Superman w/Gem of Cyttorak vs. Superman w/GL Ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
Superman with a magical invulnerability and forcefield vs. Superman with a ring that makes him as strong as his willpower and grants him a nifty variety of powers.

Which one would win?

MightyEInherjar
The Superman w/Gem should win the fight handily.

guy222
supes w/gem

Scoobless
Gem

spetznaz
Personally I would say ring.

Reason is, to me what the gem does is simply make his level of invulnerability higher. The Gem of Cyttorak will simply be a boost (however major) of Superman's own level of invulnerability brought about by his bio-aura and Kryptonian resilience. Superman's bio-aura protects him from basically 96% of the things out there .....the Gem of Cyttorak would protect him from around 98% of the things out there. Around a 2% level increase (primarily from Krytonite energy attacks, as well as ensuring that even if a Red Solar energy attack drains his Kryptonian powers, he will at least have Juggernaut level strength and invulnerability to fall back on).

Impressive, but to me no THAT impressive.

It is like you having a Lamborghini Gallardo, and then I come and tell you that i will add to you a souped-up NasCar vehicle ....think of it as back-up. Now, the Nascar vehicle is quite good, very fast, but i am simply adding to you something extra on what you ALREADY have.

Superman with the Gem simply means a Superman who is truly invulnerable ....that's it. He is not stronger, because Superman going 100% with his normal powers is already a mega-beast! And Superman is generally invulnerable (unless you have a specific energy signature that is either red solar, which drains him, or kryptonite, which can kill him ....and of course, magic). However, 96% of the time you can consider Superman truly invulnerable, and the red solar and kryptonite no longer affect him as they used to (and apparently magic is also slowly losing some of its potency).

The Gem does NOT add much to Superman .....the only way it is helpful is IF for some reason Superman is attacked using one of the 3 ways that can affect him, and then he could rely on Juggernaut level strength and durability (true, no longer flying, no powers, no senses ....but at least he would be a powerful dude who cannnot be stopped when he starts moving).

A nice back-up .....but does NOT add much.

Now, take a Green Lantern ring! That thing is a veritable game changer .....it would make Superman change from a global-level threat to a galaxy-level threat.

Several ways:

i) It gives him a wide variety of powers that he does NOT have. For instance, it can allow telepathy, matter-transmutation, and some level of reality manipulation. Those are powers that Superman would find very helpful.

ii) It would act the SAME way as the Gem of Cyttorak when it comes to strength and invulnerability. Think of it ....Superman's main weaknesses are kryptonite (the ring can negate the energy signature of Kryptonite ....there was a time Green Lanters used their rings to scrub away the kryptonite energy), red solar energy (also negated), and magic (that is debatable, so for now let's leave it). Thus we have the ring wiping out 2 of the 3 weaknesses Superman has .....just like the Gem of Cyttorak would. Magic still remains a threat, but now it is really powerful magic that would be required ....which would still affect a Superman with the Gem (maybe not directly, but he could still be shunted into another dimension).

iii) The ring has a lot of abilities, but some of them cannot be used by a human. For instance, John Stewart used the ring to think in the 'mind of the universe' or something like that, enabling him to thoroughly mess up the Martian Manhunter when he was the Burning. The problem is that the human mind could not take more than 30 seconds of that ....but for those seconds John was unstoppable. Well, Superman doesn't have a Kryptonian mind now, does he? He may not be able to use the whole 'language of the spheres' thing for very long, but it would be longer than a human would.

iv) People are forgetting that Superman has amazing will power. Amazing levels of it! Such willpower with the ring would be far mroe beneficial than extra invulnerability when the dude is already invulnerable to nearly everything (and the ring would STILL add to that invulnerability anyways).

v) Now ....the ring can be used to make constructs. One of those constructs does by Kyle was an armor. Now, Superman can make an armor around himself, and have that armor directly channel Yellow Solar energy. He would be wearing a solar suit, that is constantly charging him up with yellow light. Guess what you have? A Superman who is in a constant sun-dip, and that will GREATLY boost ALL of his powers. Not just his invulnerability and strength, but everything else. Everything.

Something the Gem of Cyttorak would not do.

To be honest with you, a Green Lantern ring in the hands of Superman would do much good than extra invulnerability and additional strength, particularly when the ring itself would confer extra invulnerability and additional strength as well, on TOP of a whole host of additional powers (including a constant sun-dip).

The ring 10/10.

I am actually surprised so many people selected the Gem of Cyttorak .....that is like asking Spiderman if he would rather have the powers of Venom, or the powers of Magneto ....and people saying that Spiderman would be better served by the powers of Venom!!!!!!!

MightyEInherjar
The ring may be a better all around choice, but I fail to see how that would get him the win in the fight against himself w/Gem.

Superman could physically dominated both the best Green Lanterns around and other versions of himself.

Superman could NOT physically harm the Juggernaut, in my opinion.

I believe it would be the Superman with the Gem that would walk away from this fight in good condition. Even if he is now 'just' 98% invulnerable compared to 96%, I'm guessing that Superman w/Ring isn't going to be dealing it out from that remaining 2%.

big juggy man
Personally I would say ring.

Reason is, to me what the gem does is simply make his level of invulnerability higher. The Gem of Cyttorak will simply be a boost (however major) of Superman's own level of invulnerability brought about by his bio-aura and Kryptonian resilience. Superman's bio-aura protects him from basically 96% of the things out there .....the Gem of Cyttorak would protect him from around 98% of the things out there. Around a 2% level increase (primarily from Krytonite energy attacks, as well as ensuring that even if a Red Solar energy attack drains his Kryptonian powers, he will at least have Juggernaut level strength and invulnerability to fall back on).

Impressive, but to me no THAT impressive.

It is like you having a Lamborghini Gallardo, and then I come and tell you that i will add to you a souped-up NasCar vehicle ....think of it as back-up. Now, the Nascar vehicle is quite good, very fast, but i am simply adding to you something extra on what you ALREADY have.

Superman with the Gem simply means a Superman who is truly invulnerable ....that's it. He is not stronger, because Superman going 100% with his normal powers is already a mega-beast! And Superman is generally invulnerable (unless you have a specific energy signature that is either red solar, which drains him, or kryptonite, which can kill him ....and of course, magic). However, 96% of the time you can consider Superman truly invulnerable, and the red solar and kryptonite no longer affect him as they used to (and apparently magic is also slowly losing some of its potency).

The Gem does NOT add much to Superman .....the only way it is helpful is IF for some reason Superman is attacked using one of the 3 ways that can affect him, and then he could rely on Juggernaut level strength and durability (true, no longer flying, no powers, no senses ....but at least he would be a powerful dude who cannnot be stopped when he starts moving).

A nice back-up .....but does NOT add much.

Now, take a Green Lantern ring! That thing is a veritable game changer .....it would make Superman change from a global-level threat to a galaxy-level threat.

Several ways:

i) It gives him a wide variety of powers that he does NOT have. For instance, it can allow telepathy, matter-transmutation, and some level of reality manipulation. Those are powers that Superman would find very helpful.

ii) It would act the SAME way as the Gem of Cyttorak when it comes to strength and invulnerability. Think of it ....Superman's main weaknesses are kryptonite (the ring can negate the energy signature of Kryptonite ....there was a time Green Lanters used their rings to scrub away the kryptonite energy), red solar energy (also negated), and magic (that is debatable, so for now let's leave it). Thus we have the ring wiping out 2 of the 3 weaknesses Superman has .....just like the Gem of Cyttorak would. Magic still remains a threat, but now it is really powerful magic that would be required ....which would still affect a Superman with the Gem (maybe not directly, but he could still be shunted into another dimension).

iii) The ring has a lot of abilities, but some of them cannot be used by a human. For instance, John Stewart used the ring to think in the 'mind of the universe' or something like that, enabling him to thoroughly mess up the Martian Manhunter when he was the Burning. The problem is that the human mind could not take more than 30 seconds of that ....but for those seconds John was unstoppable. Well, Superman doesn't have a Kryptonian mind now, does he? He may not be able to use the whole 'language of the spheres' thing for very long, but it would be longer than a human would.

iv) People are forgetting that Superman has amazing will power. Amazing levels of it! Such willpower with the ring would be far mroe beneficial than extra invulnerability when the dude is already invulnerable to nearly everything (and the ring would STILL add to that invulnerability anyways).

v) Now ....the ring can be used to make constructs. One of those constructs does by Kyle was an armor. Now, Superman can make an armor around himself, and have that armor directly channel Yellow Solar energy. He would be wearing a solar suit, that is constantly charging him up with yellow light. Guess what you have? A Superman who is in a constant sun-dip, and that will GREATLY boost ALL of his powers. Not just his invulnerability and strength, but everything else. Everything.

Something the Gem of Cyttorak would not do.

To be honest with you, a Green Lantern ring in the hands of Superman would do much good than extra invulnerability and additional strength, particularly when the ring itself would confer extra invulnerability and additional strength as well, on TOP of a whole host of additional powers (including a constant sun-dip).

The ring 10/10.

I am actually surprised so many people selected the Gem of Cyttorak .....that is like asking Spiderman if he would rather have the powers of Venom, or the powers of Magneto ....and people saying that Spiderman would be better served by the powers of Venom!!!!!!!

You are wrong 10/10 times. Who told you that the Gem of Cyttorak only made you invunerable to 98 percent of things and Superman in general was protected from 96 percent of things? Are you just pulling crap out of your butt? The Gem of Cyttorak made a normal human Cain Marko invunerable to 100 percent of physical damage and increased his strength to Superman levels.

The gem would make Superman almost unstoppable. He wouldn't need to sleep eat or breath. He would never tire....and if tapped into more of of the gems power his power would increase just like the Juggernaut ala 8th Day Juggernaut. The gem has many other magical properties as well meaning Superman would the Gem would crush Superman with GL Ring 100 times out of 100.

spetznaz
Originally posted by big juggy man
You are wrong 10/10 times. Who told you that the Gem of Cyttorak only made you invunerable to 98 percent of things and Superman in general was protected from 96 percent of things? Are you just pulling crap out of your butt? The Gem of Cyttorak made a normal human Cain Marko invunerable to 100 percent of physical damage and increased his strength to Superman levels.

The gem would make Superman almost unstoppable. He wouldn't need to sleep eat or breath. He would never tire....and if tapped into more of of the gems power his power would increase just like the Juggernaut ala 8th Day Juggernaut. The gem has many other magical properties as well meaning Superman would the Gem would crush Superman with GL Ring 100 times out of 100.

I was out of the country for the weekend, so this is the soonest i could respond to your comments. My apologies for the protracted response.

i) First of all, learn how to format. For a moment there I was wondering why you had retyped my entire post. Formatting is quite simple.

ii) Your post was actually quite humorous. I assume you are a Juggernaut fan (so am I, he is in my top 15), which is probably why your response was so visceral (although you should put more thought and less heart into your posts). You made several claims that were totally off base, while all the while saying that i was pulling 'crap out of my butt.' All i can say to that is better out of my butt rather than out of my head, but let me touch on some of the things you said.

iii) You asked why i was comparing the level of invulnerability that the gem would bestow on Superman vs what Superman ALREADY had. That is quite simple. Superman is basically invulnerable ....the thing is in comics their is 'invulnerable,' then there is 'invulnerable.'

A character like the Thing is invulnerable, but he is not as invulnerable as Superman is. Superman is quite invulnerable, but he is not invulnerable in the same way that Thanos is. Thanos is invulnerable, but he is not as invulnerable in the same way that Mr. Mxypltk is. Mr. Mxypltk is invulnerable, but he is not as invulnerable as the Presence is.

Now, Superman is quite invulnerable. He is basically totally resilient against everything but kryptonite (which he has slowly been building resistance to), high-end magic and associative reality bending (e.g. 5th dimension stuff), and red solar radiation (which makes his body unable to access yellow-solar radiation stored in his cells). It can also be said that he is vulnerable to attacks from beings at a certain level of power. Apart from that he is totally resilient.

Now, the gem of Cyttorak would make him resistance against kryptonite, and it would also protect him against red solar energy (and even if the wavelenth shut off his kryptonian powers, he would still have the powers of the Juggernaut ....even though he couldn't fly or do anything else apart from what juggernaut can currently do). However, he would still have problems against high-level magic users, as well as against beings more powerful than Cyttorak (the entity Cyttorak is very powerful, but he is very FAR from omnipotence).

iv) You also said that the gem made Marko, a human, be exceedingly powerful. And that it would thus make Superman, to use your words, 'almost unstoppable.' Are you trying to insinuate that if the gem can make a human (Cain) superhuman, then it would make a superhuman 'super-duper-trooper-human?' Because that is not how the gem of Cyttorak works.

What it does is that it is a boon ....a boon from the entity Cyttorak that bestows the person with one or more of his attributes. In Cain's case incredible strength and durability. It did not add Cyttorak's gifts on TOP of Marko's ....it made Marko into an AVATAR of Cyttorak.

Superman would become an avatar of Cyttorak, although he would also have his normal kryptonian based powers. Note: The original poster spoke of only invulnerability and a magical shield, not dimension warping and other stuff (which you started bringing in the latter part of your post, talking about Trion/8th day Juggernaut ....but more on that later)

v) You also speak about Superman not having to breath or eat if he got the gem. Please explain to me what would happen if a solar-powered being, like Superman, with an energy ring that enabled him to construct a suit-construct that continously soaked him in yellow-solar radiation, would be? Would he be eating or breathing (and anyways, the ring can provide nourishment ...although that would not be needed in such a case).

vi) You bring up all these others powers that the gem can bestow, but this is what the original poster stated:

''Superman with a magical invulnerability and forcefield vs. Superman with a ring that makes him as strong as his willpower and grants him a nifty variety of powers.

Which one would win?''

He asked if a Superman with the gem, which will give him MAGICAL INVULNERABILITY AND FORCEFIELD can win against a Superman who has a ring that MAKES HIM AS STRONG AS HIS WILLPOWER as well as GRANTING HIM A NIFTY VARIETY OF POWERS.'

Are you insane!

You are comparing a Superman that, on top of his already formidable powers, has perfect invulnerability ONLY against a Superman that, on top of his already formidable powers, has an artefact that allows him to garner ANY POWER HE CAN IMAGINE!

Meaning he (based on what the ring has done in the past) can have anything from matter transmutation to portal opening to containment shields that could withhold an exploding star to telepathy to reality manipulation and illusion to functioning constructs.

And talking about functioning constructs, again i bring up the armor thing (which Hal has done), although in this case the ring is soaking Superman in solar energy. That is basically a sun-dipped Kryptonian, who on top of that is able to think in the language of the spheres (read 'JLA: Trial by Fire' to see what that is).

Superman, with the ring, would be a NEAR pre-crisis level Kryptonian (due to solar soak), with warping and transmutation powers, who could even win the fight as easily as simply BFRing the Jugger-Superman.

Jugger-Superman, per what the original poster stated, would simply be a normal Superman who not has PERFECT physical invulnerability.

This is not even a contest.

You just gave Superman all the powers that he did not already have (e.g the energy related powers), and on top of that amped up ALL of the powers he already has (not just invulnerability, as the gem would do, but also all his other abilities).

A Superman who is ('just') totally invulnerable, vs a Superman who is also totally invulnerable (thanks to his willpower and the ring), but also has basically ANY super power that he can imagine!

Again, it would be like Spiderman being asked to choose between having the additional powers of Venom, or the additional powers of Magneto.

And don't get me wrong ...I admire Jugz. It is just that here you have a match between a near-god who now has the invulnerability of a god (if you assume the entity Cyttorak is one), versus a near-god who just received enough powers to make him an actual god.

He could BFR Jugger-Superman with a simple thought!

leonidas
laughing out loud

funny seeing spetz's version of 'going off on someone!'

well said, as usual. ring wins, if for no other reason than instant bfr win. at WORST the ring would allow a physical draw 10/10. depends on whether you believe superman's will could overcome the gem's shield or the 'unstoppability' the gem grants.

hard to imagine either one scoring a ko win in this. t-vo could be used against either as well.

Dark-Jaxx
Superman with the gem? That would make him nearly twice as strong, completely invulnerable, give him armor and a helmet that would protect against TP, and make him unstoppable. Basically, he would be kinda like a slower Superman Prime. And we saw what happens when SMP fights Superman level GLs(one with the Ion power I might add), he crushes them. Supes with gem can take any and all Supes with GL ring can dish out, and in a bumrush would physically dominate him.

Newjak
I don't think this one is as clear ct as people think.

First off let me just say something spetnaz. I don't think the OP was meant to limit what somebody could gain from the gem, but more less was giving a brief description of what he thought Superman would gain the most of.

Now onto the actual sentiment. Each one gives particular strengths that the other one doesn't, and I think people are way overestimating what the ring can give Superman.

First off let's look at what each one will do for Superman's attributes, and I will be using Sadam Yat as a prime example for what a ring can do for Superman.

Strength: Neither one will really give Superman anything more in this. Although it could be argued that Juggernaut's powers would allow Superman to call upon more energy for strength. And make Superman's momentum unstoppable. Think Flash IMP mixed with something that can not be stopped.

Durability: The ring gives heilds and stuff but Superman and other strong characters have busted enough through them for me to think they won't add anytthing except the ability to extend his range for it. While spetnaz gave the example of Superman being 96% and Juggernaut 98%. I think the actual percentage would be something more along the lines of 90/98. I could never see Superman coming out of taking a Godforce blast unphased like Juggernaut did. Another thing to add is the gem gives Superman an amazing Healing Factor.

Stamina: I don't think anyone can argue with this. Juggernaut has unlimited stamina, and a GL ring will eventually lose power.

Speed: Obviously the Juggernaut power contributes nothing to this, while a GL ring will obviously add something to his flying speed.

Versatility: No contest GL ring is by far the best. Still one mus think Superman already comes with a huge versatile powerset compared to many other characters.

Energy Attacks: Obviously the Ring will give Superman a much wider range of attacks, and uses for energy. Still there is something to be said about containing vast reserves of never ending magical energy you can release in the form of a super powered Heat Vision attack.

Weaknesses: Now this is something that is very important to note about what better helps Superman. When someone gain the Juggernaut power they become immune to effects of quite a bit. It could very well seem that Superman would lose all of his weaknesses in this, and even if he doesn't he retains vast magical powers at his disposal.

On the other hand we have seen how a ring's deals with Superman's weaknesses, or someone similar. When Yat was poisoned with Lead it took everything his ring could do to contain it and keep it from hurting him. This was him with the Ion power to boot. This left Yat extremely weak and relying solely on his diminishing natural powers. To date this is the only example we can show of how a ring would protect against a Daxamite's or Kyrptonian's weaknesses, and it didn't bold well for them.

I think that about covers it up for how the normal proptieries of each item would help Superman.

Now into the theory part of what each one could do for Superman. Many are talking about the willpower aspect of the ring and how it could make Superman a god. People tend to forget that the Gem is a willpower based item as well, and ha been used by other people to great effect in making someone versatile. It has opened rifts in time before. Been used to bring things to life. In the hands of some like Superman the gem could give him so much more in terms of power.

Now I think in the end which one helps Superman depends entirely upon what you feel helps him him more.

IF you think Superman could use something that makes much more versatile then he already is, and gives him far more control over forces then he had before. Something that would give greater fine tuning options. The ring would be an amazing thing.

But on the same note if you think Superman could benefit from being a totally unstoppable, unrelenting, magical force, then the gem is the way to go.

Cause honestly Superman without his weaknesses, with absolute invulnerability, unending stamina, and vast magical reserves of destructive energy is a very scary individual indeed.

Erik-Lensherr
Such short posts on this thread.

Anyway, Superman w/ring would win.

Starscream M
Spetsnatz is simply wrong

Superman's invulnerability is not 96% to Jugg's 98%.

Juggz can not be physically harmed. So for physical attacks, Juggs invulnerability is at 100%, you can't be more invulnerable than he is.

Whereas Superman is not even on Thanos level, or Doomsday level...DD being 98% and Thanos being 95%. Superman's level of invulnerability is about 91%. So he actually benefits greatly in durability with the gem.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Starscream M
Spetsnatz is simply wrong

Superman's invulnerability is not 96% to Jugg's 98%.

Juggz can not be physically harmed. So for physical attacks, Juggs invulnerability is at 100%, you can't be more invulnerable than he is.

Whereas Superman is not even on Thanos level, or Doomsday level...DD being 98% and Thanos being 95%. Superman's level of invulnerability is about 91%. So he actually benefits greatly in durability with the gem.

Correct, not to mention that his invulnerability aura decreases along with his stored energy levels.

big juggy man
I was out of the country for the weekend, so this is the soonest i could respond to your comments. My apologies for the protracted response.

i) First of all, learn how to format. For a moment there I was wondering why you had retyped my entire post. Formatting is quite simple.

ii) Your post was actually quite humorous. I assume you are a Juggernaut fan (so am I, he is in my top 15), which is probably why your response was so visceral (although you should put more thought and less heart into your posts). You made several claims that were totally off base, while all the while saying that i was pulling 'crap out of my butt.' All i can say to that is better out of my butt rather than out of my head, but let me touch on some of the things you said.

iii) You asked why i was comparing the level of invulnerability that the gem would bestow on Superman vs what Superman ALREADY had. That is quite simple. Superman is basically invulnerable ....the thing is in comics their is 'invulnerable,' then there is 'invulnerable.'

A character like the Thing is invulnerable, but he is not as invulnerable as Superman is. Superman is quite invulnerable, but he is not invulnerable in the same way that Thanos is. Thanos is invulnerable, but he is not as invulnerable in the same way that Mr. Mxypltk is. Mr. Mxypltk is invulnerable, but he is not as invulnerable as the Presence is.

Now, Superman is quite invulnerable. He is basically totally resilient against everything but kryptonite (which he has slowly been building resistance to), high-end magic and associative reality bending (e.g. 5th dimension stuff), and red solar radiation (which makes his body unable to access yellow-solar radiation stored in his cells). It can also be said that he is vulnerable to attacks from beings at a certain level of power. Apart from that he is totally resilient.

Now, the gem of Cyttorak would make him resistance against kryptonite, and it would also protect him against red solar energy (and even if the wavelenth shut off his kryptonian powers, he would still have the powers of the Juggernaut ....even though he couldn't fly or do anything else apart from what juggernaut can currently do). However, he would still have problems against high-level magic users, as well as against beings more powerful than Cyttorak (the entity Cyttorak is very powerful, but he is very FAR from omnipotence).

iv) You also said that the gem made Marko, a human, be exceedingly powerful. And that it would thus make Superman, to use your words, 'almost unstoppable.' Are you trying to insinuate that if the gem can make a human (Cain) superhuman, then it would make a superhuman 'super-duper-trooper-human?' Because that is not how the gem of Cyttorak works.

What it does is that it is a boon ....a boon from the entity Cyttorak that bestows the person with one or more of his attributes. In Cain's case incredible strength and durability. It did not add Cyttorak's gifts on TOP of Marko's ....it made Marko into an AVATAR of Cyttorak.

Superman would become an avatar of Cyttorak, although he would also have his normal kryptonian based powers. Note: The original poster spoke of only invulnerability and a magical shield, not dimension warping and other stuff (which you started bringing in the latter part of your post, talking about Trion/8th day Juggernaut ....but more on that later)

v) You also speak about Superman not having to breath or eat if he got the gem. Please explain to me what would happen if a solar-powered being, like Superman, with an energy ring that enabled him to construct a suit-construct that continously soaked him in yellow-solar radiation, would be? Would he be eating or breathing (and anyways, the ring can provide nourishment ...although that would not be needed in such a case).

vi) You bring up all these others powers that the gem can bestow, but this is what the original poster stated:

''Superman with a magical invulnerability and forcefield vs. Superman with a ring that makes him as strong as his willpower and grants him a nifty variety of powers.

Which one would win?''

He asked if a Superman with the gem, which will give him MAGICAL INVULNERABILITY AND FORCEFIELD can win against a Superman who has a ring that MAKES HIM AS STRONG AS HIS WILLPOWER as well as GRANTING HIM A NIFTY VARIETY OF POWERS.'

Are you insane!

You are comparing a Superman that, on top of his already formidable powers, has perfect invulnerability ONLY against a Superman that, on top of his already formidable powers, has an artefact that allows him to garner ANY POWER HE CAN IMAGINE!

Meaning he (based on what the ring has done in the past) can have anything from matter transmutation to portal opening to containment shields that could withhold an exploding star to telepathy to reality manipulation and illusion to functioning constructs.

And talking about functioning constructs, again i bring up the armor thing (which Hal has done), although in this case the ring is soaking Superman in solar energy. That is basically a sun-dipped Kryptonian, who on top of that is able to think in the language of the spheres (read 'JLA: Trial by Fire' to see what that is).

Superman, with the ring, would be a NEAR pre-crisis level Kryptonian (due to solar soak), with warping and transmutation powers, who could even win the fight as easily as simply BFRing the Jugger-Superman.

Jugger-Superman, per what the original poster stated, would simply be a normal Superman who not has PERFECT physical invulnerability.

This is not even a contest.

You just gave Superman all the powers that he did not already have (e.g the energy related powers), and on top of that amped up ALL of the powers he already has (not just invulnerability, as the gem would do, but also all his other abilities).

A Superman who is ('just') totally invulnerable, vs a Superman who is also totally invulnerable (thanks to his willpower and the ring), but also has basically ANY super power that he can imagine!

Again, it would be like Spiderman being asked to choose between having the additional powers of Venom, or the additional powers of Magneto.

And don't get me wrong ...I admire Jugz. It is just that here you have a match between a near-god who now has the invulnerability of a god (if you assume the entity Cyttorak is one), versus a near-god who just received enough powers to make him an actual god.

He could BFR Jugger-Superman with a simple thought

Lol going off on me in a fantasy comic book character forum? Get the hell out of here. I type quick and post quick because i am on a crappy computer with dial up but anyway everything you say is your opinion. Have we seen Superman with the Gem? So neither of know how it would work do we? It all depends of the writers and how they would want to convey Superman with the Gem

How many of the Green Laterns do you think could survive a direct shot from Thors Odin blast? If any Green Latern was reduced to a skeleton would he survive? I doubt any would but Cain Marko with the Gem of Cyttorak can. Cyttorak could feed Superman power until he turned into Trion Superman is that is what Cyttorak desire. But hey you have your opinions and I have mine. Since i doubt Superman will ever have the Gem of Cyttorak so neither of us will ever find out.

Don't you people find it funny when some loser on here think they can bother you by typing some harsh words in a comic book forum? Maybe if you got laid a few times you would stop taking this crap serious.

marwash22
who's GL Ring?

Dark-Jaxx
Spetznaz....Why are all your posts like 20 paragraph essays?

OneDumbG0
He could BFR Jugger-Superman with a simple thoughtPer forum rules, if the character can make it back to the battlefield under his own power, then a BFR would not be a win. Just fyi. And the Gem of Cytorrak has other uses too other than granting classic Juggernaut powers of strength, defense and unstoppability. Some kid named Stevie used it for force-blasts, animating statues, and for telepathy also. Apparently, Cain's subconscious doesn't allow him to fully utilize it or he's just dumber then some kid to know how?

Erik-Lensherr

Quote properly.

CaptainStoic
I think this thread lost it's magic after the first wall of text, it made me want to run away screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOO not the wall!

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Spetznaz....Why are all your posts like 20 paragraph essays?

He is compensating.

Avlon
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

funny seeing spetz's version of 'going off on someone!'

well said, as usual. ring wins, if for no other reason than instant bfr win. at WORST the ring would allow a physical draw 10/10. depends on whether you believe superman's will could overcome the gem's shield or the 'unstoppability' the gem grants.

hard to imagine either one scoring a ko win in this. t-vo could be used against either as well.

I agree with both Spetz and you on this one.

Supes with the ring ftw.

Superman's insane willpower along with such a versatile weapon add up to many many possibilities.

Though they could T-vo each other and then it would be a stalemate.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Avlon
I agree with both Spetz and you on this one.

Supes with the ring ftw.

Superman's insane willpower along with such a versatile weapon add up to many many possibilities.

Though they could T-vo each other and then it would be a stalemate.

DVR FTW.

Avlon
Originally posted by illadelph12
DVR FTW.

9EVxI0uGzeY

Damn right. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.