Does "Byrne Superman" Exist Anymore?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
Reading over some topics here, it seems his origin for Supes is gone and we're shown Clark had his powers as Superboy and met the LOSH in the future. Plus there's mentions of PC JLA stories.

So...do any of the comics early post-COIE fit into continuity?

Pyron_Knight
Aw, come on people. I really am curious about this.

Endless Mike
It's still rather unclear

Dark-Jaxx
I thought it was explained by how he absorbed enough solar energy to be able to do all his super duper feats and shit...Or sumthin like that.

Raoul
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Reading over some topics here, it seems his origin for Supes is gone and we're shown Clark had his powers as Superboy and met the LOSH in the future. Plus there's mentions of PC JLA stories.

basically what endless mike said, we havent really been filled in on whats what...

Avlon
The Byrne reboot itself was retconned even before IC BUT, there are still events from the Byrne run that are still in continuity.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight

Dude, I will tell you this.

One thing I have learned from comics.........DON"T GET ATTACHED TO ANYTHING!

They know there is such a high turnover in comics they will flip anything due to trends or their personal tastes

Juntai
Byne's run on the numbered title still exists, sort of. However his rebooted origin from the Man of Steel miniseries...is non existant in continuity.

roughrider
Originally posted by Juntai
Byne's run on the numbered title still exists, sort of. However his rebooted origin from the Man of Steel miniseries...is non existant in continuity.

In the DC Universe, you can 'punch reality' and everything starts over. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Byrne's Superman could exist on Earth-44, for all we know.

Juntai
Originally posted by roughrider
In the DC Universe, you can 'punch reality' and everything starts over. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Byrne's Superman could exist on Earth-44, for all we know. Nah, because it's the same guy. I believe Infinite Crisis, undid the knot the in the timestream in 1985. Undoing all the character makeovers, though not the stories that followed.

Though I won't disregard the possibility.

roughrider
Kurt Busiek says another origin story is coming. no expression

Probably because they have been borrowing the look of the Superman movies the past two years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.