Impossible to tell if you're losing weight or gaining it..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
..when you don't have a scale. I went to the doctor about 3 or 4 or so months ago and I weighed 127 lbs. That was the first, to my knowledge, time I had been weighed since before Graduation of High School. During High School I wasn't very active but at least I had stuff to do and I was 118 lbs and it fluctuated between 118 and 121 lbs. From the time I graduated to the time I started my job I was at 127 lbs so I basically gained between 6-9 lbs and trust me it seriously shows on me! So anyway, since I've started my job I've been standing on my feet for 8 (and sometimes 12, when I get overtime) hours a day with very few breaks to sit down. Some days I am just standing up with not so much movement and other days I am constantly moving around because the day is fast paced and the machine I am running is going fast. I honestly don't feel like I've lost any of my weight though. My stomach is still bulging and my cellulite is just as bad as it's ever been (tmi, I know, but it's the truth for all of you kiddos who think I'm too skinny and twig-ish) and the stress of work is causing me to want to eat more even when I TRY and TRY not to eat anything unhealthy. I drink diet sodas now and try my best to count calories (I try to stay below 1,000 calories a day) but it's so hard for me to do anything...sad I'll never lose this weight. I'll just keep gaining and gaining until you can't fit me through the door anymore!

sad

kodak
i've got a scale, im 190lbs noneup

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by kodak
i've got a scale, im 190lbs noneup
You weigh more than my Dad and my brother.

kodak
cool?

Kelly_Bean
cool?
No.

BruceSkywalker
I try to exercise as much as i can. My martial arts training helps a whole lot

Impediment
I weigh 270. I'm 6'4", and large framed, though.

kodak
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
No. at almost 6feet tall, 190lbs isnt bad.
im not in bad shape, it could be better, but im not bitching.

guy222
6'5" 270

Röland
I'm 5'3" and 150. leftright

AbnormalButSane
I took my clothes off when I was weighing myself recently and I lost 2 pounds. hmm

kodak
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I took my clothes off 313 i want you dave. droolio

Röland
I took my clothes off when I was weighing myself recently and I lost 2 pounds. hmm
You got my attention at "I took my clothes off". 131

AbnormalButSane
droolio

Originally posted by Röland
You got my attention at "I took my clothes off". 131

sly

Röland
sly
kissessly

Phucked Up
6'4" 264lbs currently.

AbnormalButSane

kodak
sly 313

Röland
blushing hug

guy222
kisses for abmornal

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by guy222
6'5" 270

gasp That's tall.

Phucked Up
Is this ABS love thread?

kodak
Originally posted by Phucked Up
Is this ABS love thread? every thread is ABS love thread. smokin'

AbnormalButSane
every thread is ABS love thread. smokin'

131 I like the way you think.

Röland
every thread is ABS love thread. smokin'
QFT. w00t

guy222
gasp That's tall.

I'd give ya a hug and kiss

dadudemon
..when you don't have a scale. I went to the doctor about 3 or 4 or so months ago and I weighed 127 lbs. That was the first, to my knowledge, time I had been weighed since before Graduation of High School. During High School I wasn't very active but at least I had stuff to do and I was 118 lbs and it fluctuated between 118 and 121 lbs. From the time I graduated to the time I started my job I was at 127 lbs so I basically gained between 6-9 lbs and trust me it seriously shows on me! So anyway, since I've started my job I've been standing on my feet for 8 (and sometimes 12, when I get overtime) hours a day with very few breaks to sit down. Some days I am just standing up with not so much movement and other days I am constantly moving around because the day is fast paced and the machine I am running is going fast. I honestly don't feel like I've lost any of my weight though. My stomach is still bulging and my cellulite is just as bad as it's ever been (tmi, I know, but it's the truth for all of you kiddos who think I'm too skinny and twig-ish) and the stress of work is causing me to want to eat more even when I TRY and TRY not to eat anything unhealthy. I drink diet sodas now and try my best to count calories (I try to stay below 1,000 calories a day) but it's so hard for me to do anything...sad I'll never lose this weight. I'll just keep gaining and gaining until you can't fit me through the door anymore!

sad

If you want to get down to math about it...you can read here (my post is slightly down the page...it is the one with the math):

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9350414& amp;highlight=nitrogen+balance+userid%3A66591#post

Do some cardio in the morning, first thing, for about 30 minutes. Make sure it stays in the fat burning mode if the machine you use has something like that.

You can count your calories. The best measure of how you're doing is gadging yourself in the mirror...not the scale.

Also, eat healthy fats and eat plenty of protein if you decide to exercise.

Rogue Jedi
6'4" 264lbs currently. 6'1, 221pounds.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I try to exercise as much as i can. My martial arts training helps a whole lot
I'm too lazy to do stuff like that. Plus I don't have the time.
Originally posted by Impediment
I weigh 270. I'm 6'4", and large framed, though.
at almost 6feet tall, 190lbs isnt bad.
im not in bad shape, it could be better, but im not bitching.
Originally posted by guy222
6'5" 270
6'4" 264lbs currently.
Brother's 6'5 and 170-180.

Phucked Up
I'm too lazy to do stuff like that. Plus I don't have the time.

Brother's 6'5 and 170-180.

He's underweight.

AbnormalButSane

sad

I used to weight 127 lbs and I'm only 5'2. The only way I lost weight was getting sick. And the only reason I kept it off is because I have to walk to classes. I think moving around like you're doing will help you more than you think, especially if you eat healthy. It will just take time.

Kelly_Bean
He's underweight.
Yep, but he heats everything he can and never gains weight.
I used to weight 127 lbs and I'm only 5'2. The only way I lost weight was getting sick. And the only reason I kept it off is because I have to walk to classes. I think moving around like you're doing will help you more than you think, especially if you eat healthy. It will just take time.
I hope you aren't resorting to bulimia anymore. cry That could kill you!!!!

Phucked Up

I just checked BMI and it says he's in the Normal range, but I'm sorry, that tall and that weight, he's underweight.

Kelly_Bean
I just checked BMI and it says he's in the Normal range, but I'm sorry, that tall and that weight, he's underweight.
I meant eat, not heat. hanuts

But yeah..but there's nothing he can do about it and he looks fine at the weight he's at.

AbnormalButSane

No no, no bulimia for me. But yes it can kill.
It's hard not to obsess over weight. Just have make sure it's handled in a healthy way.

Phucked Up
I meant eat, not heat. hanuts

But yeah..but there's nothing he can do about it and he looks fine at the weight he's at.

I wish I could eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight. I eat a french fry and my thighs jiggle.

Morning_Glory
kisses for ABS kiss kisskiss

I'm 5'4 and 125 ...

I try to walk 3 miles everyday during the week days - only takes an hour -- plus I'm a vegetarian.

really I just came out of the 1 million thread to join the ABS love fest kiss

ragesRemorse
I use my clothes to gauge how much weight i've lost. since i am no longer fat. The only weight i lose now is merely for vanity anyway, so why bother with a scale?

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by Morning_Glory

I'm 5'4 and 125 ...

I try to walk 3 miles everyday during the week days - only takes an hour -- plus I'm a vegetarian.

eek!!

MG love and kisses. faint

Kelly_Bean
No no, no bulimia for me. But yes it can kill.
It's hard not to obsess over weight. Just have make sure it's handled in a healthy way.
Good.
Yes it is, especially if you're female. hanuts
I wish I could eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight. I eat a french fry and my thighs jiggle.
I wish I could too! I can't anymore, I used to be able to! When I was younger I could fit both of my hands around my waste and the points of my fingers would touch (just barely, but they'd still touch).

I'm 5'4 and 125 ...

I'd die! I wish I could walk that much.

Morning_Glory
you say you are moving around a lot at work... so you are probably burning lots of calories at work... just watch what you eat - watch your calories & your sodium intake -- I think you're not suppose to have more than 600mg of sodium per meal - and most meals (especially take out) have in the thousands of mg...

i know you said you are switching to diet soda - but that has a lot of sodium in it too - if you just drink 1 or 2 a day you'll be ok... but make sure you drink LOTS of water... sodas make you retain water - which makes you bloat ... and right to your tummy, thighs... sdkfj

KMC's Superboy
i weight 230 but i am 6'2

Kelly_Bean
you say you are moving around a lot at work... so you are probably burning lots of calories at work... just watch what you eat - watch your calories & your sodium intake -- I think you're not suppose to have more than 600mg of sodium per meal - and most meals (especially take out) have in the thousands of mg...

i know you said you are switching to diet soda - but that has a lot of sodium in it too - if you just drink 1 or 2 a day you'll be ok... but make sure you drink LOTS of water... sodas make you retain water - which makes you bloat ... and right to your tummy, thighs... sdkfj
Hey, thanks for your tips! hug I didn't think sodas (even diet sodas) would do that much damage weight wise sad.

Phucked Up
Hey, thanks for your tips! hug I didn't think sodas (even diet sodas) would do that much damage weight wise sad.

Umm...yeah. ermm Soda is all around bad for you.

Strangelove
I've lost about 10 lbs in the past 3 weeks:

I'm 6'3", 250 lbs

gefallen_engel
I am 5ft 9in. and I weigh 168

workout every day, spend 8 hours on my feet walking pretty much the whole time. Drink pretty much just water all the time, count calories (1400 a day). I have lost about 27 lbs. in 15 weeks, 5 of it since I started working

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by gefallen_engel

workout every day, spend 8 hours on my feet walking pretty much the whole time. Drink pretty much just water all the time, count calories (1400 a day). I have lost about 27 lbs. in 15 weeks, 5 of it since I started working
Wow, congrats and good luck in the near future with your weight loss!

I'm 5'9 too. smile

gefallen_engel

I'm 5'9 too. smile

thanks

dadudemon

Great job on your progress.

I'm 5'9 too. smile

That's cool. Tall girls are great....especially humorous ones like you.

Kelly_Bean
thanks
Welcomes!
Originally posted by dadudemon
Great job on your progress.

That's cool. Tall girls are great....especially humorous ones like you.
Thanks but..I don't really think I'm funny. I'm just dumb and say the wrong stuff at the wrong time, hahaha.

~Wålshy~
5'2, 298 pounds. no expression

chillybanana
5'4ish and 112lbs

I lost like half a stone through being ill a lot over past few months.

dadudemon

~Wålshy~
Lies. are you calling me fat? crying

dadudemon

~Wålshy~
No. I'm calling you a liar. no expression you're calling me a liar because you cant believe how fat i am! cry

chillybanana
Awww Walshy!! sad

chillmeistergen
5'9, 130lbs.

Kelly_Bean

Phucked Up
Near the same weight as I am. awesome

How is Walsy near the same weight as you?

chillybanana
How is Walsy near the same weight as you? Thinks she meant Chill.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by chillybanana
Thinks she meant Chill.

Then why did she quote 3 people?

chillybanana
Think she was agreeing with whoever said Walshy was lying.

~Bun Bun~
I'm really over weight erm
Have been since I can remember erm
I really have tryed losing weigh but seems to always take more will power than I can will erm

dadudemon
Originally posted by ~Bun Bun~
I'm really over weight erm
Have been since I can remember erm
I really have tryed losing weigh but seems to always take more will power than I can will erm

Welll........I am trying to trim up just a bit...So I'm going to jump rope about 20 minutes a day..and work up to 30.

You could continue to eat just the same (but only just the same) amount of food you are now, just get some exercise and you'll lose weight. Remember, 3500 calories to a pound of fat. Losing 2 pounds a week is the most you'd want to lose in a week. I'm going to try for just a pound a week...if I start to lose more, I'll start to eat more until I level out at jut one pound a week. I'm trying to hold onto as much muscle as I can...It would be wise for a women to do the same.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.