Which character would be most affected (good or bad) by revealing their identity...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
...to the public and why?

DigiMark007
Spider-Man, presumably. He's the most high-profile hidden profile in comics. Bruce is rich and Kal can live off of sunlight and public PR points. Pete has neither, and would be buried by media.

Starscream M
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Spider-Man, presumably. He's the most high-profile hidden profile in comics. Bruce is rich and Kal can live off of sunlight and public PR points. Pete has neither, and would be buried by media. actually, I think batman would be affected much more than Peter

once the public links Batman to Bruce Wayne, there's going to be major problems for Wayne enterprises...legal, criminal, and other. Villains are gonna file lawsuits against Wayne Enterprises for damages, and sympathetic Gotham juries might buy the "batman created me" defense. Also, law enforcement who may have grudges against Batman will charge Bruce Wayne with vigilantism. And Batman's main weapon is secrecy, without it, he can't operate.

Juntai
Originally posted by Starscream M
actually, I think batman would be affected much more than Peter

once the public links Batman to Bruce Wayne, there's going to be major problems for Wayne enterprises...legal, criminal, and other. Villains are gonna file lawsuits against Wayne Enterprises for damages, and sympathetic Gotham juries might buy the "batman created me" defense. Also, law enforcement who may have grudges against Batman will charge Bruce Wayne with vigilantism. And Batman's main weapon is secrecy, without it, he can't operate. thumb up

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Starscream M
actually, I think batman would be affected much more than Peter

once the public links Batman to Bruce Wayne, there's going to be major problems for Wayne enterprises...legal, criminal, and other. Villains are gonna file lawsuits against Wayne Enterprises for damages, and sympathetic Gotham juries might buy the "batman created me" defense. Also, law enforcement who may have grudges against Batman will charge Bruce Wayne with vigilantism. And Batman's main weapon is secrecy, without it, he can't operate.

Which could all be fixed by moving his base of operations and effectively going underground, kinda like in The Dark Knight Returns. Knowing he's Bruce Wayne isn't going to give villains the jump on him if he's smart about it. And any superhero is going to have legal problems, but Bruce can deal with it financially. It wouldn't cripple him. Pete, it would and it did.

I'm not saying he wouldn't have problems. Clearly he would. But really, he doesn't even have family to protect (sans Alfred).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.