Some questions about Deadpool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnslaughtKILLS
Being as these are numerous questions, felt it was better to make a thread. Deadpool is a fascinating character who has interesting powers, mentality, history, and more. Though I have several questions about him.

1. In the comics, when they have Deaddool on tv they often say "Mercenary, Deadpool..." So it seems as if its public knowledge that Deadpool is a mercenary. How come he is not wanted?

2. Was there ever a comic where they showed Deadpool's history, what he went through in Weapon X, etc?

3. Is there a website or something where it lists Deadpool's apperances in order? For example, what was Deadpool's 2nd comic appearance?

4. Deadpool knowing he is in a comic for some odd reason knows things that happens outside of comics. For example, he knew Tobey Maguire played Spider-Man in his movie. So how come he doesn't know Spider-Man's identity?

5. It was shown that Wolverine's healing ability was even greater when he had the admantium taken off his bones. So does that mean Deadpool has a greater healing factor then Wolverine?

6. How strong is Deadpool physically? I've seen him have a number of strength feats, but others depict him different it seems. How fast is he as well?

7. Deadpool has been poor, rich, and wealthy through the comics. Whats his status now?

8. Does Deadpool still have his teleporter? Or what about his bodyslide? How does that work NOW? I remember at first it had problems since when he teleported Cable was teleported along with him. How is it now? Can he teleport anywhere he want?

9. Is it 100% confirmed Deadpool is in the Wolverine movie?

Thanks smile

DigiMark007
1. In the comics, when they have Deaddool on tv they often say "Mercenary, Deadpool..." So it seems as if its public knowledge that Deadpool is a mercenary. How come he is not wanted?

He's currently with Iron Man and the registration side of the CW (unless he's changed sides recently). So he works for the government and SHIELD, technically.

2. Was there ever a comic where they showed Deadpool's history, what he went through in Weapon X, etc?

Dunno. Might want to check his respect thread.

4. Deadpool knowing he is in a comic for some odd reason knows things that happens outside of comics. For example, he knew Tobey Maguire played Spider-Man in his movie. So how come he doesn't know Spider-Man's identity?

And how come he can't tell you what shirt you're wearing as you read his comic? With 4th Wall-Breakers, a suspension of disbelief is needed. This was likely just a writer gaffe.

5. It was shown that Wolverine's healing ability was even greater when he had the admantium taken off his bones. So does that mean Deadpool has a greater healing factor then Wolverine?

DP is cursed by Death. He can't die. His healing alone wouldn't have been enough in many situations. So yeah, it's > Logan's because of that.

6. How strong is Deadpool physically? I've seen him have a number of strength feats, but others depict him different it seems. How fast is he as well?

Respect thread.

llagrok
Loki told Deadpool that hes in a comic.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by llagrok
Loki told Deadpool that hes in a comic.

And yet Loki can't break the 4th wall (unless he can). Yet another suspension of disbelief moment.

Eel O'Brian
www.comicbookdb.com

Search Deadpool and click on Deadpool under "Characters" to get a list of most of his appearances, if not all.

You can then click on something that'll show his appearances in chronilogical order... so you can find his 2nd comic book appearance, etc.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007

He's currently with Iron Man and the registration side of the CW (unless he's changed sides recently). So he works for the government and SHIELD, technically.

Dunno. Might want to check his respect thread.

And how come he can't tell you what shirt you're wearing as you read his comic? With 4th Wall-Breakers, a suspension of disbelief is needed. This was likely just a writer gaffe.

DP is cursed by Death. He can't die. His healing alone wouldn't have been enough in many situations. So yeah, it's > Logan's because of that.

Respect thread.

*cough*

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t487311.html

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
*cough*

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t487311.html

Heh. I'm giving this one a bit longer. There's more questions, and most likely wouldn't get answered in the questions thread. Besides, the Flash question was sufficiently answered already. Rules have to fit the situation, so it's not a black and white thing.

Symmetric Chaos
Very well then.

Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS

Yes. It's worse than you think. I don't know the issues off hand but I wiki makes me think it was in the Sins of the Past arc.

His HF probably is better but that's because Death won't take him anymore rather than a lack of adamantium.

-K-M-

9. Is it 100% confirmed Deadpool is in the Wolverine movie?

2. "Deadpool and Death Annual" that came out in 1998 went into how he became Deadpool and his dealings with Department K

9. Yes, Ryan Reynolds is playing him.

willRules

yes

Not only that though. In the first storyline of the Cable and Deadpool series, Deadpool recovers from a literal goo phase. From his feats in his series beforehand such as being cursed by Thanos not to die, his recovery from Weapon X (the second incarnation) and the feat I just mentioned I'd put Deadpool somewhere around the area of Mr Sinister in terms of healing, perhaps even superior yes

EDIT: Found what I was talking about in the Deadpool respect thread....

Originally posted by willRules
heres a feat. Look how powerful Deadpool's healing factor is now, wolverine fanboys!!! look in wonder and awe..............

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1330/amazinghealingwade8gy.jpg

that gloop is wade wilson

DigiMark007
Originally posted by -K-M-
9. Yes, Ryan Reynolds is playing him.

Fer rells? Tat wood rawk!

-K-M-
Fer rells? Tat wood rawk!

Fer rells

Cast List #1

Cast List #2

OnslaughtKILLS
Let me just thank you guys for the prompt response! But some questions weren't answered (I added one I forgot to put in) and it'd be great if it could be answered:

7. Deadpool has been poor, rich, and wealthy through the comics. Whats his status now?

8. Does Deadpool still have his teleporter? Or what about his bodyslide? How does that work NOW? I remember at first it had problems since when he teleported Cable was teleported along with him. How is it now? Can he teleport anywhere he want?

9. Since Thanos died and such, is Deadpool still immortal?

Eel O'Brian
7. Pretty sure our best current indication of wealth is that he still lives in an apartment by himself.

8. Pretty sure he can't teleport anywhere he wants, or use the bodyslide now that Cable's gone and the Professor is too.

9. Who knows?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by -K-M-
Fer rells

Cast List #1

Cast List #2

laughing out loud

Dude, Beak is in the movie.

BEAK!

-K-M-
laughing out loud

Dude, Beak is in the movie.

BEAK!

Dominic Monaghan as Barnell: " has the ability to manipulate energy and electricity."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117981281.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

RETCON
====
Ryan Reynolds as DP

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6812

DigiMark007
Uh. So wait, is Barnell the same as Beak? And since when can Beak manipulate energy?

Still. Reynolds as DP. Awesomesauce.

willRules
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
8. Pretty sure he can't teleport anywhere he wants, or use the bodyslide now that Cable's gone and the Professor is too.

I think you're right on that, he was fully reliant on Cable's system for that yes

-K-M-
Uh. So wait, is Barnell the same as Beak? And since when can Beak manipulate energy?

Same in name alone, just like how in X-Men 3 they changed characters powersets for the movie. In X3 Kid Omega the powerful telepath/telekinetic actually shot quils out in the movie and had no telepathy erm

Caedo
When (in which comic, if it was in one) did Loki tell Deadpool he was a character in a comic? That's one I have yet to see.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.