Final Crisis: what i need to know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
okay, so i've not been able to keep abreast of all the events leading up to it like i should. can anyone out there tell me (aand others like me who are following only peripherally) what is essential reading before getting into the series? anyone wanna try their hand at summarizing the events of 52 (which i TRIED to follow . . . sad )? anything else i really NEED to know before jumping into FC?

-K-M-
I guess all you really need to read is Death of the New Gods, and the last 10 or so issues of 52 as most of it was pointless and hasn't really connected into FC thus far

tjcoady
I'd read "Seven Soldiers" also, or at least the first and last and the Mr. Miracle mini, if the other six minis seem daunting.

And possibly the Mageddon arc of Morrison's JLA run. I have a feeling he's going to be playing with some elements from that, even more so than he already has.

-K-M-
Oh yes definetly read Seven Soliders, it's a rather large tie-in. I forgot about that.

Grant Morrison has also said that a two-part story following the "Batman R.I.P." storyline will also "fit in" with Final Crisis.

Morridini
Originally posted by -K-M-
I guess all you really need to read is Death of the New Gods

Having read nothing in the DC universe since Batman Red Hood Part II, where I heard about Superboy punching reality, I've been curious as to what I need to know if I wanna pick up this Final Crisis. So nice having a thread,

So, the New Gods, gotta wiki that to find out who they are and why their death matter.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Morridini
So, the New Gods, gotta wiki that to find out who they are and why their death matter.

no expression

Soljer
Do not go anywhere NEAR Death of the New Gods or Countdown, and you'll be fine. Just jump right in. smile.

DigiMark007
Let's recap before I close this:

Supposedly Death of the New Gods and Countdown tied in, but FC seemingly ignored them and did its own thing. Presumably, they do fit in and the New Gods were just reborn between thsoe two arcs and FC (in new forms) after the "war in heaven" that evil supposedly won. You can read them and be ok, but you can also ignore them and be ok.

Also, the events of 52 basically took us from 1 universe to 52 universes, each watched over by their own Monitor. That's where the multiverse stands at the time of FC.

Seven Soldiers, Last 7-8 issues of Countdown, possibly DotNG's, and definitely get DC Universe #0 (the direct lead-in to FC, with little bits on various tie-ins).

Now. Use the proper FC thread. Thanks.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=455889&highlight=title%3A%28final+crisis%29

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.