Wolverine vs Li Mu Bai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
These are of course the movie versions. Who has the advantage here and who wins? It is a fight the god damn death.

Wolverine is caught caught taking out some frustration on tree's in Lu mu Bi's Forest. Big Lu get's all up in Wolverine's face and tells him that killing tree's is not peaceful and this kind of mindless aggression will cause him to come back as a dung beetle in his next life. Wolverine loses his shit and they start brawlin....who wins?

incase you dont know (if you dont, you are a failure) Lu MU BI is the dude from crouching tiger hidden dragon. He jumps around, knows kung-fu and shit and has the sword of destiny

Robtard
Lu will dodge and get in hits for a while, Wolerine will just keep on healing and coming until Lu's stamina begins to fade, then slice, Lu is dead.

Not a good fight, Lu is WAY outclassed.

Rogue Jedi
Indeed. Very one sided.

Placidity
Actually the Lu guy is a much better fighter, and the stuff he does in that kind of kung fu movie is pretty much mystical/supernatural. Anyway, he won't have a way of putting Woly down for the count so eventually he'll lose.

ragesRemorse
yea, but dude has the sword of destiny and...,he's chinese.

Rogue Jedi
Adamantium, people.

Impediment
His name is actually Li Mu Bai

Logan would kill Mr. Li.

DestinyGuy678
wolverine is no where as good as he is in the comics a couple of well placed striks could bring him down

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
His name is actually Li Mu Bai

Logan would kill Mr. Li. You give great cone.

celestialdemon
Wolverine wins. Li Mu Bai can't keep Logan down.

BruceSkywalker
Li Mu Bai is losing this hands down. There is nothing he can do to keep Logan down.

Rogue Jedi
Except maybe drop a crane on him.

idontknowshit
since li mu bai has the green destiny and wolverine is not fast enough, li's gonna cut both his arms and legs. it will heal but it will not grow back. then he's gonna cut his head.

Pwned
Originally posted by idontknowshit
since li mu bai has the green destiny and wolverine is not fast enough, li's gonna cut both his arms and legs. it will heal but it will not grow back. then he's gonna cut his head. HEY! NOBODY CUTS THE BEARD! *slashslashslashslash*

And there we have it folks. The wonders of fictional indestructible metals and superhuman powers vs steel.

cdtm
Li

Movie wolverine wasn't nearly as tough as his comic book counterpart, and if a bullet to the head or an attack from Creed could KO him, a blitz from LMB probably could as well, at least long enough for a win.

marwash22
Li has access to a gun with adamantium bullets? no expression

KingD19
And the only reason the policeman knocked him out for a bit in X2 was because the bullet hit him in the hole Stryker's bullet put in his skull in Origins.

Because Agent Zero's normal bullets only served to pissed him off.

Placidity
Originally posted by marwash22
Li has access to a gun with adamantium bullets? no expression

He means he was knocked out in X1 by a tree, and a single regular bullet in X2.

cdtm
Originally posted by Placidity
He means he was knocked out in X1 by a tree, and a single regular bullet in X2.

Yes. big grin

Origins Wolverine was probably tougher than Xmen Wolverine, but I still think Li Mu Bai has enough of a speed edge to basically flay all his skin and organs. The man beat the Green Destiny wielded by a meta level master with a stick, for crying out loud, he should be able to pile on the offense at his leisure...

marwash22
Li can do all te cutting he likes, he's simply not strong enough to put Wolverine down.

and since we're using feats from other movies, in The Last Stand Wolverine pretty much tanked (multiple times) an attack that disintegrated entire buildings. yeah, Li has no chance in hell.

cdtm
I saw that movie, and he was also hurt by far less.. PIS?

Strength is irrelevant here, but Li's treetop level leaps suggest he's in a one ton range himself, at least. More important Li has a HUGE speed edge, and enough of a skill edge where he can pace himself (He can basically casually block Wolverines claws with a twig, if he wanted to, and bounce away to a treetop or something if he needs a breather)

I know Wolverine fans love to believe he's immune to punishment, but that's never played out in the comics, and it certainly doesn't play out in the movies. If Li took out all of his organs in one swoop, it WILL hurt him. He's not the T-1000 from the Terminator movies, physical damage hurts him and slows him down, and heavy damage will take a least a little time to heal.

marwash22
Originally posted by cdtm
I saw that movie, and he was also hurt by far less.. PIS? so, only the portion that negates your argument is PIS?

m'kay.

Strength is irrelevant here it's very much relevant...

If Li took out all of his organs in one swoop, it WILL hurt him. no expression

high school biology was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure your skeleton protects your organs... wolverine's skeleton is adamantium. Li ain't getting anywhere near his organs. All of Li's cuts will be of the shallow variety and unless you just wanna lowball and complete throw out all the showings that you don't like, Li will eventually die.

Placidity

high school biology was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure your skeleton protects your organs... wolverine's skeleton is adamantium. Li ain't getting anywhere near his organs. All of Li's cuts will be of the shallow variety and unless you just wanna lowball and complete throw out all the showings that you don't like, Li will eventually die.

Let me refresh you memory then...

The abdomen, is particularly vulnerable. It is not surrounded by any bones. A long and deep cut will have anyone spilling their guts out on the floor.

http://www.yogagta.com/GEDC0483.JPG

http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/317071/530wm/P8350072-Chest_and_abdomen_CT_scan-SPL.jpg

And even in places where there are protective bones, a well placed strike/stab will still bypass it. Even the heart is vulnerable in this manner.

marwash22
thanks, but a stab to the gut ain't putting him down. You guys are seriously underrating Wolverine if you think Li just gets to play a game of "find the weak spot" without Wolverine being able to react.

KingD19
Weren't Sabretooth and Logan able to heal from a firing squad in Origins?

Or did that not happen?

Placidity
thanks, but a stab to the gut ain't putting him down. You guys are seriously underrating Wolverine if you think Li just gets to play a game of "find the weak spot" without Wolverine being able to react.

I don't believe I said that. My post was in regards to your claim that Wolverine's organs were all protected. A slash to the mid section does not require any particular accuracy nor is it so specific that it should be considered a "weak spot".

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
Weren't Sabretooth and Logan able to heal from a firing squad in Origins?

Or did that not happen?

Firstly, the feats are all inconsistent.

Secondly, yes they healed from the firing squad obviously, but the important details would be whether they were knocked out/where they were shot/power of the rifles (I would assume they were old ones) etc...

Quite frankly I don't see how they wouldn't have been out cold from that. Is that your position though? Pre-adamantium Wolvie and Sabes could run around with bullets in their brains?

marwash22
I don't believe I said that. My post was in regards to your claim that Wolverine's organs were all protected. A slash to the mid section does not require any particular accuracy nor is it so specific that it should be considered a "weak spot". sure. but MY POST was countering the idea that Li would be able to "cut out Wolverine's organs" and put him down... which would be damn near impossible for someone like HULK to do, let alone some random dude who has no superhuman strength whatsoever.

In context, my post is accurate.

Placidity
sure. but MY POST was countering the idea that Li would be able to "cut out Wolverine's organs" and put him down... which would be damn near impossible for someone like HULK to do, let alone some random dude who has no superhuman strength whatsoever.

In context, my post is accurate.

Hulk is a very bad analogy. He relies on blunt force trauma, which is not effective against Wolverine's adamantium skeleton, but due to his ridiculous strength, Wolverine gets put down anyway.

A bladed weapon is a completely different scenario.

Eviscerating Wolverine is definitely on the menu.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38862/1129924-ordxmen3_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38862/1129925-ordxmen4_super.jpg

dadudemon
Nice, Placidity. thumb up

Obviously, this is the MVF, but I think that fairly clearly makes your point since 616 is more canon than the movies (however inconsistent the "defeat" feats may be).

If this fight is to the death, Obviously Wolverine wins. If it is just to the knockout, Li can win fairly quickly.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
And the only reason the policeman knocked him out for a bit in X2 was because the bullet hit him in the hole Stryker's bullet put in his skull in Origins.

Because Agent Zero's normal bullets only served to pissed him off.

Wolverine didn't have a hole in his head in X1 or X2.

We see an X-Ray of his skeleton in X1, no hole.

The bullet in X2 didn't go into his brain, it cut through the skin and smashed against his adamantium skull, you can see it for a second as the bullet is pushed out and it heals over.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Wolverine didn't have a hole in his head in X1 or X2.

We see an X-Ray of his skeleton in X1, no hole.

The bullet in X2 didn't go into his brain, it cut through the skin and smashed against his adamantium skull, you can see it for a second as the bullet is pushed out and it heals over.

I can explain the problem with W:O and X1 and X2 showing no hole:

Wolverine's adamantium skeleton is actually "organic". It can heal itself. no expression This is ALMOST backed up by some things in the 616 universe. I believe the wiki calls it beta-adamantium but that type doesn't heal with the bone.

Placidity
Originally posted by dadudemon

Wolverine's adamantium skeleton is actually "organic". It can heal itself. no expression This is ALMOST backed up by some things in the 616 universe. I believe the wiki calls it beta-adamantium but that type doesn't heal with the bone.

I believe me and Rob already discussed this point a long time ago, I would agree with him that it was just bad writing. It wouldn't be the first consistency error, in fact the whole movie just wreaks of continuity errors.

dadudemon
I believe me and Rob already discussed this point a long time ago, I would agree with him that it was just bad writing. It wouldn't be the first consistency error, in fact the whole movie just wreaks of continuity errors.

Must...resist...giving in to the....obvious. pained

Robtard

There was nothing in the films to even hint that adamantium can "heal", it was just a stupid goof inconsistent with the other films.

dadudemon
There was nothing in the films to even hint that adamantium can "heal", it was just a stupid goof inconsistent with the other films.

That's actually incorrect: the adamantium bullet clearly went through Logan's skull but it healed anyway. It was an actual "precursor" to the three films we had seen already with the same characters: the metal hole clearly healed.

Mix in a bit of the beta-adamantium bullshit in 616 and you end up with adamantium that can heal.

Robtard
That's actually incorrect: the adamantium bullet clearly went through Logan's skull but it healed anyway. It was an actual "precursor" to the three films we had seen already with the same characters: the metal hole clearly healed.

Mix in a bit of the beta-adamantium bullshit in 616 and you end up with adamantium that can heal.

Because his body can heal, as seen, skin, tissue, bone etc heal; not the adamantium that had a hole punched through it.

If you're bringing in the comics, then adamantium can not heal as well, as seen in the Age of Apocalypse and Old Man Logan series. There's likely more.

Wolverine:Origins had bad writing, dude, no need to look further. It happens.

dadudemon
Because his body can heal, as seen, skin, tissue, bone etc heal; not the adamantium that had a hole punched through it.

That's incorrect: it clearly healed because his skull was "clean" with no hole in the forehead in X-men 1 and 2. big grin

If you're bringing in the comics, then adamantium can not heal as well, as seen in the Age of Apocalypse and Old Man Logan series. There's likely more.

No, I'm only bringing in 616 to provide a possibly justification for why they can pretend adamanitum heals: it is only a slight extension of what beta-adamantium is supposed to be.

Wolverine:Origins had bad writing, dude, no need to look further. It happens.

Oh, I agree. But so did Star Trek: TNG. There's different kinds of 'bad writing".

BruceSkywalker
That's incorrect: it clearly healed because his skull was "clean" with no hole in the forehead in X-men 1 and 2. big grin

No, I'm only bringing in 616 to provide a possibly justification for why they can pretend adamanitum heals: it is only a slight extension of what beta-adamantium is supposed to be.

Oh, I agree. But so did Star Trek: TNG. There's different kinds of 'bad writing".

star trek: tng didn't have bad writing.. mad stick out tongue big grin

Kazenji
Hulk is a very bad analogy. He relies on blunt force trauma, which is not effective against Wolverine's adamantium skeleton, but due to his ridiculous strength, Wolverine gets put down anyway.

A bladed weapon is a completely different scenario.

Eviscerating Wolverine is definitely on the menu.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38862/1129924-ordxmen3_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38862/1129925-ordxmen4_super.jpg

If your using stuff from 616

Yeah "Eviscerating Wolverine is definitely on the menu" but he can fight back not like he will sit there and let his guts pour out.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
star trek: tng didn't have bad writing.. mad stick out tongue big grin

I thought the same but, recently, I am re-watching the entire series and I am noticing plotholes in every other episode. sad

the ninjak
I thought the same but, recently, I am re-watching the entire series and I am noticing plotholes in every other episode. sad

I started watching it about a few months ago but stopped to study.

What kinda plot holes?

Newjak
I would say judging by Wolverine's fights with Mystique and Lady Deathstrike that Wolverine could endure Li Mu Bai's attacks long enough to land that blow that would finish him off.

0mega Spawn
mystique damn near killed him with her feet erm

LI stabs logans eyes out repeatedly

Newjak
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
mystique damn near killed him with her feet erm

LI stabs logans eyes out repeatedly No she didn't, she did trounce him for sure but it wasn't anything lasting or took him out of the fight. Wolverine was straight up fighting through all of it, and look at the damage DS brought against him with her knife hands.

As good as Li was he wasn't some super humanly fast super sonic fighter. Wolverine still has the weapons advantage in that Wolverine will carve the Green Destiny to pieces.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Newjak
No she didn't, she did trounce him for sure but it wasn't anything lasting or took him out of the fight. Wolverine was straight up fighting through all of it, and look at the damage DS brought against him with her knife hands.

As good as Li was he wasn't some super humanly fast super sonic fighter. Wolverine still has the weapons advantage in that Wolverine will carve the Green Destiny to pieces. going off how easily mystique kick wolvies ass Lu would do so in spectacular fashion
for about 30 mins straight then get tired & drive his sword through wolvies his eye sockets

Newjak
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
going off how easily mystique kick wolvies ass Lu would do so in spectacular fashion
for about 30 mins straight then get tired & drive his sword through wolvies his eye sockets You know besides the high flying wire work in CTHD, I would say Mystique could hold her own in a fist fight with most of those characters.

Also Li may take Wolverine's eyes but he will grow them back you know.

That's if Li still has sword by then. Remember even in CTHD they still had to block attacks it wasn't like they were super fast people.

BruceSkywalker

i am sure i know some of those plotholes but i don't worry about them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.