Moving Advice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
I don't know if many of the guys that hang around here remember me but if you don't I don't give a **** quite frankly. Anyway, the point of this thread is that after living 20 years in the city of Hermosillo (about 2 hours from the US Border) I'm moving to Guadalajara to continue my studies. I never ever have moved I mean I was born and raised in this city and have lived in the same house for as long as I remember so if you guys have any tips for packing and what not feel free to post them up here.

~Wålshy~
you should pack

Pablo G
funny

=Tired Hiker=
Get a big truck if you have a lot of stuff! Also, make your friends help you for free.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Pablo G
I don't know if many of the guys that hang around here remember me but if you don't I don't give a **** quite frankly.

What was the point of that? Really...you're being an ass for no reason.

dadudemon
get teh vacuum bags for pillows, sheets, towels, hand towles, rags blankets, and clothes. They work really nicely on saving space.

Also, make sure you put everything except perishables into boxes that have built in handles. They work really really nicely.

Get a dolly to move boxes in and out of the buildings.

Don't forget to take care of the utilities BEFORE you move in at both the old and new places.

should I go on?

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Phucked Up
What was the point of that? Really...you're being an ass for no reason.

laughing out loud laughing

Dude, it's Pablo G.

Pablo G
Yeah Lance c'mon you're part of the rare breed that actually remembers me.

Selphie
Pack everything that is an absolute priority first. Pretty obvious, but you never know!

ScarletSpeed
go to the mall and ask stores if they have boxes you can use peaches

Pablo G
C'mon guys you know I have love for all I'm only messing with ya, sweet sig Selphie

Selphie
Thanks Pabs, pretty sweet one yourself

Make sure to pack entertaining things as well....

Pablo G
Yeah see the thing is I'm moving to an apartment and currently live in a house with my mom I'm thinking of just taking my clothes. But I have to buy a whole bunch of new shit down there.

ScarletSpeed
Yeah see the thing is I'm moving to an apartment and currently live in a house with my mom I'm thinking of just taking my clothes. But I have to buy a whole bunch of new shit down there.

just take your entire bedroom and spread it finely through the apartment laughing out loud

Pablo G
Don't really wanna leave here I just have to

Mairuzu
k

ScarletSpeed

You will get used to it, I can't wait to move away laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
Pack everything, don't leave anything behind

=Tired Hiker=

So what studies are you pursuing?

Robtard
I don't know if many of the guys that hang around here remember me but if you don't I don't give a **** quite frankly. Anyway, the point of this thread is that after living 20 years in the city of Hermosillo (about 2 hours from the US Border) I'm moving to Guadalajara to continue my studies. I never ever have moved I mean I was born and raised in this city and have lived in the same house for as long as I remember so if you guys have any tips for packing and what not feel free to post them up here.

I'd advise yo to higher some illegal immigrant day laborers, but they're all ****ing here already, so you're ****ed, Pablo.

Oh yeah, lift with your legs, not your back.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd advise yo to higher some illegal immigrant day laborers, but they're all ****ing here already, so you're ****ed, Pablo.

Yep, you're officially f**ked, Pabs. erm

jaden101
i've moved alot...as well as for being a student...i take it your family will still be staying in your home town if it's just you moving

if so then just leave all the junk with them...or put it into storage if you cant leave it with them

make sure you pack all the essentials for the other end into one box if you're going to an unfurnished flat...namely anything you're going to need to eat or drink at the other end...that way you can at least sort that out before doing that big unloading of furniture and the rest

moving truly is a pain in the ass though...i've moved about 10 times in my life for several different reasons...parents being promoted...them splitting up...going to university...getting my own place...

the actual move is a hassle but once you're there it's class

i'd also recommend taking a walk or a drive around the local area as soon as you can...

also introduce yourself to your new neighbours as soon as you can...especially if you've got noisy work to do in your new digs...and apologise in advance for the noise...it keeps them on side while you are and they might even help...

the main thing above all else though....HAVE A HOUSE WARMING PARTY....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.