How Would YOU Get Around?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eel O'Brian
So, we've seen every method of travel from webs to flight to surfboards and thrones. But, if you were told to design your own method of travel for yourself to get around (with your super powers, etc.), what would you come up with?

And don't everybody go for 50, 0000x lightspeed flight etc.

Also assume you've got the durability and whatnot to survive your travel.

I'll post mine in a bit...

llagrok
I'd put a saddle on Soljer and ride him around like a little horsie.

Darth Macabre
I'd teleport, via engulfing myself in fire and burning down the gates of space and time.

...sweet.

Starscream M
I'd like roll in a wheelchair with an infinite energy source and constructed out of adamantium

Newjak
You know in theory the idea of flying around on a giant silver surf board is kinda lame.

In practice though it is awesome looking. It makes everything seem elegant, and majestic.

So that is how I would roll like the Surfer.

ScarletSpeed
Light speed Motorbike with vibranium armour, adamantium blades etc, and a vibranium gun turret that shoots adamantium spike bullets at the speed of light peaches

oh and it comes with satnav and autopilot as wellweird

Eel O'Brian
I wouldn't choose a surfboard. I'd rather go with a super version of Green Goblin's glider. Something I could stand up on for Surfer-esque flight or lie down on at high speeds.

Capable of near light speeds, etc.

I'd also make it look a little more techy. But cool techy, not like the New Gods techy.

Silver surfboard might be cool. Silver glider? Not so much.

Otherwise bringing up some frictionless mumbo jumbo to protect me from the high speeds, capable of cutting through anything, etc.

Not unlike a more kickass look on the Dragoon, if anybody recognized the reference to the Kirby games (or Smash Bros Brawl).

mmm

Newjak
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
I wouldn't choose a surfboard. I'd rather go with a super version of Green Goblin's glider. Something I could stand up on for Surfer-esque flight or lie down on at high speeds.

Capable of near light speeds, etc.

I'd also make it look a little more techy. But cool techy, not like the New Gods techy.

Silver surfboard might be cool. Silver glider? Not so much.

Otherwise bringing up some frictionless mumbo jumbo to protect me from the high speeds, capable of cutting through anything, etc.

Not unlike a more kickass look on the Dragoon, if anybody recognized the reference to the Kirby games (or Smash Bros Brawl).

mmm I get what you are saying but I don't know.

SS's surfboard simplistic nature just seems to make this kinda majestic look to it. I kinda dig that over the tech look.

Badabing
Originally posted by Newjak
elegant, and majestic. Originally posted by Newjak
majestic Shut up. dur

Eel O'Brian
I get what you are saying but I don't know.

SS's surfboard simplistic nature just seems to make this kinda majestic look to it. I kinda dig that over the tech look. thumb up

I get where you're coming from.

----------------------------------------

Another that I'd love to have is a "super steed".

Pegasus, for instance, attuned to my thoughts/commands and mythical/gladiatorial gear of my own to complete the mythical warrior look.

Not capable of space travel, but I think it'd look sweet (though less practical in a day to day environment).

Symmetric Chaos
Cosmic La-z-boy. Something like the Mobius Chair or Thano's throne but with, ya know, padding or something.

Oh and weapons. Lots of hidden weapons.

The magic key is also a favorite. A key that can open any closed door so that it connects to any other portal in the universe.

Eel O'Brian
It'd be pretty sweet to travel between computers through cyberspace.

ScarletSpeed
I was gonna say that,

like literally surf the web

or travel through infrared or radio wavesor somethingstick out tongue

Eel O'Brian
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I was gonna say that,

like literally surf the web

or travel through infrared or radio wavesor somethingstick out tongue Yeah, just exist as data and beam yourself around.

Or one could travel like Deadman, and just possess people with superpowers when they need to.

ScarletSpeed
or travel through electricity, oxygen or c02no expressionbig grin

Eel O'Brian
Be like a bodyless telepath and travel as a thought between peoples heads.

ScarletSpeed
ahhh I like it,

big grin

Neo Darkhalen
I'd use a throne or a battleship....make an entrance and all....or i would go with the traditional wings for flight method....although electrical travel sounds good.

TricksterPriest
Giant robot. Mecha always pwn.

That or Boom tube.

llagrok
Door.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by llagrok
Door.

aren't you creative haermm

Galan007
Moving like the Spot would be cool - but across country wide distances.

Grinning Goku
Teleportation, flight or super speed for me.

Raoul
flying at whatever speed i so desire... yes, i read the thread title, but dammit, flying under ones own power is just that damn awesome...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Giant robot. Mecha always pwn.

Until you have to park. They always skip over that in anime. Seriously trying to get an RX-78-2 into a parking lot is impossible.

Eel O'Brian
Originally posted by Raoul
flying at whatever speed i so desire... yes, i read the thread title, but dammit, flying under ones own power is just that damn awesome... You there?

I ****ing hate your MSN.

----------------------------------------------------

Taking Ironman's armor, making it even sleeker and more movement-based would be pretty sweet stuff, even just as transport.

shksprtx
I would have a mystical hammer, and enough strength so that if I throw it, and then hang on to the leather strap, I can...oh, wait...

Seriously, though: Quantum switching. As opposed to actual teleportation, Quantum switching is where the atoms of your body exchanges quantum atomic states with the atoms in another region of space/time. I think. I'm no physicist, but I think that's a damn cool concept.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Until you have to park. They always skip over that in anime. Seriously trying to get an RX-78-2 into a parking lot is impossible.

Pshh, just knock over a building. big grin

Juntai
I'd roll like Metron.

Bouboumaster
A flyng chair. So I could continue to watch the Montreal Habs pwning your team while I fly. cool

Or, I would yell "Beam me up, Scotty!" And I could be teleported away, it would like kinda cool.

Bardamu
A surf board (not original but fun ^^).

shksprtx
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
A flyng chair. So I could continue to watch the Montreal Habs pwning your team while I fly. cool

Or, I would yell "Beam me up, Scotty!" And I could be teleported away, it would like kinda cool.

So, in other words, a contraption like Orion's...

Erik-Lensherr
flying at whatever speed i so desire... yes, i read the thread title, but dammit, flying under ones own power is just that damn awesome...

thumb up laughing out loud

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

ofcourse you would have to pay extra for the built in TVsad

Mindship
Surfboard, or some kinda platform. Because nothing is cooler than flying standing up.

willRules
Rolling. Just lay there and roll.

no expression

Doctor-Alvis
Surfer's board and Goblin's glider are both pretty cool. I'm torn between those and the portals from ReBoot.

It's a snazzy image seeing people casually walk out of the shiny sphere that appears out of nowhere.

Raoul
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
You there?

I ****ing hate your MSN.

----------------------------------------------------

Taking Ironman's armor, making it even sleeker and more movement-based would be pretty sweet stuff, even just as transport.

i hate my msn too...

Originally posted by Juntai
I'd roll like Metron.

or charles xavier... stick out tongue

Newjak
i hate my msn too...

or charles xavier... stick out tongue That was low Paul. Real Low sad

Raoul
xavier walks, now, anyways...

Newjak
xavier walks, now, anyways... I know but still... stick out tongue

Raoul
I know but still... stick out tongue

he said 'roll like metron'

if i hadnt said it, someone else was bound to... stick out tongue

Newjak
he said 'roll like metron'

if i hadnt said it, someone else was bound to... stick out tongue Good point stick out tongue

tjcoady
I'd go with the Red Ronin armor.

Handy for fighting Godzilla, too.

Deathstroke
Something like Lobo's bike would be sweet. Just a totally badass space hog loaded with with weapons.

D_A_R_E
I'll just go for something a little less flashy. lol I'd have blood red black streaked wings that I could pop in and out of our demension at will.

zbucsz
gaint slingshot

willRules
laughing

~The Wickerman~
Walk...cause it sends a message cool

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/SP9-12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/SP9-13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/SP9-14.jpg

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Until you have to park. They always skip over that in anime. Seriously trying to get an RX-78-2 into a parking lot is impossible. dude, the RX-78 can make a parking lot wherever the hell it want to, and that is the "weakest" gundam.
---------------------------------

mijolnir for me, you get to be thor also....2 birds, one uru stone

wink

IronFistPOWER
A pink scooter that has no special powers.

Really though i would travel like iron fist, if you catch my drift.

llagrok
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Walk...cause it sends a message cool

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/SP9-12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/SP9-13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/SP9-14.jpg

What comic is that from?

Scoobless
A couch attached to a hot air balloon.

smile

Placidity
Portals I can open and close that leads to anywhere I want.

Summoning a mystical phoenix that I can ride, it can also travel at warp speeds.

When on land, I'll summon a mystical Lion that can breathe fire and do all sorts of other crazy shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.