Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
Thoughts on who's gonna win ? I personally think Cotto's gonna come out the victor since he's the better boxer but my heart's to my countryman Margarito.

Dr. Leg Kick
we already have a boxing thread. this goes for your rampage/forrest thread as well.

should be a great fight. Cotto is definitley the better overall boxer, but sometimes thats not enough to get you the win. Whoever comes in with the most heart and determination will win this.

Cotto via Decision

jaden101
smart money's on cotto...early stoppage...4 or 5

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by jaden101
smart money's on cotto...early stoppage...4 or 5 that early?

i dunno, if it's a stoppage it will probably be around 8 or 9

Pablo G
Sincerely doubt it's gonna be a stoppage man, Margarito's a warrior. If things go Maragarito's way he'll more likely KO Cotto but If he loses I'm pretty sure it's gonna be by decision.

Darth Vicious
I think its going to be a war but when all is said and done, Cotto wins by decision. While both have punching power, Cotto is the better fighter all around(speed, adapts well, fights smart). Its gonna be a great fight!

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Pablo G
Sincerely doubt it's gonna be a stoppage man, Margarito's a warrior. If things go Maragarito's way he'll more likely KO Cotto but If he loses I'm pretty sure it's gonna be by decision. i dont see Margarito KO'ing Cotto. Cotto has fluid body movements. He'll get rocked the most, but no KO.

Superboy Prime
Margarito is definitely a dangerous opponent, but Cotto is superior IMO. He has to fight Margarito with everything he has, and most likely he will given how he didn't take it easy on Gomez.

Pablo G
Yeah man the Gomez fight was dissapointing for us Mexicans I mean we all knew Gomez didn't had what it takes to beat Cotto but he was absolutely crushed man. After Pacquiao destroys that chicano David Diaz I hope Juan Diaz will pummel him.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Margarito is definitely a dangerous opponent, but Cotto is superior IMO. He has to fight Margarito with everything he has, and most likely he will given how he didn't take it easy on Gomez.

Cotto dont take it easy on no one.

Originally posted by Pablo G
Yeah man the Gomez fight was dissapointing for us Mexicans I mean we all knew Gomez didn't had what it takes to beat Cotto but he was absolutely crushed man. After Pacquiao destroys that chicano David Diaz I hope Juan Diaz will pummel him.

I knew Gomez wasnt going to win but I expected him to put up a fight. He wasnt a challenge for Cotto.

Pablo G
He didn't even look worthy enough to be a sparring partner.

Caps Conscience
Cotto by UD or late TKO stoppage. Tony throws alot of wide winging punches and leaves himself open alot of times. Cotto is very accurates and throws straight punches and I think that is what is going to make difference in this fight. Tony is going to have eat 3 to land one and that in not good thing when you are recieving those punches from Miguel Cotto.

Superboy Prime
I can't wait until its saturday

Darth Vicious
Hell Yeah! Counting the days already!

Tork
Wow Cotto lost in the 11th round. I'm sad and out of words...

guy222
I told my friends Antonio would win

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Tork
Wow Cotto lost in the 11th round. I'm sad and out of words...
Likewise. I thought he had the fight won or was even until that point. I didnt like the way he left. Hopefully he can regroup and learn from his loss.

Superboy Prime
He better learn. I must say Margarito is the man of steel.

Dr. Leg Kick
cheap shot!

but not taking anything away from Margaritto, he really impressed me.

Darth Vicious
It was a great fight. I think he shouldnt have traded as much with Margarito and he shouldve use body shots which surprisingly, he didnt hardly use. Margarito can take a punch.

Dr. Leg Kick
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0726/box_a_cotto_margarito3_sw_600.jpg

ouch

DigiMark007
Cotto's more skilled, but Margarito is just a brick wall. Dude has concrete for a chin. He just kept coming, and wore him down with his epic punch count (>100 every round).

Reminds me a bit of Kelly Pavlik in his style. Not without skill, but mainly just a battering ram with a high punch count and a rock solid chin.

jaden101
have to say it was a genuine surprise but fair play to him....best result of his career no doubt

Caps Conscience
Antonion Margarito is one tough SOB. WOW!

anaconda
indeed

Darth Vicious
He is tough indeed but beatable. If Cotto's nose wasnt f*ed up it wouldve been a different story. Im not taking anything away from Margarito, specially since it was him that f*ed up his nose. He is tough and he didnt gave me a reason to dislike him.

Anyways, Cotto said he wants to fight again before the year is up. I feel sorry for whoever he fights next.

guy222
Hopefully, Oscar doesn't step into the ring with Antonio

Darth Vicious
We know that aint gonna happen. He wants to go in a high note by knocking out a much smaller guy(Pacquio) and if he fought Margarito, he'll get KOed.

guy222
I'll take Manny if it happens

Filipino Pride

Sado22
thoughts on the Antonio using padded gloves theory? i honestly thought it was a good fight but Cotto was a bit too suspiciously shaken up from his punches later on. it wasn't like cotto to get shaken up is what i'm saying. and of course, the fact that tony actually used those gloves against Morsely naturally arouses suspicion.
such a shame that one of the best fights in a long time is marred with conspiracy now. dumbass antonio mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.