Like and dislike about Transformers the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
What did you like and dislike about the movie?

Sadako of Girth
Oh no..... You did not just go THERE...!!!! sick

stick out tongue

Scythe
I liked how it was marely just an action movie with personalities that have appeared in my childhood at some point.

Sadako of Girth
(Pity they screwed those personalities up almost totally though.)

So that leaves us with it just being an action movie, then. stick out tongue

Scythe
Stuff went boom in the movie, that made me happy.

Sadako of Girth
That was good. The boom.

Yes. Even concrete that had no business exploding exploded in that movie.

For it was a movie of Bay.

Scythe
And that's all I expected from the movie.

Placidity
I thought Megan Fox had no place in the movie. Sure she was total eye candy, but if you seriously wanted to make a good movie, theres no place for characters that serve no purpose.

There was a scene that was cut out from the movie. It was during the brief conversation between megatron and starscream after Megatron escapes the compound. The scene that was cut out was Megatron dissing Starscream for failing. I think it was cut out due to time restraints. It would have been nice if it was included though since theres always been a rivalry between the two in the cartoons.

I found that the physics displayed by the transformers was phenomenally accurate - that was very well done.

Most of the movie was shown from the perspective of Shia and the Autobots. Giving some more screen time to the Decepticons would have been nice.

I particularly liked the scene where the Decepticons mobilised. That was quite cool. Starscream was definately the coolest Decepticon in the movie for me.

Ok, finally, one thing I really didnt like was how Bumblebee was able to transform into a newer model. He should'nt have been able to do that. If he could, then theoretically theres nothing to stop him transforming into anything else, which isnt right.

Overall though, I found the movie pretty good.

Scythe
Yeah, the trans-scanning was alot more frequent for Bumblebee.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Placidity
I thought Megan Fox had no place in the movie. Sure she was total eye candy, but if you seriously wanted to make a good movie, theres no place for characters that serve no purpose.

There was a scene that was cut out from the movie. It was during the brief conversation between megatron and starscream after Megatron escapes the compound. The scene that was cut out was Megatron dissing Starscream for failing. I think it was cut out due to time restraints. It would have been nice if it was included though since theres always been a rivalry between the two in the cartoons.

I found that the physics displayed by the transformers was phenomenally accurate - that was very well done.

Most of the movie was shown from the perspective of Shia and the Autobots. Giving some more screen time to the Decepticons would have been nice.

Ok, finally, one thing I really didnt like was how Bumblebee was able to transform into a newer model. He should'nt have been able to do that. If he could, then theoretically theres nothing to stop him transforming into anything else, which isnt right.

Overall though, I found the movie pretty good.

Great points generally, however, I thought the physics weren't that great.

The mass-shifting cube kinda screwed that up.

(Along with the firey exploding concrete when Megatron knocks Sam off of the ledge... Concrete doesn't do that.

...AND Frenzy's magic regenerating body...

...AND the afformentioned 'Autobots being able to morph' rubbish too...

....AND those old roofs supposedly supporting Prime's galloping weight as he chases to rescue Sam...)

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Scythe
And that's all I expected from the movie.

I expected more as the Transformers name was on it.

Had it been Go-bots I wouldn't have cared less.

Scythe
Hahaha, a Go-Bot movie!

ragesRemorse
Had they taken out John Turturro's character and toned down the love interest between Shia Lebeouf and megan fox. The movie would have been MUCH better and would have felt a little less childish.

Scythe
I know, John Turturro's rolse is always welcomed, but that role just seemed out of place and overall wacky...

Sadako of Girth
Agreed. Hes usually great but he in this case evidently thought this was the Goonies and that he was one of Ma's boys. sad

But he was impaired by having a director that doesn't know what humans are. (or tfs for that matter)

Scythe
Ahaha, he probably thinks that made his career.

Sadako of Girth
Made it a near laughing stock, maybe..... shifty
Fortunately, everyone is allowed to screw the pooch at least once. (Not literally though, you depraved bunch..)

Scythe
I actually have high hopes for the sequel, even though it won't be Transformers and capture the what it means to depict Transformers, I'm glad all the origin stuff is out of the way.

Sadako of Girth
I might wait for it to rent on dvd or something. I refuse to pay cinema rates for any Bay's shit, as a matter of principle.

Jovan
Originally posted by Scythe
Stuff went boom in the movie, that made me happy.
you'll love Die Hard wink

Scythe
Originally posted by Jovan

Hahaha, nice!

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I might wait for it to rent on dvd or something. I refuse to pay cinema rates for any Bay's shit, as a matter of principle.

Sounds smart.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Jovan

Now thats a great f***in' movie.
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

TechDreamer
I like the cartoon movie much much more than the live action. The problem with the live action is Michael Bay not staying true to the origianl Transformers. They had too sharp of angels too busy. They were square and smooth keep it simple the way it was meant to be. Not a fan of the way they looked in fight scenes too...too many close up shots not enough of the actual fight.

Sadako of Girth
Absolutely.

The MadParty
the decepticon's should have had more screen time,the pace could have been a little bit slower

Sadako of Girth
I dunno... those long, drawn out sections with the human/non-tf storylines drag for me like a motherfu**er.

Agreed about the Decep's screentime.
Just left 'em feeling like generic monster villians when they were on screen.

Mind you...thats quite fitting of their design.

BlazingBarrells
iduhno.....its not that i disliked the movie or anything, but honestly the only aspect of the film that keeps me coming back is the special effects....pretty beautiful stuff....

starlock
I enjoyed the movie...but i still see no reason they could not have made optimus the proper rig..i mean they are still out there on the road and god knows why they just did not use the rig from the original.....i did not like all the sharp angles...and the decepticons did not get enough screen time.....megatron and starscream looked to much alike......all in all i did enjoy the movie and i look forward to the sequel

Darth Rex
Originally posted by starlock
I enjoyed the movie...but i still see no reason they could not have made optimus the proper rig..i mean they are still out there on the road and god knows why they just did not use the rig from the original.....i did not like all the sharp angles...and the decepticons did not get enough screen time.....megatron and starscream looked to much alike......all in all i did enjoy the movie and i look forward to the sequel

Enjoyed it too! Decepticons needed way more screen time!
Apparentley going to get more in TF2

Sadako of Girth
The transformers should have had more time period.
And the humans less.

The pesky critters ate up all that precious screentime.

Mind you, even if there was more battle, we wouldnt have been able to see it due to the camera being all over the place and too close to the action anyways due to Bay's 'shitness.'

OB1-adobe
I recently got to watch the movie in Hi-def.

I could nitpick it to death, but if you don't know anything about Transformers it is an entertaining film.

What there is to like about the movie, most people already know.

My nitpicks:

1. Product Placement up the A-hole
Some people love this stuff, unfortunatley for me I just finished film school, and after taking a film business class, I know that theres no coincidece that when that Aulstrailian blonde hot girl put that Panasonic memory card in the slot, its logo glisten in the light. Which brings me to the next point.

2. Aulstrailian blonde hot girl
I don't even know her name? Or the black dude that helps her. Is the president's name just Mr. President? All three of those people had hardly point in this film

3. Opening monolog of the cube
The major plot device in this movie is explained in a seriously vague monolog. Just say this imitating an Optimus voice:

"In the begiining there was the cube. We don't know where it came from, or how it works. So just deal with it. And don't forget to drink Mountain dew and buy an Xbox 360."

Sadako of Girth
Hah. stick out tongue

All valid irritances. yes

Cloudzor
i liked alot about this movie but a few things totally mucked it up for me...

i'll start with what i liked.... i think the soundtrack was good and storyline was kinda sufficient. special effects were great and the transformation sequences (especially optimus) were awesome.

Shia did a good job of playing Sam and Bumblebee was done pretty well...

stuff i think messed the movie up... as a previous poster said, Megan Fox's character just had no part to play in the story, sure she's ridiculously hot but i'd buy an FHM mag if i wanted to stare at hotties, this was the transformers movie and her character did absolutely nothing for the plot and direction of the movie.

now my two major criticisms of this movie are:

1. the american soldier taking out a way cool decepticon, that was just plain lame... this reduced the awe and image of the transformers as a whole, i don't understand why they did this... ironhide vs this decepticon would have been so much cooler, the movie's name is transformers after all, "not the US Army" ... a face off between an autobot and this decepticon would have been brilliant, but then for some reason the autobots just dissapear off the scene for a while... a bit lame tbh

2. probably my biggest gripe concerning this movie was the megatron and optimus fight... so optimus arrives late for the fight which was cool cause it allowed him to make a grand entrance, his transformation here was the coolest seen in the movie (IMO)... the way he makes his entrance and the tension between him and megatron leads you to beleive that this is the fight that will decide who wins between good and evil, instead megatron pounds optimus from beginning to end with optimus having like 0 chance against him. why say stuff like "one will stand and one will fall" and "if i can't defeat megatron" if he had like no chance at all? this kinda mucked up Optimus' image IMO, he's way too weak compared to megatron.

enjoyed the movie, but as i said... the muck ups they made were too big to overlook. hop they do a better job of part 2.

Sadako of Girth
Man you are 100% correctamundo.

More or less every scene in this movie damaged the TFs integrity.
The entire US military unloaded EVERYTHING short of nukes on Megatron for like five minutes in that fortress siege in US marvel #3 or 4.

Not. A. Scratch.

This is why we needed the Autobots to protect us against the Decepticons in the TFs story.

All Bay had to do was remember that.
But nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........

The reason for the US soldier taking out decepticon, along with other bullshit exaggerating the effectiveness of the US human forces against the decepticons was the same reason that the transformers had to all be GMC and military vehicles that failed to resemble the characters:

Bay sold the movie out to the US military in exchange for the propagandic advertising space within and use of their (and GMC's) vehicles..

Thats why you are treated to a very shiny movie featuring Human plotline irrelevance and product placement with a smidgen of robot action instead of a movie about the TFs we all knew and loved.

Should have called it "The USO show..!!!"
The tag line review would more honestly be:
'Sam Witwicky's teen problems occasionally featuring some robots who could just as easily be Gobots for all the care taken in writing/designing them.'

But as long as they could rape the name Transformers for every penny without having to make effort to actually be a transformers movie, then why not...?

And they'll be taking your money for it again for sure in the sequel.

How sick does that make you, the genuine TFs fan/paying movie goer feel..?

Scythe
I'm alright with paying money to see any sequels. Because, G1, to me, is its own thing that could never be tarnished in my opinion. I keep it secluded from everything. These movies and animated shows are basically loosely based if not, loosely inspired by the G1 saga. They'll never be able to come close to what G1 was and still is. Let alone the fact that I consider myself too young to fully admire G1, I grew up with RiD and it's characters.

I entered the theater expecting an action flick, and it was good. Not the greatest thing ever, but good.

It's like Aliens, I thought the second one was great, the first one to me comes in closely at number two, and everything else to me is just an action film loosely based on the Alien mythos.

Cloudzor
quoted the wrong post embarrasment

bloodsugar08
You seem to have got the niche from the root, Awesome work

Regards

Balae

beast1234
Megatron was not has intelligent has he was in G1

dadudemon
I thought the film was perfect in almost everyway...cept physics errors, of course.

I thought every last bit about the Transformers was wonderful but there are problems.

If they could process everything so fast, like that, then the fights would be so absurdly fast it would be rediculous. DBZ shit...if they could move themselves like that. Fights between two Transformers wouldn't be human brawls...they'd be rediculously fast chess matches that slow mo would only reveal.

Also, the Cube losing mass is just fine. It's supposed to be this uber cube of almost magical ability...so it having what seems like mystical mass losing cube is okay to me.

I thought the....

Wait...to be continued. Have to go home.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah but to then after featuring said "magic" cube, why turn down "Magic" Robots on the grounds that there be NO "MAGIC" in the movie.

Either a huge fail in the philosophy or pure bullshit. You choose.

And the "Transformers" that were in the movie just took a back seat to utterly uninteresting miltary/human characters (no matter HOW hot Megan Fox is).

That and the sloppy writing totally forgetting to resolve fates with characters. etc ("What happened with the copcar...?" "Whered the Aussie chick go...? Oh shes just not important...? Why have her in the f***in movie then..?)

Scythe
A lot of the opened plot holes were left opened to make money on prequel and epilogue comics, such as where Barricade (the cop car...) went and whatnot.

Sadako of Girth
Sloppy, imho. And damaged the movie.

A good interactive experience will provide all you need to complete the movie, while allowing you to learn more through these other avenues you speak of.

Scythe
Yeah, I agree, but where's the money making in that? Haha.

Sadako of Girth
Hahaha

Greed=Bad when moneygreed destroys a great thing.

dadudemon
Yeah but to then after featuring said "magic" cube, why turn down "Magic" Robots on the grounds that there be NO "MAGIC" in the movie.

Either a huge fail in the philosophy or pure bullshit. You choose.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Something about magic and robots and not seeing magic or no magic with the cube.

Re-word what you wrote so I can disagree with you properly. big grin

What does this "turn down magic robots" supposed to mean anyway?

And the "Transformers" that were in the movie just took a back seat to utterly uninteresting miltary/human characters (no matter HOW hot Megan Fox is).

I completely disagree 100% with you. I think that a movie focusing too much on the Transformers would have been too commerical and cheap with poor character connection. It's just a tad easier for most humans to connect with another human.

Since the movie did so well, I'm inclined to believe the movie wasn't as bad as you make it out to be.

That and the sloppy writing totally forgetting to resolve fates with characters. etc ("What happened with the copcar...?" "Whered the Aussie chick go...? Oh shes just not important...? Why have her in the f***in movie then..?)

Why would we need to see resolution on Maggie other than "she's safe and figured it out". What purpose would there be? I see no reason to a follow-up beyond her usefulness being used up.

Me thinks you just wanted to see her more. 313

Oh, and, she was in the movie to be the "clean as a whistle" hacker that made it into the security briefing to figure what the hell was going on. She was the piece that connected to her hacker buddy to actually figure it. Badda boom. Plot progression character.

The copcar? You mean Barricade? He was still alive, and left that way, on purpose.

See this site and search for Barricade:

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2007/07/kurtzman-and-orci-post-move-q.html

Sadako of Girth
Right. Bay said that Megatron couldnt be a gun and Soundwave couldnt be Soundwave citing mass shifting not being believeable (when he just wanted to do designs of his own/his companies that could make money from GMC and the US military for advertising their stuff/renting out plot time for what basically was one big recruitment drive vid.)

He then broke his own rule with the Mass shifting cube.

What a lying bastard, huh...?

Yeah but he disappeared midchase and wasnt even shown leaving.

It was just sloppy seeming.

Then if its 'Transformers second' and 'humans first' it shouldnt have been called TFs. "Irritating humans occasionally featuring Transformers" would have been more apt.

The original unf***ed-with characters were interesting enough to sustain a movie.

But not these "revisions".

Hence the humans.

ctsketch
if you hate it so much as you seem to Girth......don't even bother with he second movie?

Cause honestly. One can only take so much bitching and moaning.

Sadako of Girth
Who are you to attack me like that...?
I may very well not bother. Thats up to me.

Your opinions are Im sure as valid as mine, so express them if you like, (after all, what are forums for..? One might even say If you dont like it, you dont have to read my posts.) but dismissing all reactions that dont tally up with yours as just bitching and moaning is a bit lazy now, isnt it?

And its "Mr.Girth", to you. wink

ctsketch
is it okay if I call you Ms. Girth?

Sadako of Girth
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Ms.

Mizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ms....Ms.......Ms...................

Erm.

No. smile

Scythe
Originally posted by ctsketch
if you hate it so much as you seem to Girth......don't even bother with he second movie?

Cause honestly. One can only take so much bitching and moaning.

Come on man, respecting everyone's opinions on movies and music is great, it makes the world diverse. We can't all have the same opinion, and everyone's opinion matters. I sit idly by while people boast about how good a band My Chemical Romace, Fall Out Boy, and The Jonas Brothers are, even though to me they're shit, but I have to live with the fact that they like that, same way they have to live with the fact that I think that music should come in 'turd' place.

(Why did I use a pun?? FML...)

Sadako of Girth
Thank you Scythe.

Scythe
Thank you Scythe.

No need, brah. I'm always open to opinions, as long as they're not utterly mundane and based off of ignorance, ya know?

Sadako of Girth
Absolutely.

SpaceMonkey
Oops... uh, sorry.

dadudemon
Right. Bay said that Megatron couldnt be a gun and Soundwave couldnt be Soundwave citing mass shifting not being believeable (when he just wanted to do designs of his own/his companies that could make money from GMC and the US military for advertising their stuff/renting out plot time for what basically was one big recruitment drive vid.)

He then broke his own rule with the Mass shifting cube.

What a lying bastard, huh...?

WTF?

Dude, I was wanting to see Megatron as a gun. sad That was a disappointment for me.

And he's either a major liar about the mass thing, or it was MAJOR oversight on his part.

Yeah but he disappeared midchase and wasnt even shown leaving.

It was just sloppy seeming.

I agree...but it was planned. So it does contain a degree of intelligence.

Edit- Wait, wasn't Barricade seen driving off in the background when they are going to the Dam? I could be mistaken...seriously.

Then if its 'Transformers second' and 'humans first' it shouldnt have been called TFs. "Irritating humans occasionally featuring Transformers" would have been more apt.

I was thinking that any movie about something unique like that always has more screen time for humans than the name of the film. Little Monsters, Gremlins, Ghostbusters, etc. Think of a movie about a "special" or unique unhuman character and you should see more screen time for the human characters.

The original unf***ed-with characters were interesting enough to sustain a movie.

But not these "revisions".

Hence the humans.

I liked the revisions except for the scientific errors that I mentioned. I like the look and the general feel of the Transformers more than the originals. I'm beginning to think that I'm the only person who likes new things or revisions to anything that was good. I liked the PT better than the OT, I liked the newer transformers better than the original, I liked the newer Matrix films better than the first, I liked the Watchmen movie better than the comic, etc. It goes on and on. Am I the only human on Earth who can stand the revisions?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by dadudemon
WTF?

Dude, I was wanting to see Megatron as a gun. sad That was a disappointment for me.

And he's either a major liar about the mass thing, or it was MAJOR oversight on his part.

I agree...but it was planned. So it does contain a degree of intelligence.

Edit- Wait, wasn't Barricade seen driving off in the background when they are going to the Dam? I could be mistaken...seriously.

I was thinking that any movie about something unique like that always has more screen time for humans than the name of the film. Little Monsters, Gremlins, Ghostbusters, etc. Think of a movie about a "special" or unique unhuman character and you should see more screen time for the human characters.

I liked the revisions except for the scientific errors that I mentioned. I like the look and the general feel of the Transformers more than the originals. I'm beginning to think that I'm the only person who likes new things or revisions to anything that was good. I liked the PT better than the OT, I liked the newer transformers better than the original, I liked the newer Matrix films better than the first, I liked the Watchmen movie better than the comic, etc. It goes on and on. Am I the only human on Earth who can stand the revisions?

No. Your not. But Darwinian evolution will take you guys out later.... lolz

Good points, just wanted to comment that the on the subject of Titles vs subjects: Ghostbusters were called Ghostbusters in the movie and were human therefore it was fine because it was about them. Not Gozer.

Yep. Gremlins worked/qualified at a title because Gizmo was in it most of the time, and its not like if there were character revisions from before to notice any degrading.

But TFS nearly was always told from a TF POV.

And thats where the pooch has been given a very sore hind quarter.

Bringing it back to the character Revisions:

Here a few of are my issues with them, disregarding the annoying but previously covered physical design:

Bumblebee would never have pissed hot oil over a human to torture it. Not to extrapolate info, not for Germanic sexual reasoning... nothing.

Frenzy and (presumably Rumble) have been turned from lightweight hoods into a terrible looking Jar Jar act and soundalikes.

Jazz was turned from an earth-loving culture-knowing laid back guy with a voice or or like Hong Kong Phooey, who is sleek and stylish in both modes into a brain dead gangsta rapper arsehole wanna be who is immensely easy to snap in half.

Megatron: Originally a genius with a bent for wanting to harvest the energies of the universe in really to restore Cybertron under decepticon rule, he is now just a Big Dumb talking generic movie monster.

dadudemon
No. Your not. But Darwinian evolution will take you guys out later.... lolz

Good points, just wanted to comment that the on the subject of Titles vs subjects: Ghostbusters were called Ghostbusters in the movie and were human therefore it was fine because it was about them. Not Gozer.

Yep. Gremlins worked/qualified at a title because Gizmo was in it most of the time, and its not like if there were character revisions from before to notice any degrading.

But TFS nearly was always told from a TF POV.

And thats where the pooch has been given a very sore hind quarter.

Bringing it back to the character Revisions:

Here a few of are my issues with them, disregarding the annoying but previously covered physical design:

Bumblebee would never have pissed hot oil over a human to torture it. Not to extrapolate info, not for Germanic sexual reasoning... nothing.

Frenzy and (presumably Rumble) have been turned from lightweight hoods into a terrible looking Jar Jar act and soundalikes.

Jazz was turned from an earth-loving culture-knowing laid back guy with a voice or or like Hong Kong Phooey, who is sleek and stylish in both modes into a brain dead gangsta rapper arsehole wanna be who is immensely easy to snap in half.

Megatron: Originally a genius with a bent for wanting to harvest the energies of the universe in really to restore Cybertron under decepticon rule, he is now just a Big Dumb talking generic movie monster.

Oops, my bad. I didn't mean Ghostbusters at all. My wife and son had Were watching Ghosbusters II at the time so I made a Freudian slip. (I was sitting in the livingroom, on my couch, with the laptop.) I meant Jaws, lol, NOT Ghostbusters.

I agree on the Bumblebee design as well. But if you use that logic, it trips down a very slippery slope. Why would transformers "humanoid" appearing in nature? To counter your point with perfect logic, Bumblebee did that because he studied humans as much as possible and knew that he, anatomically, had something that would resemble a highly insulting act to humans: pissing on him.

However, all of the characters in the cartoon are even more-so anthropomorphized than in the movie. If you want to get down to nitty gritty, the movie was much more realistic than the cartoon, as far as sentient robots from a distant "planet" goes.

As far as Megatron, yeah, there was NO screen time or interaction moments to make any sort of character conclusion other than Movie monster trying to obtain power. His character, imo, will be explored more in the 2nd or 3rd film.

Edit- Wait. That's what the DVD is for. It goes into Megatrons backstory.

Sadako of Girth
Where the "Perfect" logic is flawed is:

No f***ing way do autobots, especially torture humans.
Period.

The reason that they are humanoid shape is: They were that way on Cybertron. Way before earth so the studying humans excuse is gone also.

Theres no way for the makers to save face.

There is no apologist that can mask their flaw.

Baaaaaaad character writing.

Megatron wont be smart enough to tie his shoelaces, compared to the diabolical genius of G1 Megatron so it didnt rea\lly leave me wanting to explore the characrter much further.

I go off of the marvel comics.

There is less anthropomorphization there compared to the cartoons (which were retarded next to the comic).. smile

And this "Realism" that you speak of regarding alien robots...?
You get your info what what real alien robots are like, for where exactly....? lolz

Sadako of Girth
Also, it wasnt a good movie if it couldnt establish who Megatron was after that big slow buildup. They had all the time in the world (or about 2hrs 20) to set Megatron up. But nooooooooo. Clusterfu*k.
His voice, lines and demeanor are what makes him generic and dumb. No backstory will save that.

dadudemon
Where the "Perfect" logic is flawed is:

No f***ing way do autobots, especially torture humans.
Period.

Wait...wait.

When did Autobots torture humans?

The reason that they are humanoid shape is: They were that way on Cybertron. Way before earth so the studying humans excuse is gone also.

No, you're missing it, bro. That was not what I was saying, at all. Of course the cartoon and the movie have robots from a different planet. That much is obvious. The degree of anthropomorphization (damn big-ass words! mad ) is less in the live action movie than the cartoons. This has nothing to do with the story itself...only with the Transformers appearance.

Theres no way for the makers to save face.

There is no apologist that can mask their flaw.

Baaaaaaad character writing.

Which one are we talking about, now?

Megatron wont be smart enough to tie his shoelaces, compared to the diabolical genius of G1 Megatron so it didnt rea\lly leave me wanting to explore the characrter much further.

I most certainly want to explore is live action character much much further.

I don't recomend you watch the second film because it will be one big mistake for you...from what I read about it.

I go off of the marvel comics.

There is less anthropomorphization there compared to the cartoons (which were retarded next to the comic).. smile

And this "Realism" that you speak of regarding alien robots...?
You get your info what what real alien robots are like, for where exactly....? lolz

Oh, ok. The Marvel comic version.

As for your last comment....ugh.

Also, it wasnt a good movie if it couldnt establish who Megatron was after that big slow buildup. They had all the time in the world (or about 2hrs 20) to set Megatron up. But nooooooooo. Clusterfu*k.
His voice, lines and demeanor are what makes him generic and dumb. No backstory will save that.

Well, no, that's not eveyrthing to it, either.

Nothing the movie did would have been adequate enough for you. Some things don't translate well for people on the big screen. This is one thing that obviously, no matter the iteration, will work well for you on screen.

Sadako of Girth
Nope. To say that nothing would be good enough is myopic.

No I missed nothing.

dadudemon
Nope. To say that nothing would be good enough is myopic.

No I missed nothing.

That's my opinion.

If you had the skills and the abilities to write produce and direct a transformers film, it wouldn't appeal to as many people...in fact, there would be more who outcried against it, imo.

Edit- Wait. You may very well posses the skills. Tell me how you would have done the live action film. Mind you, you are doing a trilogy.

Thsi will require you to make a longer post...but it doesn't have to be that long. You can give me a general plot that's less than 5000 characters.

Here's my reasoning: I have relegated your to the "blankie syndrome" and it may not be warranted. You very well may have been able to make a better film, all around, that appeals to hardcore fans and the general audience...so I figured that I should at least give you a chance to show me how it could have been better. Mind you, I have an excellent imagination, so I can fill in all the effects, similar to Bay's version, if you'd like.

ctsketch
Transformers G1 worked as a comic/toon,.....but if a live action movie was actually like it..... it would be really really weird....the bot forms would look cheesy....and colorful. the voice overs would be horrible, LOL. and the action would be lame.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's my opinion.

If you had the skills and the abilities to write produce and direct a transformers film, it wouldn't appeal to as many people...in fact, there would be more who outcried against it, imo.

Edit- Wait. You may very well posses the skills. Tell me how you would have done the live action film. Mind you, you are doing a trilogy.

Thsi will require you to make a longer post...but it doesn't have to be that long. You can give me a general plot that's less than 5000 characters.

Here's my reasoning: I have relegated your to the "blankie syndrome" and it may not be warranted. You very well may have been able to make a better film, all around, that appeals to hardcore fans and the general audience...so I figured that I should at least give you a chance to show me how it could have been better. Mind you, I have an excellent imagination, so I can fill in all the effects, similar to Bay's version, if you'd like.

Its "relegated YOU". A lot of time on long words, in general from you. Not as much time in actual thought, eh...? wink

Sure. I could. But the basic level "put the poster in burden of typing long posts or cope with unqualified and unneccessarily derisive comments" strategy.

I needn't produce a full synopsis in order to have my points justified.
Simply pointing out alternatives in areas that would have made the most difference will do.

If you comment on a new album out, do I ask you to submit a 6 album deal's worth of material before I can take your comment seriously...?

If feel embarrassed for you, that Ive had to had to have to highlight it, really.

Still carry on with the twatty estrogenised superiority complex stuff though....

smokin'

dadudemon
Its "relegated YOU". A lot of time on long words, in general from you. Not as much time in actual thought, eh...? wink

erm If you got what I meant, there's no reason to get petty like that, is there? Did what I say really offend you that much? Do you not like being tagged with the "blankie syndrome" that bad? That's just a slightly different version of "fanboy". no expression

Sure. I could.

You should. If you think that there is much better way of telling a live action story for Transformers, then do tell. Is it really that hard to spend 5-10 minutes writing something up?

But the basic level "put the poster in burden of typing long posts or cope with unqualified and unneccessarily derisive comments" strategy.

I never said you had to accept my opinion of you as a Transformers fanboy who could never be satisfied. erm

However, you WERE so dissatisfied that I figured that I would give you the chance to tell it your way...before I made a blanket statement about you you having a blankie syndrome.

I needn't produce a full synopsis in order to have my points justified.
Simply pointing out alternatives in areas that would have made the most difference will do.

For you, it did not seem that it would do. That's why I gave you the chance to write-up something better. Did you assume that I would automatically criticise every point and call you a douche with no creativity? NO! I wouldn't have done that in the least. I would have very objectively considered your suggestions.

If you comment on a new album out, do I ask you to submit a 6 album deal's worth of material before I can take your comment seriously...?

6 album deal's worth of material?

What are you talking about? Your analogy was lost in translation.

Did I ask you to write six movie scripts?

If feel embarrassed for you, that Ive had to had to have to highlight it, really.

That's "I" not "If". Get it right, man. roll eyes (sarcastic) (Yes, I could care less if you got it wrong...I'm making a "funny."wink

Still carry on with the twatty estrogenised superiority complex stuff though....

smokin'

Did you really get that butthurt? You do realized that I admitted that I was making a hasty comment so I backtracked to allow you to justify yourself, dont' you?

I don't know why, but I seem to have hit a nerve with you. Are you a washed up script writer or something? Dude, if you are, you shouldn't feel bad about it. I won't judge you by your past. I could care less. All your points on the movie were intelligent and not baseless...giving you a chance to spend 5-10 minutes coming up with your own thing was hardly intended as insult.

Now, to show you what I mean...(Feel free to pick apart and disagree with it...as it was literally a 5-10 minute write-up, on the spot.)

We could open with a narration of the battle between Primus and Unicron that ends up with Unicron and Primus (along with Cybertron, if you want to pay homage to the comic) being hidden away in "unreachable" plane. The ultimate Baddie could be "The Fallen" with Fallen trying to break the Seal of Primus to bring back Cybertron and Unicron. (Fallen would be the anti-hero. He'll be both the bad guy and good guy. Doing bad things to work towards a good goal...yes, similar to Ozymandias. The Fallen could be a complex character who seems to take orders/direction from Unicron, but actually has his own agenda as well.)

The first film could focus, very similarly, on the first encounter with man. An artifact (key), hidden in infinite wisdom by Primus, was put on Earth thousands of years ago with the hopes that man, with his savagery, love, and compassion, would one day aid in bringing peace back to the universe and assist the Autobots from Unicron's insatiable appetite for destruction. Man is required to take action in assisting the autobots to prevent the destruction of the Universe as Unicron's "resurrection" happens to be near Earth 616. We later find out that this hidden key is an energy artifact that merges with the Matrix, which allows the Autobot leader, Optimus Prime, to break the Seal of Primus, if he so choses...or that's what the Autobots assume. The Seal is weakened and it allows Unicron to inject his will through his puppets, with Megatron being the seemingly ultimte villian in the film at first and then Fallen being discovered as the one pulling the strings with Megatron, with the plot resolving that The Fallen is actually the Herald of Unicron...segway into the finale of the film which ends in an epic battle between Primus and Unicron. Unicron is released because the "special" thing about the "key" is only a specific human can activate the key once it merges with the Matrix, to break the Seal of Primus, as Primus, in his wisdom, forsaw this particular human being born and knew that this human would be "the chosen one" because there is a "second" key that is unlocked only through special enlightenment that will occur with this human and the human friends. (Damn, sounds like the matrix after reading it)

The "final" battle ends with this human's enlightenment but it forces the Autobots and the chosen one to have to choose to forever seal away Unicron and Primus with the lose of Cybertron (do to some sort of connection between the three), or save Primus and Cybertron while risking the destruction of Earth and countless other worlds. (We could edit that part to be more of a tough decision...but, you get the idea, it's a hard choice make. Maybe we could have Autobots, after thousands of years of missing their homeworld (we could even make it to where some Autobots are lost because they are connected to Cybertron) do not want to seal it away and would rather restore what they think is the proper balance of Primus and Unicron coexisting in our multiverse..that being a legit ideal.) It ends with Cybertron's destruction and Unicron's and Primus's permanent sealing. Fallen asks Optimus Prime for forgiveness after having some sort of revelation in his folly is redeemed and forgiven. Megatron becomes Galvatron and the new antagonist for movie II.

Sadako of Girth
My analogy was sound (Three to six albums worth of material is what companies want to hear to know that their investment is gonna peter out after the first hit or album. )

Naw not really butt hurt.
Just reacting to the wording you used and the observation on the 'burdening technique' has legitimately taken place over time.
However seeing now that you were actually straight up about the ideas submitting, I apologise for that.

Thats not too bad an outline, fan fic wise, that involves all the right elements.. It still would have been more awesome that the first bay movie.

smile

I doubt that Bay'd let it be that TFs orientated though.
Get a decent production staff for it, and it may roll.

Mr. Rhythmic
What I liked:

-Good casting
-Amazing special effects
-Good action
-Great characters(especially the Transformers themselves)
-Cool explosions(Bay's specialty)
-Pretty good plot
-Some of the Transformer designs were great
-Megan Fox(yup, she gets her own category)
-Some awesome fan nods(and cool scene adaptions from the 80s show)

What I didn't like:

-Too many human characters, not enough Transformers
-The camera was way too shaky during the fight scenes
-Some of the Transformer designs were bad
-Some issues as a fan I had, and some plot holes(not enough Starscream, why was the robot called "Devastator"(which possibly shows their laziness and lack of care for the original material), the fact Optimus didn't use his sword on Megatron, and so on)
-Some really poor jokes(the Bumblebee peeing joke, Sam's "happy time", ect.)

Overall, though? I loved the movie. Great, big, loud robot smashing fun.

darthmaul1
I thought they did a great job on the first movie. It's transforming robots you can't expect an academy award winning story there.
It is what i expected an introduction to the transformers with ass kicking robots. I know people have said thay why wasn't megatron a gun, well if you think about it that is a pretty useless thing to turn into.
I just hope they do soundwave justice if he is in the new movie, he should be an sr71 blackbird.

dadudemon
My analogy was sound (Three to six albums worth of material is what companies want to hear to know that their investment is gonna peter out after the first hit or album. )

Ahhh, makes sense now. It makes sense now why I was confused. I was expecting two or three paragraphs and you thought I meant a lot more than that. That's where the disconnect was on both our ends.

Naw not really butt hurt.

Cool.

Then I apologize for that knee-jerk statement.

Just reacting to the wording you used and the observation on the 'burdening technique' has legitimately taken place over time.
However seeing now that you were actually straight up about the ideas submitting, I apologise for that.

I apologize for my original statements. They were a bit too derisive, I admit.

And thanks for the apology.

Thats not too bad an outline, fan fic wise, that involves all the right elements.. It still would have been more awesome that the first bay movie.

smile

lol

Yeah, it was rather off the cuff, based on some things from the comics and my own ideas. I literally took about 5-10 minutes to do that entire portion. Didn't take long.

Which goes back to what you were saying earlier...they could have done better: paying homage to the fans and and entertaining the new comers even more. I agree...it wasn't perfect...but it was a whole lot closer than I expected it to be. I was shocked at how good it was. I thought it was going to be lame.

I doubt that Bay'd let it be that TFs orientated though.
Get a decent production staff for it, and it may roll.

I would certainly love the movie if it was more epic like the example I wrote above. Planet sized robotic monster Aliens (with one of them being a planet eater) and their underlings from a different plane of reality with epic space and earth battles taking place for the fate of humanity seems a tad more believable than:

Saving humanity from robots that can hack the entirety of the DoD's database in mere seconds, but can be taken down by humans with helicopters, liquid nitrogen, and ropes. (Or "hot" ammo rounds.)

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by ctsketch
Transformers G1 worked as a comic/toon,.....but if a live action movie was actually like it..... it would be really really weird....the bot forms would look cheesy....and colorful. the voice overs would be horrible, LOL. and the action would be lame.

Yeah, and though Megatron is and always will be awesome, being carried around as a gun isn't really bad-guyish...woulda been funny though.

Sadako of Girth
At least it would have been Transformers, though.

Its just one of those things that you have to give some licence to for it to work.

The thing has to be cool enough for the suspension of disbelief to work, granted. And Soundwave as was, and Megatron as was, would have worked, I believe, because of it's sublime nature. Not in spite of it.

That kind of command over matter would have been more Alienesque than the shitty generic Bug-from-space shit they seem to be churning out on these films.

The Scribe
The movie wasn't animated.
Optimus didn't have his face plate.
The characters weren't like their original counterparts.

It wasn't the Transformers.
It will never be the Transformers again until someone like me gets a hold of the license. wink

darthmaul1
Originally posted by The Scribe
The movie wasn't animated.
Optimus didn't have his face plate.
The characters weren't like their original counterparts.

It wasn't the Transformers.
It will never be the Transformers again until someone like me gets a hold of the license. wink

it's better when it isn't animated
Optimus does have is face plate when he is in combat
The characters are better than their originals, you can't have bumblebee being a bug, it works in the 80's in the cartoon but the camero suits him now. and you can't have Megatron being a gun, cause it is a usless thing to turn into.
1st movie rock 2nd one sucked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.