Viewtiful Joe VS. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThoraxeRMG
Who shall win?!

carnage52
joe tries to do a cartwhell kick and gets his legs ripped off.

ThoraxeRMG
I forgot to mention, no biased comments filled with ignorance.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by carnage52
joe tries to do a cartwhell kick and gets his legs ripped off.

Jedah Materia
Joe could possibly take this...possibly. It's a close one, imo.

carnage52
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
I forgot to mention, no biased comments filled with ignorance. you seriously think that joe has a chance of beating dante?

Nemesis X
The Viewtiful Joe game sucks and thank god I only rented it instead of buying it or I would have been pissed and toss the game out the window and into the dumpster.

The Devil May Cry games were so much better than that crappy cartoon game.

Dante will either put a bullet between Joe's eyes or he'll slice his head off. This fight will be over in 1 sec.

This fight insults Dante. You put him up against Joe? What the hell is next, Dante vs. Pikachu?! BS man!!

GenomeFrozener
Honestly, you brought this thread back to say something so retarded?

Hellfire Jedah
Joe has the power to Slow time, speed it up, super strength, high durability and he can zoom in to make his hits harder, posiblly instant kill...

And yet Dante cubs'im...lol.

k1Lla441
this thread is getting really funny, i laughed really hard to some of the stuff you guys said..... but any ways dante takes this too easy, because he can also control time, which was the only thing joe had. this a kill.

GenomeFrozener
It's really humorous that a moron decided to bump a thread just to say something so ignorant.
Lulz.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Vampire Savior
Joe has the power to Slow time, speed it up, super strength, high durability and he can zoom in to make his hits harder, posiblly instant kill...

And yet Dante cubs'im...lol.

Those time powers...effect him as well (and everything else) where as Dante's doesn't.

leonheartmm
well, dante was the better character even IN vietiful joe{yes he can be unlocked and played with as a hidden character in the game}, nough said

Vampire Savior
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Those time powers...effect him as well (and everything else) where as Dante's doesn't. You do got a point there but Joe is really skilled when fightin at those speeds. I don't think Dante can handle fightin so fast he sets on fire.

killermover
Nuclear Punches > Devil Trigger.

BloodRain
Nuclear what now?

TheGoldenSpy
Time slow/stop is possibly the most overrated power in all of fiction. Unless the time stop only speeds up your perceptions and movement, its a double edged sword. Sure the opponents movement is incapacitated, but so is his entire body. Time is a requirement along with physics to do any kind of damage. Otherwise it would be impossible to split the opponents flesh apart without time moving.

The guy that made these characters seems to be obsessed with it.

MooCowofJustice
I don't think Dante can hit Joe. no expression

BloodRain
I agree Spy. Find it strange how even a weak character with that power can basically stop the time of the universe..

And why not Moo?

MooCowofJustice
Fastest I've seen Dante move wasn't even his own movement, it was falling. And Joe moves just as fast of his own accord.

BloodRain
Raindrop and no, had the same convoy with BT ages ago. He's running down, running, not falling. Kinda why his legs were moving about like that. After those we have a mach 7, 6 and a few 3's.

Only seen a few clips and have yet to come across anything fast outside of his time powers.

TheGoldenSpy
Dantes speeds is hard to measure. He took around a minute to run down that tower that was likely the same height as the sears tower or possibly less. Apart from a bunch of flashy flames he took much longer than he should have. Basically just a scene to make him look good. He's a little overrated when it comes to speed imo.

Bullet timer sometimes then can't move out of the way from a drop kick from Nero or punch from beowulf.

BloodRain
That tower run follows the time play effect that's constant in DMC. (Like the slow motion scenes where the main is movibg at normal speeds) Probable was longer then it was meant to but friction speaks for itself.

Oh that's because of his cockiness and his ''not like it can kill me'' attitude.

TheGoldenSpy
Naw because there were flying creatures following him and when he shot a bullet it moved at the same speed aswell as the rain etc. Friction can't be used as a point of reference and then brush off the speed.Then there was one scene where something falls from the top and it took way less than then the amount dante took and he didn't have any friction. Doubt any friction can build up from that distance anyways.

Basically just a cheesy scene, but can't be used to quantify Dantes speed. Too many contradictions, inconsistent with the tower height etc.

MooCowofJustice
I KNOW you're not going to use that bullshit raindrop thing either. Lmfao. That thing is so ridiculous. And wasn't it not even canon? It totally differentiated from the real story.

I saw no leg movement. A mach 7 and 6 after that though? Doubt it.

Dante is overrated when it comes to everything. I remember people saying he had a great healing factor, but all I've ever seen is him walk a few minutes after he gets impaled with absolutely no visual effect of healing at all, leaving his fans to assume he healed.

BloodRain
Bullshit? Theyre moving at normal speeds while the rain isnt moving at all. Its not a confusing or complex thing no expression avrg rain drop is 5m/s, theyre moving 1mm/s there, the twins are moving 5000x faster min. Literally min. Could of used a max split 10m/s drop AND its not just 5k speed its 5k times what their slashing was. So mach 15 is a nice min for that scene at it all makes sense.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=32075971&postcount=1750
http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=32081493&postcount=1777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5czOZhws6s
Yeaaah... may want to watch that again.

LLLC guys cant talk about overrating ;3 Le gosh you thinking his wounds magically disappear? You can't honestly be suggesting that Dante doesn't have a high healing factor because, wow..

Nephthys
Yeah, I can't see how anyone could argue the rain thing wasn't a speed feat. erm

Nah, theres a break in the cutscene where the boss battle takes place. The rain feat presumably took place during that.

BloodRain
Sit back, bound to see more of it.

The way I see it the best speed for a character goes from playing around<casual<serious. His playing around is near mach 10.. why is it a shock that a serious one is 15?

MooCowofJustice
Rain suspension, non canon, bulshit, etc etc.

Nephthys
Rain suspension? erm

MooCowofJustice
While this rain "feat" is happening, there is a consistent line of rain forming a bit of a dome shape over the top of the two, while more rain falls at it's regular speed around that dome. When the two stop fighting, a wave of water crashes over them, signifying that more rain was collected and was released when the fight stopped.

Why he chooses to ignore this I will never know.

BloodRain
Lol ignore? I countered that last time and you just didn't want to hear it, or did and ignored it. Seems to be a common thing /shrugs
If you were to move at that speed and span around in the rain all the rain near you would be pushed out as you're moving too fast for the rain to fill up the space you just moved. Then when everythings back to normal the rain falls as usual but now as the collection of water you pushed away.

And that's what's happening. The only other explanation is that the twins have some unknown power that they decided to used together to... hold water over their heads for lulz

TheGoldenSpy
When I saw that scene I thought that them slamming thier swords together caused a shockwave to form around them.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by BloodRain
Lol ignore? I countered that last time and you just didn't want to hear it, or did and ignored it. Seems to be a common thing /shrugs
If you were to move at that speed and span around in the rain all the rain near you would be pushed out as you're moving too fast for the rain to fill up the space you just moved. Then when everythings back to normal the rain falls as usual but now as the collection of water you pushed away.

And that's what's happening. The only other explanation is that the twins have some unknown power that they decided to used together to... hold water over their heads for lulz

Glad you agree Dante can't move that fast.

Nephthys
087gJdYkYF0

At 1.11 you can see them fighting at normal speeds while the rain is unmoving in the air. This requires them to be moving at hypersonic speeds. A few seconds later we see them stop and a sudden onrush of water fall with a splash.

It doesn't makes sense for the rain to be suspended because of a shockwave or anything. If that was the case the wave would cause the rain to be pushed outwards in all directions and keep moving in those directions, not just hang there unaffected by gravity and then drop. Also a shockwave with the force required to completely stop a raindrops descent would cause it to splat just as if it had hit a solid surface, not hang there in perfect serenity.

MooCowofJustice
Vidya blocked. And I've seen this thing. The rain IS moving, that's the problem. The very explanation for the wave of water contradicts that kind of speed in the first place.

No End N Site
That rain feat can be believed. Dante can toy with demons made of electricity and cancel out bullets with bullets...regularly.

People don't really get how fast and skilled you have to be to shoot bullets outta the air at will when ever you feel like it. That is consistently speedy at ALL times. It's not a feat, it is a regular occurrence.

And Dante's regen is pretty high. I found that out through Ryota Niitusmura (MVC3 Producer). He explains that Dante's regen is so fast that Deadpool was shootin' the guy point blank but was healin' so fast that the bullet holes closed before another could enter. Hence, why his coat looked like swiss cheese but his body was fine.

BloodRain
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Glad you agree Dante can't move that fast.

Please learn how to read or stop using delusional reasons for it floating and get back to me.

And did anyone else hear that slo-mo sound at 1:11? stick out tongue

Edit: If someone can look at Dante standing up through Alastor and disagree to high regen then their view is worthless no expression Hey No End you got a link to that?

Nephthys
lVtVkmTQbxY&feature=related

You can actually see the individual rain drops suspended in mid-air, utterly still. If you still can't see it then you'll just have to trust me. If you want we can ask the other guys who can see it, at 1.17, the rain is completely stantionary as they move. Guys, back me up here.

How so?

About his regen:

SGv5w3kCVHc&feature=related

At 2.10 you can see him rip a blade out of his chest and theres no wound or even blood left. He doesn't bleed at all after he pulls it, so theres only the explanation that he regened it insanely fast.

BloodRain
Doesnt need backing up, the clip proves it all. The rain isn't moving.

Regen;
-Once or twice in the manga
-By the sins, 3 times by Vergil, Lady shooting him and by Vergil himself in 3
-By Trish and Alastor in 1
-Shot I think and stabbed by on two occasions by Abigail in the anime
-By Nero, and Nero himself in 4
-Whats said from MVC3

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Dante is overrated when it comes to everything. I remember people saying he had a great healing factor, but all I've ever seen is him walk a few minutes after he gets impaled with absolutely no visual effect of healing at all, leaving his fans to assume he healed.

He does have a pretty good healing factor actually, but it isn't 'great'. A great healing factor would involve the regen of limbs, heads and such, but Dante doesn't have that level of regen as of yet.
He gets impaled repeatedly, but the wounds seemingly regen once he removes whatever impaled him. And he has survived a headshot before he even awakened his Devil Trigger, which boosts his regen.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, I can't see how anyone could argue the rain thing wasn't a speed feat. erm

Nah, theres a break in the cutscene where the boss battle takes place. The rain feat presumably took place during that.

Nada. It does not take place during the boss battle portion of the Dante-Vergil fight.

Watch the cutscenes.
So in the introduction cutscene (where we see the rain feat), we have: Rain feat -> Dante & Vergil have a Sword Clash (This part is important. In the intro, this is where we see that roof of water collapse around them) -> Vergil disarms Dante, and stabs him with the Yamato

Whereas in the actual cutscene (which takes precedence over the intro), we have: Dante & Vergil conversing -> Dante charges at Vergil -> Dante & Vergil have a Sword Clash (In the actual cutscene, there is no roof of water that collapses around them) -> Vergil disarms Dante, and stabs him with the Yamato

Not only is the rain feat impossible to place in the timeline of the actual battle, but the fact that no roof of water collapses during the sword clash in the actual cutscene further proves that the feat is just non-canon.

Now, you can go ahead and argue that non-canon feats apply to a character, but I don't think that's allowed. kruemelmonsteryn0

TheGoldenSpy
besides not like he was doing that by himself. Virgil was contributing half of it. Find it strange how dante allegedly can fight that fast but yet can't move out of the way from a very human thrust by Virgil.

Demonic Phoenix
^ That's just thanks to Vergil's skill with a sword. Not to mention, Vergil's badassery being infinitely superior to Dante's.

BloodRain
Actually in the sense that the creator made that scene, his consent and doings and all, in terms of what the character can do its a canon showing. In place with the story? Debatable with the the timing or representation. But the creator is showing us what the twins are capable of no matter how you look at it.

Now, unless Moo wants to say that Dante cant lift a ton or that his guns don't really shoot bullets I think we're pretty much done here.

Demonic Phoenix
Actually in the sense that the creator made that scene, his consent and doings and all, in terms of what the character can do its a canon showing. In place with the story? Debatable with the the timing or representation. But the creator is showing us what the twins are capable of no matter how you look at it.

Now, unless Moo wants to say that Dante cant lift a ton or that his guns don't really shoot bullets I think we're pretty much done here.

It isn't even debatable as to whether or not the feat actually happened. It simply does not have a place in the timeline of the game; not based on the event that directly follows the feat, which is slightly different in the actual cutscene, i.e. the feat is contradictory to the actual events of the battle.
It's a feat that is used for the purposes of making the twins look stylish, along with providing a teaser to the fight.

As to whether or not they are capable of performing the feat, meh, I'm undecided. I do, however, think that they are capable of fighting at those speeds.

BloodRain
As we come to near enough the same conclusion ill agree to disagree about the rest -nods-

Just saw that Joe's speed boost puts him up to mach speed... the bovine almost had me thinking >__>

Demonic Phoenix
Then you would be wrong to disagree with me over the canonicity of the feat. sneer

Hmm. How fast is Jester/Arkham?

MooCowofJustice
Joe reaches Mach 5. He fights fast enough to light himself on fire, yo. And I still don't buy Dante being > than that, or close to it for that matter.

BloodRain
@DP: Canon > canon, so thar ahah

Mach 2-3 for playing with E&I's shots.
The gun the Blue Rose is based on fires 600+m/s bullets, Nero's is a heavy modified version of that so imo would bump it up to or exceed mach 2. E&I can match/beat it in speed.

@Moo: I read the wiki and it says he get a flame 'shield', could be wrong but its sounding like its an effect of the power rather then friction.. it does call him 'supersonic dude' when getting it /shrugs
So even though we see Dante getting heat on his run down.. the same thing you'd go and support for Joe, you still doubt it? Hm then you'd be the only one since pre-calc BT to to believe that no expression

Edit: Joe uses a his limited VFX abilities to get to bullet timing... something Dante can to 'literally' blindfolded in his base form.

MooCowofJustice
Joe can use his slow to dodge just about anything. He can dodge point blank tank shells with it, even.

BloodRain
Soooo... mach 2-3.

Take it you didn't read the mach 6&7 links.

Let me put it another way: The red head hasnt got any note-worth speed yet until he uses a power up, that puts him at high bullet time.
The white haired one can/has done what you said without even looking, with no speed boost or time power.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah didn't read any links.

BloodRain
Then in that case Joe can't touch Dante.

Demonic Phoenix
@DP: Canon > canon, so thar ahah

Mach 2-3 for playing with E&I's shots.
The gun the Blue Rose is based on fires 600+m/s bullets, Nero's is a heavy modified version of that so imo would bump it up to or exceed mach 2. E&I can match/beat it in speed.

Good thing the rain feat is Non-Canon then. vin

Hmm, that is higher than what I was expecting. So a fairly tired out DMC3 Dante got pwned by a Mach 3 level dude.
Looks like Joe should aim to exhaust Dante's stamina via his abilities, and then move in for the kill. peaches

BloodRain
It's canon enough ohrly

Nahh he'll be back to normal Joe by then ;]

killermover
Joe wins for being funnier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.