Selene vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-Geyser
I checked to see if this topic was created. There was only a team up.

Who would win to the death. Will it be Selene the Death Dealer and Heroine from the Underworld moves...or will it be Blade the Daywalker from the Blade movies.

I am saying everything can be used in this match guns, fists, swords and the fight could take place in the day since Selene can now walk the daylight. You can use all movies to base the outcome.

Who wins?

Blax_Hydralisk
Blade uses his manly black libido to get into that tight black suit of hers.

Joe_Fixit
Why fight her when you could try to hit it? laughing out loud

MightyEInherjar
Selene.

More speed than blade can handle.

Joe_Fixit
Plus, she was able to kill a vampire elder who fell an elder werewolf like it was nothing.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Blade uses his manly black libido to get into that tight black suit of hers. yes

percept
Well it's got to be blade. The reason being Blade is a vampire(half though) and moreover a woman cannot defeat a man.

Rogue Jedi
Selene is a vamp too.

Placidity
Selene will beat him into a pulp. Totally different league.

Rogue Jedi
Afraid not. Blade has the strength of a vampire too.

willofthewisp
Originally posted by percept
Well it's got to be blade. The reason being Blade is a vampire(half though) and moreover a woman cannot defeat a man.

You're kidding right? Selene's whooped a bunch of men. I have to give this one to her. She seems faster than Blade, and at times, more resourceful. But then I've only seen Blade Trinity, so maybe I just saw the crappy side of Blade.

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Afraid not. Blade has the strength of a vampire too.

That doesn't really say much. Since Vampires from Underworld are much stronger.

Lets go over Selene's feats. In the first movie, she kills Viktor.

Lets go over Viktor. He is one of the elder vampires like someone mentioned earlier. Viktor is at least around 800 years old. In the Underworld universe, Vampires become more powerful over time. This is quite evident when Viktor singlehandedly takes out two Lycans with a single punch.

Well, that doesn't mean anything unless we know how powerful a Lycan is. Well, in the first movie, Lycans are almost always stronger than Vampires, with the exception of Elders and Hybrids. They possess physical strength, durability, reflexes, and speed superior to those of vampires, and have been seen to power through solid concrete walls in Lycan form.

* A first-generation Lycan was able to send a fully armoured vampire flying at least ten feet through the wall of a villager's hut. These traits seem to apply even when the Lycans are in human form, as Lucian was seen to be able to catch a moving car, and subsequently survive being hit by it at point blank range with no injuries. Lycans can also use their claws and strength to scale sheer surfaces, having been seen to crawl along walls at great speed in pursuit of prey.

Lycans also possess superb physical resilience and remarkable regenerative abilities: both Lucian and Raze are wounded, by silver bullets and Selene's throwing stars respectively, yet they bear no marks or scars when they reappear later in the film. * (Taken from Wiki)

William Corvinus, the first Lycan is vastly more powerful than any of his Lycan descendants. However, he was no match for his Hybrid relative, Michael Corvin, who ripped his jaw apart, killing him.

Now, I hope I don't need to explain just how powerful Michael is. He even ressurected himself after he died.

Now, lets jump back to Viktor - Viktor was able to take Michael out. That just shows the extent of how powerful Viktor is.

-------

Now lets go through Underworld Evolution.

Near the beginning, Selene takes a blast from a shot gun at point blank range to her abdomen with no apparent effect. She's also seen to move fast enough to evade gun fire (and I don't mean jumping around doing somersaults , I mean actaully dodging the bullets). This shows her high level of durability, speed and regenerative abilities.

Later in the movie, Selene drinks blood from the first Immortal, Alexander Corvinus and becomes "the future". She is no longer simply a vampire, but something more. Subsequently she was able to defeat Marcus Corvinus, the most powerful Hybrid. She is also seen to be unaffected by daylight at the end of the movie, once again depicting her transformation into something more powerful.

Again, like the Lycans, I'm going to show how powerful Marcus Corvinus really is to draw meaningful comparisons.

In the beginning of the movie, Marcus is repeating shot (for at least 4-5 mins) by automatics, yet it had no ill effect. He was even shot in the head/face. He is more powerful than Michael, Viktor and his brother William, and thats really saying something.

With that said, Selene was able to physically overpower him, breaking his bladed wing with one hand.

- Now don't get me wrong, Vampires from the Blade series are still very powerful, but I just havent seem them anywhere near the levels of Vampire Elders / Hybrids from Underworld. Reapers are probably the exception. I mean even Dracula didn't seem to be much more powerful than the average Vampire in the movie. Deacon Frost with his new-found powers would probably be the most formidable opponent, yet I easily see Viktor, Michael or Marcus beating him.

I'm going to watch Underworld now! lol, then maybe come back and include something I missed.

Rogue Jedi
Question....Does Blade have UV rounds?

Utrigita
I have always seen the encounter between Michael and Viktor as inbalanced to be fair Michael was just beginning to learn of his powers and then meets one of the most powerful vampires in the movie.

Another thing, how inlogical as it may sound given Marcus manhandle of Michael, I believe Selene's comment towards him, makes out the possibility of him being the strongest of the Hybrids because he is the first of that kind.

For the Match itself, I'm leaning towards Selene, however all that equipment Blade is packing can turn out to be a major obstacle from my point of view, even though it wouldn't kill her, it would hurt her.

Dark-Jaxx
Here is the thing. Selene has no weapons that can one shot Blade, who has many weapons that can one shot her. The question is can he use them?

Placidity
Selene will just slice his head off. I really don't think Blade has anything that can "one-shot" Selene. She's no longer a pure Vampire after taking Alexander Corvinus' blood.

Marcus wasn't concerned about UV rounds, so why are we speculating that they would hurt Selene?

Dark-Jaxx
Oh poo, you are right.

Selene dominates.

Quiero Mota
They're both experts at unarmed combat who kill other vampires for a living, right? Well, I think Blade would win because he just has to spray her in the eyes with his garlic mace.

Joe_Fixit
Selene killed werewolves for a living. Also, since she's immune to sunlight, it's safe to assume she's immune to garlic as well.

Rogue Jedi
Blade is far superior woth a sword, IMO.

Joe_Fixit
Still, Selene could just light him up with bullets.

Rogue Jedi
And Blade could do the same.....point?

Placidity
Hey, read my post, it might tell you something abt the Underworld universe abit more.

Anyway, like I said before - Selene took a shotgun blast to the abdomen at point blank range, and she didn't even blink. That was before she drank the blood of the first and most powerful immortal, Alexander Corvinus. Needless to say, she transformed into something more powerful after that even beating Marcus, the first Vampire. Marcus took gun shots of all sorts repeatedly to the face/head yet he recovers almost immediately.

So no, Blade could not do the same to Selene.

Rogue Jedi
If she gets within range of Blades sword she is finished.

Placidity
hmm...you seem to only post baseless assertions. no expression

Rogue Jedi
How so? Its pretty straight forward, Blade is better then Selene with a sword. Therefore, if she gets within range of his sword, she is done.

Whats so hard to accept?

Joe_Fixit
How do we know she's better? We've yet to really see her truly use one, so, it's a baseless assumption. As I said, she could just light up Blade with bullets, as she seems to have better weaponry.

Rogue Jedi
Thats just it, we haven't SEEN her much with a sword, with Blade we HAVE.

Blade is better with a sword, end of story. MUCH better.

Dark-Jaxx
Thats just it, we haven't SEEN her much with a sword, with Blade we HAVE.

Blade is better with a sword, end of story. MUCH better. That is true. But physically, Selene>Blade, and has the better Healing factor as well.

Rogue Jedi
I just love the art of reasoning.

zig_zog
Originally posted by Harvey Two-Face
Plus, she was able to kill a vampire elder who fell an elder werewolf like it was nothing.
im sorry this is a totally invalid argument... ok, great selene killed a vampire eldar... good for her.... however (get ready...)
In the first film blade KILLS A VAMPIRE GOD... i think Frost after receiving his powers is waaaay stronger than viktor... point???
Blade 2- blade kills some weird mutated vampire which i admit is not that much of a big deal compared to what Selene does in the second underworld movie.
but now... blade 3- HE KILLS DRACULA- the father of all vampires, their god, their king, their allah, their DON.
and i can recall somebody saying that Selene has a better arsenal of weapons. you have got to be kidding me!!!!! have you seen the stuff whistler makes for him in the first movie??? I mean the sword itself is worth alot.... not to mention all the anti-vampire stuff that they use like that airborne weapon at the end of the 3rd movie, oh ye now i remember, thats what kills DRACULA... im sure it would "one shot" Selene as well.

Blade would litterally obliterate her... end of story
smokin'

Rogue Jedi
Did Blade ever tank a point blank shotgun blast to the torso? Nah.

zig_zog
However he did get all of his blood drained... twice and still managed to live

KingD19
Originally posted by zig_zog
im sorry this is a totally invalid argument... ok, great selene killed a vampire eldar... good for her.... however (get ready...)
In the first film blade KILLS A VAMPIRE GOD... i think Frost after receiving his powers is waaaay stronger than viktor... point???
Blade 2- blade kills some weird mutated vampire which i admit is not that much of a big deal compared to what Selene does in the second underworld movie.
but now... blade 3- HE KILLS DRACULA- the father of all vampires, their god, their king, their allah, their DON.
and i can recall somebody saying that Selene has a better arsenal of weapons. you have got to be kidding me!!!!! have you seen the stuff whistler makes for him in the first movie??? I mean the sword itself is worth alot.... not to mention all the anti-vampire stuff that they use like that airborne weapon at the end of the 3rd movie, oh ye now i remember, thats what kills DRACULA... im sure it would "one shot" Selene as well.

Blade would litterally obliterate her... end of story
smokin'

Get Ready...

In movie one, Blade gets his ass handed to him by Frost/La Magra...his saving grace is his serum.

In movie 2....Nomak lets Blade kill him, because living is agony.

In movie 3........Get Ready, Blade kills Dracula with a formula made to kill pure blooded vampires.

Blade didn't take any of them down on strength or skill, he always had outside help.

Oh, and we never saw the airborne virus working on Underworld vamps...silver didn't work on them either, so chances are it's useless.

YOU JUST GOT SERVED SON!!!!!!

zig_zog
how so????
Selene had outside help as well... she sucks blood off a bunch of eldars... thats one... two... in the second film she gets absolutely obliterated and her "saving grace" is her precious boyfriend.
Without whoom she would have also been killed in the 1st film...
dude whoever you are... your reasoning is a bit off... facts are facts...
blade kills Frost and Dracula... Selene kills a vampire eldar in the first film (although she didn't really do it but we will give her that one cause she helped) and in th second film she kills a mutated batman
so dude you just dug yourself a hole... time to put the shovel away now

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
Get Ready...

In movie one, Blade gets his ass handed to him by Frost/La Magra...his saving grace is his serum.

In movie 3........Get Ready, Blade kills Dracula with a formula made to kill pure blooded vampires.

Blade didn't take any of them down on strength or skill, he always had outside help.

Oh, and we never saw the airborne virus working on Underworld vamps...silver didn't work on them either, so chances are it's useless.

YOU JUST GOT SERVED SON!!!!!! That......was.......awesome.......

KingD19
Yeah Selene sucked off the original Corvinus....but she killed Markus by beating his ass and smashing him into the chopper blades. And he's not an Elder, he's the original Immortal, and the only person she drank from.

In the original movie, Michael kept Viktor busy for a while, but then he started getting his ass handed to him, and Selene sliced his head off.

Blade never took down any high ranked character without help from another person or plot device.

Movie 1 : Serum
Movie 2: Nomak himself
Movie 3: Abigail Whistler and her arrow filled with vampire killer.

Let's look at Selene.

Movie 1: Killed Viktor by herself.
Movie 2: Killed Markus by herself.

zig_zog
K thats a fair point... but there is no way That viktor would kill blade and as show in the movie he almost did that to selene before her bf showed up. Blade kill vampires without flinching... he has a much greater arsenal of weapons, his main con is that he doesnt drink blood but instead he takes injections, inhalors and all the rest. When he drank blood of an ordnary woman in the first film did you see what he did to everyone in that temple???!!!!
oh ye and with frost.... blade like chopped his arms off a million times and cut him in half in the space of about a minute and frost was still smiling.
I take the point that in the second film the main mutant kills himself but how many did blade kill before that?
the ain point here is that the "bosses" that blade fight are much more poweful than the one's of Selene... am i right??

KingD19
Blade could have manhandled those vampires in the temple before he drank her blood...because Blade is L33t compared to every vampire in the series except 3...La Magra, Nomak, and Dracula.

Frost was still smiling because he was a blood god and had rapid regeneration...Blade killed him by overloading him with serum...which for some reason effected a god.

So to conclude...Blade is a 10 on the scale, the big three are like 20's, and every other vampire in the series is like a 2, considering humans like Abigail and Hannibal were taking them out with ease.

the ninjak
Yeah Selene sucked off the original Corvinus....

I wanna be her Corvinus.

Selene is in a different league than Blade.

Rogue Jedi
Big time. Bullet timer.

Wei Phoenix
Get Ready...

You forgot to mention how Selene would lose in the same scenario against Frost since he was regenerating limbs and wounds nearly as soon as they were made. The serum was what helped, Selene with standard equipment wouldn't get past that healing factor, so this example doesn't discredit Blade at all. The others don't really matter either. Blade was going head to head with Dracula, matching him in swordplay and H2H (IIRC), the fact that the cure killed him is irrelevant, they were fighting evenly the whole time.

Selene killed Viktor after the other guy kept him occupied. Viktor was choking out hybrid guy, she got off the ground, picked up a sword and got him with a surprise hit.

Tron
Yeah Selene sucked off the original Corvinus....but she killed Markus by beating his ass and smashing him into the chopper blades. And he's not an Elder, he's the original Immortal, and the only person she drank from.

In the original movie, Michael kept Viktor busy for a while, but then he started getting his ass handed to him, and Selene sliced his head off.

Blade never took down any high ranked character without help from another person or plot device.

Let's look at Selene.

Movie 1: Selene killed Viktor while he was occupied with Michael. Prior to that, she was manhandled.
Movie 2: She beat Markus after drinking Alexander's blood. Before that, she was manhandled.

Just wanted to make that clear before the debate continued.

And, for those that weren't paying attention, it was the serum that Blade killed Frost with, it was the anticoagulant that Karen gave him.

Kaibs
I don't know who'd win I'll have to think about it, but I don't know why people are assuming Selene:

1) wins with ease

2) didn't have help in her victories

0mega Spawn
as much as i would rather blade to win she has shown great speed and seems to glide/fly something like that you see it in underworld 2 when shes in that forrest being chased by those cops

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
I don't know who'd win I'll have to think about it, but I don't know why people are assuming Selene:

1) wins with ease

2) didn't have help in her victories Selene is faster. Selene took a point blank shotgun blast and barely noticed it.

Kaibs
Selene is faster. Selene took a point blank shotgun blast and barely noticed it.

Point blank shotgun blast? In what movie? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I don't remember it either.

Placidity
Point blank shotgun blast? In what movie? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I don't remember it either.

Underworld 2. Early in the film, where Michael gets pursued by the cops in the forest.

DarkNemesis
Yeah, it's a little over 27 minutes into the movie.

0mega Spawn
well to be fair that shotgun didnt have silver bullets so really not worth mentioning let that have been 1 of blades shotguns laughing

Kaibs
Originally posted by Placidity
Underworld 2. Early in the film, where Michael gets pursued by the cops in the forest.

Oh okay I remember. Jaja.

Meh.. Blade's been shot too though... and he's also been staked twice.

Rogue Jedi
Blade has never taken a shotgun blast like that.

Kaibs
And Selene has never been staked twice

Rogue Jedi
Dude, she took the full force of a 12 gauge shotgun blast to the abdomen and barely noticed it.

Kaibs
Yeah it was a regular shotgun blast though. IDK. I'm still up in the air about who'd win. I'll have to watch one of the Underworld movies later I suppose.

the ninjak
Selene's Russian soldier scene + Blood Generation amp = win.

Placidity
Yeah it was a regular shotgun blast though. IDK. I'm still up in the air about who'd win. I'll have to watch one of the Underworld movies later I suppose.

Oh yea, only a regular shotgun blast pointblank, as opposed to a BFG 9000.

Blade being staked?

How about try it in the freaking chest @ 1:25!

wpxhO1m8lgs

Kaibs
Touche sir. Touche. I totally forgot about him wing stabbing her.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah it was a regular shotgun blast though. IDK. I'm still up in the air about who'd win. I'll have to watch one of the Underworld movies later I suppose. You ever see a redneck shoot a toilet with a gauge?

Placidity
You ever see a redneck shoot a toilet with a gauge?

You mean like this?

UY7bASdy07k

Rogue Jedi
Mhm.

sun wukongoku
Get Ready...

movie one that was still his own serum part of his weapons

movie two Namak could no longer fight back as he didn't have any strenght left meanwhile Blade was able to carry his sister into the sun (harsh dude)

movie 3 he handled Dracula well in the sword fight who was a Vampire elder.

You are hypocritical for saying Blade had help Yet Selene clearly didn't beat enemies with her own hands (movie two the vamp was shoved into a helecoptor lame)

YOU JUST PROVE YOURSELF STUPID SON!!!!!

sun wukongoku
Get Ready...

You just repeated the same wrong BS from the guy before you honestly you are stupid as hell allow me to educate your damaged head.

movie one that was still his own serum part of his weapons

movie two Namak could no longer fight back as he didn't have any strenght left meanwhile Blade was able to carry his sister into the sun (harsh dude)

movie 3 he handled Dracula well in the sword fight who was a Vampire elder.

You are hypocritical for saying Blade had help Yet Selene clearly didn't beat enemies with her own hands (movie two the vamp was shoved into a helecoptor lame)

YOU JUST PROVE YOURSELF STUPID SON!!!!!

sun wukongoku

Let's look at Selene.

I think something is very wrong with your education let me help your poor skills.

Movie 1: his weapon
Movie 2: Blade headbutted him then stabbed him then Nomak couldn't fight back as he was crawling yet Blade was able to carry his dying sister into the Sun (Harsh man)
Movie 3: Blade kicked ass at the start before Drake transformed.

Now don't cry once I tell you this about Selene

Movie 1: Viktor kicked her ass throughout and she never was able to beat him ever.

Movie 2: Helecoptor killed Marcus lame.

KingD19
So you bump a 2 year old thread just to take a stab at me in three separate posts which all basically say the same thing? And you're still wrong?

1. The serum was not Blade's weapon. It's what he used to keep his blood thirst in check. It reacted harshly with La Magra and he blew up after Blade OD'd him. If not for the Serum, Blade would have died. Fact.

2. Watch the final fight. Blade stabbed him, and fell over. Nomak could have pulled the blade out and kept fighting, but he pushed it in to kill himself. Fact.

3. Watch the final fight. Blade had a slight advantage in the swordplay department and got a few good hits when Drake got in too close, then he kicked him across the room. Drake came back and slammed him through the floor, then he transformed and proceeded to beat him like a step child. Then girl Whistler distracted him with the arrow, which he caught by the way. Then when she shot him, Blade stabbed him with the cure.

All three of his fights, he had assistance in one form or another. He never straight up beat them.

As for Selene. Yeah, Viktor tore her up a lot in the movie, but who got his head sliced off in the end?

And the chopper blades killed Marcus, but Selene had Elder Corvinus' blood in her and was more powerful than Marcus as she essentially fought evenly with him, then overpowered him and pushed him towards the blades, then ripped his wing off after he stabbed her, jabbed him in the brain with it, and pushed him into the blades.

marwash22
Selene Wins this.

KingD19
Especially after some of the stunts she pulled in the latest movie.

marwash22
yeah, she knocked over a moving van at one point by shoulder rushing it.

Trackz
So you bump a 2 year old thread just to take a stab at me in three separate posts which all basically say the same thing? And you're still wrong?

1. The serum was not Blade's weapon. It's what he used to keep his blood thirst in check. It reacted harshly with La Magra and he blew up after Blade OD'd him. If not for the Serum, Blade would have died. Fact.

2. Watch the final fight. Blade stabbed him, and fell over. Nomak could have pulled the blade out and kept fighting, but he pushed it in to kill himself. Fact.

3. Watch the final fight. Blade had a slight advantage in the swordplay department and got a few good hits when Drake got in too close, then he kicked him across the room. Drake came back and slammed him through the floor, then he transformed and proceeded to beat him like a step child. Then girl Whistler distracted him with the arrow, which he caught by the way. Then when she shot him, Blade stabbed him with the cure.

All three of his fights, he had assistance in one form or another. He never straight up beat them.

As for Selene. Yeah, Viktor tore her up a lot in the movie, but who got his head sliced off in the end?

And the chopper blades killed Marcus, but Selene had Elder Corvinus' blood in her and was more powerful than Marcus as she essentially fought evenly with him, then overpowered him and pushed him towards the blades, then ripped his wing off after he stabbed her, jabbed him in the brain with it, and pushed him into the blades.

"As for Selene. Yeah, Viktor tore her up a lot in the movie, but who got his head sliced off in the end?"

this part in particular seems a bit hypocritical, especially considering the way you're discounting Blade's feats.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the discrepancy is here. Blade was beating most of his opponents physically but was unable to kill them due to their incredible healing abilities. So I'm not sure why we're discounting the wins he got once he demonstrated physical equality or superiority and received a means to beat his opponents.

In the case of Selene, she indirectly beat Markus as well. She demonstrated that she was able to hang with him but then she used the helicopter blades to finish him off, same was Blade used serum to kill of deacon frost/drake and the sword strike to finish of Nomak.

As for Victor, I don't see how we can count that for Selene at all. Victor was fighting michael for the whole fight, Selene just chopped his head off when he wasn't looking. How are these two fights more impressive than Blades?

I'm not talking about the rest of their feats, but in terms of their final fights in general, Blade's seem to be superior.

Trackz
Also, what's the ruling on TV feats if the movie and tv character are in the same universe?

Blade has a couple of feats from his tv series and he's supposed to be the same Blade as the one in the movies.

marwash22
Originally posted by Trackz
Blade was beating most of his opponents physically but was unable to kill them due to their incredible healing abilities. So I'm not sure why we're discounting the wins he got once he demonstrated physical equality or superiority and received a means to beat his opponents. that is just plain false. Frost, Nomak and Drake were all his superior's physically.

Blade was a better fighter than Frost, but got dominated because Frost was faster and stronger and had haxx regen.

Blade was a better fighter than Nomak, but got dominated because Nomak was stronger and had superior physiology.

Blade was neither stronger, faster or a better fighter than Drake and only won that fight due to shitty writing and cis.

Trackz
Originally posted by marwash22
that is just plain false. Frost, Nomak and Drake were all his superior's physically.

Blade was a better fighter than Frost, but got dominated because Frost was faster and stronger.

Blade was a better fighter than Nomak, but got dominated because Nomak was stronger and had superior physiology.

Blade was neither stronger, faster or a better fighter than Drake and only won that fight due to shitty writing and cis.

Debatable.

In their initial fight, Blade proved to be just as fast/strong as Frost. Frost amped his speed, but didn't show to be any stronger than Blade was.

In the case of nomak, they were pretty even, the only difference was Nomak's incredible durability. Blade grew weary and slowed over the duration of the fight, but Nomak didn't display any feats of strength/speed that surpassed Blades. Nomak just had incredible healing.

In the final case, it seemed Blade was all-around better than Drakes first form.

If you apply the same level of scrutiny to Selene's fights you could say she won against Victor and Marcus due to bad writing and CIS.

sun wukongoku

Judging by your comment in the other thread you are trying to put me out as immature for replying to your two year old comment.

The funniest thing you replied XD Happy Dance

About Nomak fight you are forgetting Blade had enough strenght to walk which means he could use his last strenght to kick the sword in more. Look at Nomak he was hurt just by looking at the sword in him how much time would he have to pull it out.

And you are still pushing aside the fact Viktor was holding down michael when it happened.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.