Generation Kill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Strangelove
Anyone looking forward to this? It's a mini series based on a Rolling Stone writer's account of being with a 1st recon battalion during the invasion of Iraq. Both David Simon and Ed Berns (The Wire) are producing it. I recently read the book and it's very good. Really showed the absurdities of war and the hierarchy system in the Marines that cripples the low end soldiers chance of staying alive or dying. It looks like from the previews they did a good job on the characters. Colbert was fascination in the book and I cannot wait to see how they play Espera and Captain America in the mini series.

Dr. Strangelove
Series is pretty good. They've followed the book very closely staying true to the characters and the dialogue. My personal favorites are Person and Espera. Both are hilarious in there own unique way (for example, Person's "lack of p*ssy" rant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJufPPX_52c&feature=related ). It is also amazing to watch dopes like Captain America and Encino man actually have positions of leadership in the Marines when they probably have trouble doing their own laundry.

papabeard
I really want to see this, god bless HBO.

ragesRemorse
I like it so far

papabeard
Watched the first episode, seems ok, ill give it a few more episodes and see how it goes.

jaden101
finished watching it...only 7 parts?...a strange number of episodes to have a in a series

anyway...i thought it was a bit uneventful...3 casualties...1 shot in the foot...2 injured by a land mine...

the dialogue was brilliant though "i'd eat a mile of her shit just to see where it came from" laughing out loud

all in all...not the best...i thought "over there" was better

Movie tragic
Decent mini series cool

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I liked Generstion Kill. It was short, and it ended just as I was really getting into the characters, but I guess it could have got a little repetitive if it went on much longer...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.