Darth Zannah Vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthCuddles
1.Sabres
2.Force
3.All Out

Location- Naboo Plains

Tangible God
1. I know nothing about Zannah, but I'd give it to Maul for some reason.

2. Iunno.

3. Iunno.

Vibrant input eh?

chilled monkey
Sabres- Probably Maul, although it won't be easy. Zannah was able to briefly fend off an enraged Bane, and held her own against an elite Jedi warrior (trained by the Jedi Weapons Master) who was bigger and stronger than Bane, and was having his powers boosted by battle meditation.

OTOH, Maul is very fast, probably faster than her, and his hand-to-hand skills are almost certainly better. Zannah uses Form 3, so she'd last quite a while, but Maul, with his speed, h-t-h skills and Juyo mastery could well get through.

Force- Zannah. She was able to cloak herself with a fake aura of light-side power and stroll right into the Jedi archives with no-one realising what she really was. She also 'cloaked' both herself and Bane to hide from a Jedi search party, and was able to drive people insane by making them see terrifying hallucinations.

All-out- not sure. Zannah would probably go for the mind-****, but Maul might be able to resist it. Even then she could well be able to land a killing blow. It really could go either way I think.

BruceSkywalker
Maul takes 1 & 3

Faunus
I doubt Zannah's 'sorcery' is going to do much to Maul. This is the guy who shrugged off Force lightning.

Lightsnake
With Force users, I have the feeling you need to be hit when you're not prepared or defending yourself.

And unlike a certain Jedi Knight, Maul is not enough of an idiot TO STOP FIGHTING AND TURN AROUND when fighting Zannah

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Faunus
I doubt Zannah's 'sorcery' is going to do much to Maul. This is the guy who shrugged off Force lightning.

Not to mention a telepath was rendered catatonic while trying to read Maul's mind, suggesting that his psychic defences are very strong. Also, while he's not as tall or strong as Sarro, he's almost certainly faster.

I see the fight going something like this:

Zannah attempts to use Sith sorcery. Maul resists it and dispells the illusions. Zannah attacks while he's still distracted but he evades it. Zannah switches to defensive strategy as Maul attacks.

She fends off Maul's attacks for a good while but eventually he lands something like, say, a kick to the back of her knee. This throws off her balance and her defence falters enough for Maul to get through and land the killing blow.

I wouldn't rule Zannah out completely, but yeah, most likely Maul.

Faunus
Agreed. She's not quite good enough to compete with him yet.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Tangible God
1. I know nothing about Zannah, but I'd give it to Maul for some reason.

2. Iunno.

3. Iunno.

Vibrant input eh?

Actually, the most rational analysis.

I agree.

DarthHello
Okay. I've read Dynasty of Evil and found out that Zannah can cast a "Dark Side Tendrils" spell which instantly disintegrates matter on contact. She could also disintegrate Darovit's hand with her completely untrained power, and this was without even calling upon her anger or hatred. So I really doubt that Maul's lightsaber skills and force abilities could match Zannah's. Also, her illusions require an amazing amount of willpower TO SURVIVE the attack, let alone defend against it. Set Harth, a powerful dark jedi, took a few days to recover from her spell, even so he still showed visible signs of the spell. Her concealment spell was so powerful that 10 years later, Darth Cognus fell to the ground in pain when she tried to read Caleb's hut, so what more can her illusions spell do, given that she uses that more often? Also, Zannah could defend against Darth Bane's flurry of constantly changing lightsaber attacks that she had not even seen before, although with a fair amount of difficulty. I think this battle would go in her favor.

Q99
Considering Zannah's a Sith Master who completed her apprenticeship and killed Bane, and Maul's Sith Master pwned him, I'd say, Zannah.

juggerman
Originally posted by DarthHello
Okay. I've read Dynasty of Evil and found out that Zannah can cast a "Dark Side Tendrils" spell which instantly disintegrates matter on contact. She could also disintegrate Darovit's hand with her completely untrained power, and this was without even calling upon her anger or hatred. So I really doubt that Maul's lightsaber skills and force abilities could match Zannah's. Also, her illusions require an amazing amount of willpower TO SURVIVE the attack, let alone defend against it. Set Harth, a powerful dark jedi, took a few days to recover from her spell, even so he still showed visible signs of the spell. Her concealment spell was so powerful that 10 years later, Darth Cognus fell to the ground in pain when she tried to read Caleb's hut, so what more can her illusions spell do, given that she uses that more often? Also, Zannah could defend against Darth Bane's flurry of constantly changing lightsaber attacks that she had not even seen before, although with a fair amount of difficulty. I think this battle would go in her favor.

Awesome post and i agree completely thumb up

Zannah was ridiculously powerful

Ascendancy
^I'm with that guy. Speaks to most of the reasons that I would say Zannah takes it over Maul. She managed to win in the end against Bane, and Bane would mollywop Maul from here to eternity. She became the leader of the Sith; Maul fell because of his own arrogance and never showed anywhere near the mastery of the Force that Zannah displayed. She takes this handily.

ROTJ Vader
Zannah defeated Bane. She owns Maul with ease. Not even close.

S_W_LeGenD
1. Maul
2. Zannah
3. Zannah

In nutshell, Zannah will destroy Maul in a non-restricting fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.