Battle of the Elements - Fire vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Team Fire

Human Torch
Pyro
Scorpion*

Team Storm

Storm
Raiden*
Doctor Doom

* Character from Game (MK Deception Version, using Cinematic as a reference).

Unless stated, all characters are Movie versions.

- Battle takes place in a large open barren field.
- Teams start 100m apart.

Rogue Jedi
Team Storm wins with Raiden the last man standing.

Pyro and Torch would go down first. Pyro gets pwned by Scorpion while Storm uses lightning to take out Torch.

Raiden and Scorpion are going at it hand to hand when Storm jumps in and is quickly dispatched by Scorpions harpoon.

Raiden, upon seeing his fallen comrade, unleashes the power of lightning until Scorpion is no more.

Placidity
Ok, here is how I view the match-up...

Scorpion can tango with Raiden.

Storm is quite powerful, but in an air superiority battle, Torch would slaughter her. I mean in X3, she doesnt exactly fly, she kinda just hovers on wind currents. If she stays on the ground, chances are she'd get killed since she only has average human durability.

Pyro can physically harm Raiden or Storm, but if he gets attacked, he'd get downed quite easily.

Doom is the team's powerhouse and could probably take any one person out single handedly.

However, the same goes for Human Torch, although He'd have some trouble taking Doom by himself.

Rogue Jedi
I forgot Doom, but I say Raiden pimp slaps him back to Eternia. And all Storm has to do is call upon lightning to nuke Torch.

Placidity
Torch is fast though, I dunno if she could hit him. And, he can also just as easily melt her.

Rogue Jedi
Storm has too much to throw at him. Rain, lightning, thunder, twisters and cyclones all at once ruins the Torch's day. Fog. Can't burn what you can't see.

Dark-Jaxx
Doom is definately the powerhouse of team Storm. The dude in the movie could physically fight with Thing for God's sake, and had lightning powers on top, and I think(I might be wrong) could also project fields of concussive force.

Raiden can take Scorpion out.

Storm would be killed by Human Torch IMO, though she controls lightning, she has to aim it, and Human Torch was fast enough to keep up with Silver Surfer.

So Torch can beat Storm, but then will get teamed by Doom and Raiden, and won't beat both. Won't beat Doom at all, when Torch Supernova'ed him, he laughed at him.

Rogue Jedi
Torch will be too busy trying to mack on Storm to fight her. laughing out loud

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I forgot Doom, but I say Raiden pimp slaps him back to Eternia. And all Storm has to do is call upon lightning to nuke Torch.

That would make little sense, seeing as they are in the same team.

Rogue Jedi
Last man standing.

Bardock42
Last man standing. It's a team battle.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Bardock42
That would make little sense, seeing as they are in the same team. Lol.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
It's a team battle. I assumed last man standing. Team battle it is. Kinda boring, though, that way.

Bardock42
I assumed last man standing. Team battle it is. Kinda boring, though, that way.

I don't have any preference either way, but I think Impediment doesn't allow Las Man Standing matches to this degree.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, I think 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 breaks some kinda vs. battle limit. Same way in game vs.

ragesRemorse
isn't Raiden a God?

Human torch goes super nova and sets the atmosphere on fire, killing everyone laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Storm's boobs are AWESOME.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Placidity
Team Fire

Human Torch
Pyro
Scorpion*

Team Storm

Storm
Raiden*
Doctor Doom

* Character from Game (MK Deception Version, using Cinematic as a reference).

Unless stated, all characters are Movie versions.

- Battle takes place in a large open barren field.
- Teams start 100m apart.

storm makes it rain which effectively disables pyro and torch.

doom and raiden give scorpion electroshock therapy which permanently calms him down.

then the three pick the last two off with ease.

Taven
Scorpion solos.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
isn't Raiden a God?

Human torch goes super nova and sets the atmosphere on fire, killing everyone laughing out loud 1. Titles mean nothing in the grand scheme of fantasy debates. There are prolly "Gods" that can get pwned by Ironman in a fight...Like Raiden for instance.

Which did not kill Doom.

Placidity
I don't think rain is going to stop Human Torch. Well at least in the comics, his ambient temperature melted bullets before they could hit him.

And Torch did screw up Doom pretty badly in F4 even though he survived his attack/Super Nova, he was pretty much melting. Although he needed Sue's help or else he would have killed everyone else.

Man of Christ
I don't think rain is going to stop Human Torch. Well at least in the comics, his ambient temperature melted bullets before they could hit him.

And Torch did screw up Doom pretty badly in F4 even though he survived his attack/Super Nova, he was pretty much melting. Although he needed Sue's help or else he would have killed everyone else.

this thread is in the movie versus forum so actually if the thread starter didnt use th emovie versions they would be in violations of the rules. they are supposed to use movie versions

Placidity
How do you know that the movie version doesn't have the stated powers of the comic version?

If the movie version is capable of simulating a supernova, effecting raising the temperature to that of the sun, that feat is not very far-fetched is it?

Anyway, the main point is that some rain isn't going to stop Torch.

Man of Christ
How do you know that the movie version doesn't have the stated powers of the comic version?

If the movie version is capable of simulating a supernova, effecting raising the temperature to that of the sun, that feat is not very far-fetched is it?

Anyway, the main point is that some rain isn't going to stop Torch.

How do you know rain cant stop torch?
strom can conjure up storms with enough rain to put him out.

In the rise of the silver surfer when they were chasing the newly powered up dr doom,
dr doom opened up a small typhoon which among tossing the other 3 ships away, put human torches fire out completely and knocked him out of the sky

and youre putting torch against someone like storm?
whose specialty is causing weather patterns like this to occur?
what makes you think storm will give him the required time to go supernova?
she can produce enough rain to quench his abilities.

Placidity
Originally posted by Man of Christ
How do you know rain cant stop torch?
strom can conjure up storms with enough rain to put him out.

In the rise of the silver surfer when they were chasing the newly powered up dr doom,
dr doom opened up a small typhoon which among tossing the other 3 ships away, put human torches fire out completely and knocked him out of the sky

and youre putting torch against someone like storm?
whose specialty is causing weather patterns like this to occur?

she can produce enough rain to quench his abilities.

Oh boy, I never knew Torch's weakness is rain. Why don't you show proof of that?

what makes you think Torch will give her the required time to go do anything before he melts her?

Man of Christ
Oh boy, I never knew Torch's weakness is rain. Why don't you show proof of that?

what makes you think Torch will give her the required time to go do anything before he melts her?

I just proved to you with movie evidence that water does quench his flame, and that storm is capable of conjuring storms and she can also put him out.

but to answer your question, from looking at the movies it only takes storm 10 seconds max to make a storm but takes the human torch longer to go sueprnova.

If storm see torch start to fly she can also put him out with a gust, or since you gave them a barren field a sand storm ought to do the trick, she has so many ways.
of taking him out

Placidity
Johnny doesn't need to go Supernova. He just needs one blast to turn her into a charcoal.

Man of Christ
Fanboyism much

as you have not responded to any of my perfectly logical points

Rogue Jedi
I just proved to you with movie evidence that water does quench his flame, and that storm is capable of conjuring storms and she can also put him out.

but to answer your question, from looking at the movies it only takes storm 10 seconds max to make a storm but takes the human torch longer to go sueprnova.

If storm see torch start to fly she can also put him out with a gust, or since you gave them a barren field a sand storm ought to do the trick, she has so many ways.
of taking him out Well said. thumb up

Placidity
No you never prooved that RAIN can stop the Human Torch. So please so proof of it. If you believe you did, than do it again right here, right now.

I don't want to know how powerful Storm is, show me the proof that RAIN can stop Torch first.

Alpha Centauri
Movie Dr. Doom sucks.

-AC

Dark-Jaxx
Meh...he is still strong enough for this fight. He does not have t3h majik though.

Man of Christ
No you never prooved that RAIN can stop the Human Torch. So please so proof of it. If you believe you did, than do it again right here, right now.

I don't want to know how powerful Storm is, show me the proof that RAIN can stop Torch first.
just did, dont feel like repeating myself just re-read all my posts

Placidity
I have, and you are full of crap. Theres no proof of it.

Man of Christ
If you re read my other post it proves that storm beats the torch, nuff said.
We are using logic here, not fanboyism

Placidity
Lol, you're an idiot. Just admit you can't prove that RAIN can stop Human Torch.

Until you can do that, don't even talk.

Man of Christ
Lol, you're an idiot. Just admit you can't prove that RAIN can stop Human Torch.

Bashing wont work, i just dont feel like repeating myself.
Its a waste of my energy.
If you like the human torch more than storm, fine but here we are supposed to use logic.

as i stated she could use rain but doesnt need to.

all you do is say to me, "prove this and prove that"
which i did and you sit there with a repetitive pedantic tone lacking for want of knowlege.

Placidity
Bashing wont work, i just dont feel like repeating myself.

Claiming other people are "fanboys" won't work either. You don't feel like repeating, because you don't having any evidence to repeat.

If you like the human torch more than storm, fine but here we are supposed to use logic.

If you like the storm more than Torch, fine but here we are supposed to use logic.

all you do is say to me, "prove this and prove that"
which i did and you sit there with a repetitive pedantic tone lacking for want of knowlege.

I've only asked you to prove that Torch can be stopped by rain. Which you've repeatedly brushed aside simply because you don't have the requested proof to back your claims.

You've spent so many replies saying you don't want to repeat yourself, when you could've just as easily quoted when you've shown proof to shut me up. So why havent you?

I'm going to give you a hand here and quote everything you've said. Care to point out where you've proven Rain can stop Torch?

Logic? Oh really? Cause I don't see any. Only resorting to calling me a "fanboy" with the hopes of not having to provide any proof.

Uh huh. Don't see it. Maybe you are the fanboy - making claims without proof.

What? I want proof. Not what you think would happen which you call "perfectly logical points".

Still no sign of that evidence buddy.

Not proof.

Once again, your own imagination, not proof. Anyone can say storm does this and that. I still don't see the proof that rain stops torch.

Uh huh. And wheres the evidence that rain can stop Torch?

When the hell did Doom "open up a typhoon" lol. Please don't make stuff up.
And even with your made-up account of events, a typhoon does not equate to rain. So now your saying Torch can be beat by wind?
Don't care at this point. I still don't see proof about rain being able to stop torch.

so you claim. Wheres the proof that Torch can be beaten by rain again? Oh wait, you just keep making baseless assertions.

Proof?

WHERE IS TH PROOF THAT RAIN STOPS TORCH??? (RHETORICAL QUESTION) laughing

Impediment
I have, and you are full of crap. Theres no proof of it.

I've told you before, Placidity: Stop bashing.

This is your second warning.

Man of Christ
Rewatch the rise of the silver surfer, when they are chasing him over southeast asia, he opens up a typhoon that puts out the flames on torch, and causing typhoons and heavy rains like that are storm's specialty, she can do it efficiently and snuff torch out.
not to mention that she can cause a dust storm and put him out.

you say the fact that torch needs more time to go supernova is not proof.

i say to you that it IS as she can in a quicker time make a tornado and blow him out and with all the sand laying around that will put him out faster.

i dont even like storm or torch but he gets creamed here.

Placidity
Originally posted by Impediment
I've told you before, Placidity: Stop bashing.

This is your second warning.

This guy resorts to calling me a fanboy when he has no proof to back his claims. I find that just as offensive and so should you.

BTW, this guy does make up alot of stuff.

Some examples:

* Sub-zero shoots liquid nitrogen

* Rage Virus gives enhanced strength and endurance.

* Rain stops Human Torch.

Come on now mr mod, you can't tell me this guy doesn't just pull stuff out of his thing.

Placidity
Rewatch the rise of the silver surfer, when they are chasing him over southeast asia, he opens up a typhoon that puts out the flames on torch, and causing typhoons and heavy rains like that are storm's specialty, she can do it efficiently and snuff torch out.
not to mention that she can cause a dust storm and put him out.

I can't rewatch it since I don't have the DVD.

Could someone please verify that what Man says is true - and that Doom opens up a Typhoon?

Lets assume for the moment you arent lying. Like I said before, a typhoon is effectively a strong wind. So now you're saying winds can take Torch out?
I don't care at this point, I want to debate the point of Torch being defeated with Rain. So far, theres still no proof. Like I said, Doom's "typhoon" is wind, not rain.

Also, where does Doom get the power to summon these "typhoons"? From Surfer's board right? Which means these typhoons are cosmic in nature, not naturally occurring ones.

None of this actually matters since you havent provided evidnce that Torch can be defeated by rain.

you say the fact that torch needs more time to go supernova is not proof.

Not sure what you are talking about here. If you are saying Torch needs more time to go nova is proof that he can be defeated by rain than you've got issues.

i dont even like storm or torch but he gets creamed here.

I don't favour Storm or Torch either, but saying rain can beat Torch is another thing.

Saying Storm can beat him with Lightning is a possibility since shes fried someone with it. Saying something like rain can beat Torch is total BS.

Dark-Jaxx
He should be shot for even comparing Storm to Doom Surfer.

Man of Christ
1 last time

she can make a storm rainy enough to drench him because making it rain is her spicialty

Dark-Jaxx
She has not shown to be able to replicate that feat Doom Surfer had.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
She has not shown to be able to replicate that feat Doom Surfer had.
she makes stroms in seconds therefore adding some rain is not a big deal for her

Placidity
1 last time

she can make a storm rainy enough to drench him because making it rain is her spicialty

You really don't understand the concept of "evidence", do you?. I want evidence that RAIN CAN STOP TORCH , NOT 'STORM CAN MAKE RAIN' - Get it?

Don't say "1 last time" either, I've critically analysed all your posts for everyone to see - You haven't posted a shred of evidence that Torch can be beaten by rain.

Rogue Jedi
Storm CAN make typhoons, however.

Utrigita
Didn't the planes dodge them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.