughed as he looked off into the distance at his ship. "Treat that beauty with respect and she'll get you out alive, oh and be nice to me too."

Jedireaper
(waiting for the other members to post smile )

darkxbox
daren walked out of the armory, cocking his ump 45. "allright, gun check." he strapped it to his shoulder and pulled a small mini computer out of his pocket. "device of interest, check." he replaced it and walked out onto the docking clamp. "squad, ship, and pilot, check." he sat down next to jacob. "yo."

Jedireaper
The Lieutenant Commander came out of the armory, fully suited and equiped. He ran a hand over the sleek assault rifle as he slung it on his shoulders. "Hello mate, Daran right?" He offered a smile and turned to look across the squad assembling at the entrance to the docking clamp.

PA: "Final warning. All RRTS members assemble at docking clamp A-3. Repeat, this is the final warning..."

John looked up and frowned. "I see that most of us are here... good. Ok you bunch of w#nkers, sorry Isla," he drew a few laughs from the RRTS members, "this is a simple investigation mission, on a darelict EBC that has entered Earth orbit, it arrived in system five hours ago and has remains silent." He said nothing about the garbled messages. "We are to get in, assert weather the crew is dead or alive and split into two teams. Alpha team will clear the crew quarters and make their way to the bridge. Delta team will head through the cybernetics labs and head to Engineering. Any crew members we encounter are to be immediatly quarantined." He picked up a helmet. "It is command's guess that a virius has taken the crew, we will be going in with environment scanners, air-tanks and sealed suits. If our scans produce nothing then we will acess the ships computer and memory logs. This is a quick in and out, Jacob here," John pointed at the fleet officer, "is the pilot who is binging us in, the lucky b*st*rd has been briefed on our mission a get to waitvin his ship while our squads, you girlies, get to go through the mission. Any foul-up and I'll shoot ya's! So mount up, get your helmets and lets go ladies!" Quite finished, Lieutenant Commander John Saunders spun and picked up the air tank by his feet and walked onto the shuttle.

Jedireaper
(Won't be n till Monday)

Kumori Okami
Jericho nodded as the briefing ended, leaning over toward Isla, whom he had not spoken with in quite some time. "So, fifty bucks says this is just another disgruntled member of the crew that's cut comm lines." He smirked a bit, wondering if she was still upset over the incident on the last mission.

DangerousBeauty
She rolled her eyes and tried hard to ignore him. "I'm still not talking to you..." Her lips twitched, and soon she was hugging him tightly. "Damn I cant stay mad at you... God I missed you!" She laughed and kissed his cheek. "How have you been?"

Kumori Okami
Jericho returned the hug, then backed up a bit. "Well, it's been a few weeks, so... Sick, hungover, slightly disillusioned, and then back to normal just in time for work. And you?" He checked the knife on his shoulder to make sure it was secure, trying to grab all the equipment he needed before they headed onboard the ship.

darkxbox
((guess im on alpha team than.))

daren grabbed his air tank and helmet before walking onto the ship. he looked to the liutenant commander and asked," what do you think's goin' on here sir?"

Jedireaper
The British ex-Royal Marine glanced at Darren (?). "Not much, mate, or we wouldn't be going in, they'd just blow it out of the sky." He sat down on one of the personell seats and started checking the air-support gear. Making sure it was tight and wouldn't leak prssure. "Its tax money, the government is getting sick of having RRTS units doing nothing but sitting on their f*cking lazy arses! So we're going in, to proove that the RRTS foces are worth their bloody spunk!" He smiled at the guy and fitted his helmet and gas-tank to the suit. (Will post possible image of suits in Sign Up later!)

darkxbox
daren pulled on his helmet as well. "hmm, well i dont care if they think we're not worth our spunk. i hardly do anything anyway." he raised the visor on his helmet and began munching on a sandwhich.

Just Jacob
Jacob walked past the gear with a defiant smile, and bored the ship, heading towards the bridge. "This is going to be a piece of cake."

DangerousBeauty
She had all her things strapped to some part of her body. "Good. Just got home from a fun little hunting trip, or assassination if you will, in time to come here. It went pretty well too. I'm surprised at how easy it was." She smiled and looked up at him. "I've missed you.... Disillusioned huh? Do tell." She laughed and began walking towards the ship.

Jedireaper
Several nameless members also boarded the shuttle.

Kumori Okami
Originally posted by DangerousBeauty
She had all her things strapped to some part of her body. "Good. Just got home from a fun little hunting trip, or assassination if you will, in time to come here. It went pretty well too. I'm surprised at how easy it was." She smiled and looked up at him. "I've missed you.... Disillusioned huh? Do tell." She laughed and began walking towards the ship.

He nodded and followed. "Assassination? I'm afraid to ask..." He checked to make sure he'd not forgotten anything, then shrugged it off. If he had, it wouldn't hit him until they got to the post. "Let's just say I've had a little time for some self-reflection and it turns out I made some decisions a few years back I only just started to regret." He pulled a pic from his back pocket depicting a younger version of himself, Isla, and another girl. "Just got word Ashe has radiation poisoning from that mission to the reactor core near the Ark. I should've taken my leave and retired to take care of her back then, but hindsight's 20/20, right?" He pocketed the picture.

Mandos
Jericho has been silent from the beginning, but now the pressure built up.

'' God damned people, when are we going to lift this freaking ship of and do our mission? I've had enough useless chat as it be.''

darkxbox
daren turned to him. "damn man, it's only been like 10 minutes, calm the **** down." he slid the ACOG scope onto the piccitany rail of his ump45 and screwed it on, checking to make sure it was straight.

Kumori Okami
Originally posted by Mandos
Jericho has been silent from the beginning, but now the pressure built up.

'' God damned people, when are we going to lift this freaking ship of and do our mission? I've had enough useless chat as it be.''

<<er... I'm Jericho, who were you meaning?>>

DangerousBeauty
She frowned and looked up at him. "How long does she have?... I'd like to see her when we get back." She sighed and glanced up at him. "Drug dealers. Had to take out a butt load of guards so there wouldnt be any witnesses." She sighed and pulled the picture back out of his pocket, helping herself. "I remember that... We got pretty beat up... It was so much fun just the three of us... I miss those days. Our bodies dont move like that anymore." She sighed and rubbed her shoulders. "This one is gonna suck. If its a false call I'm gonna kill someone."

Mandos
Originally posted by Kumori Okami
<<er... I'm Jericho, who were you meaning?>>

Sorry, I meant Wayne! stick out tongue ))

Kumori Okami
Originally posted by DangerousBeauty
She frowned and looked up at him. "How long does she have?... I'd like to see her when we get back." She sighed and glanced up at him. "Drug dealers. Had to take out a butt load of guards so there wouldnt be any witnesses." She sighed and pulled the picture back out of his pocket, helping herself. "I remember that... We got pretty beat up... It was so much fun just the three of us... I miss those days. Our bodies dont move like that anymore." She sighed and rubbed her shoulders. "This one is gonna suck. If its a false call I'm gonna kill someone."

He lit a cigarette, his nerves getting the better of him again, just as they would when he thought about how they had more or less gone on without Ashe after the last mission she'd partaken in, before they'd joined the RRTS. "Few months, maybe a year if she's unlucky. They said it was pretty painful to live through it. I don't doubt it, but then I wouldn't know." He laughed a bit, thinking back on when the three of them had been nearly unstoppable, despite the fact they did get the living Hell knocked out of them. "Beaten up isn't quite the lightest way to put it. We nearly got killed a few times, if I recall, especially Ashe and myself." He finished his cigarette. "If it is a false call, save one of them for me... This was supposed to be my vacation leave to go see Ashe for a while..."

Just Jacob
Jacob slumped down into the pilot's chair and started to do a third diagnostic of the ships interior and exterior systems. Everything was good to go as usual since he ship was a private installment rather than a military standard issue. He click the comm. "Just as a warning, if any of the damage my ship, I will kill you. Regardless of what happened. You know, just a heads up." He laughed and turned on the internal nav system.

Mandos
Wayne laughed.

''Hey that means that if someone shoots by mistake, anothe's going to have to jump in front to protect the wall. Better one dead than an entire crew!''

Playing with his pistol.

''Christ****, when are we going?''

Jedireaper
The Lt Cmdr had been silent until that point, just checking his gear. He looked up and hit the inter-com. "Lets go stick jockey." John stood and walked over to the air seal and was about to seal the ship when footsteps on the gantry caught his attention and a white suited scientist ran passed the commander. John reached up and closed the seal when the scientist was in. "Ok Jacob, your cleared to proceed."

The scientist, out of breath, dumped his field equipment in the cargo crate and slumped to the crash seat.

"Buckle up kid."

Wordlessly the scientist complied, nodding.

The Lt commander then headed to the cockpit and took the co-pilots chair. "Everything set?"

Just Jacob
Jacob sighed and tapped the com. "Call me Joker. You'll see why in a second." He calmly waited until the docking hear had released and slammed the throttle forward, all the way to the top speed. The shuttle jerked forward and sped towards it's destination. In an attempt to be funny he set the ship in a slight spin and depressurized the cockpit, which started to spin the opposite direction, basically keeping it still. "They call me Joker, cause watching you guys spin around in there while I am fine is funny as hell."

Jedireaper
Just as the Commander reached over to turn the gravity back on he paused. Jacob was right it was funny, several of the members we spinning but so was the cabin to them. He held back. "This ought to be an interesting trip. "Bloody hell you'll give 'em space sickness." He laughed as, bewildered, the RRTS members collided into each other.

Jedireaper
Brandon is the scientist/medic))

darkxbox
((actually, we're all strapped in so we would.nt be spinning around and bumping into one another, but anyway.))

daren slapped the cord of his 'device' into an input device near his ship. he typed in a command and the ship stopped spinning and slowed down. the cabin pressure began to return and gravity also began to return. he spoke into the mike which was set to output in the cockpit speakers. "not to end your fun or anything, but if this does turn out to be somethin serious, i dont want my accuracy with a gun to go straight to hell just because i'm naucious, so please wait until we're on the way back." he typed in a command to set a speed limit.

Mandos
Standing up after a hard ride.

''Hell this sh*t'', with a smile.

Just Jacob
Jacob laughed and set his bypass code into the main computer. "Don't try and limit my ship. This isn't some army Reg, but I get your point." Jacob set his own speed regulation and set the ship to an autopilot. He set the bypass code back on and opened the cockpits hatch. "We'll be there in no time, as long as no tries to mess the with Sovereign's controls."

Jedireaper
Jacob, untill we get to the ship the RP is your boat till then.

Just Jacob
Jacob then reached over and deactivated the outer terminals. "I must admit that I am impressed by your knowledge of the inner systems of one of these ships. Barely over one-hundred were made, so it's refreshing to see someone who knows about them." He typed into the main access terminal and looked at the distance, adjusting the speed so that it would not be too fast, and so that they would not overshoot the ship, or collide with it.

Jedireaper
(I'm not going to say anything till there has been some chracter interaction.))

DangerousBeauty
Originally posted by Kumori Okami
He nodded and followed. "Assassination? I'm afraid to ask..." He checked to make sure he'd not forgotten anything, then shrugged it off. If he had, it wouldn't hit him until they got to the post. "Let's just say I've had a little time for some self-reflection and it turns out I made some decisions a few years back I only just started to regret." He pulled a pic from his back pocket depicting a younger version of himself, Isla, and another girl. "Just got word Ashe has radiation poisoning from that mission to the reactor core near the Ark. I should've taken my leave and retired to take care of her back then, but hindsight's 20/20, right?" He pocketed the picture.

srry didnt see this))

Isla sighed and put the picture back in his pocket. "If only it were one of us instead. Why did it have to be-" She couldnt finish in time before they started spinning. "What the hell?" She stood up and cracked her back. "Did that ride remind you of anything." She grinned and looked over at her friend.

Kumori Okami
Jericho stood as they slowed, placing a hand to the back of his head. "Christ, that was worse than... Well, we'll not get into that here..." He looked around at the others, making sure everyone else was okay. "Alright, that's way more than I ever wanted to live through on a ship... I hate flying..." He shook his head a bit, trying to get over the slight sickness he always got at high speeds. Better than Ark travel, though... He sat back in his seat, awaiting orders from the CO as to whom would be doing what on this mission. "Ashe got the least exposure, true, but then again, she was always at higher risk, Isla. I mean, she did have that condition..."

<<So fishing for ways to explain off Ashe's sickness now... I shoulda thought it through better...>>

Jedireaper
Brandon looked over as Isla and Jehrico conversed. "Heh, catching up on old times?"

DangerousBeauty
Isla glanced over at Brandon. "We were old partners in crime way back when. We've been working together since... But we are one less today." She frowned and looked up at Jericho and nodded. "I know... But why her?"

Jedireaper
"One less?" Bradon quiried. (I replied in SWGAW, Setana can't die)

DangerousBeauty
sAtana)))

darkxbox
daren smirked at jacen. " i had too. what if someone on the other ship had gone crazy and hijacked ours. i would have to know any way of possibly controlling it remotely." his eyes widened and he pinched his nostrils shut. "whew, what is that smell?!"

Kumori Okami
Originally posted by Jedireaper
"One less?" Bradon quiried. (I replied in SWGAW, Setana can't die)

"Our other, Ashe... she was... ill-stricken recently, and we've had to leave her behind for now..." He shook his head. "I'm not sure, Isla. It's one of those things I've never figured out..."

DangerousBeauty
She shook her head and looked around the room. "Interesting group we have here... I wonder why we need so many for a false alarm." She rubbed the back of her neck and yawned. "I want to go back to bed... This is just a waist of time and tax money."

darkxbox
((when we gonna start the action?))

Mandos
((I don't know. I,m about to berserk and create a mad man with a sniper, shooting everything. THat'd be action hehe)))

Jedireaper
The ship docked with the EBC and John cecked the docking clamp. "The seals pressurised." He activated his suits oxygen and waited for the rest of the squad to do the same. "Remember ladies, we are to retrieve the ships logs and to locate and discern the condition of the crew." John Sauders carefully opened the first hatch and waited on the second hatch with his fingure on the release, his other hand's thumb flicking the safety on his assault rifle to single shot. "We are going in hot. Kid, you can find a weapon on the gun rack in the recess between the cockpit and personel hold."

Brandon pressurised his suit and brought out on of his scanners. "You really think I need a weapon."

Just Jacob
Jacob sat in the pilots seat and started playing with the lights. "Heh, just settin' the mood guys. You guys know where I'll be." He kicked his feet up and sent a cd into the ships disk reader.

Mando' Ade
daren put on his helmet and pressurized the suit. he pulled up his ump 45 and cocked it. "well, i'm asa ready as i'll ever be."

Jedireaper
John nodded and depressed the button and the hatch creaked open. "There is pressure in here, ok," he motioned with his hand towards the docking ramp and flicked on his weapons light beam. "Go." In a swif motion he swept foward and with his weapon raised he stepped into the hanger lit eerily by the spotter lights from the shuttle. "B group set up a perimeter around the shuttle, A groups secure the shuttle bay, move." He quickly headed for the mail hatchway into the ship from the hanger and reached int moments later without incident. "Report!"

Jedireaper
guys?

Jedireaper
*bump*

Mando' Ade
this thread be dead jack. let it die in pieces.

Jedireaper
It didn't die, I just left it a the oint where I ... duh ... left KMC. I'm back enough to pick things up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.