Silver surfer vs juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ultimatethor
No bfr. Evn SS failed to hurt jugs

Knowsbleed33
Without BFR it ends in a stalemate.

norrinradd43
Surfer wins

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Without BFR it ends in a stalemate. not if norrin figures out the same thing thor did, negate cain's energy feed. he can surround him with a modified force bubble or something that stops the influx of magical energy. not sure if it's possible but surfer usually makes short work of brutes anyway.

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut isn't the typical brute. Juggernaut has shrugged off the power cosmic before.

Acrosurge
I don't think it would be that difficult for the Surfer to discern Juggernaut's weakness to telepathy with Cosmic Awareness. He forced the Abomination to sleep (and had a decent TP showing during In Thy Name). He could do the same to Juggs here with fair ease.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut isn't the typical brute. Juggernaut has shrugged off the power cosmic before. your right, but the thing that separates him from the normal brute (magical strength/empowerment) is also his most glaring exploitable weakness, just as long as the person he is fighting is aware of it and has the power or resources to capitalize on it.

i believe surfer can with his cosmic awareness. i bet he could even see the energy flowing into him without any effort, then he puts 2 and 2 together.......de-powered juggy can be beaten down.

big juggy man
I don't think it would be that difficult for the Surfer to discern Juggernaut's weakness to telepathy with Cosmic Awareness. He forced the Abomination to sleep (and had a decent TP showing during In Thy Name). He could do the same to Juggs here with fair ease.

Abomination isnt in the same league as the Juggernaut but if the Surfer can negate Cyttoraks power to Jugs then of course he wins. But wasn't Silver Suffer knocked out by the Hulk before and didnt Black Panther crab the Surfer and for some reason he couldnt break free? If the Juggernaut has some type of "super grip" then he wins with ease.

h1a8
This is silly. This fight is a stalemate unless SS gets stupid and comes too close.

janus77
Surfer wins.

either do what Thor did or just attack on the Astral Plain and destroy Juggernaut there.

then again, I think Surfer could put the necessary physical strength together to crush Juggernaut too - Surfer's limits are way beyond Juggernaut's.

nimbus006
Surfer could remove his helmet through transmutation/matter manipulation, and then utilize a TP assault.

janus77
doesn't need to remove anything, he can just phase into Juggernaut's head and have at it. that's if he decides to bother with anything as slow as TP attack.

the quickest way to destroy Juggernaut would be some energy loop, channel an infinite amount of energy into a singularity and place Juggernaut within it... he's staying put, Cyttorak be damned! smile

llagrok
Didn't Cyttorak teleport Cain in WWH?

Nihilist
Originally posted by llagrok
Didn't Cyttorak teleport Cain in WWH?
yes,in exchange for him turning back to his old ways

Acrosurge
Originally posted by big juggy man

Abomination isnt in the same league as the Juggernaut but if the Surfer can negate Cyttoraks power to Jugs then of course he wins. But wasn't Silver Suffer knocked out by the Hulk before and didnt Black Panther crab the Surfer and for some reason he couldnt break free? If the Juggernaut has some type of "super grip" then he wins with ease. The only time the Surfer has been KO'd by Hulk was during Planet Hulk. The Surfer was dominating Hulk and his entire team of gladiators, but when Surfer quit fighting, the Hulk cheap shotted him. On every other occasion, the Surfer has absolutely schooled the Hulk. On one occasion, Surfer literally almost killed him.

The Surfer doesn't need to negate Cyttorak's enchantments. Lot's of folks have TP'd Juggs regardless of his magic protection. Heck, Nimrod has even KO'd him with sonics. The Surfer could easily do that or more.

h1a8
SS is not using TP.
Either this is a stalemate or SS loses.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
SS is not using TP.
Either this is a stalemate or SS loses. how? norrin has too much power, skill, speed, intelligence to lose. cosmic awareness is a powerful tool.

Acrosurge
SS is not using TP. How's that? ITN suggests that Surfer can attack the psyche/soul/lifeforce quite effectively. Why couldn't he do this against Juggernaut when other telepaths have done it? Again, Nimrod even effected Juggs with sonics, which is far below the threshold of what Surfer can bring to the table.

ultimatethor
SS is not using TP.
Either this is a stalemate or SS loses.

Laughable. Whats going to stop him? Anyway SS wins fairly easily. Removes jugs helmet and destroys him mentally. OR just absorbs him into his board.

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
not if norrin figures out the same thing thor did, negate cain's energy feed. he can surround him with a modified force bubble or something that stops the influx of magical energy. Can Surfer utilize the PC to mimic mystical energies? Because Thor negated Juggy's unstoppability by casting a short-lived "spell", as he put it.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
not sure if it's possible but surfer usually makes short work of brutes anyway. Classic Juggy is far from a typical 'brute'.

big juggy man
Was the Juggernauts forcefield up when these characters used telepathy on him? With his forcefield up would could the Surfer do? Beating the Hulk a being who can feel pain and be killed is different from beating a being who is immortal and cant feel physical pain. The Juggernaut could only win if the Silver Surfer tried to go toe to toe with him but i doubt he would so the Juggernaut should never win and the only way the Silver Surfer would win is if the Juggernaut had his forcefield down.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Galan007
Can Surfer utilize the PC to mimic mystical energies?
Yeah

Galan007
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Yeah Really? When's he done that?

darthgoober
Originally posted by big juggy man

Abomination isnt in the same league as the Juggernaut but if the Surfer can negate Cyttoraks power to Jugs then of course he wins. But wasn't Silver Suffer knocked out by the Hulk before and didnt Black Panther crab the Surfer and for some reason he couldnt break free? If the Juggernaut has some type of "super grip" then he wins with ease.
Only if the writer is ignorant of the Surfer's abilities...
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7996/ffannual05silversurfer1tl0.jpg

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Galan007
Really? When's he done that?
I can't find the scans for it, but Odin and Surfer combine their power to revive Beta Ray Bill. In Surfer's thoughts he thinks something to the effect of "Crap yes! I can replicate and supercharge this stuff! Alvis rules!"

bbrem123
the current surfer is a beast...his durability is crazy now...he took several shots from Tenebrous and Aegis with out getting koed and then after all that channeled the energy of the crunch through himself to kill them both

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.