Prodigy vs. X-23

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DestinyGuy678
this is prodigy from the new x-men, he's wielding the muramasa against x-23, who wins:

Prodigy
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/195125-125672-prodigy_super.jpg

vs.

X-23
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4226/134768-102562-x-23_super.jpg

llagrok
I think X-23 would take it pretty handily.

All her training and superior stats should make her capable of taking him out. Even if he does get in one attack, she would still kill him with hers.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by llagrok
I think X-23 would take it pretty handily.

All her training and superior stats should make her capable of taking him out. Even if he does get in one attack, she would still kill him with hers. he is a far better martial artist, and Im not sure if x-23 has superior stats, I dont think theyve been stated (she has been shown to bullet dodge though I think thats about it)

Grinning Goku
I'm leaning towards X-23. Her healing factor gives her the edge.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
I'm leaning towards X-23. Her healing factor gives her the edge. the mura masa cancels out the healing factor

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
the mura masa cancels out the healing factor

Oh, missed that part. So it's David I guess.

guy222
prodigy

llagrok
he is a far better martial artist, and Im not sure if x-23 has superior stats, I dont think theyve been stated (she has been shown to bullet dodge though I think thats about it)

Far better martial artist my ass. He has Wolverine's skills and that's it, Shadowcat only uses an Israeli martial arts that won't help him at all when he's wielding a sword. In fact, when using a sword David will just be somewhat skilled, since all he has are Wolverine's sword skills.

X-23 has enhanced human speed, reflexes, durability, strength, etc. David is an 18 year old nerd. He's lucky if he's on average human stats, considering that he's only been with the x-men for a year or something. It's arguable that he's more skilled, but it won't make up for her far superior physique.

Going for the throat is relatively easy for X-23 as well, has David ever killed anyone? Nope.

It's pretty easy to tell that you haven't read a lot of comics involving X-23.

DestinyGuy678
Far better martial artist my ass. He has Wolverine's skills and that's it, Shadowcat only uses an Israeli martial arts that won't help him at all when he's wielding a sword. In fact, when using a sword David will just be somewhat skilled, since all he has are Wolverine's sword skills.

X-23 has enhanced human speed, reflexes, durability, strength, etc. David is an 18 year old nerd. He's lucky if he's on average human stats, considering that he's only been with the x-men for a year or something. It's arguable that he's more skilled, but it won't make up for her far superior physique.

Going for the throat is relatively easy for X-23 as well, has David ever killed anyone? Nope.

It's pretty easy to tell that you haven't read a lot of comics involving X-23. wolverine was a master samurai as well as he's met night crawler who uses swords all of the mtime, meets all of the x-men prodigy is far smarter and skilled than x-23

and enhanced strength and such havent been proven, I've seen her seires and she really hasnt don anything that would require enhanced strength

and being a part of the new-xmen - who have killed others i ncombat and it didnt scar david at all - david wouldnt have trouble ending x-23 if needed

and yes I have read a lot of comics involing x-23 whic hwh yI can say she isnt as skilled as wolverine. again she has never demonstrated super strength and she has regular durability (without the healing factor) they never got around to giving her an adamantium skeleton wihich means her bones can be broken

in a straight hand-to-hand fight prodigy beat wolverine, giving hi mthe mura masa he should take out x-23

llagrok
wolverine was a master samurai as well as he's met night crawler who uses swords all of the mtime, meets all of the x-men prodigy is far smarter and skilled than x-23

and enhanced strength and such havent been proven, I've seen her seires and she really hasnt don anything that would require enhanced strength

and being a part of the new-xmen - who have killed others i ncombat and it didnt scar david at all - david wouldnt have trouble ending x-23 if needed

and yes I have read a lot of comics involing x-23 whic hwh yI can say she isnt as skilled as wolverine. again she has never demonstrated super strength and she has regular durability (without the healing factor) they never got around to giving her an adamantium skeleton wihich means her bones can be broken

in a straight hand-to-hand fight prodigy beat wolverine, giving hi mthe mura masa he should take out x-23

She is a clone of Wolverine, so she OBVIOUSLY has enhanced human stats. If she didn't have any form of enhanced human durability, Hulk's attack would've killed her instantly. You can't heal from being killed instantly, hence why she obviously has enhanced human durability.

Prodigy did NOT beat Wolverine, he simply caught him off guard with a leg sweep. Make up as many stories as you want to, won't make a difference. X-23 was actually capable of injuring him on several occasions, unlike Prodigy WHO TRIPPED HIM. Some Wolverine fanboys will try to discredit this, but she did hurt him.

You can keep up deluding yourself into thinking she wouldn't be capable of blocking the sword, with far superior stats, but you're just making an idiot out of yourself, assuming someone actually thinks you haven't done that already.

DestinyGuy678
She is a clone of Wolverine, so she OBVIOUSLY has enhanced human stats. If she didn't have any form of enhanced human durability, Hulk's attack would've killed her instantly. You can't heal from being killed instantly, hence why she obviously has enhanced human durability.

Prodigy did NOT beat Wolverine, he simply caught him off guard with a leg sweep. Make up as many stories as you want to, won't make a difference. X-23 was actually capable of injuring him on several occasions, unlike Prodigy WHO TRIPPED HIM. Some Wolverine fanboys will try to discredit this, but she did hurt him.

You can keep up deluding yourself into thinking she wouldn't be capable of blocking the sword, with far superior stats, but you're just making an idiot out of yourself, assuming someone actually thinks you haven't done that already. ....no...not at all, and I remembered the fight wrong

prodigy asks wolverine to wear a helmet so he WONT leech his skills

they each stand and begin,

wolverine throws a kick, prodigy dodges and throws a punch wolverine is surpsised and unleashes his own punch, prodigy catches his hand and throws wolverine.

wolverine then states:
"not bad kid. but even if you've got the skill, the fight shouldnt be this close. I've got heightened agility and strength on you."

Prodigy knocks wolverine off balance and puts his hand around his throat

prodigy:
"true, but I've been running into x-men all day. I've mastered all their fighting styles and intergrated them into my own"

fight ends

prodigy is a much better fighter than wolverine and in turn better tha nx-23, however note this was a telepathic battle to see what life would be like if prodigy remembered everything he leeched. So he doesnt get to meet as many people as he does in the real story, basically prodigy is a combination of all of the skills of the x-men.

iceman24567
So wait Prodigy has their skills not experience with their skills? I think that makes a huge difference to be honest he probably would get koed in the first 3 panels.

srankmissingnin
....no...not at all, and I remembered the fight wrong

prodigy asks wolverine to wear a helmet so he WONT leech his skills

they each stand and begin,

wolverine throws a kick, prodigy dodges and throws a punch wolverine is surpsised and unleashes his own punch, prodigy catches his hand and throws wolverine.

wolverine then states:
"not bad kid. but even if you've got the skill, the fight shouldnt be this close. I've got heightened agility and strength on you."

Prodigy knocks wolverine off balance and puts his hand around his throat

prodigy:
"true, but I've been running into x-men all day. I've mastered all their fighting styles and intergrated them into my own"

fight ends

prodigy is a much better fighter than wolverine and in turn better tha nx-23, however note this was a telepathic battle to see what life would be like if prodigy remembered everything he leeched. So he doesnt get to meet as many people as he does in the real story, basically prodigy is a combination of all of the skills of the x-men.

That wasn't real. That was a scenerio that was played out in his head by Emma Frost. He's not better than Wolverine.

llagrok
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
That wasn't real. That was a scenerio that was played out in his head by Emma Frost. He's not better than Wolverine.

Even if he was more skilled than Wolverine, which he isn't, Wolverine still has a huge physical advantage. I mean, Wolverine is enhanced human, pushing superhuman imo.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
That wasn't real. That was a scenerio that was played out in his head by Emma Frost. He's not better than Wolverine. no but you see later in teh series, the actions happen pretty muc hexatly as they hapened in his dream save for he couldnt save he still ahd his mental blocks. however the scenario was a ver yreal interpretation of what david would be without his mental blocks, and now he doesnt have them, the only reason things dont happen lik e in the scenario is because he cant leech fro manyone anymore, he still has al lthe skills of the x-men though

and in a real fight wolverine would win, but prodigy does know all of the x-mens martial arts including wolverines

DestinyGuy678
Even if he was more skilled than Wolverine, which he isn't, Wolverine still has a huge physical advantage. I mean, Wolverine is enhanced human, pushing superhuman imo. the yadress that in the fight, wolverine says it shouldnt be this close, prodigy says he inergrated all of the styles in the x-mansion into his own. He also had wolverine experience since he accidently knocked off the helmet guarding him from his powers

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by iceman24567
So wait Prodigy has their skills not experience with their skills? I think that makes a huge difference to be honest he probably would get koed in the first 3 panels. he gains their skills, why would you need experience with skill?

its shown he needs no learning curve, right after meeting beast he is able to devise a way to save josh foley when he was in critical condtion.

thus meeting all the x-men he knows all of their martial arts.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by iceman24567
So wait Prodigy has their skills not experience with their skills? I think that makes a huge difference to be honest he probably would get koed in the first 3 panels.

also prodigy (in the what if dream thing) says he ahd just met the x-men that day and had already intergrated all of their styles into his own.

sorry for posting so much

The Pict
I think Prodigy is more skilled due to all the martial arts and fighting techniques he's picked up from tutors and team-mates (which most likely include X-23 herself), however Laura is skilled enough to hold him off, and she has the super-human attributes, speed and reflexes that come with being a clone of Wolverine.

She takes this everytime IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.