KARATE KID vs. The Champion of the Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
Okay, so I posted this thread already, but due to a misunderstanding, it was closed early.

-Both fighters are at equal strength. No gem for Champion. Pure fighting skills. Who take this?

golem370
Champion in my opinion he has been fighting for who knows how many years and was undefeated.

grey fox
Originally posted by golem370
Champion in my opinion he has been fighting for who knows how many years and was undefeated.

While this may be true Golem, from what we (that is the audience) have seen he seems to rely more on brute strength then skill.

While every guide --and Champions own claims-- state that he has 'mastered every fighting style in the universe' he has yet to show it. Karate Kid on the other hand regularly portrays extreme amounts of skill. Defeating superhuman opponents with little more then his bare hands.

golem370
Champion was undefeated for years so apparently and assuming some of the people he fought was superhuman then the same can be said for Champion plus he is Immortal can not die which is a plus as well.

fangirl101
karate Kid.

grey fox
Originally posted by golem370
Champion was undefeated for years so apparently and assuming some of the people he fought was superhuman then the same can be said for Champion plus he is Immortal can not die which is a plus as well.

I'd still place my money on Karate Kid. Not that Champion is a bad choice per-say, just that his win/lose record isn't particularly glowing.

george '06
if you take away champions strength advantage
(which is massive)
then probably karate kid
but even champion without the gem with his normal powers stomps him

grey fox
Originally posted by george '06
if you take away champions strength advantage
(which is massive)
then probably karate kid
but even champion without the gem with his normal powers stomps him

While your point is valid, when has Champion really cut loose with his Elder of the Universe Powers ? Karate Kid (Post crisis) has defeated Daxamites. Pre-crisis beat Superboy.

george '06
hes supposedly mastered thousands of forms of martial arts
hes also immortal and largely immune to physical damage and cant get tired, ever

he also cant die since death wont let the elders into her realm

i just dont see karate kid being able to touch that

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by grey fox
While your point is valid, when has Champion really cut loose with his Elder of the Universe Powers ? Karate Kid (Post crisis) has defeated Daxamites. Pre-crisis beat Superboy.

KK didn't beat Superboy, he just went a few rounds with him and Superboy won that fight.

Batman-Prime
KK

Phantom Zone
The way hes written now he'll lose.

manjaro
by his own admission even without the gem he is still "one of the stongest beings in this continuum." champion is what KK would be if he had powers...if you really wana get technical about it she hulk has been the only one to outright defeat him.... ben grimm just got the better of his sympathy and thanos tricked him into defeating himself...no offense but that tongue in cheek bulshit that is she-hulk writing i dont take seriously.....this is the same comic that showed Titania, who is nearly she hulk level to begin with, getting curb stomped by she-hulk even after the former had the power gem, the same comic that went out of its way to create an alternate universe scenraio to un-canonize the fact that Juggernaut banged her...so what can i say Champion geting owned in a she hulk comic doesnt rank up there.....so as nice and zen as KK is he gets his ass beat quite thoroughly

lft4ded
See, it easily takes multiversal powers to affect the Juggernaut's actions...and even then doubt remains. wink

Oh, Jen. It was the best you ever had and now you'll never get it again...

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by manjaro
by his own admission even without the gem he is still "one of the stongest beings in this continuum." champion is what KK would be if he had powers...if you really wana get technical about it she hulk has been the only one to outright defeat him.... ben grimm just got the better of his sympathy and thanos tricked him into defeating himself...no offense but that tongue in cheek bulshit that is she-hulk writing i dont take seriously.....this is the same comic that showed Titania, who is nearly she hulk level to begin with, getting curb stomped by she-hulk even after the former had the power gem, the same comic that went out of its way to create an alternate universe scenraio to un-canonize the fact that Juggernaut banged her...so what can i say Champion geting owned in a she hulk comic doesnt rank up there.....so as nice and zen as KK is he gets his ass beat quite thoroughly

You may have missed what the Thread starter wrote:

"oth fighters are at equal strength. No gem for Champion. Pure fighting skills. Who take this?"

Pure fighting skills. I say KK

King Kandy
Originally posted by lft4ded
See, it easily takes multiversal powers to affect the Juggernaut's actions...and even then doubt remains. wink

Oh, Jen. It was the best you ever had and now you'll never get it again...
Nothing stops the Juggernaut, he just keeps going no matter what...

golem370
I think if you went back over Champions 6.6 billion years I would say his Champion's fight record looks better then you think like 100,000 victories and 10 Loses rough estimate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.