MGS Battle: The superhuman vs the Normal Soldiers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
A battle between some with supernatural abilities and some with normal ones (to the degree that they are in the Metal gear universe).
I'm interested to see peoples opinions about this kind of match.

Superhuman team.
Gray Fox. (Cyborg Ninja)
Raiden (Cyborg Ninja)
Vamp.
Solidus Snake.
Gene.
Psycho Mantis.
The End.
The Fear.

Normal Team.
Big Boss.
The Boss.
Liquid Snake.
Solid Snake.
Raiden. (From MGS2)
Ocelot. (MGS2)
Sniper Wolf.
Python. (With his liquid nitrogen, and no, I don't consider him supernatural even with that vest/suit. It's just not enough for him to be considered that IMO)

If you consider this spite (and I will be guessing for the superhuman team if so), then these will be included in the normal team.
- Cunningham with his hovering platform.
- Fatman.
- Raikov.

If you for some reason would consider it being unfair for the supernatural team, then they get Volgin.

They are equipped with all their weapons. (Which means Solid Snake will have stealth camo, bandana, chaff grenades, etc.)
You choose the order in which the members fight. Which team prevails?

Dark-Jaxx
The fact that Volgin is not on the normal list makes me cry.

I also would consider Ocelot's shooting to be superhuman, though that's just my opinion.

Though I say team 1 takes it, Vamp, Raiden, The Fear and Gray Fox are quick enough to take out a few of them handily, Solidus simply has too much raw power coupled with skill, The End can pick them off from a distance and IMO is a superior sniper to Sniper Wolf, yeah, IMO it's unbalanced.

kamikz
Which is why the normal team had 3 other members included if it was unbalanced.

Oh, and about Volgin, I know, he was going to be on the list normally, but I found him to be... Well, kind off to good in this kind of battle. He could block most shots from people, making it real hard for any to get a hit. Not that he's the best fighter, just that his ability to block bullets will basically make the normal team worthless. (Not blocking every single one, but most)

And why do you consider Ocelot's shooting to be superhuman? Sure, in our world it would be nearly impossible to have skills like that (nearly), but not in MGS. There have been people hanging with him in gunfights (Big Boss, Solid Snake) who have made it out. I'd say he's just very, very skilled.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by kamikz
Oh, and about Volgin, I know, he was going to be on the list normally, but I found him to be... Well, kind off to good in this kind of battle. He could block most shots from people, making it real hard for any to get a hit. Not that he's the best fighter, just that his ability to block bullets will basically make the normal team worthless. (Not blocking every single one, but most)

And why do you consider Ocelot's shooting to be superhuman? Sure, in our world it would be nearly impossible to have skills like that (nearly), but not in MGS. There have been people hanging with him in gunfights (Big Boss, Solid Snake) who have made it out. I'd say he's just very, very skilled. 1. mad

2. He blocked lightning by shooting, and this is young Ocelot. He was able to pull out his gun and shoot Fortune before she could pull the trigger. He can ricochet his bullets off of walls and effortlessly hit his opponents in that manner. He can even kill Hornets by spinning his revolvers! dur I would say it is pretty impossible to reach Ocelot's level of Marksmanship.

kamikz
His speed has never been inhuman. There are a lot of people who can hoot at incredible speeds, and pulling out a gun fast is a must in a revolver fight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LnRtokfXJ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9AJzv8gb2A&feature=related
The only thing that a human possibly couldn't replicate is how good he is at hitting everything so fast, very far away. But there are alot of things like that in MGS, and nothing points towards him being an inhuman fighter in the series.

And why even bring up the "block lightning with bullets"? Are you trying to make it sound like a supernatural feat? It wasn't anything special, the lightning dragged itself to the bullets, or Volgin did it to protect himself. Either way, anyone who would fire a gun in that position would've "blocked lightning". It's nothing special at all.

Snake can ricochet bullets off walls and hit people as well, just not with Ocelot's grace and skill, since he's actually practiced it alot.
And both Snake and BB hung with Ocelot in gunfights and walked out unscratched.

And **** Volgin.

Dark-Jaxx
...Volgin had already fired the lightning, and Ocelot blocked it. Can normal humans shoot as fast or faster than lightning?

Saying it happens in MGS all the time just proves that even the "humans" are pretty much capable of superhuman capability.

kamikz
Since Snake dodged lightning on multiple occasions in their fight, I guess that means Snake moves at lightning pace.

Of course humans are capable of superhuman things in MGS, in almost every movie and game people can, but they don't consider it superhuman in there.

Eh, why are we even arguing this? You know what I mean anyway, and if you don't agree with the sides then whatever, just consider them different teams.

Superboy Prime
Having Solid Snake, The Boss and Big Boss & Liquid Snake on the same team equals death for the supernatural team if we go by MGS lore.

However if we are to ignore the MGS hierarchy I say superhuman team wins, but not easy. Eventhough the "normal" soldiers are at a 'disadvantage' they are still very very skilled and are more than experienced enough with the super natural.

kamikz
Cool, kinda what I wanted to hear! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.