Why Batman isn't Iron Man...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Ever wonder why Batman, a genius, a billionaire, and a vulnerable human, doesn't build himself an exosuit similar to Iron Man's to fight crime?

I would be interested to hear any theories.

llagrok
He has suits like that.

He used something similar when fighting Scarecrow.

KMC's Superboy
llagrok IS RIGHT HE DOES HAVE SUITS LIKE THAT

steverules
Originally posted by Starscream M
Ever wonder why Batman, a genius, a billionaire, and a vulnerable human, doesn't build himself an exosuit similar to Iron Man's to fight crime?

Because he doesn't really need it, batman can take down his villains with his martial arts and gadgets..whats the point of learning all that he learnt just to make a suit that wouldn't require you to use martial arts erm Plus he probably wouldn't be able to in a suit like iron mans

WrathfulDwarf
Because Batman figths things like underworld and mafia. Iron man fights monsters and ugly mutants. Besides, there is already a Man of Steel in the DCU.

Scoobless
Because he's stoopid.

big grin

SelinaAndBruce
Yeah Batman mostly fights thugs in the inner city. Iron man was fighting some insurgents with military equipment and a giant robot.

SpaceMonkey
Because Batman isn't in the business of war.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules
Because he doesn't really need it, batman can take down his villains with his martial arts and gadgets..whats the point of learning all that he learnt just to make a suit that wouldn't require you to use martial arts erm Plus he probably wouldn't be able to in a suit like iron mans

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Because Batman figths things like underworld and mafia. Iron man fights monsters and ugly mutants. Besides, there is already a Man of Steel in the DCU.

Soljer
Batman doesn't accept crutches. He has used such technology in the past when he had absolutely no other choice, but if he can, he tries to remain as self reliant as possible.

Galan007
Originally posted by steverules
Because he doesn't really need it, batman can take down his villains with his martial arts and gadgets..whats the point of learning all that he learnt just to make a suit that wouldn't require you to use martial arts Tony has extensive h2h training as well (he's actually quite a MA badass, when he needs to be.)

So why wear armor, you ask? Simply put, chicks dig it. smile

Besides, there is already a Man of Steel in the DCU. Iron and steel, are two completely different alloys, n00b. 131fist

Blax_Hydralisk
Because Iron Man's enemies are on a whole different power scale then Batman's.

BruceSkywalker
Another reason is Bruce Wayne doesn't need to wear armor like Tony Stark's. Unless finally DC wises up and puts Bruce in a new armor type costume

shksprtx
Originally posted by Galan007
Iron and steel, are two completely different alloys, n00b. 131fist

Iron is not an alloy. Steel is. n00b.

stick out tongue

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Galan007
Tony has extensive h2h training as well (he's actually quite a MA badass, when he needs to be.)

So why wear armor, you ask? Simply put, chicks dig it. smile

Iron and steel, are two completely different alloys, n00b. 131fist Tony might be good compared to a normal human but he's nothing compared to Batman or even Robin for that matter. The reason Batman isn't all armored is that the fans would probably not like it. It wouldn't be Batman. We, comic fans, are averse to such change.

Allankles
Batman is a street level guy. Tony Stark is a above that, what with all the people wanting to abuse his weapons tech and pining for world domination etc.

His rogue's gallery forces him to wear armor. Batman deals with dangerous seedy types that are into citywide crime, very few on a world wide scale (Ra's al Ghul).

Dark-Jaxx
Because a pathetic suit made of tech would only weaken the Batgod.

Myth
I kind of liked it when Batman was replaced by Azrael.

http://www.knyght.net/comics/batman/azrael-b.jpg

Placidity
Yes, thats probably the best comic book series I've ever read (which isnt too much lol).

Anyway, another point is that Stark is much more wealthier than Wayne.

WrathfulDwarf
That is unknown if Tony or Bruce is more richer. Currently Lex Luthor who holds that title. At one time Wilson Fisk was absurdly rich.

Originally posted by shksprtx
Iron is not an alloy. Steel is. n00b.

stick out tongue

Haha! PWN3D! 313

Galan007
Yeah... I dur'ed myself there.

D_A_R_E
Batman doesn't use a suit like that because he doesn't have to (there was once or twice where he did wear something like that though..). Tony Stark isn't like Bruce Wayne. Bruce doesn't have to rely on a suit like that because he's been trained and knows what he's doing. He doesn't rely on brute strength. Batman has tact.

Blax_Hydralisk
And then there's also the fact that Iron Man would solo 90% of Batman's foes in a direct combat with one hand tied behind his back.

They're just on different levels. Batman would need a suit like Tony's if his common enemies were Tony's common enemies. He'd be pretty ****ed if World War Hulk suddently attacked Gotham.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
And then there's also the fact that Iron Man would solo 90% of Batman's foes in a direct combat with one hand tied behind his back.

They're just on different levels. Batman would need a suit like Tony's if his common enemies were Tony's common enemies. He'd be pretty ****ed if World War Hulk suddently attacked Gotham. Batman has stood up to beings who would solo all of Ironman's enemies...Point? Granted, they are not always his common enemies like Joker, but he has stood up to them. Toughest dude I can think of who Ironman has stood up to was WWH.

Blax_Hydralisk
By "standing up to" you surely don't mean he actually engages them in one on one direct combat? Otherwise, your point is irrelevant. I can "stand up" to Shaq, but when he ***** slaps me and I have to go running to Superman and people who are actually equal to him ... it doesn't really matter does it?

Most of iron Man's common enemies would curb all over Batman just as hard as iron Man himself would.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Starscream M

I've always wondered why doesn't use those suit more often myself. It would possibly take away from his character, because let's face it, Batman is more popular than Ironman. Perhaps DC Comics thinks that if Batman is great as he is, why mess with a good thing?

Blax_Hydralisk
Agree with that as well.

I like Batman more then Iron Man, and I'd be pretty pissed if Bats started doing all of his business in a big hi-tech suit like Tony's.

That's what things like Batman Begins is for.

starlock
I know its a cartoon....and i am not sure it carried over to the comics....but Batman beyond showed an aging batman who had a suit which was like fabric....yet was enhancing him, tech fiber or something, so i can actually see bats using such a suit.....form fitting....yet enhancing.....when he reaches the age that he no longer has an edge

carnage52
Originally posted by Placidity
Yes, thats probably the best comic book series I've ever read (which isnt too much lol).

Jamaican
Originally posted by Placidity

Since when?

I've been out of actual reading for a while (few years). But last I read, Wayne Ent. bought out LuthorCorp and left Lex penniless.

I dunno know if I totally agree with this. Maybe because of the fact that he doesn't always physically fight his opponents. But he does deal with very big enemies, that also endanger the whole world.

I just don't think he'd be as effective if he were to have a suit like that. Unless it could be as soft as his current suit so he could still fight. The Batman suit from JLA 1 Million is pretty sick...

Mairuzu
The batmobile is enough

SelinaAndBruce
Tony Stark is not wealthier than Bruce Wayne.

WrathfulDwarf
cDxgNjMTPIs&feature=bz301

evil face

Micheal_Myers

evil face

Thats about how awesome TDK really is.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Thats about how awesome TDK really is.
I LOVE that video and the person who makes them has some other gret ones on there. The one with the Hulk and Batman arguing over if Hulk or Batman and Robin sucked worse is hilarious.

K3VIL
Batman relies on hi-tech equipment when he has to face metahumans who exceed his peak human abilities and usual gadgetry, he has some models of battle suits he keeps, if needed to fight let's say a Superman who is mind controlled or gone rogue or anyway if strictly necessary.Otherwise he'll just prepare at his best for fight turning the odds against his enemies, exploiting their weaknesses in most cases.That's what makes him good to most people, he can make it with lack or real super powers.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I LOVE that video and the person who makes them has some other gret ones on there. The one with the Hulk and Batman arguing over if Hulk or Batman and Robin sucked worse is hilarious.

I know! I've been subscribed to ItsJustSomeRandomGuy for a while now on youtube. His videos are hilarious.

=Tired Hiker=

evil face

That was classic, I especially liked the Jesus part. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.