Saw 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Hoffmansawv.PNG/200px-Hoffmansawv.PNG

Röland
Should have stopped at the first one.

rox
why

Röland
Originally posted by rox
why
I just feel that the first SAW had an ending audiences really did not see coming and the story was able to tie in at the end with no problems. I really thought it was a great movie and it just seems the newer ones are an excuse for a lot of gore and half-assed plots to keep the series running.

I'm not saying you can't like them, because I admit I've seen every one of them and will probably see SAW V, I just feel that it would have been better if they stopped at SAW.

About the poster though, it looks pretty cool.

Kazenji
I reakon they should've stop at number 3, Jigsaw is dead now and now they've put all this stuff about his ex-wife is now doing his stuff whats next his pet dog.

MildPossession
Where did you hear his ex-wife is doing all the stuff in the new movie? haven't heard anything about her doing anything and not much has been revealed about the next movie.

As for the poster, poster is nice and creepy. As usual I will wait for the dvd rental for the Saw movies.

rox
more than likely hoffman is behind everything and probably always has been

MildPossession
I doubt he always has been, if you meant from the first Saw movie.

rox
he had to be. cuz when eric got involved he was the one who dragged eric in that prison room

MildPossession
Your sentence came across as you meaning Hoffman was behind everything Jigsaw has done and it wasn't originally Jigsaw. That wouldn't happen.

rox
no. sorry if it was misleading but i think hoffman was helping jigsaw since saw 1.

mr.smiley
WTF.Another Saw movie?

Wolfie
I think Hoffman will die in Saw V.

BruceSkywalker
This one may be the best yet

lil bitchiness
Still milking the cash cow...terrible.

Wolfie
If you were in Lionsgate's shoes and each Saw movie was giving you millions in profits, would you stop making them?

BackFire
It's not Lionsgate's fault. It's the fault of everyone who goes to see them.

Verence
I can't wait, I've enjoyed the last 4, and although Jigsaw's now dead, I think a fifth film will be a good way to keep the game playing.
whoever invented poker is long gone now, but people still enjoy playing the game, so just because Jigsaw's gone, that shouldn't mean that we have to stop enjoying the game.

I've just realized how weird that may sound.

rox
whats wrong with liking the saw series.

rox
Saw 5 teaser

Vim
I loved Saw 1, came back for Saw 2 and didn't think it was as good as 1. I watched Saw 3 and was totally unimpressed, ... HOWEVER .... I was in love with the series again with 4, because it seemed to tie all of the first three together nicely and again had a stronger ending than 2 and 3. So i'm hyped about 5.

Vim
Halloween belongs to Saw, now and forever! lol

BackFire
Neat. Another redundant Saw movie. Can't wait.

You know, cuz the others have been so good.

Neo_Version 7
I agree that they should've stopped at the first Saw.

This mythology they laid out is becoming ridiculous. One of the only reasons I keep coming back is deep down I hope to see Dr. Gordon again.

Radical
Originally posted by Kazenji
Jigsaw is dead now and now they've put all this stuff about his ex-wife is now doing his stuff

I thought she was dead or something.

MildPossession
I don't remember her getting killed in Saw 4, she was interviewed by the police too in the film.

tylerTOXICITY
I think Hoffman will Die in the 6th.
Then his wife will take over until the 58th SAW.
Then His pet fish will take over until 112th SAW.

Great?
LOL.
Great poster though.

tylerTOXICITY
To be honest.
I'm ACTUALLY looking forward to this.
It's not as "OMFG" as saw 3 was.

4 was a let down.
This will be as well.
But im not complaining i'll go see it.

cropsy_is_god
Kicking arse out it now aren't they ? Milking it for all its worth another pointless sequel imo.

rox
how can the movie be about hoffman protecting his secret when he has to kill people to hid it. isn't that against jigsaw's rule. how would his secret be threatned when no one knew it was him. rigg is dead so who would tell.

coolmovies
They only make them becouse they know fans will end up watching it in the cinema

rox
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48982

deathbycorn
Haven't seen the 4th, never will. And I will never see this.

The Saw franchise is the new Children of the Corn franchise.

rox
i also think this a flashback cuz it is not escapble and hoffmans traps are suppose to be escapable therefore this must be an old amanda trap

MildPossession
That was a very good trap, liked that.

The Saw movies are masterpieces compared to the Children of the Corn sequels. Some of the sequels were just terrible. At least you get an interesting journey story from the Saw movies and wonder what they are going to do next, inventive traps and so on.

I think you are missing out on Saw 4, I found it to be a lot better than Saw 3.

Wolfie
I'd have to agree with MildPossession.

Though I didn't find the first Children of the Corn to be that great.

Selphie
ooh, pretty brutal.

Discos
Dont know why there aint a topic about this upcoming movie?

well it's the 5th in the series and as usual they aint letting anything slide about the plots or twists.

Detective Hoffman has to pretty much kill all the people who know or may find out that he has become Jigsaw's apprentice.
It is also know that we find the fate Corbett Reinhart from the previous movie of Saw III.

I have my tickets to see the movie on Friday night. Cant wait to see it, obviously there will be some killer plot twists, and seeing as there is a 6h movie... its bound to be a good'un

MildPossession
There are a few topics, with clips and such in...

rox
i have a feeling hoffman is not what we are thinking as far a new apprentice

Kazenji
Originally posted by MildPossession

The Saw movies are masterpieces compared to the Children of the Corn sequels.

Agreed.

MIŠT
Just saw it (haha pun no expression), was actually pretty good. One of the better ones in the series. It leaves a nice clean slate for the next one.

Although one thing I found odd....it shows Hoffman helping Jigsaw put everyone into the room from the beginning of Saw 2, but in Saw 2 Obi was the one to kidnap everyone....

Selphie
I have to disagree with Mist, I think this one was the worst of them all. Just saw it today, and it really was pointless, in my opinion.

MildPossession
Is there a big twist this time around? Someone told me it was to do with one of the last traps, with the surviving victim realising they needed all of them(because all the traps could have been completed without anyone dying) to get through the last trap easier than just with one person? and that there is no big person reveal like the last few movies.

rox
Your sentence came across as you meaning Hoffman was behind everything Jigsaw has done and it wasn't originally Jigsaw. That wouldn't happen.

I TOLD YOU HE! HE! HE! HE! HE!

Discos
mmm... I am a little disappointed with this latest installment of Saw dudes, yeah the movie itself was great and I loved seeing how Hoffman and Jigsaw linked up (even tho the character of Jigsaw I know wouldnt of usually done that).

To answer an earlier question, yeah it was Hofman helping move the traps and people into position, BUT Obi only kidnapped them. I can imagine Obi kidnapped them all and then got drugged himself, Jigsaw just used them.

The ending was kinda rubbish this time round, the twists are getting a little obvious. I dont see what the ending was actually about in Saw 5... yeah we knew Hoffman was the bad guy... so what else is the twist. Fair enuff we find out that Straumm shouldve went into the box when told. But the flashbacks at the end which show clips of the movie are kinda not-needed hiuh?

Discos
oh and about the 6th, the 2 people left from the Saw V game will have something to do with it I would imagine, and who will the good guy be? It kinda sucks that all the characters I actually loved have all been killed ie Rig, Matthews, Straum.... its annoying.

Will it be the head FBI agent who found the 2 final people of the game and also found Straumms "phone"

MildPossession
Dude, instead of SPOILER, do the tags just add the / in front of the last spoiler.

What? Jigsaw was still the original person from the start of the series, like I said...

rox
Dude, instead of SPOILER, do the tags just add the / in front of the last spoiler.

What? Jigsaw was still the original person from the start of the series, like I said...

no need for me to add spoiler when it was an educated guess. just like me guessing hoffman was behind saw 4, another educated guess.

however what u said was true but so is what i said

Impediment
Use spoiler tags, guys. It's polite to those who haven't seen the film yet.

I plan not to see Saw 5. I haven't even seen 3 or 4. 1 and 2 were just stupid.

MildPossession
My spoiler reply was to someone else.

Also I never said Hoffman wasn't behind anything in Saw 4...

rox
My spoiler reply was to someone else.

Also I never said Hoffman wasn't behind anything in Saw 4...

oh.

MIŠT
Originally posted by Discos
oh and about the 6th, the 2 people left from the Saw V game will have something to do with it I would imagine, and who will the good guy be? It kinda sucks that all the characters I actually loved have all been killed ie Rig, Matthews, Straum.... its annoying.

Will it be the head FBI agent who found the 2 final people of the game and also found Straumms "phone"

I thought Saw 5 nicely wrapped up the whole series, the ending didnt really leave any loose bits to come back to. As far as the 2 survivors, they dont know who set them up, so he wouldnt have to come back for them...it would kinda be lame for them to survive the game only to get screwed over again.

But since Saw 6 has been green lighted, I've no idea what it could be about. Doubtful the FBI guy will be involved, unless he has some dark secret thing he has to pay for. They really should end the series now, but Ill still pay to see the next one srug

MildPossession
Hoffman and Jigsaw are both back for Saw VI.

rox

Discos
Wait a minute... something that I was thinking of today, boggles my mind and needs answered

The beginning of Saw 5, when Hoffman's sister's ex-boyfriend/killer is mounted on the table (before the pendulum starts swinging), the video comes on and explains "the rules" but hey.... its John Krammer's voice and NOT Hoffmans.... but Jigsaw had nothing to do with this trap huh?

You can tell it aint Hoffman's voice because you can hear his "tape" recording at the end with Straumm.

Just something that is bothering me

rox
Wait a minute... something that I was thinking of today, boggles my mind and needs answered

The beginning of Saw 5, when Hoffman's sister's ex-boyfriend/killer is mounted on the table (before the pendulum starts swinging), the video comes on and explains "the rules" but hey.... its John Krammer's voice and NOT Hoffmans.... but Jigsaw had nothing to do with this trap huh?

You can tell it aint Hoffman's voice because you can hear his "tape" recording at the end with Straumm.

Just something that is bothering me
true but what gets me is how did jigsaw know hoffman did it.

deathbycorn
Just saw Impediment's post and I'm the same. I got 2 free tickets to Saw 5 and I threw them in the bin at work. I think Saw is a good film because a couple of Aussie's wrote it and it and directed it. And for a couple of Aussie's to make Saw for their first film is pretty good. But Saw 2 killed the franchise for me. It was dead set pathetic. All the characters were annoying as. And the twist with Amanda was just stupid. Part 3 had some decent traps and gore but that was it, the whole plot of the Saw films went to shit after part 2. I haven't seen Part 4, never will. And I will never see part 5. I'd rather waste an hour and a half of my life watching Grease.

Discos
Dude I think you should suck it up and watch 4 and 5, I would go nuts if I didnt see the end of a franchize (even if you think it sucks really bad).

I dont think 2 was stupid at all, I would probably say that is my favourite. Thw twists were great.

However, by Saw 4 it had stretched a wee bit but its still a great movie to see how Jigsaw became the how he was and the stuff with his wife.

MildPossession
Idiot. stick out tongue At least sell them or give them to someone who would want to see Saw 5...

deathbycorn
No one wants to see a shit movie. Simple as that!

MildPossession
Yeah, they just watch all the Children of the Corn sequels... stick out tongue

Selphie
Originally posted by deathbycorn
No one wants to see a shit movie. Simple as that!

Hello, teenagers.

deathbycorn
Yeah, they just watch all the Children of the Corn sequels... stick out tongue

Exactly!

RedFrosty
Saw 5 is not a shit movie, it's just that the thrill is not as intense compared with the first 3 sequels. I will still give it a shot in theater (although it's already in theaters, haven't have the time yet), anyway, I enjoyed watching the first 3.

Discos
the torture methods are pretty good, I did actuall think more than 1 person could have fit into those tubes away from the nail bombs.

the last one was intense, 10 pints of blood? no in my honest opinion, I would have waiting til the timer went off than put my hand in a frickin bansaw... NO WAY!

rox
explain ur last part

Impediment
Discos, use spoiler tags, please. It's polite.

Wolfie
the torture methods are pretty good, I did actuall think more than 1 person could have fit into those tubes away from the nail bombs.
I thought the same thing. Though I had no idea about the other traps.

I enjoyed Saw 5. The ending was the least shocking of all the movies so far. It felt like they had the script ready to go and forgot to put a twist at the end so they threw something together at the last minute.

I'll be seeing Saw 6. I have to see what's in the box.

Darth Vicious
I just saw it and it wasnt bad. It was a fill in the blanks movie with all the flashbacks. Besides the pendulum trap, I didnt really care about the traps used in this movie. As for the last trap, I saw it coming. I guess they got the idea from Superman 2. Im curious as to what was in the box and why would his wife go along with his plans. Megan Goode was electrifying in this movie, lol.

MildPossession
Explain the Superman 2 thing please? confused lol.

Darth Vicious
When Superman tricked General Zod into placing him inside the crystal box to remove his power but he end up being safe as the ones on the outside where the ones at risk.

rox
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I just saw it and it wasnt bad. It was a fill in the blanks movie with all the flashbacks. Besides the pendulum trap, I didnt really care about the traps used in this movie. As for the last trap, I saw it coming. I guess they got the idea from Superman 2. Im curious as to what was in the box and why would his wife go along with his plans. Megan Goode was electrifying in this movie, lol.

his wife going alone with it, is probably part of hoffmans test. since someone left the note on his desk knowing who he is and agent perez figuring it out

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by rox
his wife going alone with it, is probably part of hoffmans test. since someone left the note on his desk knowing who he is and agent perez figuring it out

Thats true. I forgot about that. At first I thought it was Straum that sent it.

rox
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Thats true. I forgot about that. At first I thought it was Straum that sent it. smokin'

discod
How can people say they should have stopped at 1???? Each one keeps getting better and its so clever that they all mx into one movie.I for one cannot wait until 6 and await the return.
I do not believe Jill will carry on his work,maybe Jill and Hoffman were once an item but i think Daniel will make an appearance in future films? big grin

discod
watch them all through again esp 4 and 5 and think about it smile

Impediment
For Christ's sake, just use the Saw 5 thread.

Merged.

coolmovies
well there gonna make two more movies the traps are getting better and more violance

rox
It just dawned on me that hoffman is living in the nerve gas house from saw 2, but also the eight people including zep and adam's dead bodies would make the 8 people killed in that fire that brit caused. the other six being the victims of saw 2

MildPossession
Eh? Did I miss something, I thought the fire that connected them all in Saw V was totally seperate place with innocent people in, not the victims from other movies.

rox
Eh? Did I miss something, I thought the fire that connected them all in Saw V was totally seperate place with innocent people in, not the victims from other movies.

supposedly but go back and watch saw v. hoffmans house is the exact same as saw 2

MildPossession
I'm not saying you are wrong with that part.

rox
oh. which part r u referring to

MildPossession
The people killed in the fire .

Impediment
Seriously...............is it that hard to just use the official thread that you, yourself, made??

Merged.

MildPossession
Silly billy.

rox
Originally posted by Impediment
Seriously...............is it that hard to just use the official thread that you, yourself, made??

Merged.

the one i made that is almostear old. i want people to notice. now people will think this thread is just a rehash.

MildPossession
They will see it because obviously a new post has been put into the topic if it's moved to the top...

As We Collapse
I have this problem where every time I go see a saw movie I forget the previous one. This has happened the last 2 and I keep asking myself what happened in the last one? I find it insane that we have already seen 5 of these. Can't wait for Saw X.

MildPossession
Watch the few before the new one the night before so you are up to date stick out tongue

According to the film makers, the sixth one is suppose to be the most violent of the lot. They say that everytime though.

redrum69
I think SAW was the best for the plot and how it it ended.. I never saw it coming, a the "dead" man in the bathroom... thats great stuff... I've seen them all and I even own them all mostly because of all the blood thats in them.....

AC/DC'S_LVR
i liked the twist at the end of the trail by fire
but really, the first Saw will always be the best one IMO

Mantug61
I actually haven't seen Saw 5 yet, but from the posts here, it seems to be very good and highly recommended. I am looking forward to seeing it now.

My Good Old Life

Vim
Was I the only Saw fan who knew everything that was happening in the movie before it happened? I thought they were supposed to make these movies unpredictable?? WTF?? I was astonished by how simple it was, especially after how complicated Saw 4 was...

I will wait for Saw 6 to come out on airplane or something, I travel internationally a lot, so I will get to watch it for free. After such a letdown with 5 I'm no longer a fan of the series. IMO 1 was the ultimate best, 2 was okay, 3 was as predictable and dumb as 5, but 4 was redeemed, and is nearly as good as 1. I'm glad I didn't waste any money watching 5 and I won't make the same mistake with 6.

MildPossession
I hardly ever watch films on planes, they almost always edit them and are on one shitty screen, even in first class. No way to watch a film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.