thoughts on sentry vs wwh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bbrem123
what do u think was happening during the fight? was sentry going all out or just getting the hulk mad enough to stop him. Hulk even says the satellites would not stop the sentry...but they stop the hulk who is stronger?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by bbrem123
what do u think was happening during the fight? was sentry going all out or just getting the hulk mad enough to stop him. Hulk even says the satellites would not stop the sentry...but they stop the hulk who is stronger?

Being resilient to energy and blunt force are two different things, The Sentry has shown on several occasions that he has a high resistance to energy based attack (The Collective, Terrax, and solar exposure).

The Sentry said on panel that he was cutting loose and how good it felt to be able to finally do so. I would say that the fight could have ended better, but Banner was the last man standing therfore it was not a stalemate, The Hulk won.

bbrem123
but what about the satellite issue...is the sentry more durable then the hulk?

Badabing
Originally posted by CaptainStoic

The Sentry said on panel that he was cutting loose and how good it felt to be able to finally do so. I would say that the fight could have ended better, but Banner was the last man standing therfore it was not a stalemate, The Hulk won. Pretty much my thoughts also.

I thought the satellite was reprogrammed specifically to effect Hulk????

bbrem123
no i dont think they were programmed just for the hulk...they where goin to fire at both of them in an attempt to stop them

Priest
Satellite =Plot Device

redhotrash
WWH = Plot Device

CaptainStoic
but what about the satellite issue...is the sentry more durable then the hulk?

I would say that at King Hulks base levels, The Sentry is far more durable than the Hulk in terms of energy based attacks, but his resistance to blunt force seems to be equal. Then again I have no idea if King Hulk could take as good as he gave (ref. Sentry being opened up and bleeding from Banners punches).

The Hulks regen is his saving grace, because any other brute would have fallen from the punishment he took during the entire fiasco.

bbrem123
thats what im getting at...to me the fight was just the sentry pushing the hulk to get mad enough to stop him...i dont feel like it was a fight the sentry was trying to win

because of the hulks unlimited strength it made him the only one capable of stopping the sentry

Dark-Jaxx
I personally just feel that WWH is packed with bullshit, fail, and AIDS.

horrorwolf
Its been shown that Sentry's calming aura is what helps to counter WWH's rage levels and is the primary reason for WWH's revert to Banner.

Keep in mind, theres a more than a few DC fanboys who will claim WWH somehow "burnt out" which is false as well as contradictory to Hulk's character....as right after taking on Sentry, Banner reverts to Hulk again and becomes even more powerful.

Reed Richards tried to replicate Sentry to utilize his calming presence but WWH saw right through it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
Satellite =Plot Device Exactly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I personally just feel that WWH is packed with bullshit, fail, and AIDS. Its all canon. No matter how much you dislike something you cant just disregard it because you hate it.

horrorwolf
I personally just feel that WWH is packed with bullshit, fail, and AIDS.

opinion noted...

Next. roll eyes (sarcastic)

redhotrash
I agree, one of the worst "events" since Clone Wars.

tkitna
It was a pretty stupid fight. The Sentry released all of his energy which was great. Hey, the Hulk took it and then some. The Sentry also stood there laughing as he allowed the Hulk to beat on him. Not great. I'd be a lot happier if the Sentry actually went punch to punch with the Hulk and then lost instead of that stupid crap Pak wrote.

The whole story was indeed garbage anyways. It started out pretty cool and then got dumber with each issue.

TricksterPriest
Sentry unleashed full power, and it didn't even level a city block? no thumb down

Even I think Sentry got screwed by that kind of writing. And Hulk breaking Strange's hands? Or not getting owned by the countless beings who should have done the job? Pak is a ****ing moron.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sentry unleashed full power, and it didn't even level a city block? no thumb down

Even I think Sentry got screwed by that kind of writing. And Hulk breaking Strange's hands? Or not getting owned by the countless beings who should have done the job? Pak is a ****ing moron. Ok you want to play collateral damage and act like thats a true indicator of someones power.

Prime and the new Ion fought and didnt even destroy a cemetary,The Source and Ds were fighting and the planet they were on was fine and only ten miles was destroyed at one point. The point is collateral damage isnt a true indicator of someones power.

Its speculation whether or not he let out his full power. He lost control and used more power than he ever had previously. Thats what we know.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ok you want to play collateral damage and act like thats a true indicator of someones power.

Prime and the new Ion fought and didnt even destroy a cemetary,The Source and Ds were fighting and the planet they were on was fine and only ten miles was destroyed at one point. The point is collateral damage isnt a true indicator of someones power.

Its speculation whether or not he let out his full power. He lost control and used more power than he ever had previously. Thats what we know.

You are an outright hypocrite and liar. thumb down YOU are the one who downplayed DS&the Source's fight using the opposite logic. miffed

Ha-Son
^ STFU.

quanchi112
You are an outright hypocrite and liar. thumb down YOU are the one who downplayed DS&the Source's fight using the opposite logic. miffed I admitted to vlaad that and I conceded on that. Go through the thread and get the whole story next time.

Again I will repeat collateral damage is not a true indicator of how powerful you are. You cant destroy a planet in each and every fight.

erm

Eel O'Brian
Jase wins.

Ha-Son
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Jase wins.
*High fives Smurph*

Galan007
imo, Sentry would've won had Hulk not pulled the 'speachification' card. thumb down

TheBadguy
Being resilient to energy and blunt force are two different things, The Sentry has shown on several occasions that he has a high resistance to energy based attack (The Collective, Terrax, and solar exposure).

The Sentry said on panel that he was cutting loose and how good it felt to be able to finally do so. I would say that the fight could have ended better, but Banner was the last man standing therfore it was not a stalemate, The Hulk won.

samething I and anyone else with a brain thinks about the fight. as long as they don't hate Hulk.

Again I will repeat collateral damage is not a true indicator of how powerful you are. You cant destroy a planet in each and every fight.

erm

uh oh don't say that around the Supes fanboys. especially when Dbz is involved.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
imo, Sentry would've won had Hulk not pulled the 'speachification' card. thumb down In any event WW Hulk showed off his tremendoud durability and healing abilities taking Sentrys attacks head on and not holding back. Twas mighty impressive.

Mindset
They should have made the Sentry vs. WWH better. erm

Xplosive
Sentry lost, anything he did to Hulk, Hulk immediately recovered. Hulk revert to Banner and then minute latter when he again became WWH, he became even more powerful. From then on, Sentry wouldn't even be a challenge anymore.

iceman24567
Well i read most of the posts in this thread and i must be a Dc fanboy because i still think the Hulk got burnt out and Bob gave him everything he had and i also agree that the whole book was utter garbage fill with too much CIS.

bbrem123
see i dont dont feel that sentry gave him everything he had...just enough to make the hulk strong enough to take him out

iceman24567
see i dont dont feel that sentry gave him everything he had...just enough to make the hulk strong enough to take him out Well lets put it like this then Bob fought harder then he ever had against anybody else that includes Genis-Vell which is mind boggling eek!

carnage52
I personally just feel that WWH is packed with bullshit, fail, and AIDS. laughing laughing out loud laughing

horrorwolf
Ok you want to play collateral damage and act like thats a true indicator of someones power.

Happy Dance

quanchi112
Originally posted by Xplosive
Sentry lost, anything he did to Hulk, Hulk immediately recovered. Hulk revert to Banner and then minute latter when he again became WWH, he became even more powerful. From then on, Sentry wouldn't even be a challenge anymore. Exactly. WW Hulk wasnt even at his angriest in the book yet when they fought.

Originally posted by iceman24567
Well lets put it like this then Bob fought harder then he ever had against anybody else that includes Genis-Vell which is mind boggling eek! Thats how powerful this Hulk was.

Grinning Goku
I personally just feel that WWH is packed with bullshit, fail, and AIDS. laughing thumb up laughing

iceman24567
Exactly. WW Hulk wasnt even at his angriest in the book yet when they fought.

Thats how powerful this Hulk was. I kind of agree but come on Bob fought like a brick you know no tactics what so ever.

Priest
Sentry gave up on purpose.

Dark-Jaxx
Its all canon. No matter how much you dislike something you cant just disregard it because you hate it. Well actually...According to the rules PIS IS to be disreguarded.

I do agree that collateral damage=/=power though.

quanchi112
I kind of agree but come on Bob fought like a brick you know no tactics what so ever. He hit him harder than anyone has before proving WW Hulk's durability and healing are off the hook.

Lots of guys just brawl in comics. Basically the Prime/Ion fight was like that as well.

quanchi112
Well actually...According to the rules PIS IS to be disreguarded.

I do agree that collateral damage=/=power though. If you are debating WW Hulk then you must I repeat must honor everything in that story.

To me pis is way for most posters to say I didnt like it so its a copout. Not good. Pis is rare and you cant debate on a character if you think his entire story is pis. Bad form.

iceman24567
He hit him harder than anyone has before proving WW Hulk's durability and healing are off the hook.

Lots of guys just brawl in comics. Basically the Prime/Ion fight was like that as well. I really didn't like that fight either because Ion should not have gotten bitched like that but WWh fought like a bulky watered down version of Captain America threw out the whole story and everybody else fought like Doomsday clones except for the X-Men.

quanchi112
I really didn't like that fight either because Ion should not have gotten bitched like that but WWh fought like a bulky watered down version of Captain America threw out the whole story and everybody else fought like Doomsday clones except for the X-Men. See I think he should have gotten beaten like that.

I dont think everyone was watered down. Hulk was more powerful than he ever had been and if they had beaten him in the past it didnt matter as he was that much more.

Endrict Nuul
I wanted Sentry to live up to his name and kick Huk's ass.

Kento
All it makes me really wonder is could Sentry break Colossus' arms like Hulk did. That and who could beat Logan faster. Even if it was a Skrull Blackbolt Hulk still took an attack that knocked a large chunk out of the moon, and really how many of the people he fought had he not already beaten or at least stalemated. So it's not like beating them was a big deal if he's more powerful than he was any other time. The only problem I really had was the part involving Strange. He could have ended it anytime he wanted yet doesn't and then suddenly looses because he tries to fight it out but looses control.

bbrem123
does the sentry have to take the serum everytime to transform?

iceman24567
does the sentry have to take the serum everytime to transform? No he transforms on his own.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Its been shown that Sentry's calming aura is what helps to counter WWH's rage levels and is the primary reason for WWH's revert to Banner.

Keep in mind, theres a more than a few DC fanboys who will claim WWH somehow "burnt out" which is false as well as contradictory to Hulk's character....as right after taking on Sentry, Banner reverts to Hulk again and becomes even more powerful.

Reed Richards tried to replicate Sentry to utilize his calming presence but WWH saw right through it.

QFT. WWH when he fought sentry was not evn at his angriest as he showed he could get much angrier later on in the book. The idea of him being burnt out is plainly stupid and contradictory the hulks history.

Mindset
Sentry was built up to look strong so when Hulk beat him it would look like a great feat.

llagrok
I just think it's funny how slow the Sentry was moving, etc.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by llagrok

When have u eva seen the sentry move fast ina fight? What gives u d idea he has that kind of comabt speed?

llagrok
Originally posted by ultimatethor
When have u eva seen the sentry move fast ina fight? What gives u d idea he has that kind of comabt speed?

Well, he can snag a bullet before it travels like three inches.

And since he can hit lightspeed, it should be too hard to hit the Hulk in the back.

ultimatethor
Well, he can snag a bullet before it travels like three inches.

And since he can hit lightspeed, it should be too hard to hit the Hulk in the back.

And that is sort of his only feat. He has practically none in direct physical combat with another being.

llagrok
And that is sort of his only feat. He has practically none in direct physical combat with another being.

It's still a feat, to go with his other superhuman travel speeds. The way he fought Wolverine also makes it seem like he has superhuman speed.

Either way, he can still travel at lightspeed. Which means that he should be able to catch the Hulk off guard.

ultimatethor
It's still a feat, to go with his other superhuman travel speeds. The way he fought Wolverine also makes it seem like he has superhuman speed.

Either way, he can still travel at lightspeed. Which means that he should be able to catch the Hulk off guard.

He did catch hulk off guard once though. And really until i see some more actual battle speed feats i cant assume hes got battle speed. Ive never really seen him speedblitz anyone.

llagrok
He did catch hulk off guard once though. And really until i see some more actual battle speed feats i cant assume hes got battle speed. Ive never really seen him speedblitz anyone.

Speedblitzing=/=catching someone off guard And what do you put into "battle speed"? Flying and hitting the ulk at superspeed shouldn't be a problem at all. Combat speed or not.

You can keep grasping as much as you want.

ultimatethor
Speedblitzing=/=catching someone off guard And what do you put into "battle speed"? Flying and hitting the ulk at superspeed shouldn't be a problem at all. Combat speed or not.

No, i consider a speedblitz to be a continuous process of hitting someone before they can react. Not simply catching them off guard. And also we have seen no proof that the sentry has flash or evn surfer like manoevrability while moving fast. All we have really seen is his straight line travel speed and nothing more. How many times have you seen the sentry continuoulsy hitting a person at superspeed? In order to initiate a speedblitz it takes more than the ability to fly fast. This should be common knowledge by now.

horrorwolf

battle speed is rarely shown in comics....Which is why we have seen Superman get tagged by Solomon Grundy, Batman, Hawkman, Graak, etc.

If he is so far above everyone in combat speed he should never ever get hit.....ever by anyone.

tkitna
Ask Doctor Doom if Sentry is fast.

The Pict
Its all canon.

Including the lasers? Sweet, sweet. I know what I'll be bringing up the the next Hulk versus thread.

peaches

The Pict
Originally posted by horrorwolf

He wasn't using his calming influences in the fight, Sentry was there TO FIGHT. Stop trying to make it look like a much higher feat for Hulk, there was no indication that Sentry was using this "power" quite the reverse erm

I say this and I'm not a DC fanboy, 90% of the comic I buy are Marvel.

bbrem123
no he wasnt using th calming influences in the fight, and yes the sentry was there to fight but not to win...which is the big point that is used to argued that the sentry could take a major wins over wwh

it never says once in the comic that the sentry was using his full power...he was just using it like he never had before

the sentrys power is similar to that of the hulks strength...they r both seemingly unlimited which make a good argument for either to win

sexyking
no he wasnt using th calming influences in the fight, and yes the sentry was there to fight but not to win...which is the big point that is used to argued that the sentry could take a major wins over wwh

it never says once in the comic that the sentry was using his full power...he was just using it like he never had before

the sentrys power is similar to that of the hulks strength...they r both seemingly unlimited which make a good argument for either to win
Please dont make up bullshit, Sentry was not holding back he was there to lay the smack down on the hulk a feat he failed at. Also dont go around making false assumptions, where has it ever been stated Sentry=unlimited strenght? Please provide a link to that and fanboys fap fest do not count. Face it Sentry has been shown at his best an it failed plain and simple.

bbrem123
first of all it never says anything in the comic about him using all his powers, second i never said he had unlimited strength,i said seemingly unlimited, it is stated in all descriptions of the sentrys powers

go re-read the comic and read posts more thoroughly before saying anything

sexyking
first of all it never says anything in the comic about him using all his powers, second i never said he had unlimited strength,i said seemingly unlimited, it is stated in all descriptions of the sentrys powers

go re-read the comic and read posts more thoroughly before saying anything

I think the fact that he was KTFO was a clear indicator that he was going all out, he looked like he was in it to win it and it seems like the comic back's my assumption up more than your he wasnt going full power theory.

bbrem123
no he was just being crazy because he enjoyed using a large amount of power at once, it seemed like to me he wanted the hulk to stop him cuz he was the only one the the potiential to do so, bu u obviously interpret it differently...u cant just say he was using all his power cuz it show him discharging a lot of energy

and do u agree now on his seemingly limitless powers(not strength)

and i said he would take the majority over the hulk not every fight...they r close
but the sentry seems more powerful

sexyking
no he was just being crazy because he enjoyed using a large amount of power at once, it seemed like to me he wanted the hulk to stop him cuz he was the only one the the potiential to do so, bu u obviously interpret it differently...u cant just say he was using all his power cuz it show him discharging a lot of energy

and do u agree now on his seemingly limitless powers(not strength)

and i said he would take the majority over the hulk not every fight...they r close
but the sentry seems more powerful

Like you said its open fore interpretation but like I stated the comic backs my statement more than yours. And no I dont agree on the "seemingly limitless powers" to me someone like that would be Galactus or the Celestials certainly not Sentry.

bbrem123
well go look up his powers and come back to me....surfer has unlimited powers and is nowhere near galactus or celestial

and no the comic does not back u up more then me...like i said i see it different so it backs me up more then u

ur just stubborn and wont agree on the sentrys powers cuz u dont want to be wrong

llagrok
No, i consider a speedblitz to be a continuous process of hitting someone before they can react. Not simply catching them off guard. And also we have seen no proof that the sentry has flash or evn surfer like manoevrability while moving fast. All we have really seen is his straight line travel speed and nothing more. How many times have you seen the sentry continuoulsy hitting a person at superspeed? In order to initiate a speedblitz it takes more than the ability to fly fast. This should be common knowledge by now.

See, now you're failing at reading comprehension.

I claimed that Sentry would be capable of catching the Hulk off guard, and you counter by saying that you've never see him speedblitz anyone. How dumb can you get?

My point was that he doesn't need speedblitzing feat in order to catch the Hulk off guard.

bbrem123
does anybody have the scans of sentry containing a cosmic cube?

how did that event play out?

ultimatethor
See, now you're failing at reading comprehension.

I claimed that Sentry would be capable of catching the Hulk off guard, and you counter by saying that you've never see him speedblitz anyone. How dumb can you get?

My point was that he doesn't need speedblitzing feat in order to catch the Hulk off guard.

You are plainly ridiculous and nothing more. Talking about reading comprehension? you cant evn read what the hell ur writing!! You equated speedblitzing with catching someone of guard. I then answered that speedblitzing is not catching someone of guard only but is a continouos action. Is that easy enough for ur dumbass to understand? Or should i make it easier.

I evn stated that the sentry did catch the hulk off guard during their fight. However without the manuverability i talked about, he would not be able to do this regularly throughout the fight. Most of his feats simply show his straight line speed. Evn a moron like you should know that straight line speed alone wont help you that much in a battle aside the option of ramming especially if you dont have a high level of control and manoevrability while moving fast. To take down the hulk the sentry would have to continously hit the hulk at superspeed and not let up not just catch off guard a few times. Can you reason at all? I guess common sense is not actually that common.

tkitna
does anybody have the scans of sentry containing a cosmic cube?

how did that event play out?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Misc/Cosmic%20Cube/one/1.jpg

lft4ded
Wow, check out the last two panels. The cosmic cube really did a number on his feet and legs. Looks like it swapped his feet while breaking his left leg and then it went on to break his right ankle...

Sorry, those just kind of jumped out at me. stick out tongue

The Pict
Originally posted by sexyking
Please dont make up bullshit, Sentry was not holding back he was there to lay the smack down on the hulk a feat he failed at. Also dont go around making false assumptions, where has it ever been stated Sentry=unlimited strenght? Please provide a link to that and fanboys fap fest do not count. Face it Sentry has been shown at his best an it failed plain and simple.

Originally posted by sexyking
I think the fact that he was KTFO was a clear indicator that he was going all out,

He wasn't at his best, if he was he would have used his speed advantage against Hulk but he didn't.

redhotrash
Sentry is capable of speedblitzing, but Ive yet to see him use his speed at all honestly. He didnt when Ultron was pummeling him, thats for sure. As much as I hate what they are doing with the Hulk lately, I'd give him the win here. He might not be as overall powerful as Sentry, but Sentry is basically a punk. The guy is like everything Captain America wasnt. Capt was a wimpy kid who got good powers and did amazing things with them through courage and hardword. Sentry was a bum who got top tier powers but chokes when fighting people on his own level. I'd argue any of the other WWH fights before I'd touch the one with Sentry.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Pict
Including the lasers? Sweet, sweet. I know what I'll be bringing up the the next Hulk versus thread.

peaches Plot device. smile

bbrem123
during the sentry vs genis fight it was stated the power the men were spitting out was enough to shed entire worlds...while hold back

during the hulk fight his power output was nowhere near that

janus77
during the sentry vs genis fight it was stated the power the men were spitting out was enough to shed entire worlds...while hold back

during the hulk fight his power output was nowhere near that
sadly, that kind of consistency is never to be found over the course of a comic's run.

the power output thing, as a way of diminishing a feat, is useless since there are so many instances of great powers fighting with relatively little collateral damage.

quanchi112
Originally posted by janus77
sadly, that kind of consistency is never to be found over the course of a comic's run.

the power output thing, as a way of diminishing a feat, is useless since there are so many instances of great powers fighting with relatively little collateral damage. With regards to the collateral damage thing, people want to call out Sentry and WW Hulk and look the other way when you throw this kind of logic right back at them.

horrorwolf
With regards to the collateral damage thing, people want to call out Sentry and WW Hulk and look the other way when you throw this kind of logic right back at them.

lol same deal with Sentry's speedblitzing capability. Is Sentry capable of FTL speed and superhuman speedblitzes? Yes.

Hannibal-Lector
In my opinion, the satalite would have worked on Sentry IF it hit him but hes too fast for that...... Although i have always thought that the hulk's words of wisdom (so to speak) greatly affected Sentry's preformance in battle (like Sentry was trying to regain control of himself which is why at the end he thanks him)

bbrem123
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
In my opinion, the satalite would have worked on Sentry IF it hit him but hes too fast for that...... Although i have always thought that the hulk's words of wisdom (so to speak) greatly affected Sentry's preformance in battle (like Sentry was trying to regain control of himself which is why at the end he thanks him)

exactly,

but im not sure about the satellites part because that hulk even says that they wouldnt work on the sentry...and the hulk would know better then anybody about something like that

TricksterPriest
Ok, it's clear that some people are missing a concept. Having a rediculous healing factor, is not durability. Bleeding from Wolverine or punches from Iron Man, isn't durability.

Hulk had a rediculous healing factor during WWH. NOT DURABILITY. Major difference. Durability, would mean he doesn't feel blows or they do little to no damage. A great healing factor, means it just heals over and he keeps going.

Sentry has 1-3 speed feats. Which is good, but only one of them is maybe lightspeed, and since Iron Man was with him during the Collective episode (when said feat occured), lightspeed is dubious.

BUT! He does have a few legitimate speed feats, enough to catch bullets or whup Iron Man. Hence, he should have been able to blitz Hulk. And here is where the shitty writing clause comes in. Greg Pak is an idiot. That's generally accepted on this forum. And let's be frank, there were several questionable victories and alot of things didn't make any sense.

Skrull-Bolt, assuming he's been around the last 10 years, is still way above what Hulk should be able to beat. This one can be excused abit, since the real Blackagar would have won, like he did the last 3 times they fought.

Reed Richard's prep: Atrocious. This is Mr. Fantastic. I can name 10-20 things he could have done to try and stop Hulk. Instead, they try to outgun him and use a fake Sentry light. And this is a device that Reed was unsure would even work in the first place. no On this forum, Hulk would never beat Reed with prep.

Iron Man: Not shit writing. This one is a legit victory. Tony lost because 'someone' took out the SPIN tech nanos. wink It's a credit to Hulk that he wrecked the Hulkbuster.

X-men: It's a victory. But.......it doesn't mean much. erm That was a pretty shitty lineup of X-men. And the TP part was very very weird. Especially that Frost and her girls were able to stop Xavier's TP.

Juggernaut: He didn't win. Good stalemate, but even Hulk knew he'd never beat a full power Juggs in a straight fight.

*Edit: whoops. Forgot Ghost Rider. He was holding back, but when the spirit took over, even Hulk was worried. This one is good writing, because GR let him go because he was innocent. But don't mistake that for him being able to beat GR.

Mighty Avengers: Props for it, but it was pretty much just brawling, and he had help. This also isn't exactly the most steller line-up.

Dr. Strange: This is half Strange being depowered, and half outright garbage. Busting Strange's hands on the Astral plane? Beating a piece of Zom? Strange being unable to cast spells to heal his hands, or even to cast spells without them, which he has done? Pak should be shot for this one. thumb down

Sentry: I don't buy any of Sentry's hype. And regardless of the shitty writing, for his supposed power level, he should have done better. The fact that he was beaten the way he was, is a disgrace to Superman clones.

piccolo84
WWH was easily one of the best displays of durability in comics amongst top tiers.

Erik-Lensherr
The fact that he was beaten the way he was, is a disgrace to Superman clones.

Lulz.

Nihilist
Ok, it's clear that some people are missing a concept. Having a rediculous healing factor, is not durability. Bleeding from Wolverine or punches from Iron Man, isn't durability.

Hulk had a rediculous healing factor during WWH. NOT DURABILITY. Major difference. Durability, would mean he doesn't feel blows or they do little to no damage. A great healing factor, means it just heals over and he keeps going.

Sentry has 1-3 speed feats. Which is good, but only one of them is maybe lightspeed, and since Iron Man was with him during the Collective episode (when said feat occured), lightspeed is dubious.

BUT! He does have a few legitimate speed feats, enough to catch bullets or whup Iron Man. Hence, he should have been able to blitz Hulk. And here is where the shitty writing clause comes in. Greg Pak is an idiot. That's generally accepted on this forum. And let's be frank, there were several questionable victories and alot of things didn't make any sense.

Skrull-Bolt, assuming he's been around the last 10 years, is still way above what Hulk should be able to beat. This one can be excused abit, since the real Blackagar would have won, like he did the last 3 times they fought.

Reed Richard's prep: Atrocious. This is Mr. Fantastic. I can name 10-20 things he could have done to try and stop Hulk. Instead, they try to outgun him and use a fake Sentry light. And this is a device that Reed was unsure would even work in the first place. no On this forum, Hulk would never beat Reed with prep.

Iron Man: Not shit writing. This one is a legit victory. Tony lost because 'someone' took out the SPIN tech nanos. wink It's a credit to Hulk that he wrecked the Hulkbuster.

X-men: It's a victory. But.......it doesn't mean much. erm That was a pretty shitty lineup of X-men. And the TP part was very very weird. Especially that Frost and her girls were able to stop Xavier's TP.

Juggernaut: He didn't win. Good stalemate, but even Hulk knew he'd never beat a full power Juggs in a straight fight.

*Edit: whoops. Forgot Ghost Rider. He was holding back, but when the spirit took over, even Hulk was worried. This one is good writing, because GR let him go because he was innocent. But don't mistake that for him being able to beat GR.

Mighty Avengers: Props for it, but it was pretty much just brawling, and he had help. This also isn't exactly the most steller line-up.

Dr. Strange: This is half Strange being depowered, and half outright garbage. Busting Strange's hands on the Astral plane? Beating a piece of Zom? Strange being unable to cast spells to heal his hands, or even to cast spells without them, which he has done? Pak should be shot for this one. thumb down

Sentry: I don't buy any of Sentry's hype. And regardless of the shitty writing, for his supposed power level, he should have done better. The fact that he was beaten the way he was, is a disgrace to Superman clones.
i agree with everthing here.

Dark-Jaxx

Sentry: I don't buy any of Sentry's hype. And regardless of the shitty writing, for his supposed power level, he should have done better. The fact that he was beaten the way he was, is a disgrace to Superman clones. I actually agree with this.

quanchi112

Sentry: I don't buy any of Sentry's hype. And regardless of the shitty writing, for his supposed power level, he should have done better. The fact that he was beaten the way he was, is a disgrace to Superman clones. Durability and healing factor go hand in hand. You cant really separate the two imo.

The blows he felt in this story did little to no damage. He wasnt even close to losing at anytime. By this I mean he wasnt on the ropes at all. He always came out on top and took everything that came his way.

Sentry caught a bullet before it hit someones face. Call it what you will but thats speed friend.

He was flying into the Hulk and using momentum to hit him harder than he has ever hit anyone previously. The guy raped Terrax with minimal to no effort at all. The guy is a planet wrecker and Sentry raped him with the utmost ease. He was using a lot more power on the WW Hulk and he couldnt ko him. Impressive to say the least.

Again this seems to happen all the time with you and your anti writer stances. You seem to think a majority on kmc really means something about the competency of certain writers. We are in a sense comic book fans with biases and favorite characters all our own. There is enough Hulk hate on here to kill a nation. Anything he did that was impressive in this arc is generally on here considered pis or flat out crap. Its canon in the end and get used to it please. The writers decide whats canon not you or I.

It was explained in this story over and over that the past was dead. So if someone whipped the Hulk before and did it easily then that didnt mean crap here for this story. Hulk was more pissed off than he ever had been before. Ever. BBolt would have taken out Rhode Island but it didnt affect that Hulk that much at all. Wow. Thats a more powerful blast than the Source and Darkseid with regards to the ten miles that had Superman astonished. Not saying collateral damage signifies how powerful a character is but I think I proved my point.

In a story with Reed and WW Hulk Reed came up short. His plan backfired. End of story there.

Iron Man tried using a plot device to beat Hulk. Its like a Superman villain beating Superman with k-nite and nothing more. It wont help anyone beat Superman here on this forum and it wont help anyone beat the Hulk on this forum.

Hulk beat the crap out of the mutants and it was damn impressive to show how he could physically dominate all these mutants and beat Juggs twice in one story.

WW Hulk stood the Juggeranut up and barely gave up any ground at all. Wow he momentarily haled the unstoppable Juggernaut.

Hulk did fine against the Gr but he couldnt touch the Hulk because he was innocent. So the powers were useless against him.

WW Hulk stomped the avengers easily.

Tricking Strange into making himself tangible was brilliant and it showed off how smart and clever the Hulk was in this entire storyline. Strange could stomp him if he wanted to but the story came up imo with a believable way to play this out. Heroes dont butcher heroes so this is totally acceptable to me.

Sentry is one badass top tier. You can choose not to buy into it but many other posters have and will continue to do so. Not beating WW Hulk isnt a low showing by any meaning of the two words.

horrorwolf
Durability and healing factor go hand in hand. You cant really separate the two imo.

The blows he felt in this story did little to no damage. He wasnt even close to losing at anytime. By this I mean he wasnt on the ropes at all. He always came out on top and took everything that came his way.

Sentry caught a bullet before it hit someones face. Call it what you will but thats speed friend.

He was flying into the Hulk and using momentum to hit him harder than he has ever hit anyone previously. The guy raped Terrax with minimal to no effort at all. The guy is a planet wrecker and Sentry raped him with the utmost ease. He was using a lot more power on the WW Hulk and he couldnt ko him. Impressive to say the least.

Again this seems to happen all the time with you and your anti writer stances. You seem to think a majority on kmc really means something about the competency of certain writers. We are in a sense comic book fans with biases and favorite characters all our own. There is enough Hulk hate on here to kill a nation. Anything he did that was impressive in this arc is generally on here considered pis or flat out crap. Its canon in the end and get used to it please. The writers decide whats canon not you or I.

It was explained in this story over and over that the past was dead. So if someone whipped the Hulk before and did it easily then that didnt mean crap here for this story. Hulk was more pissed off than he ever had been before. Ever. BBolt would have taken out Rhode Island but it didnt affect that Hulk that much at all. Wow. Thats a more powerful blast than the Source and Darkseid with regards to the ten miles that had Superman astonished. Not saying collateral damage signifies how powerful a character is but I think I proved my point.

In a story with Reed and WW Hulk Reed came up short. His plan backfired. End of story there.

Iron Man tried using a plot device to beat Hulk. Its like a Superman villain beating Superman with k-nite and nothing more. It wont help anyone beat Superman here on this forum and it wont help anyone beat the Hulk on this forum.

Hulk beat the crap out of the mutants and it was damn impressive to show how he could physically dominate all these mutants and beat Juggs twice in one story.

WW Hulk stood the Juggeranut up and barely gave up any ground at all. Wow he momentarily haled the unstoppable Juggernaut.

Hulk did fine against the Gr but he couldnt touch the Hulk because he was innocent. So the powers were useless against him.

Tricking Strange into making himself tangible was brilliant and it showed off how smart and clever the Hulk was in this entire storyline. Strange could stomp him if he wanted to but the story came up imo with a believable way to play this out. Heroes dont butcher heroes so this is totally acceptable to me.

Sentry is one badass top tier. You can choose not to buy into it but many other posters have and will continue to do so. Not beating WW Hulk isnt a low showing by any meaning of the two words.
Excellent post.

Durabilty is not only resistance to physical damage but how fast you recover from it.

Say two guys get stabbed. Guy1 gets penetrated in the gut, Guy2's skin doesn't even get pierced.

Then the same two guys get shot. Both are pierced.

Only... Guy2, has no regen, he goes down.
Guy 1 who took both the blade and the bullet keeps coming to decap the clown who shot and stabbed them both...healing so fast that it doesnt matter than he got stabbed AND shot. So Yes, Guy2 has tougher skin, but when he's finally hurt - he's outta there.

Thats true Durability. Its not just resisting damage, its how equipped you are to handle it when you do take damage - as well as how fast you repair damage.

Its pretty silly to think you can separate the two factors especially in combat scenarios.

Another ignored factor is how accustomed you are to pain. Ability to fight through Pain is regarded as what separates warriors from thugs. Guys who are used to recieving physical damage like Wolverine for instance, have become so accustomed to pain that he is "used" to it to a degree that it is unlikely to "stop" him in mid-assault. The same goes for Hulk.

horrorwolf

fake Sentry light? Actually Reed was trying to reproduce Sentry's Calming Aura, pretty much the only thing that could counter and subside Hulk's rage levels - the reason he was as powerful as he was. If you can successfully calm Hulk's rage - you counter any and all threats from him.

Where Reed failed is that WWHulk was more intelligent than Savage Hulk. WWH percieved that Reed's recreation of Sentry's calming ability was a false one, so it failed....successfuly only making WWH angrier.

It was actually a brillinat idea....but his target was far more intuitive and calculating than Reed was accustomed to.

bbrem123
Durability and healing factor go hand in hand. You cant really separate the two imo.

i agree with alot of ur point accept a few

GRs powers where not useless against him...it was said he could have stopped him, but the hulk was innocent and GR had no business there

and he didnt beat juggs the second time he just took him out of the picture cuz that fight would have gone on forever

and i still believe that strange and sentry can stomp the hulk...sentrys lose can be argued as i have been argueing it...and ur description for how strange lost was accurate, if the strange fight would happen again thing would happen differently

quanchi112
i agree with alot of ur point accept a few

GRs powers where not useless against him...it was said he could have stopped him, but the hulk was innocent and GR had no business there

and he didnt beat juggs the second time he just took him out of the picture cuz that fight would have gone on forever

and i still believe that strange and sentry can stomp the hulk...sentrys lose can be argued as i have been argueing it...and ur description for how strange lost was accurate, if the strange fight would happen again thing would happen differently Ok but the Ghost Rider is out there to punish sinners not to enact vengeance on random people was my point. I shoul dhave worded it differently but I just posted and didnt look back. LoL.

He bfr'd Juggs which is a victory according to forum rules.

Sentry cant stomp the WW Hulk no way no how. Strange is a sorcerer so he definitely could but Sentry couldnt even beat a WW Hulk who wasnt even at his angriest. If he fought the one at the end of the book he would have been decimated imo.

D-Block

Agreed. Sentry should/would not have gotten hit if written correctly.

bbrem123
Ok but the Ghost Rider is out there to punish sinners not to enact vengeance on random people was my point. I shoul dhave worded it differently but I just posted and didnt look back. LoL.

He bfr'd Juggs which is a victory according to forum rules.

Sentry cant stomp the WW Hulk no way no how. Strange is a sorcerer so he definitely could but Sentry couldnt even beat a WW Hulk who wasnt even at his angriest. If he fought the one at the end of the book he would have been decimated imo.

i see the sentry fight much different then u..all i can say is re-read it and notice how the sentry acts and what he says during it is...im not sayin he would win every time against the hulk but with him having seemingly unlimited power i would see him taking more wins then the hulk

quanchi112
i see the sentry fight much different then u..all i can say is re-read it and notice how the sentry acts and what he says during it is...im not sayin he would win every time against the hulk but with him having seemingly unlimited power i would see him taking more wins then the hulk When does it say that the Sentry has unlimited power? Hulk is only limited by his rage but Sentry's power levels are very high but doesnt have the potential like the Hulks does.

bbrem123
the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless

quanchi112
the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless Its never been stated. In this WW Hulk comic he went all out and tapped himself out. And you think he has limitless power?

bbrem123
yes it has been stated...in any power description of the sentry

false...he was trying to get control of himself...like i said go and re-read it...hulk pretty much say it...and thats y sentry thanks the hulk at the end of the fight

he reverted back because he gain control

quanchi112
yes it has been stated...in any power description of the sentry

false...he was trying to get control of himself...like i said go and re-read it...hulk pretty much say it...and thats y sentry thanks the hulk at the end of the fight

he reverted back because he gain control I believe someone had the writers own statements saying something to the effect that he burned himself out and expended that much energy, either way he used more than he ever had before on a weaker version of WW Hulk than at the end of the book.

Dark-Jaxx
If he fought the one at the end of the book he would have been decimated imo. IMO Worldbreaker Hulk is a completely useless form who would only be good for BFRing himself in a fight with Sentry.

bbrem123
u have no evidence to back up anything u r saying...i have multiple power descriptions and even characters stating the kind of power he posseses

quanchi112
u have no evidence to back up anything u r saying...i have multiple power descriptions and even characters stating the kind of power he posseses You have zero evidence. I have never even heard anything like Sentry just shut himself down. You have nothing to suggest this or anything else to suggest his power is near limitless. Sorry but Hulk has been shown to be able to handle Sentry going all out. Hulk won.

quanchi112
IMO Worldbreaker Hulk is a completely useless form who would only be good for BFRing himself in a fight with Sentry. Huh? Could you imagine how hard his fist would hurt you if his footsteps were destroying the eastern seaboard.

bbrem123
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Sentry_%28Robert_Reynolds%29

just read it

bbrem123
y would marvel lie??

quanchi112
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Sentry_%28Robert_Reynolds%29

just read it Superstrength,etc. What exactly was supposed to impress me about this marvel bio?

The Pict

I completely agree with this post thumb up

And I've been harping on about the durability thing for a while now. When WWH is knocked over by the New X-Men, cut and pierced, staggered by Strong Guy, bled by pretty much everybody it's clear his durability wasn't that high.

Pak should be shot for this one. thumb down

laughing out loud

bbrem123
The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyper state of consciousness. Though most of his powers and their limits are still unknown, examples he has demonstrated so far are super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, and flight.

The Sentry can also project energy fields, control light, and has vast psychic and mental forces mainly used for holding his physical powers together, though it is not yet known whether the Sentry can use them the way Professor X and other psychics use theirs; the only psychic abilities he had displayed so far is implanting his memories inside Paul Jenkins' mind and calming the fury of the Hulk.

It may be theorized that the Sentry also has the ability to produce hard-light constructs similar to those of Dazzler's when it was revealed that the Void is a just an expression of his repressed persona, and thus his creation. With the people dubbing The Sentry as the world's most powerful superhero, and with the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless, and may even rival those of the Silver Surfer's and Phoenix's. In effect, the Sentry's powers are seemingly limitless.

if u read the end u will see

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by The Pict
And I've been harping on about the durability thing for a while now. When WWH is knocked over by the New X-Men, cut and pierced, staggered by Strong Guy, bled by pretty much everybody it's clear his durability wasn't that high.A lot of the damage the New X-Men managed to dish out was initiated when Elixir overloaded his healing factor. Strong Guy also gave back World War Hulk the full kinetic force that he absorbed from World War Hulk's own punch. But yeah, calm World War Hulk was only more durable than usual at that point. Wolverine was just about able to scratch him, I think. Just remember, that was a calm World War Hulk. He wasn't as angry as he was later on. And as was suggested in 'World War Hulk,' his durability goes up the angrier he gets. All relative.

Dark-Jaxx
Huh? Could you imagine how hard his fist would hurt you if his footsteps were destroying the eastern seaboard. Yeah, but thing is, he is too strong with no control over his strength. We know Sentry can survive in space and move in it under his own power. WWH cannot. WWH would destroy the planet if he actually tried to use his strength against Sentry, and would float adrift in space. He would BFR himself.

bbrem123
IGN Comics: We have a few questions regarding the finish of the Hulk/Sentry fight. Our first question is whether you had always intended the last battle to be between these two. Did you ever consider Thor or perhaps even a foe of the Hulk's? What made Sentry the clear choice for you?

Pak: In an early draft of the outline, i had that final battle between Strange and the Hulk, since the two have such a long history together. But as we hammered through multiple drafts of the treatment, the Sentry just made sense. He and the Hulk have a history of their own -- but even more importantly, the Sentry and the Hulk share similar conflicts with their alter egos and face the same danger of losing control. And that gave us something interesting on an emotional level to play with during that fight. The Sentry actually had something to learn from the Hulk. And by teaching that lesson, the Hulk himself was able to come to a realization of his own and find a new equilibrium -- for one brief, shining moment, anyway.

just like i said hulk help sentry get control...thats y the fight was not as legitimate as people make it out to be...it was a fight for control not a battle of who was stronger

CaptainStoic
IGN Comics: We have a few questions regarding the finish of the Hulk/Sentry fight. Our first question is whether you had always intended the last battle to be between these two. Did you ever consider Thor or perhaps even a foe of the Hulk's? What made Sentry the clear choice for you?

Pak: In an early draft of the outline, i had that final battle between Strange and the Hulk, since the two have such a long history together. But as we hammered through multiple drafts of the treatment, the Sentry just made sense. He and the Hulk have a history of their own -- but even more importantly, the Sentry and the Hulk share similar conflicts with their alter egos and face the same danger of losing control. And that gave us something interesting on an emotional level to play with during that fight. The Sentry actually had something to learn from the Hulk. And by teaching that lesson, the Hulk himself was able to come to a realization of his own and find a new equilibrium -- for one brief, shining moment, anyway.

just like i said hulk help sentry get control...thats y the fight was not as legitimate as people make it out to be...it was a fight for control not a battle of who was stronger

Bro you should reread the battle, and come to grips that The Sentry was hitting King Hulk with his best and most powerful shots. What makes you believe that this story was inconclusive?

The fight was over it went it's 12 rounds, and the Hulk beat Sentry, as he was the last man standing.

bbrem123
Bro you should reread the battle, and come to grips that The Sentry was hitting King Hulk with his best and most powerful shots. What makes you believe that this story was inconclusive?

The fight was over it went it's 12 rounds, and the Hulk beat Sentry, as he was the last man standing.

Pak said it and it in panel...ur the one not reading

im pretty sure he know better then u...lolz at u

his best and most powerful where does it say that...i have all this evidence u have nothing

quanchi112
The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyper state of consciousness. Though most of his powers and their limits are still unknown, examples he has demonstrated so far are super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, and flight.

The Sentry can also project energy fields, control light, and has vast psychic and mental forces mainly used for holding his physical powers together, though it is not yet known whether the Sentry can use them the way Professor X and other psychics use theirs; the only psychic abilities he had displayed so far is implanting his memories inside Paul Jenkins' mind and calming the fury of the Hulk.

It may be theorized that the Sentry also has the ability to produce hard-light constructs similar to those of Dazzler's when it was revealed that the Void is a just an expression of his repressed persona, and thus his creation. With the people dubbing The Sentry as the world's most powerful superhero, and with the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless, and may even rival those of the Silver Surfer's and Phoenix's. In effect, the Sentry's powers are seemingly limitless.

if u read the end u will see I dont agree with this theory of yours at all. At no point in time were his powers ever described as limitless. No way no how. We just saw him get tapped out and fail to knock out WW Hulk. He took everything Sentry threw his way like nothing.

The Hulks powers are limitless and this is proven by his powers growing exponentially by his anger. He is only limited by his anger.

quanchi112
Pak said it and it in panel...ur the one not reading

im pretty sure he know better then u...lolz at u

his best and most powerful where does it say that...i have all this evidence u have nothing Its in the comic and was stated plain as day that Sentry used more power than he ever had previously. He lost control and the Hulk still took him down in a clam state. Proof is in the book while you really dont have any proof at all. You sent me a link saying his powers included super strength,etc.

Dark-Jaxx
The Hulks powers are limitless and this is proven by his powers growing exponentially by his anger. He is only limited by his anger. Then his strength has a limit if his anger limits it. smile

quanchi112
Then his strength has a limit if his anger limits it. smile I already said that. smile

Dark-Jaxx
I already said that. smile Which means he doesn't have limitless strength. smile

quanchi112
I dont agree with this theory of yours at all. At no point in time were his powers ever described as limitless. No way no how. We just saw him get tapped out and fail to knock out WW Hulk. He took everything Sentry threw his way like nothing.

The Hulks powers are limitless and this is proven by his powers growing exponentially by his anger. He is only limited by his anger. Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Which means he doesn't have limitless strength. smile Read it and quit trolling.

bbrem123
I dont agree with this theory of yours at all. At no point in time were his powers ever described as limitless. No way no how. We just saw him get tapped out and fail to knock out WW Hulk. He took everything Sentry threw his way like nothing.

The Hulks powers are limitless and this is proven by his powers growing exponentially by his anger. He is only limited by his anger.

haha it not a theory of mine its fact...ive showed u links

quanchi112
haha it not a theory of mine its fact...ive showed u links Nothing on the links said limitless power. This isnt the power gem its sentry the guy who burned himself out against WW Hulk.

bbrem123

if u read the end u will see

it says it in the last sentence...read it

if u cant see it ur lying

bbrem123
Its in the comic and was stated plain as day that Sentry used more power than he ever had previously. He lost control and the Hulk still took him down in a clam state. Proof is in the book while you really dont have any proof at all. You sent me a link saying his powers included super strength,etc.

first u say he uses all of his power now its just more then he ever had peviously?

make up ur mind man...ur just trying to cover up ur false statements

and he wasnt calm...just another one of ur false statements

quanchi112
it says it in the last sentence...read it

if u cant see it ur lying Seemingly isnt limitless its much different.

quanchi112
first u say he uses all of his power now its just more then he ever had peviously?

make up ur mind man...ur just trying to cover up ur false statements

and he wasnt calm...just another one of ur false statements Prove he was calm.

Allankles
I already said that. smile

Meaning since his anger isn't limitless, his strength isn't either. And where do you get this info about Hulk's strength increasing exponentially?

I know it increases with his anger but exponentially? How does that make sense with such an indistinct mechanism for unlocking his power like anger?

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Allankles
Meaning since his anger isn't limitless, his strength isn't either. And where do you get this info about Hulk's strength increasing exponentially?

I know it increases with his anger but exponentially? How does that make sense with such an indistinct mechanism for unlocking his power like anger?

Seeing as there is currently no known limit to Hulk's rage levels....its as limitless as he needs it to be currently. wink

bbrem123
Seemingly isnt limitless its much different.

it describes how his powers work and say "nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless"

all ur argument r very weak

janus77

no, there's no "limit" to his strength/power. there are limits (potentially) to how much 'anger' the +Banner+ persona can control, but there's no limit to how much rage fuelled power/strength Hulk can output.

this is what they showed when Miek's comment's sent Banner off on a bout of rage, he was beginning to lose control of himself - gamma energies spewing out almost destroying the continental shelf - which is why he asked Stark to help stop him from going OTT.

Hulk can, and does, exhibit "infinite" strength, as proved on-panel by The Leader. I think there are other instances of characters scientifically "measuring" Hulk's strength and reaching the conclusion that it is +infinite+ (ie, beyond enumeration or comprehension).

furthermore, the "mechanism" for releasing some of that infinite power the Hulk possesses isn't actually "anger" but stress. this is the reason why, in a relatively calm state, Hulk can brace mountain ranges, hold together planets, smash apart asteroids twice the size of earth, punch through dimensions etc etc..

he only needs the anger, it seems, to help maintain his desire/will to keep pounding/holding/bracing ... the strength/power comes on-tap and it does indeed increase exponentially.

bbrem123
Prove he was calm.

i guess u mean prove he wasnt calm...he hasnt been calm since he landed on earth...i cant see how u can say he was calm, how can he be calm when came to earth to get his revenge??

janus77
it describes how his powers work and say "nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless"

all ur argument r very weak
well, that's not saying much when you compare Sentry to a being whose powers literally are limitless.

Hulk's strength/power is infinite. Sentry's hadn't (prior to the fight with WWH) been truly tested.

bbrem123
strength and power r much different...hulk has the potential for unlimited strength but emotions can only take u so far, so he has his limits(which is still to be hit) ...sentry has unlimited power...with is caused by the phase-shift in his molecules making his power source unlimited

bbrem123
a feat of unlimited power is that he overloaded absorbing man...while absorbing man is able to absorb enough power to defeat the asgardian legions and eventually confronts odin himself...after absorb all of odins attacks and then the properties of Asgard itself he eventually losing to trickery

Soljer
a feat of unlimited power is that he overloaded absorbing man...while absorbing man is able to absorb enough power to defeat the asgardian legions and eventually confronts odin himself...after absorb all of odins attacks and then the properties of Asgard itself he eventually losing to trickery

Absorbing man's been overloaded multiple times in the past. Overloading him is no above-top-tier feat.

quanchi112

I know it increases with his anger but exponentially? How does that make sense with such an indistinct mechanism for unlocking his power like anger? My post already said this. His strength is only limited by his anger.

quanchi112

all ur argument r very weak You have no basis whatsoever for your argument at all imo.

i guess u mean prove he wasnt calm...he hasnt been calm since he landed on earth...i cant see how u can say he was calm, how can he be calm when came to earth to get his revenge?? Your saying that the Sentry was calm and that was the reason he ran out of juice but there is simply no evidence to this effect.Originally posted by Soljer
Absorbing man's been overloaded multiple times in the past. Overloading him is no above-top-tier feat. Agreed.

bbrem123
You have no basis whatsoever for your argument at all imo.

Your saying that the Sentry was calm and that was the reason he ran out of juice but there is simply no evidence to this effect. Agreed.

i was talking about the hulk not being calm during the fight

and yes i have evidence i have show u multiple times...u just make up point on y they r not accurate...even tho it is clearly stated

quanchi112
i was talking about the hulk not being calm during the fight

and yes i have evidence i have show u multiple times...u just make up point on y they r not accurate...even tho it is clearly stated WW Hulk was the calm one between he and Sentry during their fight. Sentry went all out while WW Hulk wasnt as pissed and had already proven the points he came to earth to prove.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Soljer
Absorbing man's been overloaded multiple times in the past. Overloading him is no above-top-tier feat.

odin couldnt even overload him how is that not a top-tier feat??

who else over loaded him??

janus77
strength and power r much different...hulk has the potential for unlimited strength but emotions can only take u so far, so he has his limits(which is still to be hit) ...sentry has unlimited power...with is caused by the phase-shift in his molecules making his power source unlimited
your argument is quite clearly untrue.

Sentry might 'conceivably' have unlimited power, but that is actually proven to be false as he does go all-out, fully unleashing his power, against WWH and fails to even leave a lasting mark.

Hulk on the otherhand does possess infinite power/energies (and thus infinite strength as a manifestation of that extra-dimensional/universal power) and has demonstrated that. on-panel. without having to get angry - check out The Leader/Samson etc all testing and confirming Hulk's +infinite+ strength, ie strength/power beyond quantification.

you are attempting to posit a limit in the form of some specious hypothetical "limit" to how angry Banner/Hulk can get, but you refuse to acknowledge that he doesn't need to be/get angry to tap into that infinite power, that he only need be stressed for that strength to come to the fore - instantaneously.

basically, there's no limit to his strength, there's an infinity of power/energy backing it up, the only "limits" that exist are those that Banner consciously imposes. and even those are capable of being negated (stress situations, TP switching off Banner, anger boiling over into rage ...).

bbrem123
WW Hulk was the calm one between he and Sentry during their fight. Sentry went all out while WW Hulk wasnt as pissed and had already proven the points he came to earth to prove.

ur stating false statements if u say the hulk was calm during the fight

bbrem123
your argument is quite clearly untrue.

Sentry might 'conceivably' have unlimited power, but that is actually proven to be false as he does go all-out, fully unleashing his power, against WWH and fails to even leave a lasting mark.

Hulk on the otherhand does possess infinite power/energies (and thus infinite strength as a manifestation of that extra-dimensional/universal power) and has demonstrated that. on-panel. without having to get angry - check out The Leader/Samson etc all testing and confirming Hulk's +infinite+ strength, ie strength/power beyond quantification.

you are attempting to posit a limit in the form of some specious hypothetical "limit" to how angry Banner/Hulk can get, but you refuse to acknowledge that he doesn't need to be/get angry to tap into that infinite power, that he only need be stressed for that strength to come to the fore - instantaneously.

basically, there's no limit to his strength, there's an infinity of power/energy backing it up, the only "limits" that exist are those that Banner consciously imposes. and even those are capable of being negated (stress situations, TP switching off Banner, anger boiling over into rage ...).

it never stats sentry goin all out??

im not arguing that he doesnt have unlimited strength

janus77
ur stating false statements if u say the hulk was calm during the fight
you're misreading a very obvious statement of comparison.

Hulk wasn't the insane one rushing somebody who has no quarrel with him. hitting him at superspeeds and revelling in finally fully unleashing his powers.

in fact, Hulk was reticent to engage Sentry, knowing that he would defeat Sentry. Hulk told him, that it was a fight Sentry didn't want. indeed, throughout the fight, Hulk is clearly both calm and cognizant of Sentry's insanity. hence the little lesson he gives Sentry.

Hulk - all thoughout World War Hulk - was focussed. he didn't do the "Hulk smash" stuff, he never lost sight of his objective, his "war" against The Illuminati. it was only after Meik's revelation, that Hulk actually began to flip out.

the whole point of Cho basically telling the reader that Hulk IS ALWAYS holding back, ALWAYS calculating the angles and pulling his punches, was to show that he had never truly let rip. then the WorldBreaker moment, and Cho's statement that it was the first time Hulk was truly in a murderous mood.

OneDumbG0
the whole point of Cho basically telling the reader that Hulk IS ALWAYS holding back, ALWAYS calculating the angles and pulling his punches, was to show that he had never truly let rip. then the WorldBreaker moment, and Cho's statement that it was the first time Hulk was truly in a murderous mood. Ba-ba-ba-bingo! Co-signed.

psycho gundam

Hulk wasn't the insane one rushing somebody who has no quarrel with him. hitting him at superspeeds and revelling in finally fully unleashing his powers.

in fact, Hulk was reticent to engage Sentry, knowing that he would defeat Sentry. Hulk told him, that it was a fight Sentry didn't want. indeed, throughout the fight, Hulk is clearly both calm and cognizant of Sentry's insanity. hence the little lesson he gives Sentry.

Hulk - all thoughout World War Hulk - was focussed. he didn't do the "Hulk smash" stuff, he never lost sight of his objective, his "war" against The Illuminati. it was only after Meik's revelation, that Hulk actually began to flip out.

the whole point of Cho basically telling the reader that Hulk IS ALWAYS holding back, ALWAYS calculating the angles and pulling his punches, was to show that he had never truly let rip. then the WorldBreaker moment, and Cho's statement that it was the first time Hulk was truly in a murderous mood. yup, worlbreaker hulk is the real deal.

janus77

im not arguing that he doesnt have unlimited strength
you are, you are arguing that by -implication- Hulk's strength is limited. this is quite false as is the reasoning behind it. you say that his "anger can only take him so far", whereas you should realise that anger isn't necessary for Hulk to reach infinite levels of power.

Sentry states, very clearly, that he's never been able to unleash his powers on anyone before, but he knows that he can do so on Hulk, because Hulk can take it.

it takes a very bitter person to deny what's there in the text and the pretty blatant subtext. Sentry went nuts on Hulk, released all his anger, fury, anxieties, complexes and fears in one blitzkrieg upon The Hulk. and why did he do that? not because Hulk was a threat to the planet (he didn't care), not because Hulk is his enemy (he's not), but because it was cathartic. Sentry was beating on Hulk with ALL HE HAD, Hulk on the other hand was HOLDING BACK and just keeping up with Sentry.

eventually Sentry ran out of power, Hulk never can run out of power.

bbrem123

the whole point of Cho basically telling the reader that Hulk IS ALWAYS holding back, ALWAYS calculating the angles and pulling his punches, was to show that he had never truly let rip. then the WorldBreaker moment, and Cho's statement that it was the first time Hulk was truly in a murderous mood.

yes he was more calm then the sentry but he was not calm by any means

fully unleashing his powers is a statement by u...there is no proof...hulk was trying to stop the sentry for losing complete control...which the hulk accomplishes

and yes the hulk has let rip...he just lost total control at the end...the same thing that was happening to the sentry only the sentry gain control

OneDumbG0

im not arguing that he doesnt have unlimited strength If it helps you reconcile 'World War Hulk,' it's obvious Sentry had never really unleashed his power in the first place and his mental state was simply about letting go of his inhibitions and fears. His focus was not on beating WWH in a fight. I believe he was truly going all out. But he was not truly going all out to defeat WWH. If he was, he wouldn't so nonchalantly take WWH's pounding. He'd defend, dodge, counter, etc. He was going all out for the sake of going all out.

That's a pretty significant handicap. It's like Frazier standing there and letting Ali hit him so that he can get warmed up and let loose and still pretty much just stand there and let Ali hit him while he gives a few good shots of his own. If Sentry was fighting smart, who knows? But I spose on forum matches, CIS is still on and he may not have much else to offer until we see more.

bbrem123
you are, you are arguing that by -implication- Hulk's strength is limited. this is quite false as is the reasoning behind it. you say that his "anger can only take him so far", whereas you should realise that anger isn't necessary for Hulk to reach infinite levels of power.

Sentry states, very clearly, that he's never been able to unleash his powers on anyone before, but he knows that he can do so on Hulk, because Hulk can take it.

it takes a very bitter person to deny what's there in the text and the pretty blatant subtext. Sentry went nuts on Hulk, released all his anger, fury, anxieties, complexes and fears in one blitzkrieg upon The Hulk. and why did he do that? not because Hulk was a threat to the planet (he didn't care), not because Hulk is his enemy (he's not), but because it was cathartic. Sentry was beating on Hulk with ALL HE HAD, Hulk on the other hand was HOLDING BACK and just keeping up with Sentry.

eventually Sentry ran out of power, Hulk never can run out of power.

yes he kno he could hand it until he regain control which he did...thats y he reverted back

Pak even says this himself

janus77
hulk was trying to stop the sentry for losing complete control...which the hulk accomplishes
I see no credible reason for making such a weak supposition as this.
you ignore the obvious point that Pak makes which is that the words Hulk spoke (whilst thumping the shit out of Sentry) were as much an epiphany as they were a lesson.

this is why Hulk turns back into Bruce, he reaches an equilibrium with himself, he's no longer conflicted - check that quote you put up so gleefully - and this is why he really does begin to lose it when Meik reveals the depths of his failing (Hulk's failure to lead Meik by example).

as for the Sentry's full on unleashing against Hulk, I'll look up the scans, but iirc it's pretty clear.

janus77
yes he kno he could hand it until he regain control which he did...thats y he reverted back

Pak even says this himself
what are you trying to say? (besides the fact that you don't like Hulk and resent the fact that one fictional character is superior in power/strength to another).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>