Megaman 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HueyFreeman
Hey so just read an article about the new Megaman being 8 bit and I have come to disagree with capcoms decision to do this. Megaman needs to reinvented, (If mario can do it, why not megaman).

Neo Darkhalen
Yes there is going to be a Megaman 9 (known for days now)

it will be in 8 bit style not 16 bit or MHX/MMPU style, we have 8 new RM including for the first time a female RM, Splash Woman

the other RM are Magma Man, Galaxy Man, Jewel Man, Concrete Man, Hornet Man, Plug Man, Tornado Man.

So yeah back to the NES era with MM9 and it looks like they are reusing old sprites, i will download it (Nintendo power confirms Wiiware, but i believe it will be available to LIVE and PS3 marketplace)

Apparently this time Dr. Light is being accused of the problems but as usual it's going to be Dr. Wily.

Not a big fan of the idea of going back to 8 bit or a female RM, but if the gameplay's good and so is the music (looking at MM3 and MM2's Wily castle stage 1 here) it should be a nice little retro gem.

The Megaman Network confirms MM9
http://blue-bomber.jvmwriter.org/community/index.php?showtopic=1505

Kirikaze Fuuma
so capcom would continue the original megaman series?

JKozzy
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Hey so just read an article about the new Megaman being 8 bit and I have come to disagree with capcoms decision to do this. Megaman needs to reinvented, (If mario can do it, why not megaman). Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
So yeah back to the NES era with MM9 and it looks like they are reusing old sprites, i will download it (Nintendo power confirms Wiiware, but i believe it will be available to LIVE and PS3 marketplace)

Not a big fan of the idea of going back to 8 bit or a female RM, but if the gameplay's good and so is the music (looking at MM3 and MM2's Wily castle stage 1 here) it should be a nice little retro gem.
I disagree with you - games don't need to be flashy or reinventive to be fun. I think that if more gaming companies take this kind of stylized approach to gaming, we could have a lot more enjoyable classics. You can't say you truly enjoyed the 3D Megamans, they're nothing in comparison. Time tested gameplay, nostalgic graphics... and who's to say that 8 bit can't look nice? With technology today, 8 bit should look as crisp and nice as possible. If they did this with the Super Mario Bros. series, that would also be great. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. plenty, but it just... didn't feel 100% the same.

Graphics don't make or break a game, and I'm glad that Capcom is proving this. Gameplay does. And if the core mechanic of Megaman is intact and the experience is fresh, this is going to be a must-get for many old-school and new-school Megaman fans.

And it'll be the first cross-platform DLC title - hitting XBL, PSN and WiiWare. I'll probably pick it up for 360 and Wii, not sure which first though.

@st
Im not a MegaMan fan, but this does interest me for being such an unusual decision. People doing make old school looking games now, but they usually do it in a stylized way, so its wierd to see a true 8 bit game.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by JKozzy
I disagree with you - games don't need to be flashy or reinventive to be fun. I think that if more gaming companies take this kind of stylized approach to gaming, we could have a lot more enjoyable classics. You can't say you truly enjoyed the 3D Megamans, they're nothing in comparison. Time tested gameplay, nostalgic graphics... and who's to say that 8 bit can't look nice? With technology today, 8 bit should look as crisp and nice as possible. If they did this with the Super Mario Bros. series, that would also be great. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. plenty, but it just... didn't feel 100% the same.

Graphics don't make or break a game, and I'm glad that Capcom is proving this. Gameplay does. And if the core mechanic of Megaman is intact and the experience is fresh, this is going to be a must-get for many old-school and new-school Megaman fans.

And it'll be the first cross-platform DLC title - hitting XBL, PSN and WiiWare. I'll probably pick it up for 360 and Wii, not sure which first though.

Ever played MMPU or MHX, those or more so MMPU is a great game, a perfect remake of MM, if the game could be like that your on for a win, and there is no reason it should, i am a huge Megaman fan, but even i know that 16 bit or PSP graphics would have served better.

MM has always been the same in both the classic series and the X series, 8 RM or Mavericks you beat them then move onto the main villain of the game, most games in both series have been really fun, and i can play both series over and over again, and i still think MM7 is the best looking MM game of the X and classic series, and it also has great gameplay something MM8 was missing.

Also the creator specified this game will be for the hard core fans, i guess thats why it is 8 bit.

ESB -1138
NES graphics and sound? How stupid are you Capcom?

The 3D Megaman games sucked not because it was in 3D...but because Capcom sucked at making them. And throwing Megaman back into the 8-Bit era (or anyone including Mario for that matter) is a horrible idea all together. Sonic went into 2D with the Rush series (and now I'm guessing Unleashed) but they didn't cheap out and just use the Genesis graphics and call it a day.

When we're in an age of the 7th generation and you're making a game using 3rd generation tech that does make a difference. Capcom has proved nothing other then the fact that they can't do anything with Megaman except through out the same game with different levels each year and hope to make a profit. They're lazy developers who put no effort at all into the Megaman games.

WiiWare...that's a funny name.

atv2
Is this a joke? Most certainly they can do something with the graphics. Come on, if they are going to make MM9 they can put it in the fashion of MM8 or MMZ, they don't need to go back to 8-bit nintendo graphics. It needs to look like something that is new.

atv2
In the fashion that they make a MM9, they should have a good choice of characters to play as in this one. Bass and Protoman would be a good choice, it would be nice to see Duo again too. Another thing, bring back the Megaman-Rush fusion, that was good, they took that out of MM8 and just had Bass and Treble use it. The shop was good too, they should keep that in.

Kazenji
Good to see it going back to 8 bit altho 16 bit would've been better

Updating the game did'nt exactly work for the X games all they did was made all the enemies and levels 3D but it still played the same.

Jedah Materia
Luv Megaman but I got doubts 'bout this one...

Neo Darkhalen
16bit or MMPU or MHX graphics would have been a lot better as i have said, other then that i don't see anything wrong with it, bar a female RM.

Jedah Materia
Yeah, 8 bit just isn't enough for this day and age...unless it's on one of the handhelds.

SmashBro
I don't know about you guys but I like the idea of it being 8-bit. It just goes to show you that 2D games aren't dead. Seeing that I'm both a Nintendo and Megaman fan, I'm really looking forward to this.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by SmashBro
I don't know about you guys but I like the idea of it being 8-bit. It just goes to show you that 2D games aren't dead. Seeing that I'm both a Nintendo and Megaman fan, I'm really looking forward to this.

Yeah but look at MMPU and MHX there 2D with 3D graphics and they look awesome.

SmashBro
Yeah but I really don't mind the 8-bit or 16-bit style. Any gamer that was around during those days really shouldn't have a problem, if you ask me.

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah but I really don't mind the 8-bit or 16-bit style. Any gamer that was around during those days really shouldn't have a problem, if you ask me.

And i was around during those years and i would still rather have 16 bit or MMPU or MHX graphics.

First MM game i owned was MM2.

atv2
16-bit would be good. That's what they need to use for part 9. Maverick Hunter X was tough to sell, going 8 bit would be a bad idea.

((The_Anomaly))
I l.Ive this idea, Megaman is one of my favorite series ever and having a new game in the first series is badass. Although I still think they should make a Megaman X Wii game that is a #d sidescroller where you use the Wiimote and nunchuck and the pointer is onscreen to allow you to shoot and you move etv eith the nunchuck. This would allow MEgaman to shoot in a full circle around him and would be amazing with updated graphics etc. Thats the Megaman I wanna see. Though this is a kinda fun thing too. If its 8-bit will it be 16:9, is that even possible, Im a tech junkie but even Im not sure/ I'll be kinda upset if it isnt 16:9 widescreen. I dont mind the old school graphis but it HAS to be widesvreen, its unacceptable if it isnt (to me anyways)

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I l.Ive this idea, Megaman is one of my favorite series ever and having a new game in the first series is badass. Although I still think they should make a Megaman X Wii game that is a #d sidescroller where you use the Wiimote and nunchuck and the pointer is onscreen to allow you to shoot and you move etv eith the nunchuck. This would allow MEgaman to shoot in a full circle around him and would be amazing with updated graphics etc. Thats the Megaman I wanna see. Though this is a kinda fun thing too. If its 8-bit will it be 16:9, is that even possible, Im a tech junkie but even Im not sure/ I'll be kinda upset if it isnt 16:9 widescreen. I dont mind the old school graphis but it HAS to be widesvreen, its unacceptable if it isnt (to me anyways)

I just want to play the game.

SmashBro
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))

That sounds like a good idea. A side scrolling Megaman X Wii game seems cool, especially since I'm more of a Megaman X myself.

Neo Darkhalen
That sounds like a good idea. A side scrolling Megaman X Wii game seems cool, especially since I'm more of a Megaman X myself.

MMX is a futile waste, ever since X5 and the fact that the remake of the original Megaman is better then the remake of the original Megaman X really proves they should keep to the classic series...

MMX is just MM with Mavericks instead of Robot Masters...i since obtained some respect for MMX with MHX, however classic is the superior series.

Speaking of which it is a shame that we won't get a MMPU2 or a MHX2 for a long while.

SmashBro
I don't see why you would say that remake of Megaman is better than the remake of Megaman X. They're both pretty close to the originals, which I like equally.

Neo Darkhalen
MMPU is far superior to MHX and it contains many more features, MMPU is vastly superior to MHX.

JKozzy
http://www.videogamer.com/news/09-07-2008-8756.html

Recently announced, it will cost 1,000 Wii points.

Too expensive for a NES title, as those are only 500 points? Or justified, since it's a brand new game?

Neo Darkhalen

Too expensive for a NES title, as those are only 500 points? Or justified, since it's a brand new game?

Nah too much for what it's worth.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
MMPU is far superior to MHX and it contains many more features, MMPU is vastly superior to MHX.

...You said this three times now.

JKozzy
I liked Hunter X.

chithappens
Game developers really need to re-visit this idea. Games are way too expensive and gameplay is not all bells and whistles.

Why the hell Sega hasn't done this with Sonic years ago is beyond me

JKozzy
yes

SmashBro

I guess it's justified since it's a brand new game. Plus, it's back to it's classic roots which is something many hardcore fans are more than satisfied with and there's ALOT of hardcore fans. I gotta admit, I do wish it was KIND of lower but seeing that it is a brand new, I can't complain that much.

Neo Darkhalen
achivements for MM9 on Xbox

- Jitterbug: Clear the game in 60 minutes or less. (20G)
- Invincible: Clear the game without dying. (30G)
- Almost Invincible: Clear the game without continuing. (20G)
- No Coffee Break: Clear the game without using any Energy or Mystery Tanks. (10G)
- Peacekeeper: Clear the game by defeating the fewest number of enemies possible. (20G)
- Conservationist: Clear the game by using the least amount of Weapon Energy possible. (20G)
- Gamer's Day: Clear the game 5 times in 1 day. (20G)
- Whomp Wily!: Clear the game once. (20G)
- Destroyer: Defeat your 1000th enemy. (20G)
- World Warrior: Defeat every type of enemy. (5G)
- Trusty Sidearm: Defeat the 8 Bosses with the Mega Buster. (20G)
- Blue Bomber: Defeat a Boss without getting damaged. (10G)

Darth Jello
i just hope that music, sprite, and colorwise it's more like megaman 2-4 and not garish like 5 and 6

Darth Jello
i also think it may be worth the extra wii points since several sources have said the game is 50 levels long

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Darth Jello
i also think it may be worth the extra wii points since several sources have said the game is 50 levels long

Yeah because Wily's fortress will be that long, you have your 8 masters and around 4-6 castle stages usually....and considering that one of the achievements for MM9 is complete the game in less then an hour, pretty much proves this source to be wrong.

ragesRemorse
I LOVE the idea of companies making side scrolling shooters on current gen consoles. I would prefer the developers to utilize the capabilities of the current gen consoles when making a new side scrolling shooter though. Why the fuk would you make a game for a current gen console and go out of your way to limit the graphics and gameplay to where it looks and plays like an 8-bit game? That sounds like a dog shit idea to me.

Ushgarak
Because it is easier, because it is a deliberate attempt to extend a reto franchise, and because if they had made the effort of making it a full modern game then it would never have been released as a cheaper download option.

I think it is an awesome idea to do this sort of thing- literal retro gaming. And it's hardly a main line blocking all other development; it is an experiment and it has gone rather well.

Good stuff this.

SmashBro
I'm glad to see the first Megaman is finally available for the VC in the US.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Because it is easier, because it is a deliberate attempt to extend a reto franchise, and because if they had made the effort of making it a full modern game then it would never have been released as a cheaper download option.

I think it is an awesome idea to do this sort of thing- literal retro gaming. And it's hardly a main line blocking all other development; it is an experiment and it has gone rather well.

Good stuff this.

you make some good points. I like the idea that a mainstream established development team is doing a more obscure project. I just hope this doesn't start a trend of revitalizing, long dead, 2d scrollers in their original 8-bit format. I'm just biitching because i really want to see old school side scrollers brought back to life using current technology.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you make some good points. I like the idea that a mainstream established development team is doing a more obscure project. I just hope this doesn't start a trend of revitalizing, long dead, 2d scrollers in their original 8-bit format. I'm just biitching because i really want to see old school side scrollers brought back to life using current technology.

To be fair this is what Megaman needs, not exactly a new 8bit game, but it certainly needs to go back to it's roots.

Compared to his early games on the NES and SNES, his new games are a joke, hence why a new game in the classic series could be the sort of thing he needs to revitalise the series...though many could argue that because it's a download title and 8bit that may not be the case.

Now if only Capcom made a Megaman Powered Up 2 mmm

Darth Jello
has anyone played this game yet? I've beaten all the original games (except the pc ones) several times over and nothing compares to how hard this one is. Dear god, this game is near impossible. Can't wait for the october content download to unlock protoman as a playable character so i can use the mega buster, shield, and slide.

Neo Darkhalen
No we 360 users have to wait until October, damn Microsoft...apparently there will be a years worth of content as thanks to the fans; so far I've heard it's very good, it's truly the success 4 should have been...

SmashBro
has anyone played this game yet? I've beaten all the original games (except the pc ones) several times over and nothing compares to how hard this one is. Dear god, this game is near impossible. Can't wait for the october content download to unlock protoman as a playable character so i can use the mega buster, shield, and slide.

I just downloaded it today and yes, it's tough. I tried at least 3 stages so far and I died on all of them. I'm gonna really need walkthrough or something this game. But then again, in Megaman, stages are usually more harder than the bosses themselves.

Darth Jello
well, i think i've got an order worked out-galaxy man, jewel man, plug man, tornado man, magma man, hornet man, splash woman, concrete man. Oh, and the Trident Laser is the weapon in this game that can destroy certain walls.

Darth Jello
well, i think i've got an order worked out-galaxy man, jewel man, plug man, tornado man, magma man, hornet man, splash woman, concrete man. Oh, and the Trident Laser is the weapon in this game that can destroy certain walls and the concrete cannon can freeze those deadly lava blaster things which becomes real useful in wily's castle. also, use the black hole bomb on the dragon mini boss.

Darth Jello
just beat it. I'm assuming that there will be more plot/other storylines when the downloadable content becomes available in october. i hear some of the downloads will be harder game modes, protoman, the mega buster and slide, and a new game section with a new boss. btw, the concrete shot blocks the lasers in wily part 4

SmashBro
well, i think i've got an order worked out-galaxy man, jewel man, plug man, tornado man, magma man, hornet man, splash woman, concrete man. Oh, and the Trident Laser is the weapon in this game that can destroy certain walls and the concrete cannon can freeze those deadly lava blaster things which becomes real useful in wily's castle. also, use the black hole bomb on the dragon mini boss.

That just might work. I just beat Galaxy Man's stage so I'll do the rest when I get the chance.

Darth Jello
concrete shot blocks the lasers in wily's 4th stage. weapons for wily's castle:
head bosses-plasma cannon- bounce the mace balls into the heads.
Shark ship- laser trident
Bio devils- Black hole bomb
Wily machine-
1. Plasma Cannon-bounce the dino eggs into the skulls jaw
2. Concrete Shot
3. Plug Ball

Neo Darkhalen
concrete shot blocks the lasers in wily's 4th stage. weapons for wily's castle:
head bosses-plasma cannon- bounce the mace balls into the heads.
Shark ship- laser trident
Bio devils- Black hole bomb
Wily machine-
1. Plasma Cannon-bounce the dino eggs into the skulls jaw
2. Concrete Shot
3. Plug Ball

Please don't give away major points to defeating the games bosses, if people want to know how to beat them, instead of trying to figure out the weaknesses let them go on youtube and find a vid walkthrough, it's rather annoying that you are sucking the fun out of the game for people yet to play or manage to reach Wily's fortress...this goes for the Masters as well, it's ruining the whole...oh i don't know challenge of playing megaman, you also by the by managed to ruin the surprise of who the fortress bosses are.

You could have also been courteous and used SPOILER TAGS! for this info you carelessly spilled out.

Darth Jello
i didn't spoil any plot points at all since the downloadable content info was released by capcom before the game, as for the hints, trust me, they won't ruin any of the difficulty because you still have to actually do this stuff. If you sat down and played the game and realized how ass hair tearingly difficult it is, you'd know that.

Neo Darkhalen
well as i told you i can't...because it's not available on the 360.

SmashBro
Well so far I only beat two stages so I'm really gonna have look for walkthroughs for this, just like I did in the first Megaman (which I beat only just recently).

THE JLRTENJAC
I've only killed galaxy man... I keep trying to charge my shot only to remember "Oh, yea... they took it away."

SmashBro
I finally beat it today! Man those stages are tough. It took me hours but I finally did it...thanks to the walkthroughs once again. laughing out loud

THE JLRTENJAC
Pssh, walkthroughs... You get no bragging rights when you use walkthroughs. (That's why I rarely use walkthroughs... I like my bragging rights. big grin)

Darth Jello
has anyone been playing this with the glitches on? also, try playing this with your helmet off. Jesus, you take more damage than a castlevania game on crack. And in case anyone was curious about what the roll costume thing does but doesn't wanna save up tons of screws, (again, not a spoiler) it just changes her sprite to something kinda resembling her current incarnation.

Anyone checked out the download list in the manual or on capcom's site? any predictions on who the downloadable boss will be?

SmashBro
Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
Pssh, walkthroughs... You get no bragging rights when you use walkthroughs. (That's why I rarely use walkthroughs... I like my bragging rights. big grin)

For a game like this? Please! Even WITH walkthroughs, it was no cakewalk. You can use walkthroughs and STILL brag about it.

has anyone been playing this with the glitches on? also, try playing this with your helmet off. Jesus, you take more damage than a castlevania game on crack. And in case anyone was curious about what the roll costume thing does but doesn't wanna save up tons of screws, (again, not a spoiler) it just changes her sprite to something kinda resembling her current incarnation.

I didn't know about the glitches. Heck, I didn't pay attention to any of that.

Anyone checked out the download list in the manual or on capcom's site? any predictions on who the downloadable boss will be?

I hadn't checked it out yet but it does sounds interesting.

Man, the MM9 music and sounds are stuck to my head. Of course, this always happen when I play a game for hours. They might be in my head for the next few days now.

Darth Jello
actually the music and sounds to me are the real weak point. With the NES games i thought that the music really took a turn for the worst after mega man 4 with 5 and 6 seemingly having really tinny music with unoriginal compositions for the most part and the games seeming bright and vibrant both tonally and visually compared with the previous ones. Apart from the mega man 2 ques, i thought 9 was really another step down in terms of music with a few exceptions.

As for glitches, the game has an option in the options screen to toggle on and off glitches such as slowdown and flicker put in by the programmers specifically to recreate the experience of playing the first six games on a nintendo.

ragesRemorse
I played this at my friends house tonight on his 360. Jesus, I played one stage and i had more than enough. Megaman x4 is the only megaman i see worth playing anymore.

Neo Darkhalen
actually the music and sounds to me are the real weak point. With the NES games i thought that the music really took a turn for the worst after mega man 4 with 5 and 6 seemingly having really tinny music with unoriginal compositions for the most part and the games seeming bright and vibrant both tonally and visually compared with the previous ones. Apart from the mega man 2 ques, i thought 9 was really another step down in terms of music with a few exceptions.

As for glitches, the game has an option in the options screen to toggle on and off glitches such as slowdown and flicker put in by the programmers specifically to recreate the experience of playing the first six games on a nintendo.

I must disagree, i find the music to be once again on top form, the only game i can honestly say has bad music is MM8, this game thankfully goes back to tradition and offers more amazing retro music that's great to listen to, i would choose this over the Dead rising soundtrack any day.

I believe they may do a MMPU here and offer all bosses as playable soon, however who do i think will be made available first....Splash woman would be my guess.

Neo Darkhalen
Ahh i see a new boss to fight against, not to play as.....perhaps the meta dragon?

Darth Jello
i think it'll probably be bass or zero despite the retro feel. Anyone who beats the game...

Neo Darkhalen
i think it'll probably be bass or zero despite the retro feel. Anyone who beats the game...

Or it could be another Wily boss.

Darth Jello
Another disappearing/reappearing saucer? like in every non gameboy game since 4? i hope not.

Neo Darkhalen
Well i got the game yesterday, and i got to the final boss twice, still can't do it...without any E-tanks it's almost impossible keep getting to the final form but then....boom....dead.

Another disappearing/reappearing saucer? like in every non gameboy game since 4? i hope not.

I meant more like the extra Skull/Wily boss thing that has been going on since Megaman 2, if you recall in No. 2 the extra skull lead you to the alien hologram boss, in No. 3 it was Gamma etc.

I don't think it will be another capsule boss, i hope not....i think either Bass or the Meta Dragon would be the most ideal choice.

ESB -1138
Well just played this game for the first time yesterday and I must say...this game shows that Capcom is just trying to milk Megaman for all its money. The levels are shorter than the actual NES Megaman games, the music sucks, and really it just shows laziness on Capcom's part. They failed to bring Megaman into 3D with the Legends series and so instead they say they want to bring you back to the NES days? Geez; if this is the best Capcom can do for Megaman they need to retire the blue bomber.

On another note this game is hard like many NES games were to make up for the small levels and quick boss fights.

Darth Jello
If they make 10, i hope they use the mega man 7 engine and tie up the gap between the original and X series.

Neo Darkhalen
If they make 10, i hope they use the mega man 7 engine and tie up the gap between the original and X series.

tbh i doubt and i hope we never get such a connection, i think it would just ruin the game for me anyway, each series should be separate if you want to fill in the gap they should release a new X game.

Darth Jello
Protoman mode is awesome! You can slide, charge shots, and attack with deflected shots from your shield. No shop tho and the proto jet and coil look weird

Darth Jello
Did interest die this fast? the full game's not even out yet!

k1Lla441
I heard this game is supposed to be hella hard.

Smasandian
Played it at a friends house, then bought it at home.

Fun, but hard as hell, but I dont get mad like some games because I know its hard but not cheap in the sense that the difficulty curve is totally out of whack.

Darth Jello
Well there are gonna be two harder modes released on the 20th

Neo Darkhalen
Well there are gonna be two harder modes released on the 20th

I'm not paying for something that should already be in the game, it's ridiculous that Capcom are trying to sell harder modes or endless attack, sorry but they should have been in there from the start, i brought Protoman, and i will buy the extra stage, but unless boss characters, Bass (playable) and a level editor are made available then i'm not buying anything else for it!

SmashBro
Unfortunately, I can't download anything now. I now got 100 Wii points just from downloading the game. sad

Darth Jello
Has anyone noticed any...nostalgic moments in endless attack?

Darth Jello
So about the downloadable special stage...

It's insanely hard, an extremely difficult boss is treated as a mini boss. And the boss at the end is both insanely hard until you guess his weakspot and no one that you would have guess it to be.

Darth Jello
The secret boss is Fake Man, a fake police robot from the standard ending of mega man 9 http://kotaku.com/5065854/more-mega-man-9-dlc-+-fake-man . Despite the kind of lame nature of the secret boss, he IS PROBABLY THE SINGLE HARDEST ROBOT MASTER IN THE ENTIRE SERIES (not counting King from Mega Man and Bass). Use Jewel Satellite and WATCH YOUR ASS!!!

Neo Darkhalen
So the secret boss is one "Fake Man"

Hmm tbh i do actually think he'll be hard just the name makes me suspicious.

SmashBro
Just wanna know, out of the classic Megaman games, which one is the best?

Neo Darkhalen
Just wanna know, out of the classic Megaman games, which one is the best?

MM3, 2 is regarded as the point where Megaman became famous and where he became a legend of gaming, while this is true 3 is the better game, I know some people will agree with me and some will say 2 is better, in reality they are both great exceptional games and while 2 is what brought Megaman to the mainstream 3 just built of that and created a monster.

Darth Jello
3 is the game where a lot of the physics were streamlined for the first time like the slipping. I like 5 and 4 for game boy a lot but there's just something about 3, 4, and 3 for gameboy that's so much darker than the other games and i like that. if we're just going with the classic series, 7 is incredible too.

Neo Darkhalen
3 is the game where a lot of the physics were streamlined for the first time like the slipping. I like 5 and 4 for game boy a lot but there's just something about 3, 4, and 3 for gameboy that's so much darker than the other games and i like that. if we're just going with the classic series, 7 is incredible too.

Agreed, I can't understand why 7 gets so much hate from people, It's much better then Megaman 4, 5, 6 and 8 thats for sure, I guess it's just because people complain it's not 8 bit even though it looks fantastic in 16 bit on a SNES.

SmashBro
I was asking because I'm down to a few Wii points and I'm deciding whether I should download either MM2 or MM3.

Darth Jello
that's tough, i would say get both at some point, but 3 is longer and is somewhat easier to control cause they fixed the physics from the first two so megaman no longer slips when he's coming to a stop and climbs stairs faster. Both also have incredible music, 2,3,4, and maybe 7 have the best music in the series. I also think both games are incredibly easy but then again i don't generally get why most people think the original games are so challenging with a few exceptions. What systems do you have? It might be a better idea to just go down to gamestop and buy the anneversary collection. I don't recommend the gamecube version cuz even tho it is wii compatible and has most of the original mega man games on it, the A and B buttons are reversed which creates a pretty big learning curve. If you've got a PS2, get it for that. Otherwise if you're set on virtual console...flip a coin.

Neo Darkhalen
I was asking because I'm down to a few Wii points and I'm deciding whether I should download either MM2 or MM3.

Overall I think you should get 3, it's the better one, also theirs a in that game which makes playing it a much more enjoyable experience then II.

that's tough, i would say get both at some point, but 3 is longer and is somewhat easier to control cause they fixed the physics from the first two so megaman no longer slips when he's coming to a stop and climbs stairs faster. Both also have incredible music, 2,3,4, and maybe 7 have the best music in the series. I also think both games are incredibly easy but then again i don't generally get why most people think the original games are so challenging with a few exceptions. What systems do you have? It might be a better idea to just go down to gamestop and buy the anneversary collection. I don't recommend the gamecube version cuz even tho it is wii compatible and has most of the original mega man games on it, the A and B buttons are reversed which creates a pretty big learning curve. If you've got a PS2, get it for that. Otherwise if you're set on virtual console...flip a coin.

I'd say 1 has fantastic music, much better then 4, so 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 6 have fantastic music IMO.

Also what is the Anniversary collection like, we don't get it in Europe, and by what is it like I mean the Navi extras etc?

Darth Jello
the extras are badly translated hints, a video that's either a documentary or an episode of the mega show depending on what version. You can unlock some music remixes and on some versions you can unlock remixed music for some of the games. Also, you can unlock the two mega man arcade games if you beat 1-8.

Navi mode does give you cooler menus but the bad translation and the fact that beat or flip top are constantly pointing out spoilers ruins the games. 7 and 8 and the arcade games don't have navi mode btw. I should also point out that in every version of the game, the ending to mega man 7 has been completely ruined so it may be a good idea to just wait for the virtual consol rerelease.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.