Exar Kun vs Rot Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
who would win? wink

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by skywalker833
who would win? wink

I would venture to say Kun has more dark side knowledge and techniques as well as his amulets. I'm not sure who has more raw force abilities as they both appear equal. But yea Kun wins the force duel. He also wins the saber duel seeing as how Bane was absolutely ****ed when Kas'im introduced a new style against him, and Kun's style was unique and died with him.

Master Crimzon
Excellent thread wink

Saber Duel- While it's certainly true that Bane was screwed up when Kas'im introduced a new style, Exar Kun utilizies a double-bladed lightsaber in a particularly unorthodox manner, which means it's different than Kas'im's technique- however, seeing as both are, ultimately, double-bladed lightsabers, there's bound to be some similarity between the techniques used to employ. In addition, Bane has considerably more experience since PoD and has the advantage of both being exceptionally physically powerful, quite fast, and in possession of the ludicrious orbalisks- overall, it would appear like Bane has the advantage here. He takes the saber fight.

Force Duel- While Bane possesses a plethora of knowledge and a great grasp on the dark side, Kun possesses his ludicrious amulet blasts (see the parallel to Bane's orbalisks?). It would appear to me that virtue of his amulet blasts, Kun takes the force fight.

The all-out? I'm undecided.

Chick Magnet
Saber fight Bane wins even though by RoT he's pretty trash with a saber: He has to worry about ZERO defense at all and yet he can't kill these Jedi with anything even resembling haste. Buts its not like Kun is uber with a saber anyways.

Force: I'm divided. Yes I know you all hype Kuns amulet blasts beyond belief but what everyone fails to notice is the little passage saying that every time he uses them in rapid succession he losses more and more control over himself, to the point where its starts hurting him to fire them.

Elite Hunter
Sabers I'm leaning towards Bane due to the orbalisks. Force I'm leaning towards Kun besides the amulet blasts kun could use the ebony lightning that his spirit and kyp used on Luke which if recall correctly the narrator said that none of the defenses tried by Luke(post DE) worked. All out could really go either way.

Lightsnake
Saber? Bane has shown us FAR more than Kun.

As for force, the amulets are almost immaterial here since Bane is fast enough to dodge them and possibly strong enough to tank them...and his force defenses are good enough to possibly handle Kun's lightning. His Dark Side knowledge far surpasses Kun's as well. He knows about everything Kun knows and more, had over five times the time of study with sources as Nadd's Holocron, Belia Darzu's and Revan's...

Yeah, Bane.

Faunus
Agreed for the most part. But he certainly can't 'tank' the amulet blasts, unless he likes being headless.

Lightsnake
provided it only strikes his body, of course...given how they start.

Master Crimzon
Lightsnake, a few questions:

1. How good, exactly, is Exar Kun's Force Lightning? Is it anything special?
2. How fast do amulet blasts move? Do we know for certain that Bane can move fast enough to dodge them?
3. Do they get summoned instantly, or does it take some time to charge them (referring to the Amulet Blasts?)

Thank you.

Faunus
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Lightsnake, a few questions:

1. How good, exactly, is Exar Kun's Force Lightning? Is it anything special?I believe a sourcebook noted him as being a 'master of Force lightning.'
Fast. They're violent energy blasts, and he could probably dodge them at a distance. Up close, with his build, I doubt it.
A neophyte Kun got pissed off, and they just started blasting out, so very little 'prep-time' is needed.

Master Crimzon
Hmm... going by that information, I think it's plausible to say that Exar Kun will win the force fight- while he might have more knowledge, Exar Kun's amulet blasts and apparently- according to you- potent force lightning may be able to put a painful end to Bane in a pure force match.

Other than that, I can't see Kun winning an all-out fight because of Bane's considerable force prowess (which exceeds Kun's own- Kun can only win virtue of his amulet blasts), superior ability with a saber, and his orbalisks- unless he can pull an amulet blast while in close-quarters combat with Bane. If that happens, Bane's dead- however, if it doesn't happen, I can't see Kun winning.

My conclusion is that Bane would take this 7-8 times out of 10.

Lightsnake
And Bane is capable of lashing out with the Force as well...he could easily send Kun flying before he gets a blast off, or force Kun into defense.

Tangible God
I'd give Bane the match only for experience. If he can dodge or survive Kun's excessive use of the amulet he should be able to get him.

skywalker833
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Excellent thread wink

thankyou big grin

Darth Exodus
What your all forgetting is that Bane's orbalisks might just absorb the blasts. Those blasts are concentrated darkside energy, which is what the orbalisks feed off. Theres always the possibility that he could absorb them, or that they just wouldn't get through the orbalisks. Thoughts?

Darth Sexy
Unless the orbalisks are stronger than a temple, Bane is going to be vaporized.

Darth Exodus
Well, as lightsabers can cut through a temple (obviously not all of it) and not the orbalisks, I'm inclined to say that yes, yes they are.

Darth Sexy
Cutting through the temple is different than vaporizing a temple, blowing holes through anything. Unless you have any kind of proof the orbalisks could absorb this much energy, I'll pass your claim off as ludicrous.

Tangible God
If the energy blasts are like pure dark side, then I think the orbalisks could withstand them. Not for long, but enough to give Bane the edge. Add to that the possibility of Bane being able to soften the impact of the blast...

Darth Subjekt
What if Bane just moves a moons and crushes Kun with it?

I'm just kidding. no expression

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
What if Bane just moves a moons and crushes Kun with it?

I'm just kidding. no expression Your Sidious avatar makes so much sense now... Neb....

Woah. I'm having a Keyser Soze moment.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by Tangible God
Your Sidious avatar makes so much sense now... Neb....

Woah. I'm having a Keyser Soze moment. He isn't neb...

Darth Exodus
Not really, the intensity would have to be the same, but the blats would have to be bigger. And, anyway, Bane can blow up a temple with sheer forcepower, so he could likely black the blasts or simply crush Kun. The blasts and Bane's Fpush are about equal so they have an equal chance of killing each other, its just that Bane has protection, where Kun doesn't.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Tangible God
Your Sidious avatar makes so much sense now... Neb....

Woah. I'm having a Keyser Soze moment.

Dude you should damn well know that I of all people am no Nebaris. I've had the same name for about 4 years now and you and i frequented the same threads back in the day.

That was more of a knock at Neb. Thought it was obvious.

Thanks kadesh... didn't know that was you at first.

Schwarzenegger

Thanks kadesh... didn't know that was you at first. *wink* well this will be my username for a long time. Just need LT valerien to finish my sig mad

Darth Subjekt
Yea, I guess I've been gone for awhile.

Tangible God
Dude you should damn well know that I of all people am no Nebaris. I've had the same name for about 4 years now and you and i frequented the same threads back in the day.

That was more of a knock at Neb. Thought it was obvious.

Thanks kadesh... didn't know that was you at first. Lol. Yeah. I know. Very very well.

Darth Subjekt
all good. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.