Rampage Vs. Forrest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
Who do you think's gonna win ? I personally can't tell since Forrest Griffin is extremely unpredictable I mean who could've guessed that je was gonna crush Shogun the way he did.

Dr. Leg Kick
we already have a mixed martial arts thread.

Forrest is not unpredicatble. his style is fairly easy to adapt to, since he has no specialty. He's manily a brawler with good skills in every aspect.

Shogun had a knee injury and was not fully prepared. In a rematch, a healthy Shogun would defeat Forrest. Shogun is still going through surgery and recovery. That knee of his is really messed up.

as for this match up, Rampage via TKO round 2. as long as Rampage doesn't take Forrest lightly.

Elite Hunter
I want Forrest to win but I think Rampage wins by TKO him early in the 3rd round.

StyleTime
I am also going with Rampage here.

Elite Hunter
In the end I guess, I want to see a fight that has the potential to be the fight of the year.

Pablo G
I wanna see a brawl like Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonner at the 1st TUF finale or Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva that last one was all that I wanted it to be.

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Pablo G
I wanna see a brawl like Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonner at the 1st TUF finale or Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva that last one was all that I wanted it to be. i would not want to see this being a sloppy brawl like Griffin vs Bonnar.

i'd rather see this being more like Rampage vs Henderson or Barnett vs Nogueira. those were real wars.

StyleTime
I highly doubt Rampage vs Griffin will look anything like Griffin vs Bonnar. If anyone is just looking for a slugfest, I think they'll be very disappointed.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I want Forrest to win but I think Rampage wins by TKO him early in the 3rd round.

I want Forrest to win so bad. He's such a cool fighter. That said, I think Rampage is gonna win.I say 2nd rd stoppage. Ill give him enough credit to last one round.

Dark-Jaxx
I would say Rampage.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I want Forrest to win so bad. He's such a cool fighter.

Both are cool/funny guys, I liked it when Forrest shot/trapped Rampage with a net gun on the Ultimate Fighter.

Pablo G
Originally posted by StyleTime
I highly doubt Rampage vs Griffin will look anything like Griffin vs Bonnar. If anyone is just looking for a slugfest, I think they'll be very disappointed.

Yeah I know since Rampage is more of a ground and pound however that's the kinda fights I like, btw I thought Rampage vs. Henderson wasn't all that.

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Pablo G
Yeah I know since Rampage is more of a ground and pound however that's the kinda fights I like, btw I thought Rampage vs. Henderson wasn't all that.

Rampage vs Henderson was one of the most adept fights i have seen since Barnett vs Nogueria (I and II).

Henderson and Rampage had so many transitions on the ground that you would rarely see in any other mma fight. The striking was impressive as well. Both fighters were taking punishment but both were displaying so much heart and determination for the belt.

I actually thought Henderson won, but it was too close to call.

this fight defined mixed martial arts. simple as that.

Darth Vicious
Both are cool/funny guys, I liked it when Forrest shot/trapped Rampage with a net gun on the Ultimate Fighter.

laughing That clip doesnt get old!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1faOFxEF_XI

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
laughing That clip doesnt get old!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1faOFxEF_XI

Him and his assistant chicken faced coach..........He netted me on national tv laughing

Darth Creasy
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Rampage vs Henderson was one of the most adept fights i have seen since Barnett vs Nogueria (I and II).

Henderson and Rampage had so many transitions on the ground that you would rarely see in any other mma fight. The striking was impressive as well. Both fighters were taking punishment but both were displaying so much heart and determination for the belt.

I actually thought Henderson won, but it was too close to call.

this fight defined mixed martial arts. simple as that.

Very knowledgeable post...do you train Doc?

BruceSkywalker
I hope Rampage beats him down

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Darth Creasy
Very knowledgeable post...do you train Doc? i grew up with martial arts, and i started watching PrideFC around 03', but since it wasn't that big, i wasn't too into it. hope that made sense lol

i trained in JJ and Judo for a short time as a kid, but since the dojo was so far from home, i HAD to take up Karate and Tae Kwon Do. i LOVED it. the competitions were fun and i loved the sparring practices (just not when i had to spar with a girl, i would get so shy)

for the past few years, i've been trying to take up muay thai but school and work take up too much of my schedule. since i'm not planning on ever being a fighter, and for the most part im not a violent guy, i dont plan on taking any training too seriously

Elite Hunter
i loved the sparring practices (just not when i had to spar with a girl, i would get so shy)

Nah, admit you were afraid of losing to a girl, jk wink1

Darth Creasy
i grew up with martial arts, and i started watching PrideFC around 03', but since it wasn't that big, i wasn't too into it. hope that made sense lol

i trained in JJ and Judo for a short time as a kid, but since the dojo was so far from home, i HAD to take up Karate and Tae Kwon Do. i LOVED it. the competitions were fun and i loved the sparring practices (just not when i had to spar with a girl, i would get so shy)

for the past few years, i've been trying to take up muay thai but school and work take up too much of my schedule. since i'm not planning on ever being a fighter, and for the most part im not a violent guy, i dont plan on taking any training too seriously

Cool...me and a buddy I worked with were training to fight 3 years ago. He was training training BJJ with Carlson Gracie Sr (may he rest in peace) in Chicago and invited me down. Our plan was to train for until we were good enough to fight in local shows. I ended up hurting my shoulder twice in a span of 3 months and decided get in better shape before going back.

Then I got married...sadwalk

Dr. Leg Kick
Nah, admit you were afraid of losing to a girl, jk wink1 that too for sure.

Cool...me and a buddy I worked with were training to fight 3 years ago. He was training training BJJ with Carlson Gracie Sr (may he rest in peace) in Chicago and invited me down. Our plan was to train for until we were good enough to fight in local shows. I ended up hurting my shoulder twice in a span of 3 months and decided get in better shape before going back.

Then I got married...sadwalk try going back to training. once a week for a few hours is still better than nothing.

Darth Creasy
try going back to training. once a week for a few hours is still better than nothing.

I plan to eventually...Just recently rolled with a couple guys and I've got the bug again. Just gotta make time.

Corndog
There is no way Forrest can win this no matter if he is the way he usually is or if he screws everything over again.. Rampage has way too much skill and in ring experience not to win.. He is so strong..

Rampage easily..

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Corndog
There is no way Forrest can win this no matter if he is the way he usually is or if he screws everything over again.. Rampage has way too much skill and in ring experience not to win.. He is so strong..

Rampage easily.. in this sport, anything can happen. i'm giving Forrest a decent shot. Forrest can win with a really strong knee to Rampage's jaw, or even going for a submission.

i'm saying Rampage via TKO round 3.

Darth Creasy
I picked Rampage to whip Chuck but never in a million years by standing knockout. So anything can happen.

That said, there's a very good chance Rampage will give Forrest the beating of his life and win by ground and pound stoppage.

Darth Vicious
I know its very unlikely but I want Forrest to pull a very big upset.

Darth Creasy
I picked Rampage to whip Chuck but never in a million years by standing knockout. So anything can happen.

That said, there's a very good chance Rampage will give Forrest the beating of his life and win by ground and pound stoppage.

OMFG...Forrest just made me eat these words...Great f"kin fight.

Elite Hunter
I did not expect that fight to the judges, but I had a feeling that the judges thought Forrest won. Great fight and I want a rematch because that was great Happy Dance

Dr. Leg Kick
i watched the fight twice. my result was a DRAW twice.

i dont see how Rampage could have won, and i dont see how Forrest could have won.

a rematch in the future is a must.

Darth Vicious
i watched the fight twice. my result was a DRAW twice.

i dont see how Rampage could have won, and i dont see how Forrest could have won.

a rematch in the future is a must.

Hopefully they can set up a rematch soon and not have them fight someone else in between. Forrest is gonna be a marked man now.

Darth Creasy
The light heavyweight division is waaay too stacked not to do the rematch immediately...Even with beating Rampage it's hard for me to see a successful title defense for Forrest unless he fights Rashaad Evans next.

Also, if they don't do it immediately and he loses the title, a lot of people just won't care anymore.

Darth Vicious
Besides Rampage, I want Forrest to avenge his loss to Keith Jardine. He wont get careless again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.