Server Move Problems?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Please post any problems you may encounter which may be down to the server move.

Phucked Up
None so far, I'll be sure to let you know if I find anything.

chillmeistergen
It seems slower than it was.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Indeed, some peoples posts aren't loading but others are...

Raz
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
It seems slower than it was. Really? We have twice the RAM and CPU's we had before.

Is this being experienced by others?

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Raz
Really? We have twice the RAM and CPU's we had before.

Is this being experienced by others?

Not for me.

chillmeistergen
Given that Moff and I are both experiencing it, perhaps it's a problem for British users?

Phucked Up
Smilies aren't all loading. I see the description text associated with them and not the image itself.

IE: laughing out loud rather than : lol : (without spaces)

Raz
No problems for me and I'm in the UK aswell.

chillmeistergen
Strange. Something to do with certain ISPs, maybe?

Raz
Originally posted by Phucked Up
Smilies aren't all loading. I see the description text associated with them and not the image itself.

IE: laughing out loud rather than : lol : (without spaces) Fixed.

Raz
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Strange. Something to do with certain ISPs, maybe? Could be a routing issue. If it doesn't sort itself out in the next few days, I'll look into it.

Peach
Everything seems fine to me, no images (or CSS either, it seemed) loaded the first time but when I refreshed all was good.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Raz
Fixed.

Indeed. thumb up

Raz
Testing attachments...

Raz
FYI - search index is being brought online so server may be taxed for a little while.

Impediment
Everything seems okay to me, Meister. I hope that this will only help KMC.

Kumori Okami
Raz, I've noticed that certain threads, upon my opening them, are logging me out completely from KMC, despite the fact I'm always logged in. But when I type in the URL for the UserCP on my browser, it says I'm still in. I don't know if it's for sure to do with the new server, but I've never had it happen before, so I thought I'd let you know. Otherwise, all's well in KMC-land, for the time.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Raz
Please post any problems you may encounter which may be down to the server move. When I try to upload a new sig here, the upload is accepted and I am given a new code to copy and paste to my profile, but no sig shows up.

Rogue Jedi
OK, others can see my avatar and sig fine, but I cant see them. I can see their sigs and avatars, but I cannot see mine. What gives?

chillybanana
Originally posted by Raz
No problems for me and I'm in the UK aswell.

And it seems faster.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by chillybanana
And it seems faster.

I disagreeno expression

if anything it seems slower to me.

Rogue Jedi
I tried a different computer at work, and my siggy and avatar shows up, so it looks like the problem is with my laptop. Help, someone?

Rogue Jedi
I got my avatar working OK, but I still CANNOT see my siggy. Someone help, please?

Raz
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I got my avatar working OK, but I still CANNOT see my siggy. Someone help, please? Try emptying your cache and restarting your computer.

chillybanana
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I disagreeno expression

if anything it seems slower to me. Really? Mind you, I'm on a uni computer, haven't been on it on my laptop yet.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Raz
Try emptying your cache and restarting your computer. done, and still, the same thing.

Rogue Jedi
never mind, Raz.....I dunno what I did, but suddenly all is well. haermm .....go figure, right?

Impediment
Everything works just fine for me.

Rogue Jedi
now I cant see my avatar....WTF MAN?

Rogue Jedi
Now I can see my AVATAR but no sig. They both show up fine on another PC five feet away, BUT ONLY THE AVATAR HERE. I wonder what gives? Someone help?

Phucked Up
Now I can see my AVATAR but no sig. They both show up fine on another PC five feet away, BUT ONLY THE AVATAR HERE. I wonder what gives? Someone help?

Your computer sucks?

Rogue Jedi
Your computer sucks? NOT helping.

Rogue Jedi
See? This is the image I wanna use for my sig:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/mysigs/223-1.jpg

I know you guys can see it, but I cant. I see it when I post it like I just did, directly from photobucket, but when I save it to my laptop and try to upload it here, I see nothing where the sig should be. Same sometimes with my avatar.

Could someone please help me here? This all started right after the server upgrade. As I said previously, I tried the PC here at work, and they show up fine, it's something with my laptop.

Rogue Jedi
Now its my sig AND my avatar:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/mysigs/zz-2.jpg

I can see the pic here, but not where the avatar should be. Same goes for my sig.

Raz
It's a problem with your DNS configuration. Basically its misconfigured as its not honoring the DNS expriations.

If the forums work fine on other computers sharing the same internet access, then the problem is with your computer. Try doing a network repair on your connection if this is the case.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Raz
It's a problem with your DNS configuration. Basically its misconfigured as its not honoring the DNS expriations.

If the forums work fine on other computers sharing the same internet access, then the problem is with your computer. Try doing a network repair on your connection if this is the case.

Right-click your network connection, and then click Repair. If Repair is not available, make sure the network cable is connected and the network connection is enabled. For help enabling your connection, read Managing your network connections.

I right click on network connections, and it doesn't give me a repair option. confused

Phucked Up
Right-click your network connection, and then click Repair. If Repair is not available, make sure the network cable is connected and the network connection is enabled. For help enabling your connection, read Managing your network connections.

I right click on network connections, and it doesn't give me a repair option. confused

Open Network Connections first. doh

Raz

I right click on network connections, and it doesn't give me a repair option. confused You might need to log in as the Administrator.

Rogue Jedi
Open Network Connections first. doh I did. confused

Originally posted by Raz
You might need to log in as the Administrator. I haven't a clue how to do that. confused Yes, I am a dumbass. laughing

Rogue Jedi
I logged in as admin, opened network connections, right clicked on 1394 connection, and it tells me TCP/IP not enabled for this connection. cannot proceed.

Raz
Thats not your net connection, but a firewire port. Just do a repair on all the connections listed.

Surely it must have sorted itself by now? DNS problems never last this long.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Did you turn it off, then on?

Lara
Ok this has been bugging me for a while!
I dont know if any one else if having this problem, but when I receive a PM and got to reply, the system quite randomly tells me, in the reply page that I have 225 new PM's and then its fine once I come out of User CP messed very odd.

Raz
Originally posted by Lara
Ok this has been bugging me for a while!
I dont know if any one else if having this problem, but when I receive a PM and got to reply, the system quite randomly tells me, in the reply page that I have 225 new PM's and then its fine once I come out of User CP messed very odd. Thanks for that, I can't believe I didn't pick up on this.

Anyway, fixed!

Lara
cool, thanks Razbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.