Terminator 4: Salvation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/

After Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust, a group of survivors led by John Connor (Bale) struggles to keep the machines from finishing the job.

Christian Bale ... John Connor

Anton Yelchin ... Kyle Reese

Sam Worthington ... Marcus Wright

Moon Bloodgood ... Blair Williams

Common ... Barnes

Bryce Dallas Howard ... Kate Connor
other cast:

Josh Brolin ... Terminator (rumored)

Sounds Hot, Good Actors.

vincent

ragesRemorse
full on terminator war, Christian bale and no ahnold...,sign me up

Myth
Wow. This is nothing new.

Quiero Mota
Another one? C'mon, give classic series a rest.

Mindship
This is like the Planet of the Apes movies: they kept making them til the story came around full circle.

Rogue Jedi
Josh Brolin as a Terminator? And the sissy boy they have playing Reese? crylaugh

I'll DVD this one.

jaden101
sometiiiimmeess i feeeeel like i'm beatin' a deeeaad horse

Rogue Jedi
making more Terminator movies is beating a dead horse.

Mairuzu
There is a terminator 4 thread already...

you know... its in the terminator section...

Röland
Originally posted by Mairuzu
There is a terminator 4 thread already...

you know... its in the terminator section...
Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?

I liked Terminator 3 so I will probably see this one. I like Bale and I think Brolin could be a good Terminator but I'll wait till a trailer to decide if I see it in theaters.

Mairuzu

Röland
Why do you wear that stupid human suit?
Take it off.

MildPossession
Talking of Planet of the Apes. Helena Bonham Carter is going to be in this 4th movie, it's a small but important role apparently.

It can't be as bad as the third one...

BruceSkywalker
Loved all three Terminator movies. Bale is a very good and talented actor. Can't wait to see him as John Connor in the three films

Toku King
Ugh, no more. I love the trilogy, so this is just taking it over the line.

ragesRemorse
and t-3 didnt take it over the line?

this seems like one movie that should be made.

Toku King
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
and t-3 didnt take it over the line?

this seems like one movie that should be made.

I liked #3, and I think that that's all you need.

Dark-Jaxx
No Arnold? GTFO then.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Toku King
I liked #3, and I think that that's all you need.

yeah, but instead of rehashing the second movie and essentially remaking it, like t3. T4 is going to deliver what fans have wanted to see ever since the first nightmare sequence in terminator 1 and we actually get a good actor, rather than ahnold. You don't think that justifies another movie?

Blax_Hydralisk
Arnold was a fine actor for what we had to do...

And Christian Bale really isn't all that great, imo...

ragesRemorse
Of course ahnold did a good job. He didnt have to do anything other than look big and imposing and act like a robot.

Great or not, Bale is a much better actor than Ahnold. I think he is better or at least, just as good of an actor as nick stahl. He can definitely carry a movie on his talents.

Blax_Hydralisk
Going through an entire movie without smiling or changing your facial expression at all, no matter what the diologue is or what you yourself are going through, is next to impossible for most people to do without some sort of CGI or something. Ahnold's acting is underrated.

Christian Bale isn't bad, he is better then ahnold, but I don't like his face in movies. he always looks uncomfortable in everything he does, like there's something up his ass.

Mairuzu
As if they shot it all live.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Going through an entire movie without smiling or changing your facial expression at all, no matter what the diologue is or what you yourself are going through, is next to impossible for most people

no it's not.

How do you think pictures are made these days, son?

and why would you try and down grade Christian bale? He is one of the best actors out there. That man could play anything.

are you taking crazy pills or just drinking to much flouride with your water? cuz i like you, and i dont want to see you go down the wrong path

Blax_Hydralisk
I wuv you too... sad

But nah.

MildPossession
The Sarah Connor Chronicles was a rather good show, and there was no Arnold in sight. It can be done. T4 should be good, but then the director they have isn't all that... if it's still that one with the shitty name.

Blax_Hydralisk
I found Sarah Connor Chronicles to be absolute shit, actually. no expression

It was nice when there didn't have to be teen age angst in everything.

Dark-Jaxx
Sarah Conner cronicles can go blow itself IMO actually.

Toku King
I miss Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor.

ragesRemorse
i miss good movie's

MildPossession
Chronicles wasn't that bad! And yeah Linda Hamilton was amazing but it's unrealistic that she could come back and play the role...

Darth Macabre
Why is everyone using past tense for the Sarah Connor Chronicles? Um...its still on the air.

moviebuff1084
This movie will fail without Arnold.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
This movie will fail without Arnold. Doubt it. Arnold was terrible, there I said it. He's lucky his part didn't need to actually act.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Doubt it. Arnold was terrible, there I said it. He's lucky his part didn't need to actually act. Try going through an entire day never moving a face muscle except when talking. Seriously.

cruel jedi
after number 2, terminator sucks so i think ill pass and spend my money on something worth seing no expression

SelinaAndBruce
I don't get why they didn't just stop at Terminator 2

MildPossession
Because it's finished its first original run of series 1 in most places around the world, here in England anyway. Waiting for the second series to start now.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Try going through an entire day never moving a face muscle except when talking. Seriously. Right, because they filmed all of that in one day, and didn't redo shots. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by MildPossession
Because it's finished its first original run of series 1 in most places around the world, here in England anyway. Waiting for the second series to start now. Right, but either way its still on the air...no need for past tense.

Kumori Okami
Try going through an entire day never moving a face muscle except when talking. Seriously.

Pretty much an everyday thing for me. Next challenge?

MildPossession
In my country, it's past tense. stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Try going through an entire day never moving a face muscle except when talking. Seriously.

Why do you persist on suggesting that keeping an emotional-less gaze is so hard?

It isn't as though the actor is spending hours on end during a continuous shoot without cracking a smile. The actor is doing hundreds of one to two minute takes.

Losty
should of left it at t2

Mairuzu
http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/8841507/standardformat/

BruceSkywalker
http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/8841507/standardformat/

I was going to post this.. I so look forward to this

steverules
Christian Bale was a good choice...I had a geekasm when I saw the trailer

barand1
TEASER OUT!!

http://wbads-68.vo.llnwd.net/e1/wbmovies/terminatorsalvation/teasertrailer/Terminator_TRL_480.mov

Mairuzu
Originally posted by steverules
Christian Bale was a good choice...I had a geekasm when I saw the trailer so did i!

U Neek
The world in which the war takes place does not look as "dark" as Cameron depicted it to be in Terminator and T2. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Still can't believe another Terminator movie is coming out after the mess T3 created...

AngryManatee
There's a small rumor that it might be PG-13. They better not ):<

barand1
Originally posted by U Neek
The world in which the war takes place does not look as "dark" as Cameron depicted it to be in Terminator and T2. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Still can't believe another Terminator movie is coming out after the mess T3 created...

That's the first thing I thought. It's kind of weird seeing the resistance and the terminators fighting in the day time, because I'm so used to seeing it happen at night.

Kazenji

Lets hope this new one redeems the franchise

Originally posted by AngryManatee
There's a small rumor that it might be PG-13. They better not ):<

I hope it stays a rumor mad

barand1
Check out when Terminator Salvation hits the big screen near you here.

U Neek
Originally posted by barand1
That's the first thing I thought. It's kind of weird seeing the resistance and the terminators fighting in the day time, because I'm so used to seeing it happen at night.

Thing is though in The Terminator, in the scene where Sarah and Reese escape from the Cop shop and Arnie, after Sarah has attended to Reese's wound Sarah quizzes Reese on the future. He says:

"You stay down by day, but at night you can move around."

So Cameron showing us future war scenes where it's dark is only staying true to the material he has created. Now I'm not saying it looks like Salvation won't be staying true to the first two movies, and I'm not trying to be sceptical. It's just another way of looking at the movie. Cos obviously there has to be daytime...

It will be nice to watch fighting during the day. I suppose fighting at night makes it that little bit more dramatic, what with the dark and all. But I thought the future would have been dark anyways with all the radiation from the fallout of the nukes that Skynet launched.

-U

barand1
Thing is though in The Terminator, in the scene where Sarah and Reese escape from the Cop shop and Arnie, after Sarah has attended to Reese's wound Sarah quizzes Reese on the future. He says:

So Cameron showing us future war scenes where it's dark is only staying true to the material he has created. Now I'm not saying it looks like Salvation won't be staying true to the first two movies, and I'm not trying to be sceptical. It's just another way of looking at the movie. Cos obviously there has to be daytime...

It will be nice to watch fighting during the day. I suppose fighting at night makes it that little bit more dramatic, what with the dark and all. But I thought the future would have been dark anyways with all the radiation from the fallout of the nukes that Skynet launched.

-U

That's what I thought. Maybe they decide to go at night after having no luck in the day time probably shown in Salvation. I would like to see a Terminator film shot mostly at night, giving the film that dark scary feel, which worked so well in T1.

Kazenji

Also it does make sense doing it in daylight don't forget this is at the start of the war not 30 years on from the 3rd movie so yea they're still learning new ways to defeat the machines.

U Neek
Yes, very good point. It's the start of the war, no one's going to know what's what, course they'll be out and about during the day.

I hope we see the 600 series model Terminators. I don't know why but ever since we were told about them in The Terminator I've always wanted to see them because of what Reese said:

"The 600-series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy."

You can just imagine them looking like some reject robots from an old Dr Who series...

Just messing with yah barand1!

barand1
Oh haha, well I think the Terminator half way into the trailer (which you can see if you look carefully - there are pics on the web) is a T-600. McG described what they will look like and it fits the description.

Kazenji
Seems they're going for Story then action with the 4th one

U Neek
That last part seems a bit strange: "...how creating life creates real responsibility - and if left unchecked, can be our undoing."

Wonder what they mean by that...Any ideas guys?

barand1
I assume he means Man and it's creation, machines. Man created the computers and created the machines, which are built to have a responsibility (for example, SkyNet was created to wipe out a deadly computer virus across the world). Leave that creation unchecked, and things can go unexplainably wrong (SkyNet becoming self-aware, turning on mankind), resulting in our undoing.

U Neek
Whoa, good call. I never thought about it like that! Good answer that barand1, and so true too.

See, this movie is starting to get me to think (not very hard I might add...) T3 never really did that for me. We need to return to that type of movie.

For example, in T2, when Arnie said: "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves" it made me think about what he said, and the consequences, e.g. wars, fighting.

U Neek
And another famous phrase from T2:

"I know now why you cry. But it is something I can never do."

That got me thinking too. Powerful script. I hope the same can be said for T4.

barand1
Whoa, good call. I never thought about it like that! Good answer that barand1, and so true too.

See, this movie is starting to get me to think (not very hard I might add...) T3 never really did that for me. We need to return to that type of movie.

For example, in T2, when Arnie said: "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves" it made me think about what he said, and the consequences, e.g. wars, fighting.

I suppose T3's message was if you prepare and plan to do something, that something has to happen first before you can do that no matter how bad it is, if that makes any sense. I guess that's been the underline message of all three films though.

barand1
And another famous phrase from T2:

"I know now why you cry. But it is something I can never do."

That got me thinking too. Powerful script. I hope the same can be said for T4.

I love that line, who would of thought of ever feeling sorry for a machine.

Kazenji
I suppose T3's message was if you prepare and plan to do something, that something has to happen first before you can do that no matter how bad it is, if that makes any sense. I guess that's been the underline message of all three films though.

Except with T3's message they did'nt really do a good job of it they concetrated more on the action.

U Neek
Salvation looks like it's full of action backed up by a very good story line. I hope I haven't jinxed it by saying that.

If people go to watch Salvation with an open mind, I think it can do the right job. I've grown to accept T3. It doesn't fit in with The Terminator or T2 Judgement Day but hey, it's given us the chance to see the war.

U Neek
I love that line, who would of thought of ever feeling sorry for a machine.

Exactly!

It's like in Terminator's CPU there's a list of commands that he cannot do...And because he has understood the meaning of crying (finally), it's jumped to the top of his list of "not to do" list (or maybe it's just behind self terminating).

barand1
Yeah, it begs the question - did the T-800 start to feel emotion or did it just understand why people cry? I'm sure it's the latter but it's nice to slightly think he felt a bit upset too and therefore wanted to cry.

I used to act out that scene with my sister (lol!). Now that is sad, but for the wrong reasons.

Benhacker
Hello Everyone big grin ,

Here is a Terminator Salvation trailer I found on Apple.com :

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/

Benhacker cool

U Neek
Thanks for the post / pic / link Benhacker. Nice to hear from you!

RevoWution™©®
With Christian Bale attached to it, I'm extremely confident T4 will be awesome smile

He's one of the best actors today.

U Neek
Agreed.

Someone needs to start a "Bale as Connor" thread on here where they can express what they think of Bale's casting...

I would but I'm too scared to...

Kazenji
Pics of the T-600 and some of the talk that happen at the panel

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37662

Ahnold
Man, I wish that "T4" footage shown at Comic-Con was available on the internet; I read a breakdown of what was shown over at www.empireonline.com, and it sounded very cool indeed (and the reaction to it appears to have been overwhelmingly positive!) smile .

The teaser trailer that *has* been released also looks most promising. In fact, without wishing to jump the gun, based on everything I've seen/heard in relation to the movie so far, it seems that McG could very well follow in the footsteps of people like Daniel Craig and Heath Ledger; both had their doubters to begin with, but ultimately drew great praise for their work (as James Bond and the Joker respectively).

I'm still hoping, though, for a secret cameo appearance from the Governator himself stick out tongue ...

TazzMission2023
i wont see it because arnold aint in. you cant have terminator without the star himself

Ahnold
Well, I'm still hoping that the governator will make at least a cameo appearance in "T4"; intriguingly, the producers have neither confirmed nor denied this possibility ...

Ahnold
And this article just adds further fuel to those rumours big grin ; check this out: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23222

Vinny Valentine
Should be good.

barand1
I can't wait to read everyone's reaction and thoughts on TS when it's released.

barand1
New Flash Poster for Terminator Salvation:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=50815

Darth Macabre
It was bloody awesome. Enough references to the past films that only the fans would get, and enough action to draw in new audiences. Absolutely fantastic.

The Nuul
Things arent looking very good for this.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_salvation/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The Nuul
Things arent looking very good for this.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_salvation/

yeah, but I really don't care.. I will see this on saturday and judge for myself.

I fully suspect that this will make anywhere from $60 to $90 million over friday thru sunday and possibly monday.. I also expect this to make anywhere from $ 400 to $700 million worldwide when all is said and done

SnakeEyes
This movie was alright. I just got back from seeing it and I can safely say that it's a fun action movie. The script/dialogue is really terrible at times; cringe-worthy even, but I found the acting to be good enough to carry the scenes with poor dialogue. This movie felt a little strange, as though certain things were cut out, which'd make sense since it had to get a PG-13 rating. The film certainly doesn't feel like a "Terminator" film (like T/T2 or even T3), but it had a distinct visual style/look, which I appreciated. They added a bunch of new Skynet robots for this installment, and in doing so, I kind of missed the good 'ole T-800 versus man action. For a human vs. Skynet war, I found there to be a lack of larger scale battle, which I hoped for. As for music, they use the "dun dun dun dun dun" classic Terminator theme a couple times, but only briefly; I would've appreciated more of that kind of score. Arnold's "cameo" was cool.

So, all in all, those are my scattered thoughts on the film. I give it a 6.5/10. It's no Terminator or Terminator 2, but it leaves potential for well... more potential in a sequel. The shoddy script/story and lack of depth make this film a decent action movie, but not a lot more.

barand1
Thanks for sharing your thoughts smile

Mairuzu
I'll be checking it out today big grin

Darth Macabre
The movies problem is that its in the unfortunate position of needing to be better than T3 in order to continue the series and then at the same time having to live up to the legacy of T2. Its a good action movie, something that you won't walk away disappointed in, but its not...Terminator, which I don't mind, but hard core fans might not be too enthusiastic about. Like mentioned, the script leaves a bit to be desired, and quite honestly, Christian Bale needs to calm down and take a breath or else his career might go the way of Tom Cruise with his mistaken of intensity with acting. Anton Yelchin and Sam Worthington carry the movie, and I look forward to seeing how the series proceeds and builds off of this installment in the future.

BackFire
Movie is alright. Nothing particularly noteworthy about it.

FistOfThe North
Saw the film last night. i liked it.

To me it was the 3rd best "Terminator" movie followed by T2 @ #1 and T1 @ #2.

I liked the story but i wanted more. Like i wanted the movie to phisically/visually incorporate time travel in the story in some way. And not just mention it.

And I wanted to see Kyle and John interact more as odd as their relationship is. For example, out of many examples i'd like to see, who'd respect who more really. Imagine taking orders from your son, a commander whom is almost twice your age.

The visual effects were great but i expected something a bit more along the lines of the hardcore Skynet war i saw at the beginning of "T2". Like something full scale rather than the many small skirmishes seen in "Salvation". CGI Ahnold was impressive but one could still tell it was computer animated. More smoke or steam should've been used or something.

I thought the "I'll be back" was chessy but then i thought the T-800 from T@ got that from Jonn since John was the one who programmed it and sent it back.

John's facial scaring just brought me back to "T1" where that films' future John Conner, the resistance leader, had the same exact scar on his face after you saw it after he put his binoculars down.

I loved the mechanical sounds that huge Terminator robot was making at that rebel, gas station, bunker, place it brutally infiltrated. It just sounded so loud and so factory like and ominous and cold.

I think there may be a sequel. Maybe where Reese gets sent back and then the sequel after that will be when Skynet is finally defeated and wiped off the map forever either by a rebellion victory or by somehow outsmarting the machines time-wise and obliterate the idea of Skynet somehow even before the company even happens.

8/10

Darth Martin
While everyone's killing Bale on this film. I thought he was great!

The ending is the best part especially when Arnold shows up. We've never seen a T-800 endoskeleton move like that. Awsome.

8/10.

Better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine but not better than Star Trek.

SpaceMonkey
Just saw this movie and, not being a big fan of Terminator, I liked it alot. This makes me want to go back and watch Terminator 1 and 2 again. Christian Bale was OK in this but he was really the 3rd best in the movie. Sam Worthington as Marcus stole the movie and "Chekov" as Reese was also really good.

7+/10 Better than Wolverine, but not better than Star Trek

BruceSkywalker
I liked this film a whole lot.. the story was good and everyone was well casted.. second best film i jave seen this month 9.7/10

bring on Terminator 5

darthmaul1
Just saw it, thought it was great, a good addition to the series, it was better than 3, and i enjoyed that one.Love the end that pays homage to the orginal and T2 (that's all i'm going to say cause i don't want to spoil it.) It does suffer from they typical terminator flaws( but if skynet did what they should then there wouldn't be a movie.)

Red Superfly
Can't see this being a patch on Camerons work. I will see it anyway and keep an open mind, I just don't think anything can match the purity and ruthlessness of the perfect original.

Myth
I liked the movie. If each Terminator movie was viewed completely separately, T4 is the worst one, being barely behind part 3. However, I found it more interesting than T3 because T3 just seemed like a poor man's T2, while this was something new and different in the saga. Overall, I give it a 7/10 (for comparison sake- T1=8.5, T2=9, T3=7)

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Myth
If each Terminator movie was viewed completely separately, T4 is the worst one, being barely behind part 3. However, I found it more interesting than T3 because T3 just seemed like a poor man's T2, while this was something new and different in the saga. Agreed. Salvation has to be viewed as a part of the series, not a stand alone movie. If one is willing to do that, then the movie will be that much more enjoyable for them.

Smasandian
Good movie.

It was fun to watch. Action scenes were awesome. Special effects were amazing (because they didn't seem to be all CGI looking) and the scene were Connor steals the bike was great......

The first half wasn't all that great, but once Connor started to become the character I thought he would turn out then it started to be fun.

darthmaul1
I loved the scene where John opens the cell, the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

Phat_Crabs
I heard this movie blows.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Smasandian
Good movie.

It was fun to watch. Action scenes were awesome. Special effects were amazing (because they didn't seem to be all CGI looking) and the scene were Connor steals the bike was great......

The first half wasn't all that great, but once Connor started to become the character I thought he would turn out then it started to be fun.

I agree. Those are pretty much my thoughts exactly. I was a little disappointed with the story. It seemed like the writing was banking to much on sequels and didn't bother to properly flush out it's characters. The story also seemed to get lost and even forgotten about amongst all of the action but it managed to tie things up fairly well by the end.

I really cannot give enough praise to the action in this movie. It was some of the cleanest looking action i have seen in a very long time, at least on this grand of a scale. I also greatly appreciated the editing. I can't tell you how sick i am of action editing these days. It's so hard to follow action in movies anymore. When the camera isn't blurry or the lighting is to dark, the editing constantly cuts to close ups. It was great to see what was going on from several wide perspective shots. What ever happened to these wide angle shots? Michael Bay can learn a thing or two from this movie laughing out loud This type of filming and editing would help those autobots out a lot.

The only problem i had with the movie, well, the only two problems i had with the movie was the soundtrack and the overall tone of the movie. the soundtrack was just flat and uninspired. I was constantly waiting for the score to kick in and get my adrenaline going, like in T-2. Remember when Connor was being chased by the t-1000 while riding his dirt bike? Yeah, now that's a great score. It's alright though because the action is so grand it doesn't need a score to intensify it. This brings me to the tone of the film. Things never felt very dyer nor did the world feel dark or hopeless. From the beginning of the movie i actually felt quite safe and never felt as though, the human resistance was on the brink of extinction. I think, this is due to the PG-13 rating. Fun movie though, definitely one to see in the cinema...,if you like action.

darthmaul1
As in all of the movies the terminator grabs and throws the hero around, so if he can get a hold of them just snap their neck instead of tossing them around. but then there wouldn't be a movie.

Kazenji
I have'nt seen the movie won't be until next month but

a question for this movie how does skynet know who kyle is ?

darthmaul1
good question, my guess would be that since they may have records from the past (police 1984 records) then they would know what he looks like?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by darthmaul1
good question, my guess would be that since they may have records from the past (police 1984 records) then they would know what he looks like? I was thinking about it, perhaps when the TX came back and infected all of those machines and the virus or whatnot, perhaps she relayed all the information about the past that she knew, time travelling included.

SpyCspider
Saw it yesterday. Watched T1 again today.

Really miss the 1980s action/horror style. The music, the ambience, the camera-work...NO CGI. It looks so much more realistic and scary. Then again, that was set in our time while this new one's in the imagined future.

Thought T4 was ok...wasn't as bad as RottenTomatoes and critics have been calling it. It woulda been nice to hear a little more references to the original stories though.

These are just nitpicks.

For instance, having Kyle mention making plastique explosives as a child would have been nice. They should have used Sarah's original recording instead of have Linda Hamilton dub a new one with the exact same lines.

Liked how they used Arnold circa 1980s face/hair instead of his 90s older looking face for the cameo.

Overall, not bad considering I was expecting it to be horrible according to reviews.

stickman618
ok here's my review

first of all, it definitely saved T3, the casting director, or whoever, finally got a clue and decided not to cast a pussy as John Conner

where as the references in T3 came off as cheesy, the ones here were welcomed and appreciated, but i think they over did it in the last fight sequence, and they lingered too long when John said "i'll be back", but otherwise ok

people might be wondering, "why does SkyeNet want to kill Reese and Conner? right now Conner is not leader of the resistance and Reese is a nobody", well i'll go with darthmaul1 on this one, and they'd know what he looks like from the police tapes of his interrogation and seeing as to how they're smart computers i'm sure they can calculate what he looks like when he's younger, same with John, CyberDyne security tapes and just figure out what he looks like when he's older

also people might be wondering, " why didn't the T-800 melt when covered in liquid metal? it/he did in T2", well here's how it is, as soon as the metal left the furnace, the metal begins to cool, low enough that it doesn't melt him or fry his cpu. plus it looked pretty thick, the one that melted him in T2 had a much thinner consistency implying it was much much hotter

and i agree with what people say about the soundtrack, it wasn't that great, but a soundtrack is only to intensify the action and relay the emotion, but the action was enough for me

i also liked how they showed Reese's ingenuity, setting all those traps and what not, and i wonder if he said "come with me if you want to live" to that little girl too

but there's one thing i have to know!!! if all T-800's have nuclear reactors why didn't the ones in T1 and T2 explode, though i do remember Arnie in T2 talking about his power source lasting over a hundred years, can't remember what he said it was though, i'll watch it again later

Overview:
good action
poor soundtrack
story was alright but not spectacular
good references to previous movies, though a few of them were cheesy
good casting(Bryce Dallas Howard is as beautiful as always)

T1- 9/10, it was more in the horror genre, and it delivered, though i don't understand why a man from the future would have an 80's hair style

T2:JD- 10/10, that's right i think it's perfect and has been and always will be my favorite movie of all time

T3:ROTM- 1/10, i liked the explosions

T4: S 8/10, for the above reasons

SpyCspider
Originally posted by stickman618

but there's one thing i have to know!!! if all T-800's have nuclear reactors why didn't the ones in T1 and T2 explode, though i do remember Arnie in T2 talking about his power source lasting over a hundred years, can't remember what he said it was though, i'll watch it again later

I think only T-850s (Terminator 3) are equipped with those nuclear power sources. They only showed Arnold having that in the 3rd movie. The T-800s (Terminator 1 and 2) didn't specify whether they had those same fuel cells.

But I'm not sure..i got this info off of Wiki.

stickman618
that's what i thought too, but in this movie John stated that they are fuel cells for the T-800's

roughrider
Film has taken a huge tumble in it's second week, only pulling in $16 million. The mass of critical discontent and unenthusiastic word of mouth are doing it in.
The last film did just average at the box office and wasn't that great. This one seems in danger of getting buried quickly.
They should respect James Cameron's wishes and stop making these -they're not succeeding without him. Or consider a reboot - the time warping story is just devouring it's own tail.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
Film has taken a huge tumble in it's second week, only pulling in $16 million. The mass of critical discontent and unenthusiastic word of mouth are doing it in.
The last film did just average at the box office and wasn't that great. This one seems in danger of getting buried quickly.
They should respect James Cameron's wishes and stop making these -they're not succeeding without him. Or consider a reboot - the time warping story is just devouring it's own tail.

this will still make a ton of money, to date nearly $ 91 million, and it hasn't even opened up overseas

roughrider
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this will still make a ton of money, to date nearly $ 91 million, and it hasn't even opened up overseas

It will make enough overseas to just barely cover their costs. They don't make these films just to break even - not the definition of a franchise. See 'The Golden Compass' as an example; doing poorly in North America was enough to shelve the idea of a continuing series.

stickman618
i don't know why it's doing that badly

it's not as bad as people say it is, especially on rotten tomatoes, i no longer trust that site, it gave T3 a 70% rating

BruceSkywalker
It will make enough overseas to just barely cover their costs. They don't make these films just to break even - not the definition of a franchise. See 'The Golden Compass' as an example; doing poorly in North America was enough to shelve the idea of a continuing series.

but, though the studio is happy since they are already planning part 5.. they knew the risks going in when they put this in the month of may of this year, i will not be at all surprised when T5 comes out, that it come out in a month were not much will be its competition..

i don't know why it's doing that badly

it's not as bad as people say it is, especially on rotten tomatoes, i no longer trust that site, it gave T3 a 70% rating

that site is like so many others where i do not pay attention too

roughrider
but, though the studio is happy since they are already planning part 5.. they knew the risks going in when they put this in the month of may of this year, i will not be at all surprised when T5 comes out, that it come out in a month were not much will be its competition..

The studio always says they're happy, and are planning a continuation.
After Godzilla underperformed in 1998, Sony was still boastful and saying a sequel would still come out. Well, it never did.
And that sequel to Superman Returns, after all the positive studio talk? Scrapped. A reboot is pending.

I was surprised they tried again with Terminator after the last one, which did passably well considering the enormous cost. Going ahead without Arnold, they're faring even worse. T4 is on pace to gross less that HULK did in 2003, and that was enough to label the film a major disappointment/bomb. The Hulk eventually returned, after severing any ties with the 2003 film.

Maybe there will be more Terminator films in the future - though there's a behind-the-scenes fight among rival companies (MGM, Warners etc.) as to who has the rights. But as I stated earlier, they will probably look around and see a reboot is the only way to go now; James Bond, Batman & Star Trek have all benefited hugely from starting over. Arnold is too old and can't come back; wipe the history slate clean with Sarah & John Connor, and find a new way to do this concept, for a new generation.

BruceSkywalker
The studio always says they're happy, and are planning a continuation.
After Godzilla underperformed in 1998, Sony was still boastful and saying a sequel would still come out. Well, it never did.
And that sequel to Superman Returns, after all the positive studio talk? Scrapped. A reboot is pending.

I was surprised they tried again with Terminator after the last one, which did passably well considering the enormous cost. Going ahead without Arnold, they're faring even worse. T4 is on pace to gross less that HULK did in 2003, and that was enough to label the film a major disappointment/bomb. The Hulk eventually returned, after severing any ties with the 2003 film.

Maybe there will be more Terminator films in the future - though there's a behind-the-scenes fight among rival companies (MGM, Warners etc.) as to who has the rights. But as I stated earlier, they will probably look around and see a reboot is the only way to go now; James Bond, Batman & Star Trek have all benefited hugely from starting over. Arnold is too old and can't come back; wipe the history slate clean with Sarah & John Connor, and find a new way to do this concept, for a new generation.

Supes Returns had problems from the get go, thats way that is rebooting, The Hulk will always be a problem because there will be always a decision to CGI him or have him played by a bodybuilder..

As for Terminator, this film is going to be successful and they will go ahead and make T5 and T6.. I highly doubt they will reboot this.. and speaking of Arnold once he finally leaves office, he will most likely start training again and do a film or two before he starts up with T5

roughrider
Supes Returns had problems from the get go, thats way that is rebooting, The Hulk will always be a problem because there will be always a decision to CGI him or have him played by a bodybuilder..

As for Terminator, this film is going to be successful and they will go ahead and make T5 and T6.. I highly doubt they will reboot this.. and speaking of Arnold once he finally leaves office, he will most likely start training again and do a film or two before he starts up with T5

You know Arnold is 62 now, right? You think he'll be back again at this role when he's pushing 70? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You continued assertion this is going to be a big success is in denial of the box office facts (are you a studio chief in your day job?)

Look around - besides seeing new beginnings for James Bond, Batman & Star Trek, there have been other announcements for reboots: Predator( by Robert Rodriguez), Robocop (Darren Aronofsky) and a prequel for Alien. Terminator is going to follow; that's my prediction. They're heading nowhere with their present course.

BruceSkywalker
You know Arnold is 62 now, right? You think he'll be back again at this role when he's pushing 70? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You continued assertion this is going to be a big success is in denial of the box office facts (are you a studio chief in your day job?)

Look around - besides seeing new beginnings for James Bond, Batman & Star Trek, there have been other announcements for reboots: Predator( by Robert Rodriguez), Robocop (Darren Aronofsky) and a prequel for Alien. Terminator is going to follow; that's my prediction. They're heading nowhere with their present course.

Arnold is going to be in this.. In what capacity, I do not know at this point...

No I am not denial, this film is successful, just because it is not making TDK type money, doesn't mean it is a flop...

You seem to think a reboot is always the answer but it is not.. I told several friends of mine that this is will make Batman Begins type money and you know what, Batman Begins wasn't that all successful either, but than came TDK.. I am not saying that T5 will make $ 1 billion dollars, but Terminator Salvation is the start of something great.. and I for one cannot wait until T5 and T6 and quite T7 come out

SpyCspider
You seem to think a reboot is always the answer but it is not.. I told several friends of mine that this is will make Batman Begins type money and you know what, Batman Begins wasn't that all successful either, but than came TDK.. I am not saying that T5 will make $ 1 billion dollars, but Terminator Salvation is the start of something great.. and I for one cannot wait until T5 and T6 and quite T7 come out

Except Batman Begins was actually critically acclaimed everywhere despite only modest financial success. That's clear enough signal to go ahead and make a sequel.

I'm sure they'll make a T5, but right now all I hear are flat trumpet sounds with T4.

SpyCspider
lol and i don't think arnold wants anything to do with this franchise once he's 70. He's not that desperate. Sure, lending his face for CGI in T4 was a gift to fans, but he's not actively seeking to be in anything Terminator-related.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SpyCspider
lol and i don't think arnold wants anything to do with this franchise once he's 70. He's not that desperate. Sure, lending his face for CGI in T4 was a gift to fans, but he's not actively seeking to be in anything Terminator-related.

as for as i know Arnold is going to be in T5 unless something happens and he will not be... Personally I hope he is in a few scenes and nothing too big

stickman618
maybe we'll see him get killed by SkyNet after no longer needing to scan his body or whatever

and, i'd like to see the T-900 series, they havn't made any appearances seeing as they decided to send back a T-1000

The Nuul
Just saw this, it was ok a good 7/10.

It falls behind 2, 1 and 3.

The writers on this one was just meh and so was the acting.

The Nuul
LOL check this out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7tj0j-5Ts

roughrider
Originally posted by SpyCspider
Except Batman Begins was actually critically acclaimed everywhere despite only modest financial success. That's clear enough signal to go ahead and make a sequel.

I'm sure they'll make a T5, but right now all I hear are flat trumpet sounds with T4.

Batman Begins was acclaimed, cost about $140 million, grossed $200 million in North America ( and the same amount worldwide.)

Terminator Salvation is derided by critics, cost about $200 million, didn't even open at number one (and opened at much less than Wolverine, Star Trek, Night of The Museum 2 & Up), and dropped 65%-70% in it's second week. It's on pace to gross less than $130 million in North America.

The numbers can't be any more stark than that. After the last film did just OK, this one doing even less means NO MORE SERIES. As we know it.
It's not unlike what happened to the Alien series after 3 & 4 - they waited several years, then went with the Alien vs. Predator series.
Something is going to change - not a versus series (Alien & Predator are both owned by Fox), but a reboot. Like I've been saying.

BruceSkywalker
maybe we'll see him get killed by SkyNet after no longer needing to scan his body or whatever

and, i'd like to see the T-900 series, they havn't made any appearances seeing as they decided to send back a T-1000

yeah, me too..

Kazenji
I actually like this movie and was alot better then T3 imo and also i don't know whats all this stuff about the plot is too confusing or does'nt make sense

8.5/10

barand1
For those yet to see Salvation here is a good recap on the Terminator series so far http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTcvYL3RQzE&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=E13126D787AF419C

stickman618
Originally posted by Kazenji
I actually like this movie and was alot better then T3 imo and also i don't know whats all this stuff about the plot is too confusing or does'nt make sense

8.5/10

well a few things are ret-conned but seeing as to how the whole timeline changed after the events of T2, pretty much anything goes

stuff that changed are:

-John Connor was never put in the SkyNet concentration camps
-Kyle apparently never got a bar code tattoo
-T-800's were made a lot earlier
-and some other stuff, i guess

and the thing most people were confused about is why SkyNet would want to kill John and Kyle even though they are nothing special right now, i have a theory stated in my earlier post

Kazenji
well a few things are ret-conned but seeing as to how the whole timeline changed after the events of T2, pretty much anything goes

stuff that changed are:

-John Connor was never put in the SkyNet concentration camps
-Kyle apparently never got a bar code tattoo
-T-800's were made a lot earlier
-and some other stuff, i guess

well all of that obvisouly comes back to this quote

"The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves."

Maybe skynet from another timeline is working with the skynet in the timeline from the movies.

stickman618
i try not to think about what the timeline of Terminator

sure the future's not set, but apparently Judgment day is inevitable

and who would've been John's father if Reese didn't go back in time?

and would Sarah have taught John all that stuff if it wasn't for Reese?

see what i mean? "it messes with your head"

Darth Macabre
i try not to think about what the timeline of Terminator

sure the future's not set, but apparently Judgment day is inevitable

and who would've been John's father if Reese didn't go back in time?

and would Sarah have taught John all that stuff if it wasn't for Reese?

see what i mean? "it messes with your head" Well, quite honestly, as much as I loved T2...it kind of mucked up the whole time travel thing. It would be a nice predestination paradox if the future was already written and you couldn't change it.

Kazenji
I don't see how it mucked up the time travel thing. Its happens alot with other series "one characters says this happen in his future but something else happens instead" i can name another one that happens like that DBZ.

stickman618
also, Back to the Future

what we see now is an alternate future from the one described by Reese in T1, and this Reese will tell Sarah a different story when he goes back, which will quite possibly create yet another alternate future...

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Kazenji
I don't see how it mucked up the time travel thing. Its happens alot with other series "one characters says this happen in his future but something else happens instead" i can name another one that happens like that DBZ. I understand what you're trying to say, but that...isn't anywhere close to the point I was trying to make. Just because it happens in "other series," doesn't mean it had to happen in Terminator. If Judgement day happened, then it happened. By insisting that it could have been changed, rather than just insinuating as they did in the first, is how they mucked it up; if they didn't do that, perhaps just having the characters believing that they could change it but in the end they actually couldn't, then they wouldn't have mucked it up. Plus, me saying they mucked it up isn't a bad thing, I'm just saying, the root of everyone's problems with time travel in the Terminator series stems from T2 not the original Terminator. In the original Terminator, its a predestination paradox, simple as that: Kyle Reese was always John Connor's father, Skynet always created their arch enemy in John Connor, it always happened that way. By saying that the future can be changed in T2, and that theoretically Sarah could have been killed in Terminatior, they basically created alternate time-lines where perhaps John Connor had a different father, where Skynet didn't beget itself.

dj slade
just saw terminator 4 great Fu??ING movie i dont give a flying FU?K what critics say it was far better then that star trek movie that had me napping half way through it.terminator 4 much better then the third terminator movie. it makes sense it ties all the other three films together no FU?CKING confusion there.

dj slade
pretty sure there will be a couple more terminator movies since they only destroyed a small part of skynet they have the rest to destroy around the globe.

stickman618
Originally posted by dj slade
just saw terminator 4 great Fu??ING movie i dont give a flying FU?K what critics say it was far better then that star trek movie that had me napping half way through it.terminator 4 much better then the third terminator movie. it makes sense it ties all the other three films together no FU?CKING confusion there.

i actually liked the Star Trek movie, then again i'm not a fan of the original big grin

and yeah, i don't know why critics say it's so bad

roughrider
It dropped over 50% again this week at the box office. I don't know anyone personally who likes the film; at best I've heard "It's OK...at worst "One of the worst films I've seen."

Never mind what critics say; if the public doesn't like it, you're dead.

stickman618
what's not to like?

Shadow_King
I was just wondering, how did Skynet figure out Kyle was the father, did they somehow figure out that kyle was sent from the future?

Kazenji
i actually liked the Star Trek movie, then again i'm not a fan of the original big grin

Same here i liked the new Star Trek movie

some of the reviews i've read on it they complain about the story how theres not much on it, they must fall asleep because there was plenty of story.

barand1
I guess if you haven't seen the previous Terminator movies and know quite a bit about the mythology then I suppose you could be thinking where is a story in Salvation. But I agree, there is a story there and a good one at that.

stickman618
Originally posted by Shadow_King
I was just wondering, how did Skynet figure out Kyle was the father, did they somehow figure out that kyle was sent from the future?

they probably have access to old police records, like Kyle's interrogation video, they know he was protecting Sarah, they must've figured out that John was conceived around that time, which made him the most likely candidate for being John's father

barand1
EXCLUSIVE: WHAT WENT WRONG WITH TERMINATOR SALVATION?

Click to see the comparisons from the original Salvation script to the one we've seen on the silver screen.

#Hardly any Connor on-screen?

#R-Rated?

#Skynet are trying to save humanity?

Kazenji
Skynet are trying to save humanity........what the ??

stickman618
save humanity from themselves maybe?

and i think it could've used an R-rating

Darth Macabre
EXCLUSIVE: WHAT WENT WRONG WITH TERMINATOR SALVATION?

Click to see the comparisons from the original Salvation script to the one we've seen on the silver screen.

#Hardly any Connor on-screen?

#R-Rated?

#Skynet are trying to save humanity? STAF? Hahaha.

barand1
"Exclusive: McG says the TERMINATOR SALVATION DVD/Blu-ray will have 30 to 40 minutes of Deleted Scenes!"

"Terminator Salvation" DVD/Blu-ray is going to come with between 30 to 40 minutes of deleted scenes!

Now this would be interesting!

roughrider
"Exclusive: McG says the TERMINATOR SALVATION DVD/Blu-ray will have 30 to 40 minutes of Deleted Scenes!"

"Terminator Salvation" DVD/Blu-ray is going to come with between 30 to 40 minutes of deleted scenes!

Now this would be interesting!

Too little too late, though?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>