What If???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shksprtx
If you could write a "What If?" type story for Marvel, DC, or one of the other companies, what would the premise be?

If you already have something in mind that you are trying to shop around, you certainly don't have to go into detail, but I thought this could be an interesting discussion.

For example, I would love to script a "What if Tony Stark never became Iron Man" story.

It would go back to Iron Man's origin. Captured by Wong Chu but uninjured by shrapnel, Stark develops Stockholm Syndrome and, rather than secretly develop the Iron Man armor, becomes a Communist sympathizer, lending his technical expertise to Wong Chu. Eventually, Stark discovers a wrecked alien ship of unknown origin and comes into possession of a set of rings which give him a multitude of powers. Donning a mask, Stark takes up the mantle of the Mandarin. As the Mandarin, he becomes Wong Chu's strong-arm enforcer, and wreaks havoc as an anti-American terrorist.

Not sure how I would have that develop or where I would go with it. I think Iron Man would eventually come into being, but I'm not sure who it would be or how.

jimmydepee
what if Superman become green lantern rather than Kyle rayner

what if it was Clark kent that was walking down that street rather than kyle so instead of kyle girlfriend dying i was lois so superman become evil and destroyed the world

and what if hulk had let tony and dr strange die

D_A_R_E
What if Raven had been evil and was in league with Trigon?

What if Wonder Woman had never been molded from clay?

What if Clark Kent had been found by some one like Lex Luthor?

Mine are quite lame I think.. XP

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by shksprtx
If you could write a "What If?" type story for Marvel, DC, or one of the other companies, what would the premise be?

If you already have something in mind that you are trying to shop around, you certainly don't have to go into detail, but I thought this could be an interesting discussion.

For example, I would love to script a "What if Tony Stark never became Iron Man" story.

It would go back to Iron Man's origin. Captured by Wong Chu but uninjured by shrapnel, Stark develops Stockholm Syndrome and, rather than secretly develop the Iron Man armor, becomes a Communist sympathizer, lending his technical expertise to Wong Chu. Eventually, Stark discovers a wrecked alien ship of unknown origin and comes into possession of a set of rings which give him a multitude of powers. Donning a mask, Stark takes up the mantle of the Mandarin. As the Mandarin, he becomes Wong Chu's strong-arm enforcer, and wreaks havoc as an anti-American terrorist.

Not sure how I would have that develop or where I would go with it. I think Iron Man would eventually come into being, but I'm not sure who it would be or how.

With a solid writer, I could see this one being a great one shot. thumb up Or even a two or three parter.

I'd love for someone to write a story about Superman experiencing cosmic awareness........., and having it go way out of control ala Genis.

llagrok
What if Janet had hit Hank?

Originally posted by jimmydepee
what if Superman become green lantern rather than Kyle rayner

what if it was Clark kent that was walking down that street rather than kyle so instead of kyle girlfriend dying i was lois so superman become evil and destroyed the world

and what if hulk had let tony and dr strange die

When did he rescue them?

The Pict
What If Kitty Pryde hadn't the phased the bullet at the climax of Astonishing X-Men?

There would only be a handful of Humans (including mutants here) left, and the majority of them super powered. Where would they go from there?

Darth Macabre
What if Adam X was actually in a story?

Nihilist
what if professor xavier had become the juggernaut
what if apocalypse had gained the power of the twelve

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Nihilist

Hasn't that been done?

willRules
What if someone had poked the watcher in both eyes?

llagrok

This actually happened, like 20 years ago dur

I would also like to see Apocalypse with the power of the twelve. We got a taste of how powerful he would have become.

Neo Darkhalen
I made up my own mini series once lol, just wrote down key points on a piece of paper, i had a what if related to that.

jimmydepee
what if cap hadn't died and him and Bucky were together
What if mutants stop felling for them selves

Nihilist
Originally posted by llagrok
This actually happened, like 20 years ago dur

i am talking about a new uptake and making him really bad ass.

llagrok
i am talking about a new uptake and making him really bad ass.

He was really badass.

Nihilist
He was really badass.
not bad ass enough imo

llagrok
not bad ass enough imo

Beat all of earth's superpowered beings and ruled the world?

What more can he do?

Nihilist
Beat all of earth's superpowered beings and ruled the world?

What more can he do?
beat up skyfather lvl people.

llagrok
beat up skyfather lvl people.

How? Most skyfathers would **** through cyttorak's enchantment.

Nihilist
How? Most skyfathers would **** through cyttorak's enchantment.
srsly forget it.

Darth Macabre
I actually have a story in mind, that I keep toying around with. The back story is taken from various media formats, mostly X-Men Evolution. Well, for those of you who don't know, Mesmero in that format was a tattooed, powerful, telepath who knew martial arts and spoke with a middle eastern accent; over all, he was just a much better character than what he is in comics. Well, I always had a "What if" based around him, basically saying "What if Mesmero was the son of Shadow King?"

The story would play out with Shadow King contacting Mesmero from the Astral Plain, telling him to get a body for him ready, and they go on to take over the world.

Erik-Lensherr
What if Superman Prime was warped into the Marvel Universe, instead of the DC one, and found himself on Marvel Earth.

SevenShackles
i would like to see a Planet Hulk 'What if?' where there is no explosion and hulk stays on planet with his queen and son. brings together all the people of the planet. the have to face something like the annihilation wave lead by Ravenous.

what do ya'll think of that idea?

Newjak
Ok then here is a new one. What if MArvel and DC merged and Wonder Woman and the Juggernaut got married.

The comedy gold writes itself I tell ya just ask Raoul. stick out tongue

spidey-dude
what if lisa acutally asked screech to marry her

Takion
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
What if Superman Prime was warped into the Marvel Universe, instead of the DC one, and found himself on Marvel Earth.
(An honest answer)

Sentry or Hulk FTW

Soljer
Originally posted by Takion
(An honest answer)

Sentry or Hulk FTW

Ahahahaha!

fangirl101
What if Thanos didnt' have any power ups in his quest for power?
What if DS never got the Omega Force?
What if Superman landed under a red sun?

Takion
Originally posted by fangirl101
What if Thanos didnt' have any power ups in his quest for power?
What if DS never got the Omega Force?
What if Superman landed under a red sun?
Superman already survived being thrown into the Red Sun....twice.

DS would turn into a Thanos

There would be no such thing as Thanos Fanboys.

Soljer
Originally posted by Takion
Superman already survived being thrown into the Red Sun....twice.

That wasn't the question. It was asked "What is Superman landed under a red sun."

Meaning on a planet under a red sun. And I'd say it depends heavily upon what planet he landed on. *remembers the elseworlds where Superman landed on Apokalips*

Entity
What if Peter had realised he needed to let Aunt May go and both Mephisto and Quesada were pricks!

What if Superman Red had returned to being Original Supes and Blue had stayed Superman Blue?

What if Cassie had gotten pregnet that last night she spent with Conner?

What if Kyle hadn't given up being Classic Ion and had started dealing with higher powers?

What if Batman had accepted to be Ra's al Ghul's offer to be his heir?

What if Spawn had continued to be Earth's God after his final battle with God and Satan?

What if Amagram comics had continued as a third comic company independent from Marvel and DC editors?
What kind of unique stories and characters would have eventually developed over the last decade?

BUSTER1
What If Harry Osborn lived (after taking the updated goblin formula)?

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Entity

What if Amagram comics had continued as a third comic company independent from Marvel and DC editors?
What kind of unique stories and characters would have eventually developed over the last decade?

Do you mean Amalgam?

Entity
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
Do you mean Amalgam? yea sorry. I work 3rd shift and was wineding down when I wrote that so I was half asleep.

Entity
What if Ozymandias had attempted to recreate the accident that gave Jon his power on himself?

What if that same event had happened to Batman in the DC universe what would Bruce have done with all that power? Or Superman, or any of your favorite heroes?

For that matter I've always wondered why anyone else never tried that? I mean it seemed like the science of it was pretty easy to replicate since it'd be repeated several times before anyway and who wouldn't want a shot at godlike power?

Nihilist
What If "civil war"the hulk,thor,dr strange,magneto,apocalypse had been involved

Entity
What If "civil war"the hulk,thor,dr strange,magneto,apocalypse had been involved Proregistration would've bearly made if off the ground before getting demolished and that'd been the end of it all.

Or Marvel would've actually had Sentry actually do something impressive and he'd actually lived up to all the hype! eek!

Takion
What if Spawn had continued to be Earth's God after his final battle with God and Satan?

Spawn would end and a new arc will begin.

basilisk
WHAT IF... Doctor Doom perfected his dimensional experiments?

After successful tests Doom perfects his plans, travels into the hell dimension and outwits Mephisto to free his mother's spirit (kind of like he did in Triumph and Torment but much earlier). Before ascending to a higher plane his mother begs him use his life for good.

Doom returns flushed with success and a changed man, and actually becomes friends with Reed Richards.

Later Reed invites Doom to accompany him on the experimental flight (moonshot, stardrive, whatever it is supposed to be these days). Doom, believing in Reed's capabilities, doesn't check the shielding and they are hit by cosmic rays.

All five return to earth with super-powers and form the Fantastic Five...

WHAT IF... Reed Richards and Doctor Doom both got their calculations right to begin with?

After successful tests Doom perfects his plans, travels into the hell dimension and outwits Mephisto to free his mother's spirit (kind of like he did in Triumph and Torment but much earlier).

Doom returns flushed with success and deciding to develop his new powers of magic, as well as finishing college with a reputation as a genius.

Later Reed puts adequate shields on the ship and the foursome return as heroes but without any super powers.

Don't know where this would go after that...

WHAT IF... Jesus not died? (in the Marvel Universe)

Jesus chooses not to die for the sins of man, but instead remains on earth to preach his beliefs, with diminished powers. Earth develops a different form of Christianity but still based on his beliefs and teachings.

As the centuries pass Jesus continues to use his abilities to help man, coming into conflict with beings such as Apocalypse, Selene, and Dracula, and living into the age of Marvels.

He becomes a founding member of the Avengers, even converting Thor to Christianity, and helping protect the world against the rise of a new generation of threats such as Dr. Doom, Magneto, and the Juggernaut, alien invasions, and supernatural incursions into the earthly plane.

Eventually, the star-god Galactus arrives to consume the earth. In the ensuing battle with earth's heroes the Silver Surfer is killed but Galactus cannot be stopped. Finally, rather than see his precious earth destroyed, Jesus chooses to become the new Herald of Galactus, pledging to lead him away from inhabited worlds and down a more peaceful path.
In return earth is spared, and once again Jesus becomes remembered for sacrificing himself for all mankind.

Bentley
What if Kang was Doctor Doom?

I don't know, it would be pretty out there wouldn't it?

tjcoady
Originally posted by basilisk

Jesus chooses not to die for the sins of man, but instead remains on earth to preach his beliefs, with diminished powers. Earth develops a different form of Christianity but still based on his beliefs and teachings.

As the centuries pass Jesus continues to use his abilities to help man, coming into conflict with beings such as Apocalypse, Selene, and Dracula, and living into the age of Marvels.

He becomes a founding member of the Avengers, even converting Thor to Christianity, and helping protect the world against the rise of a new generation of threats such as Dr. Doom, Magneto, and the Juggernaut, alien invasions, and supernatural incursions into the earthly plane.

Eventually, the star-god Galactus arrives to consume the earth. In the ensuing battle with earth's heroes the Silver Surfer is killed but Galactus cannot be stopped. Finally, rather than see his precious earth destroyed, Jesus chooses to become the new Herald of Galactus, pledging to lead him away from inhabited worlds and down a more peaceful path.
In return earth is spared, and once again Jesus becomes remembered for sacrificing himself for all mankind.

"Jesus Christ: Consumer of Worlds" sounds like the greatest comic imaginable.

willRules
Originally posted by tjcoady
"Jesus Christ: Consumer of Worlds" sounds like the greatest comic imaginable.

Never mind. Looks like we are just stuck with an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, benevolent being taking on human form, resurrected and is constantly caring for us.

Sucks to be us. big grin

tjcoady
Originally posted by willRules
Never mind. Looks like we are just stuck with an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, benevolent being taking on human form, resurrected and is constantly caring for us.

Sucks to be us. big grin

You're talking about Galactus, right?

willRules
Originally posted by tjcoady
You're talking about Galactus, right?

laughing

SevenShackles
what if Ironman caused the accident with nitro that started the superhero civil war. =P would of made things a lil more interesting... humm anyone have any idea how that would of turned out? lol

tjcoady
Most likely, Iron Man's years of service and high-standing in the hero community would make people realize exactly what happened- a super villain killed people, and it wasn't in any way a hero's fault, and the Marvel Universe would have continued normally.

I'm Bran

In return earth is spared, and once again Jesus becomes remembered for sacrificing himself for all mankind. lulz

Sin I AM
what if wolverine had died instead of sabertooth?

what if they actually got over their hatred of each other denounced their allegiances and teamed up

carnage52
Originally posted by Sin I AM

what if they actually got over their hatred of each other denounced their allegiances and teamed up most wolverine comics would suck.

Sin I AM
sabertooth is a way better read than logan imo

tjcoady
Originally posted by carnage52
most wolverine comics would suck.

How is that a "What If?"

All Wolverine comics already DO suck.

Kris Blaze
What if Hitler was a muslim.

the Darkone
What If- Batman receive a Green Lantern ring

What If- Thor became a hearlder of Galactus

What If- Majestic replace Superman

What If- Rune King Thor had aided Captain America during the Civil War

What If - Galactus from black celestial arc didn't blink himself out of existence

What If- Black Adam receive the power of Shazam instead of Billy Baston

What If - Thanos never die by the hands of Drax during Annihilation

What If- Darkseid had defeated Zeus and Odin of his universe

tjcoady
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
What if Hitler was a muslim.

The Authority basically went to a Universe like that during Mark Millar's run.

Nestical
Originally posted by spidey-dude
what if lisa acutally asked screech to marry her

laughing

Nestical

He becomes a founding member of the Avengers, even converting Thor to Christianity,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Nestical
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jesus would own Thor so hard. Thor'd be like: Thou fancies thyself a god? And Jesus would be like: I am the way, the truth and the life. Then Jesus would turn Mjolnir into bread and shit. Then, he'd turn Thor's tears into wine and he'd feed all the people in my neighborhood.

Wade Wilson
What if: Spider-man made a deal with Mephisto. Would've made a great WHAT IF story. All five pages of it.

Bentley
Originally posted by the Darkone
What If- Batman receive a Green Lantern ring

What If- Thor became a hearlder of Galactus

What If- Majestic replace Superman

What If- Rune King Thor had aided Captain America during the Civil War

What If - Galactus from black celestial arc didn't blink himself out of existence

What If- Black Adam receive the power of Shazam instead of Billy Baston

What If - Thanos never die by the hands of Drax during Annihilation

What If- Darkseid had defeated Zeus and Odin of his universe

Not only several of those What ifs exist, but one of them is also cannon for Black Adam.

ankur29
what if shazam never had a lawsuit againt it?

BUSTER1
What is Spiderman killed Daredevil ( in the Sin Eater/Death of Jean Dewoulf story)

basilisk
What If... the 50's/60's Batman returned today?
During a fight Batman and Nightwing receive blows to their chromosomatic glands and are knocked out. When they wake up they have the personalities of Batman and Robin as they were in the late 50's/early 60's - all-round model citizens and completely goody two-shoes.

They do not understand any expletives or obscene words having never heard them before. They think that alien invasions can be stopped just by tying the offending aliens up, that they are Superman's best buddies, that villains would never actually hurt anyone, and that Green Arrow's boxing glove arrow is pretty darn effective.

Can they survive in the modern world of DC? Batman & Robin were last seen leaving the Hall of Justice to help out the local policemen with a "little juvenile gang problem" in South Central L.A.

Plus... What If Wolverine became the herald of Galactus?

ankur29
what if shazam hadn't lost lawsuit to superman?

PRAYERRUN
What If Captain America didn't get released from his icy prison until after Skynet took over the earth?(Judgement Day)

basilisk
What If... World War Hulk and the Warbound returned to Earth in the middle of the full-scale Skrull invasion?

jalek moye
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
What If Captain America didn't get released from his icy prison until after Skynet took over the earth?(Judgement Day)
he'd save humanity

Entity
What if Batman had kept his Yellow Power ring and used it to overthrow Sinestro as leader of the fear corps?

What if Superman was part of the Watchmen universe and witnessed the same events unfold as Niteowl II and Rorschach? How would he have deal with the choice at the end?

The Scribe
What if Marvel could remember their own continuity?

What if DC could remember their own continuity?

I know it is a pipe dream. roll eyes (sarcastic)

willRules

That'd be cool but Cap has had plenty of experience with robots.....

Ultron>>>>Terminator

tjcoady
While watching that ridiculously bad "Terminator: Salvation," I found myself wishing that the movie was about Christian Bale as Batman fighting robots. Basically, What If John Connor was actually Batman?

...That'd be the greatest movie ever.

Indestructible
What is Bruce Wayne's Parents hadnt been murderd until he was 23? And What if he died with them?

I would have Bruce become the crow. that would be differnt I think.

Entity
What if Alan Moore wrote the next season of Heroes! eek!

What if Cap came back and remembered everything from before OMD since he was dead?

What if Spiderman was forced to choose to snap Norman's neck to save the world?
What if Cap was the only own there to see if he did it? Would he do it? What would the repercussions be?

TricksterPriest
"What If- Darkseid had defeated Zeus and Odin of his universe "

Thought I should address this one. Zeus and Odin were shit scared of Apokolips invading them. Especially since DS managed to get Zeus to subdivide his power between the roman and greek pantheons.

And as of FC, (and I do not believe this has been address post-FC), most of the pantheons are MIA, and possibly KIA by Darkseid's fall and the rest of the Apokolips crew.

As for a what-if: What-If Flash went rogue? This can work with either Barry or Wally. In Barry's case, he got pretty close Pre-Crisis after Reverse Flash killed Iris. He ended up breaking Reverse Flash's neck. I'd change the pivotal moment afterwards. Make the JLA cast him out as a member. Then have him convicted for murder. I'd say that's more than enough motivation to have him turn into a villain.

As for Wally, it's a cruel gesture, but Linda or his kids dying is the most expedient way. That or having Walter West become our flash.

tjcoady
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
"What If- Darkseid had defeated Zeus and Odin of his universe "

Thought I should address this one. Zeus and Odin were shit scared of Apokolips invading them. Especially since DS managed to get Zeus to subdivide his power between the roman and greek pantheons.

And as of FC, (and I do not believe this has been address post-FC), most of the pantheons are MIA, and possibly KIA by Darkseid's fall and the rest of the Apokolips crew.

As for a what-if: What-If Flash went rogue? This can work with either Barry or Wally. In Barry's case, he got pretty close Pre-Crisis after Reverse Flash killed Iris. He ended up breaking Reverse Flash's neck. I'd change the pivotal moment afterwards. Make the JLA cast him out as a member. Then have him convicted for murder. I'd say that's more than enough motivation to have him turn into a villain.

As for Wally, it's a cruel gesture, but Linda or his kids dying is the most expedient way. That or having Walter West become our flash.

Zeus and the Greek Gods are clearly still alive- they're appearing in like, every single issue of Wonder Woman.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Indestructible
What is Bruce Wayne's Parents hadnt been murderd until he was 23? And What if he died with them?

I would have Bruce become the crow. that would be differnt I think. what if batmans parents never did die ? then there would probably be no batman today.

willRules
Originally posted by chomperx9
what if batmans parents never did die ? then there would probably be no batman today.

In Superman and Batman's ongoing, Superman and Batman were fixing reality after some time travellers had screwed it all up. Batman had the chance to alter reality by shooting the mugger before his parents would be shot. He took the chance and reality was altered. He was just another billionaire playboy who hung around in his mansion all day with loads of supermodels and Tommy Elliot. Superman, obviously restored reality.

Entity
In Superman and Batman's ongoing, Superman and Batman were fixing reality after some time travellers had screwed it all up. Batman had the chance to alter reality by shooting the mugger before his parents would be shot. He took the chance and reality was altered. He was just another billionaire playboy who hung around in his mansion all day with loads of supermodels and Tommy Elliot. Superman, obviously restored reality. See, now what gives Superman the right to decide that Bruce's doesn't get to be happy and at peace? So yea sure he didn't become the great Batman and savior of Gotham but who's Clark to force that on him if he didn't want it? Which anyone that's read an issue of Batman dealing with that moment clearly sees its not.

What if Clark had the chance to go back and save all of Krypton and Bruce was like nun uh, we need you to live life as Earth's savior so your entire race has to die. How'd Clark deal with that. Would he think Bruce was within his rights to make that call. Despite what Clark might or might not want? Let alone the Kryptonians or in the other case the Wayne's?

willRules
See, now what gives Superman the right to decide that Bruce's doesn't get to be happy and at peace? So yea sure he didn't become the great Batman and savior of Gotham but who's Clark to force that on him if he didn't want it? Which anyone that's read an issue of Batman dealing with that moment clearly sees its not.

What if Clark had the chance to go back and save all of Krypton and Bruce was like nun uh, we need you to live life as Earth's savior so your entire race has to die. How'd Clark deal with that. Would he think Bruce was within his rights to make that call. Despite what Clark might or might not want? Let alone the Kryptonians or in the other case the Wayne's?

Superman doesn't disagree with you. In the very issue (Superman and Batman #17) He reluctantly "wakes" Batman up by reminding him of the way things ought to have been. It doesn't matter that Krypton might not have exploded or that Thomas and Martha Wayne could have survived. What matters is that Krypton DID explode and Thomas and Martha Wayne DID die.

Superman would obviously, like anyone, want the best for Bruce, his friend. But that's not the point. The point is that Bruce is living in a distorted fairy tale world and not the way the world should have been. To Superman, doing the right thing is what's most important and that often costs his happiness and in this example, the happiness of others. SUperman recognises doing the right thing trumps happiness.

Entity
Yea allot of the story makes no sense thou, like how Bruce just remembers things that never happened to him and how he's able to still have all that skill that he never acquired since he was never on the road to becoming Batman.

Errr, its DC what are you gonna do? roll eyes (sarcastic)

There's a what if,
What if Batman and all his continuity became Marvel property?
The entire Batfamily, and all his rogues gallery!

How would Batman, the rest of the Batfamily and their villains adjust to the Marvel Earth? I think Bruce and Tony would have MANY problems. Talking about heroes coming to conflict with one another.

jalek moye

What if Spiderman was forced to choose to snap Norman's neck to save the world?
What if Cap was the only own there to see if he did it? Would he do it? What would the repercussions be?
they arn't retarted they would do it if there was literally no other way. They've been been in situations where they know it would be needed

willRules
Yea allot of the story makes no sense thou, like how Bruce just remembers things that never happened to him and how he's able to still have all that skill that he never acquired since he was never on the road to becoming Batman.

Errr, its DC what are you gonna do? roll eyes (sarcastic)

There's a what if,
What if Batman and all his continuity became Marvel property?
The entire Batfamily, and all his rogues gallery!

How would Batman, the rest of the Batfamily and their villains adjust to the Marvel Earth? I think Bruce and Tony would have MANY problems. Talking about heroes coming to conflict with one another.

That'd be an interesting what if? I'd imagine the Punisher would get beaten up more often yes

basilisk
What If during the "What If... The X-Vampires fought Dormammu during Inferno?" story, Zombie Sentry also happened to arrive from the other universe, and also Atlantis Attacked with Set the Elder God invading the earth dimension?

Entity
What if Marvel and DC had given you the rights to start a new independent Amalgam Universe and design it to your desire. Amalgamating any two characters you desired as long as one was from Marvel and one was from DC?

What if the Amalgam Universe had continued as a individual separate third company for all these years?

What if in star trek's Data had been sent through a wormhole to Gotham and went on the become Batman?

lol jus thought of that one outta no where on the ride home from chili's jus now. Gotta love those 2 for 1's stick out tongue

Entity
What if Sinestro had became Parallax!

PRAYERRUN
how about these? I know they wouldn't actually happen, but it might be fun to think about. smile

1. What If....Clark Kent had been found by S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, Nick Fury?

2. What If....James T. Kirk had been offered a Green Lantern ring?

3. What If....Captain America was awaken from his frozen state in the year, 2020...after Judgement Day?(we're talking The Terminator series here people.)

PRAYERRUN

Now there's something to think about.

willRules

Isn't that essentially like the Sinestro Corps equivalent of Ion? It'd be like Making Hal Jordan, Ion.

PRAYERRUN
Isn't that essentially like the Sinestro Corps equivalent of Ion? It'd be like Making Hal Jordan, Ion.
Yeah I kinda was thinking the same thing, but I don't know enough about it to really know.

Entity
No I mean if instead of when Hal went nuts and killed all those Lantern's to steal their rings and then all the power from the central battery, Sinestro had done it way back when he first went rogue!

Then instead of Hal's Zero Hour it would of all be Sinestro. I highly doubt it would've been the same story at all.

chomperx9
what if there was a 3rd gender in the world ?
what would we call it and what body parts would it have ?

The Scribe

confused messed

There are enough weirdo's and nuts in the world already.

Try again. reading

Kris Blaze

We would call it Quanchi.

It would have a small penis and a sandy vagina.

basilisk
What If... Batman went legit?

Gordon finally snaps and draws the line with Batman and his illegal vigilante operation: either Batman joins the police and becomes a legitimate law enforcement officer, or he quits as Batman, otherwise Gordon will arrest him. The series could follow Officer Batman through his tough days as a Police Academy recruit struggling with exams and hazing rituals, then through his early days on the beat trying to survive on the mean streets without breaking the rules, and finally his attempts to make detective rank.

What If... Superman accidentally KILLED Batman?

This could be during one of those plots they roll out every so often where Supes and Bats come into conflict. But this time, Superman strikes just a little too hard and takes Batman's head off, killing him instantly. And the JLA, news media, and hundreds of onlookers witness it. Does Superman turn himself in quietly to face the charges? Does he run for it, going into hiding while the JLA search constantly to bring him in? Does he leave the planet forever in voluntary exile? Or does he completely snap, killing anyone who tries to bring him in and becoming like another Superboy Prime?

chomperx9
what if DC comics decided to trade characters with marvel and DC gave marvel batman. which marvel character would marvel have to give DC to make it an even trade ?

basilisk
what if DC comics decided to trade characters with marvel and DC gave marvel batman. which marvel character would marvel have to give DC to make it an even trade ?

Black Panther. Or Tiamut.

PRAYERRUN
Ok how about, what if Kraven became a Batman villain?

Entity
What if when Daxamites left Krypton in search of the universe only to discover their birthing chambers had been tampered with to make them incredibly vulnerable to lead poisoning, the guardians of the galaxy had offered them a home on Oa and promised to work towards finding them a cure in exchange for the Daxamites becoming their Green Lantern Corps!

Thus giving the Daxamites a cure for their lead poisoning and the guardians of the galaxy a new race of Kryptonian level green lantern wielders!
These Green Lantern Daxamites would not fear what is different as they do now but rather embrace the search of the universe as they originally intended to!

Disappear
What If... Batman went legit?

Gordon finally snaps and draws the line with Batman and his illegal vigilante operation: either Batman joins the police and becomes a legitimate law enforcement officer, or he quits as Batman, otherwise Gordon will arrest him. The series could follow Officer Batman through his tough days as a Police Academy recruit struggling with exams and hazing rituals, then through his early days on the beat trying to survive on the mean streets without breaking the rules, and finally his attempts to make detective rank.

didnt this plot basically take place in nightwing but nightwing kept moonlighting as a vigilante?

basilisk
Originally posted by Disappear
didnt this plot basically take place in nightwing but nightwing kept moonlighting as a vigilante?

Wha..?!! DC are stealing my ideas now? Damn. Of course I don't have and never read Nightwing so unfortunately I can't check that out. Sounds good though.

willRules
I think early in Nightwing's series, Dick Grayson joined the police force in Bludhaven as a day job, then was Nightwing by night.

Raoul
I think early in Nightwing's series, Dick Grayson joined the police force in Bludhaven as a day job, then was Nightwing by night.

yup.

Entity
What if John Steward had became an Alpha Lantern?

Entity
What if Magneto had been the pacifist and Xavier the war brewer!

What if no more mutants had actually meant no more mutants and completely depowered every single mutant on the planet?

What if the Lanterns united and turned on the Guardians and their lies to declare the Corps independent of the guardians?

What if Peter had told Mephisto to go back to hell?

What if a time disruption caused all the Avengers form 5 years before Disassembled to come to current marvel and see the new dark reign?

What if T'Challa had joined the Illuminati and they'd tried to unite the heroes right after they formed but without registration?

What if Parallax had chosen Superboy prime instead of Kyle to be its host?

What if all Marvel and DC villains were transported to the opposite world without explanation?

basilisk

What if no more mutants had actually meant no more mutants and completely depowered every single mutant on the planet?

Couldn't believe it - ^ this was was posted right about when I was thinking the same thing and getting some ideas for my own post! --->

What If... When Wanda said "No more mutants" it had actually happened?
Every single mutant depowered, totally and permanently, with no hope of restoration. No more mutants born, ever.
What would the effect be on the Marvel Universe (other than sales)? How would they live their lives with their hopes and dreams gone - no great causes, no more mutant nations, no conquests of the world, no survival of the fittest, no living in harmony with humans - everything that defined their lives and made them feel special is now irrelevant. How would mutants like Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Emma, Apocalypse etc cope with becoming normal humans, with many of them having no real skills and having never held down a real job?

Some possibilities:

Beast: returns to a successful career as a scientist, working with other great scientists such as Reed Richards. He later wins a Nobel Prize for chemistry, and realizes that his years as an X-Man fighting pointless neverending battles had done nothing but prevent him from reaching his full potential.

Wolverine: wthout his healing factor, Beast has to perform emergency surgery to remove the adamantium skeleton. Left with nothing but a knowledge of how to fight and kill Logan becomes an agent of SHIELD. However his years of dependence on his healing factor make him careless - during a mission he is tagged by gunfire, and a lowly agent of Hydra casually finishes him with a bullet to the head. "Hail Hydra!"

Scott: Scott feels completely useless. Being an X-Man, fighting for the cause, defined his life. His life with Emma provides no consolation: with Emma's powers gone the relationship seems to be a shadow of what it was. They decide to go their separate ways. He sinks into a mire of self-pity, drifting between menial jobs, blaming his former friends for his failures, and slowly descends into a life of abject pointlessness.

Emma: after separating from the ever more hopeless Scott, Emma attempts to rebuild her life as a normal businesswoman. But she never realized how much she had used her powers, influencing people consciously or subconsciously, to get everything she ever had. She simply cannot succeed in the real world without them. Years later Kitty finds her on the streets working as a prostitute.

Selene: something very strange happens to Selene. With her powers suddenly gone all the long years of absorbing the life forces of others finally takes its toll, for now there is nothing at all left of her own life force. She simply collapses, her body crumbling to dust in seconds and dispersing in the wind. After thousands of years of life she dies alone and unmissed.

Apocalypse: now merely En Sabah Nur, the former would-be conqueror ponders a long life spent scheming, plotting, and achieving nothing. He is suddenly powerless, mortal, and alone in a world where he cannot count a single person as a friend or ally. He attempts to use the technology still at his disposal to regain his power. But Wanda's cosmic alteration cannot be overcome, and without his mutant brain he is no longer capable of understanding his own devices. In a final act of desperation he turns to Doctor Doom, making a deal to turn over his secrets in return for Doom's aid in restoring his power. Doom seemingly succeeds, but true to his nature Apocaypse betrays the villain and turns on him - only to find his new powers were merely temporary, a ploy by Doom to determine Nur's trustworthiness. Doom reveals that the mutant power loss is indeed completely irreversible, and sends Nur back through time to ancient Egypt where he ends his life as a slave under the lash.

What If... Acts of Vengeance had Succeeded?
With most heroes out of the way, the major bad guys of the Marvel Universe turn on each other, and normal citizens are caught in the crossfire. When the dust settles a new world order is imposed, with the major villains and their super powered armies having carved out their kingdoms on a global scale, the few remaining heroes irrelevant or in hiding. Now, a world run by villains who cannot trust each other must face the challenges of the future: the Infinity Gauntlet crises, Operation Galactic Storm, a Phalanx attack, Kang War, HoM, and the Secret Invasion. Ruling the world isn't going to be as much fun as they thought...

What If...The Punisher gained the powers of Captain Universe?
Frank goes... cosmic! Is anybody going to stop him finally getting everyone on his "to do" list?

PRAYERRUN
What if....Deadpool met The Joker?

Entity
Couldn't believe it - ^ this was was posted right about when I was thinking the same thing and getting some ideas for my own post! --->

What If... When Wanda said "No more mutants" it had actually happened?
Every single mutant depowered, totally and permanently, with no hope of restoration. No more mutants born, ever.
What would the effect be on the Marvel Universe (other than sales)? How would they live their lives with their hopes and dreams gone - no great causes, no more mutant nations, no conquests of the world, no survival of the fittest, no living in harmony with humans - everything that defined their lives and made them feel special is now irrelevant. How would mutants like Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Emma, Apocalypse etc cope with becoming normal humans, with many of them having no real skills and having never held down a real job?

Some possibilities:

Beast: returns to a successful career as a scientist, working with other great scientists such as Reed Richards. He later wins a Nobel Prize for chemistry, and realizes that his years as an X-Man fighting pointless neverending battles had done nothing but prevent him from reaching his full potential.

Wolverine: wthout his healing factor, Beast has to perform emergency surgery to remove the adamantium skeleton. Left with nothing but a knowledge of how to fight and kill Logan becomes an agent of SHIELD. However his years of dependence on his healing factor make him careless - during a mission he is tagged by gunfire, and a lowly agent of Hydra casually finishes him with a bullet to the head. "Hail Hydra!"

Scott: Scott feels completely useless. Being an X-Man, fighting for the cause, defined his life. His life with Emma provides no consolation: with Emma's powers gone the relationship seems to be a shadow of what it was. They decide to go their separate ways. He sinks into a mire of self-pity, drifting between menial jobs, blaming his former friends for his failures, and slowly descends into a life of abject pointlessness.

Emma: after separating from the ever more hopeless Scott, Emma attempts to rebuild her life as a normal businesswoman. But she never realized how much she had used her powers, influencing people consciously or subconsciously, to get everything she ever had. She simply cannot succeed in the real world without them. Years later Kitty finds her on the streets working as a prostitute.

Selene: something very strange happens to Selene. With her powers suddenly gone all the long years of absorbing the life forces of others finally takes its toll, for now there is nothing at all left of her own life force. She simply collapses, her body crumbling to dust in seconds and dispersing in the wind. After thousands of years of life she dies alone and unmissed.

Apocalypse: now merely En Sabah Nur, the former would-be conqueror ponders a long life spent scheming, plotting, and achieving nothing. He is suddenly powerless, mortal, and alone in a world where he cannot count a single person as a friend or ally. He attempts to use the technology still at his disposal to regain his power. But Wanda's cosmic alteration cannot be overcome, and without his mutant brain he is no longer capable of understanding his own devices. In a final act of desperation he turns to Doctor Doom, making a deal to turn over his secrets in return for Doom's aid in restoring his power. Doom seemingly succeeds, but true to his nature Apocaypse betrays the villain and turns on him - only to find his new powers were merely temporary, a ploy by Doom to determine Nur's trustworthiness. Doom reveals that the mutant power loss is indeed completely irreversible, and sends Nur back through time to ancient Egypt where he ends his life as a slave under the lash.

I love most of these. Thou if wolverine lost his abilities he'd pretty much dye right on the spot form all the adamantium. There's nothing he could survive to even save hisown life without the healing factor and between the weight of the adamantium and its posining him he's toast!

basilisk
I love most of these. Thou if wolverine lost his abilities he'd pretty much dye right on the spot form all the adamantium. There's nothing he could survive to even save hisown life without the healing factor and between the weight of the adamantium and its posining him he's toast!

Yeah, I thought about that and he probably would just die. For the sake of a story I'm assuming that Wolvie was depowered right when he and Beast were standing in the X-Mansion sick bay, and Beast was in the middle of testing a powerful new Shi'ar tech healing device!

PRAYERRUN
lol

basilisk
What If... Bart Simpson became Pariah?

Bart, Milhouse, and Ralph sneak into Professor Frink's laboratory while he is out and find that his time machine viewer has been modified to look back to the beginning of creation. Bart switches the device on and seeing the Anti-Monitor on the screen, immediately insults the powerful being. The Anti-Monitor swears to destroy Bart's "pitiful low-level universe", to which Bart replies "eat my shorts loser!". As a final touch Bart pulls down his pants and flashes the Anti-Monitor before turning the device off. Hearing Frink's return, Bart and his friends run away laughing.

Out on the street, the kids see the skies suddenly burn - the Anti-Monitor has located the Simpsons universe. Shadow demons pour out of the sky, attacking the residents of Springfield. Ralph is the first to die at their hands "Are you my mommy? Waaaaaah it feels like burning!" followed by Milhouse. Bart reaches his family and along with Barney, Chief Wiggum, Lenny, Carl, and several others, the Simpsons take refuge in Moe's tavern. Moe, Wiggum, and Wiggum's officers attempt to hold the shadow demons off with their guns, but one by one they all fall. The shadow demons close in, and only Homer and Bart escape.

The streets are empty and most of the populace are dead. They flee to the local church where they find Reverend Lovejoy and Ned Flanders praying. Ned's children have been taken by the "shadow did-diddly-demons" and as a result he has gone completely mad - thanking God for bringing down the Apocalypse. Bart explains that this was all his fault and Homer begins to strangle him "why you little...!!!" The demons burst in, killing Flanders and Lovejoy, and then Homer "DOH!!!", but as they close in on Bart he disappears in a globe of energy. The Monitor has salvaged him from the doomed universe, and from that moment on he is forced to travel from universe to universe, watching helplessly as the Anti-Monitor kills world after world.

basilisk
1) What If... Nick Fury found the Gem of Cyttorak during the Korean War and became the Juggernaut?

Nick finds the gem and becomes the US Government's ultimate unstoppable Super Soldier... but when he launches a one-man attack across the 38th parallel and the Communists threaten nuclear retaliation, will the world pay the price?

Takes place when Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos were fighting in the Korean War in Sgt Fury Annual #1.

2) What If...Superman was murdered?

Superman's body is found on Apokolips under suspicious circumstances, but the Apokoliptian authorities come up with nothing. The Guardians of the Universe send in Batman and Gordon.

Bouboumaster

What if Peter had told Mephisto to go back to hell?

It would have been better.

basilisk
WHAT IF... Batman had fallen into the vat of disfiguring chemicals instead of the Joker?

Kazenji
What if....Apocalypse really was related to the summers family.

PRAYERRUN
What if...The Hulk was just one color.

basilisk
What If... Mr. Fantastic changed his name to Mr. Boombastic?

I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says I'm Mr
Ro...mantic
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says boom
boom
boom

willRules
What If... Mr. Fantastic changed his name to Mr. Boombastic?

I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says I'm Mr
Ro...mantic
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says boom
boom
boom

Typical Reed Richards yes

basilisk
What If... Superman lost control of his heat vision?

Exposed to red kryptonite, Superman loses control of his heat vision and it starts firing full power bursts without warning at random times, days, hours, minutes, or even seconds apart. He has no idea when it will happen next. The effect is permanent and he must learn to live his life differently.

Creshosk
What If... Superman lost control of his heat vision?

Exposed to red kryptonite, Superman loses control of his heat vision and it starts firing full power bursts without warning at random times, days, hours, minutes, or even seconds apart. He has no idea when it will happen next. The effect is permanent and he must learn to live his life differently.

http://www.yugatech.com/ringtones/wp-content/uploads/cyclops.jpg
"Man, that would suck to have your eye lasers on all the time."
http://cache.io9.com/assets/images/gallery/8/2008/01/medium_2166654300_25256a17a3_o.jpg
"Oh, wait..."

basilisk
What If... Dr. Strange had married the Scarlet Witch instead of Clea?
Wanda starts studying under Strange at an earlier point than she did in the 616 universe, and he ends up marrying her instead of Clea. What will Quicksilver think? And what becomes of the Vision and Clea?

What If... Malice Sue Storm had won?
She kills Reed, Ben, Johnny, and She-Hulk, and the Malice Persona becomes permanently ascendant. Her next target... Avengers Mansion.

What If... Dr. Doom retained the Power Cosmic?
While torturing the Silver Surfer, Doom learns of the Cosmic Barrier and thus avoids crashing into it. Then he defeats the FF by transmuting them into stone. With the Surfer's powers at his disposal and his greatest enemy defeated, he proceeds to take over the earth. Using cosmic power, magic, and tech he kills every hero and villain that opposes him, and uses the other villains to serve as his meta-human army. He kills Strange and takes all his artifacts. He then uses magic to bypass the Cosmic Barrier and all space is open to him. He becomes Emperor of Earth, and starts to plan for galactic conquest...

What If... Batman never joined the JLA?
Batman follows his gut instinct that he works better alone, and never joins the JLA or any other team. Can the JLA survive their greatest challenges without him?

Juk3n
What if..Batman killed the evil?

What if..Batman put a little of his tech and resources into building a suitable prison for the maniacs he so kindly keeps escorting back to Arkham?

What if..Batman could fight as good as Daredevil?

What if Spider-man wasn't such a fanny all the time?

What if Jeff Loeb knew how to write?

The possibilities..

Mindship
What if spandex hadn't become standard garb for superheroes?

What if DC and Marvel agreed on a joint character who could have adventures / fight bad guys in both universes?

What if Jack Kirby was around today and trained in computer graphics?

What if I got a job with Marvel and could draw and write my own original character?

-------------------------------------

What if there was such a thing as Herald Madness, which worked like Warrior Madness, and the Surfer got it?

What if Spider-Man got major training in martial arts?

What if Ben Grimm got stronger the more he fought with heart?

What if the Asgardian Destroyer developed its own simple psyche, innocent like Frankenstein, with vague memories of its past useage?

What if Wolverine was Israeli?

basilisk
Originally posted by Juk3n
What if Jeff Loeb knew how to write?

Come on, you are missing the spirit of the thread. What Ifs are supposed to have at least some basis in some reality and be remotely plausible, not just any ridiculous fantasy pulled out of nowhere.

Martian_mind
Hush rocked.

basilisk
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Hush rocked.
Yeah I was kind of joking. I know he's done good stuff here and there I was just thinking of his Ultimates and Rulk stuff.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Mindship

What if there was such a thing as Herald Madness, which worked like Warrior Madness, and the Surfer got it?

What if Spider-Man got major training in martial arts?

Reality would implode

Already happened to a degree, with Wolverine vs Spider-man what if? KGB spider-man, he got some bad ass military training from russia, helped develope his Spideysense to true precog levels, he was potrayed quite the beast. And ruthless.

basilisk
What If... Reed Richards was just as evil as Doctor Doom?

Warlord
what if Superman's pants were blue as well...we're talking about a major character twist here

Bentley
What if Ultimatum was in 616 continuity and couldn't be retconned?

basilisk
WHAT IF... after the gamma accident that turned him into the Hulk, Bruce Banner sold his soul to Mephisto in order to cure himself and instead became... the Ghost Rider? In this world Banner's failures to find a cure lead to an act of total desperation - a deal with the devil. But when Mephisto is unable to take Banner's soul due to the selfless interference of Betty Ross, the demon takes revenge by binding Banner to Zarathos. After trading one curse for another perhaps even worse, is it just a matter of time before Banner goes completely and irreversibly insane?

WHAT IF... while searching for a cure for his damaged hands, Dr. Strange discovered the Makulan spaceship instead of the Ancient One's monastery? In this reality Strange hears rumours of a forbidden valley where no one has set foot for centuries and discovers the Valley of the Spirits. There he finds the Makulan spaceship and power rings. Instead of changing his selfish ways and learning the mystic arts under the guidance of the Ancient One, the arrogant surgeon now has the power and technology of the Mandarin at his disposal - but will he use it for good or evil?

WHAT IF... after being expelled from university and wandering the world, Doctor Doom stumbled upon K'un Lun instead of the Tibetan monastery? There he masters the full power of the Iron Fist, surpassing all Iron Fists before him. Can the world cope with a villain who is a master of science, magic, and the martial arts?

Prof. Wagstaff
What if....Deadpool met The Joker?

Joker would willingly go to jail/arkham if it meant not listening to Deadpool's shitty, nonfunny dialogue.

basilisk
What If... Apocalypse had been raised by a nice, caring Egyptian family? Basically ancient Egypt's equivalent of Ma and Pa Kent?

basilisk
What If... Wilson Fisk became the Juggernaut?

Tron
What If... Marvel's heroes were villains, and villains were heroes, ala DC's Earth 3?

Tattoos N Scars
What IF....Lois Lane has always been J'onn in disguise. Tis the only way he can act upon his man-crush for Supes.

axelraptor
What if Doom never got expelled from college?
What if the eye of agamotto chose Doom as the next sorcerer supreme?
What if Wolverine was never discovered By James and Heather Hudson?
What if Batman's parents were never killed?

Tattoos N Scars
What IF...Clark Kent forgot to show up to work without his glasses.

darthgoober
What if...

... Punisher(or anyone else for that matter) had recieved the Nova Force.
... Airwalker had killed Thor.
... The Magus's timeline was never altered.
... Psylock and Jean Grey... you know...

Badabing
Originally posted by darthgoober
What if...

... Airwalker had killed Thor. At first I was like...sneer
Originally posted by darthgoober
What if...

... Psylock and Jean Grey... you know... Then I was like... droolio

Warlord
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
What IF....Lois Lane has always been J'onn in disguise. Tis the only way he can act upon his man-crush for Supes.

that would explain why Lois is the boss in their relationship

Tron
What IF...Clark Kent forgot to show up to work without his glasses.

Then it would be another normal day.

What IF...Clark Kent forgot to show up to work with his glasses.

Fixed.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Tron
Then it would be another normal day.

Fixed.

laughing

Thanks!!

I don't know why I worded it that way.

basilisk
What If... Scarlet Witch fell in love with Ultron instead of Vision?

In this universe, Wanda has a liking for bad boys and falls for the ultimate artificial bad boy - Ultron! But is Ultron capable of returning her love? And what will become of the Vision and the Avengers when Wanda suddenly changes sides during a battle with the adamantium menace!

What If... Carnage became the Juggernaut???
We've seen Cytorrak punish Cain Marko for not using his powers to wreak enough destruction. But in this universe Cytorrak has had enough - he wants destruction and he wants it now! Stripping Cain of his powers, Cytorrak gives the gem to someone who isn't afraid to use it - Carnage! Now with the combined powers of the gem and the symbiote, Carnage has embarked on a mass murder spree greater than any ever seen before and half of New York lies in ruins. Can the combined might of Marvel's surviving heroes stop him?

amnesia
Thor kills the marvel/DC universe.

Entity
What if J'onn was chosen to possess all the power of Shazam?

basilisk
What If... Pym Ended Up Just Killing Everybody?

Takes place around Avengers #213(?) when Pym suffers a breakdown. In this universe he doesn't just slap Jan, he hits her so hard she falls head first on his lab bench and dies instantly from the blow. Pym hides the body and pretends he doesn't know where she is and that she must have left him.

However, Black Panther is suspicious and investigates further, finding Jan's body hidden inside a robot body shell in Hank's lab. But he is discovered by Pym who kills him too, then he shrinks both bodies into the microverse to dispose of them.

Stark smells a rat and confronts Pym in his lab over the mysterious disappearances. Pym snaps and activates a deadly new robot - Ultimate Ultron - which he has secretly constructed. This new Ultron kills Stark, and also Captain America who walks in during the attack having heard the disturbance. Two more bodies for the microverse.

Pym decides this is getting easier and easier, and completely snaps, sending Ultimate Ultron to dispose of any remaining Avengers in the mansion - Vision, Scarlet Witch, Jarvis etc.

Thor arrives back from Asgard just in time to witness the last Avenger fall. "What madness is this? I say thee NAY!!!" He takes on Ultimate Ultron and destroys it. But Pym manages to sneak up behind him, and shrinks Thor permanently into the microverse, along with all the remaining bodies. He claims Avengers Mansion as his new HQ.

At that point, the FF, Spider-Man, and various other heroes begin to question why all the Avengers except Pym have mysteriously vanished...

janus77
What If Bruce Banner had always been a bit of a stoner ... having taken to weed to soothe his troubled teen years at school. then spending most of his college years getting by on the back of his insane genius IQ and the cash supply that comes from chemically re-engineering THE best spliffs available in college (calling them "Mean Greens"wink, he joins the DoD, he becomes infamous for his pranks and piss-taking, once even spiking General Ross' coffee and youtubeing the results, leading to Betty falling in love with him.

when he saves Rick, and in the process becomes the Hulk, he quickly lights a spliff and calms down, then turns back into Banner.

realising that he now has super powers, he decides to see how powerful a buzz he can get in his Hulk form... but Gen. Ross wants to weaponise the Hulk, which leads to a serious talk between Betty and Bruce (well, Bruce is high but Betty refuses to put out until he agrees not to give her father access to The Hulk's dna).

Betty and Bruce run away from the DoD, Gen Ross and the army give chase. Bruce is out of weed, no money (cards/accounts frozen) and Betty is becoming seriously annoying. so he breaks into a lab at some nearby college, where he works on concocting a chemical extract from the last crumb of skunk that was in his pocket.

as he's working away on it, some half-arsed druggie breaks into the lab next to his. Bruce investigates, catches the guy before he can take anything. the guy introduces himself as Robert Reynolds, he tells Bruce about a "formula" that is more powerful than a million LSD pills, which piques Bruce's curiosity... Bruce decides to drink it (thinking the Hulk will save him, if anything goes wrong)... sadly it merely gives him a momentary case of wind and some more super powers. Robert admits that he doesn't really know what it's supposed to do... Bruce reads the log book in the desk next to the chiller, it says something about "Super Soldier Syrum".

Bruce starts seeing funky shadow figures moving about him and begins to hear a low - satanic - voice in his head. Robert asks Bruce for a hit of the "formula", but there's none left.

so Bruce goes back to making synthetic skunk weed, then after an hour he shares the first eight with Robert. both now high, they decide to microwave some food to eat.

accidentally, they irradiate a spider, which then proceeds to bite Bruce. Bruce leaps in pain, then screams out as he sees dark shadow-y tendrils extending from every corner of the room. Robert looks at him, eyes popping out... Bruce realises that he's actually stuck to the ceiling... apparently he's got all the powers of an irradiated spider (of similar dimensions to himself).

Bruce swears off drugs. runs back to Betty. Robert goes back home, high and shit scared.

General Ross catches up with Betty and Bruce, causing Bruce to transform into an angry green spider ... confused

I see great potential in this yes

Stoic
What if DC and Marvel were one universe. This would rock.

Entity
What if Spiderman lost his sight?

Do you think he could grow to use his spidersense to compensate for his sight similar to how DD uses his radar?

Warlord
^nah... don't think so

Dum Dum Dugan
I think he can, in fact he shut his eye before in battle in order to focus his spidersenses better which made him a more effective dodger.

Now the thing is, i think he could do so for fights, but not sure how it would work for walking around. He, would need someone to train him.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>