Mantis versus Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

horrorwolf
All out one on one. Who takes this?

-K-M-
Mantis Respect Thread

bbrem123
Sentry

Jimmy-Chan
Sentry wins. The way Mantis was portrayed up until recently, it would've been a decent fight though. With how Mantis looked in DOTNG and Superman: Confidential, Sentry would barely break a sweat.

-K-M-
Those were his really only two bad showings as other times he defeated the Titans & The Favorerd with a single blast as well as took on the Legion himself. I can pull up not to stellar Sentry showings as well

He has embarassed other A-list characters such as Dr.Fate, Martian Manhunter, Infinity Man, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Star Sapphire

The Illuminati
Originally posted by -K-M-
Those were his really only two bad showings as other times he defeated the Titans & The Favorerd with a single blast as well as took on the Legion himself. I can pull up not to stellar Sentry showings as well

He has embarassed other A-list characters such as Dr.Fate, Martian Manhunter, Infinity Man, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Star Sapphire

confused

You said something about him embarrassing some A-list characters then, you didn't name any to support your argument like who?

-K-M-
Originally posted by The Illuminati
confused

You said something about him embarrassing some A-list characters then, you didn't name any to support your argument like who?

I named them, he beat Dr.Fate, Green Lantern, defeated Dr.Fate-Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan working together, defeated Martian Manhunter, etc. Or you saying they arn't A-List?

Erik-Lensherr
Mantis in a slaughter.

Golden Gardian
Sentry wins this

Eel O'Brian
Which Mantis?

We have respect threads for both...

quanchi112
Sentry rapes him. Current Mantis gave up in handicapped battle against Orion before a punch or blast was even thrown.

TricksterPriest
Wait a minute. You better not be talking about Red Orion.

comicfan11
Mantis takes it imho.
I think Sentry got one shotted from Namor in the recent Invaders/Avengers comic.

The Pict
I named them, he beat Dr.Fate, Green Lantern, defeated Dr.Fate-Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan working together, defeated Martian Manhunter, etc. Or you saying they arn't A-List?

That's impressive

-K-M-
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Which Mantis?

We have respect threads for both...

DC version

Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry rapes him. Current Mantis gave up in handicapped battle against Orion before a punch or blast was even thrown.

Sweet so shall we ignore all his other showings then? Current Sentry was getting rocked by teenage Namor, not even adult Namor. erm

Originally posted by The Pict
That's impressive

He also one-shotted hundreds of Bug warriors, the Titans and The Favored at the same time and done verious uber feats. I don't think people actually know Mantis at all here

Eel O'Brian
DC version Wasn't stated by the thread creator, which is why I asked.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Wasn't stated by the thread creator, which is why I asked.

No worries, it sprang from this comment....

Originally posted by horrorwolf
Never said he was weak.

He's just a beast that Sentry would destroy quickly one on one.

and that's debatable considering his feats

I don't think Sentry would destroy him quickly one on one.

Eel O'Brian
No worries, it sprang from this comment....

I don't think Sentry would destroy him quickly one on one. Ah, now I understand.

Sentry would win, IMO, but wouldn't destroy quickly.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by comicfan11
Mantis takes it imho.
I think Sentry got one shotted from Namor in the recent Invaders/Avengers comic.

Any scans to support this claim? Even if you found them they would be due to poor writing, or Sentry was a Skrull.

Think about how easily The Sentry ran through Atuma, and then ask yourself if Namor is on the level.

-K-M-
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Any scans to support this claim? Even if you found them they would be due to poor writing, or Sentry was a Skrull.

Think about how easily The Sentry ran through Atuma, and then ask yourself if Namor is on the level.

He actually did, it was from Avengers/Invaders #2, but I don't think Sentry was ko'ed just roughed up

Also apparently the Skrulls can't copy Sentry's power so it was the real deal

TricksterPriest
Mantis can absorb any energy Sentry throws at him. And once Mantis starts draining him, Sentry is a dead man. Mantis has absorbed power from the entire LSH, Sentry is cake compared to that.

bbrem123
Originally posted by comicfan11
Mantis takes it imho.

thats PIS...so it doesnt count anyway

-K-M-
Originally posted by bbrem123
thats PIS...so it doesnt count anyway

Recently Sentry hasn't been doing pretty poorly, as he got knocked out by the Chrysler Building, the C.A.P. bot and rocked by an amped up Ms.Marvel. *shrugs*

Jimmy-Chan

1. Two bad showings so close together matter more with a character like Mantis, who has so few appearances. At one point I ranked Mantis above top tier, basically The Infinity Man's equal. If we ignore the upcoming Final Crisis revelations and try averaging Mantis' showings, he's dropped down to the level of a decent top tier in my book.

2. When did he fight the Titans?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
1. Two bad showings so close together matter more with a character like Mantis, who has so few appearances. At one point I ranked Mantis above top tier, basically The Infinity Man's equal. If we ignore the upcoming Final Crisis revelations and try averaging Mantis' showings, he's dropped down to the level of a decent top tier in my book.

2. When did he fight the Titans?

1. But those two showings completly contradicated past showings and majority of his showings, and in DOTNG we didn't even see Orion and Mantis fight. Also Mantis has lots of apperances

2. The Titans #40, after Donna Troy speedblitzed him and smacked him he got upset and let out a blast rocking the Titans the Favored Ones and his Bug army

comicfan11
Recently Sentry hasn't been doing pretty poorly, as he got knocked out by the Chrysler Building, the C.A.P. bot and rocked by an amped up Ms.Marvel. *shrugs*

Ans couldn't lift a Hellicarier.

So yeah Mantis takes it.
If all of these showings are PIS for Sentry why not the much fewer for Mantis?

Oh and the Mantis respect thread is kick @ss.
rock thumb up

The Pict
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Mantis can absorb any energy Sentry throws at him. And once Mantis starts draining him, Sentry is a dead man. Mantis has absorbed power from the entire LSH, Sentry is cake compared to that.

LSH?

-K-M-
Originally posted by The Pict
LSH?

Legion of Super-Heroes

The Pict
Legion of Super-Heroes

embarrasment Should have knew that

quanchi112
DC version

Sweet so shall we ignore all his other showings then? Current Sentry was getting rocked by teenage Namor, not even adult Namor. erm

He also one-shotted hundreds of Bug warriors, the Titans and The Favored at the same time and done verious uber feats. I don't think people actually know Mantis at all here I am not saying to ignore his showings but most of them were how many years back?

-K-M-
I am not saying to ignore his showings but most of them were how many years back?

Just a couple years back, heck he even ko'ed Orion not to long ago but Forager II saved him from being killed.

quanchi112
Just a couple years back, heck he even ko'ed Orion not to long ago but Forager II saved him from being killed. Ok so it all counts. This isnt a class where you get to ignore your worst grade. Imo you submit all their showings and then you get their average.

-K-M-
Ok so it all counts. This isnt a class where you get to ignore your worst grade. Imo you submit all their showings and then you get their average.

Read the rules of the board, if one showing completly contradict a dozen other showings do we take the one showing with more weight? No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.