Superman (Red Son) vs. The Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
Clark or Bob - who wins?

TheGame17
Superman 6/10
i think....

tkitna
I'll stay out of this one so that the thread can stay open.

carnage52
clark speedblitz commie style! Happy Dance

Soljer
Originally posted by TheGame17
Superman 16/10
i think....

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by tkitna

You better....or else...boxing chair

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Prime#
Red Son stomps

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by tkitna

=Unwarranted self-importance.

And Superman stomps.

bbrem123
sentry

horrorwolf
Sentry has more potential power, Superman has the clear edge in experience.

For instance I think Sentry would've taken out Both Kalibak and Mantis easily.

Draw.

Pyron_Knight
I don't remember Mantis in Red Son...could be wrong.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
I don't remember Mantis in Red Son...could be wrong.

No - you're right, I was making a point regarding how powerful Sentry is (non-related to Red Son).

-K-M-
Why do people think Mantis is weak? He's a beast, and it's a feat onto itself Superman did what he did against the upgraded Kalibak and Mantis erm

llagrok
Originally posted by -K-M-
Why do people think Mantis is weak? He's a beast, and it's a feat onto itself Superman did what he did against the upgraded Kalibak and Mantis erm

Mantis used to be second to only DS on Apokolips?

-K-M-
Originally posted by llagrok
Mantis used to be second to only DS on Apokolips?

Yes, and has very uber feats to back it up

horrorwolf

Never said he was weak.

He's just a beast that Sentry would destroy quickly one on one.

-K-M-
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Never said he was weak.

Its just Sentry would destroy him quickly one on one.

and that's debatable considering his feats

Pyron_Knight
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2259/brain1cv2.th.jpghttp://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6531/brain2hb2.th.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2/brain3kx2.th.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8427/brain4qo0.th.jpg

Sentry got anything on this?

Starscream M
Why do people think Mantis is weak? He's a beast, and it's a feat onto itself Superman did what he did against the upgraded Kalibak and Mantis erm Has Mantis any impressive showings against any toptier A-listers?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
Has Mantis any impressive showings against any toptier A-listers?

Yes, he has beat Martian Manhunter , beat Hal Jordan , defeated the combined might of Dr.Fate-Hal Jordan and Wonder Woman at the same time, defeated Dr.Fate on another occasion , defeated Star Sapphire , defeated Infinity Man, etc.

He's a beast

Starscream M
cool, thanks for the info

The Pict
Red Son Supes 10/10

Golden Gardian
Red Son wins.....

quanchi112
Yes, and has very uber feats to back it up Ancient feats. His recent showing in dong made him into a sidekick imo. Kalibak was the heavyhitter and even he needed a lucky blow to down Superman.

comicfan11
Red Son stomps

-K-M-
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ancient feats. His recent showing in dong made him into a sidekick imo. Kalibak was the heavyhitter and even he needed a lucky blow to down Superman.

It's called a bad showing, you don't ignore all his other showings as per the rules of the board erm

Even not to long ago he was taking on the Legion and one-shotted the Titans and The Favored

~The Wickerman~
Red Son should win the majority of the fights quite handily.

quanchi112
It's called a bad showing, you don't ignore all his other showings as per the rules of the board erm

Even not to long ago he was taking on the Legion and one-shotted the Titans and The Favored How long ago is my question?

-K-M-
How long ago is my question?

Few years back, not long at all.

quanchi112
Few years back, not long at all. What year exactly?

-K-M-
What year exactly?

Legion fight
1) 1997
2) 1997-1998

Titans & The Favored
1) 2002-2003

quanchi112
Legion fight
1) 1997
2) 1997-1998

Titans & The Favored
1) 2002-2003 Ok so his good feats arent so far back but his latest battle brings his average way down imo.

-K-M-
Ok so his good feats arent so far back but his latest battle brings his average way down imo.

Not really as those showings completly contradicted all of his other showings and the majority showings he is depicted at. As per the rules of the board we go by how the characters are generally portrayed at not just 1 or 2 bad showings.

Like recently Extremis Iron Man had his armor cut open by a Hand ninja, do we take that as a norm?

quanchi112
Not really as those showings completly contradicted all of his other showings and the majority showings he is depicted at. As per the rules of the board we go by how the characters are generally portrayed at not just 1 or 2 bad showings.

Like recently Extremis Iron Man had his armor cut open by a Hand ninja, do we take that as a norm? I factor in all of the showings and I think if you ignore anything you are just picking and choosing imo.

Estacado
Red Son ftw.

-K-M-
I factor in all of the showings and I think if you ignore anything you are just picking and choosing imo.

No we have rules for this kind of thing, so does that mean Iron Man's armor is weak against swords?

quanchi112
No we have rules for this kind of thing, so does that mean Iron Man's armor is weak against swords? Pis is an altogether different thing imo. But ignoring someones showing completely is picking and choosing imo. Leave it alone I have given you my opinion.

-K-M-
Pis is an altogether different thing imo. But ignoring someones showing completely is picking and choosing imo. Leave it alone I have given you my opinion.

Errrr...those things I mentioned were PIS, so why would they count? As we have rules on this board that discredit it erm

Avlon
Red Son destroys Sentry.

horrorwolf
Sentry takes this.

OneDumbG0
No we have rules for this kind of thing, so does that mean Iron Man's armor is weak against swords? Hand ninjas are pretty good at dismantling armor. They took apart the Sentinel that Wolverine was riding around on in 'Enemy of the State' to the absolute bafflement of Wolverine himself. I think that they could take apart most armor as long as they don't completely succumb to the "inverse ninja law." Besides, they were mainly attacking spots in Iron Man's armor. Not like they completely destroyed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.