Jack Hawksmoor vs Apollo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Fight in the biggest city.

No sun amping and no HV.

Who wins?

DigiMark007
Biggest City would be Mexico City, on Earth at least.

Take Jack for the healthy majority. Apollo can level cities, but inert ones...this one would be fighting back. And Jack's arsenal is too versatile, with phasing (himself or others) and the massive amping and nigh-instantaneous healing he receives in cities as well.

Endrict Nuul
Should I put in HV?

DigiMark007
Probably wouldn't matter. At his best, with an uber-charge and maybe enough room to perform a speedblitz, Apollo could win some. But it's not just a city, which most heralds can deal with handily. It's a self-healing city that's being intelligently operated by a dude with enhanced reflexes (in cities) and decent H2H skills. I also don't know Apollo's tolerance for phasing. Concrete in the brain would likely mess him up.

Just imagine an angry skyscraper, whose density has been heightened to a much greater degree, punching you with the speed of an airliner. And that's only a fraction of its power. Apollo's clearly >>> Jack in many scenarios, but Jack's got a higher upper limit.

DigiMark007
As a semi-bump, my opinion occasionally wants to oscillate toward Apollo. He has a couple speedblitz and/or strength feats where he wrecks city-sized entities (or larger). And the moon feat with HV. But the fact that the city would be sentient and actively fighting back remains the kicker. it's definitely not a 10/10 scenario, but I can't convince myself of anything but Jack taking the majority in a major city.

guy222
jack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.