Which Ability Would You Choose II : The Elements

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Part II of the Superpower Selections...

This time, the choices are all based on "elemental" abilities.

Fire
Pyrokinesis

* Ability to generate blasts of flame with a range of 25m.
* Flame temperature peaks at 2300 degrees celcius.
* Immunity to flame.
* Sustained fire projection at maximum intensity lasts for 10 minutes.
* Energy recharging time to full capacity takes 10 hours.
* Ability to snuff out a flame within a 10m radius by will.

Water
Hydrokinesis, Cryokinesis

* Cold and Ice Manipulation
* Lower temperature from room temperature (25 degrees cel) to a minimum of -150 deg cel in 20 seconds.
* Temperature manipulation can be initiated from the body, with an effective radius of 10m.
* Or "Ice beams" can be directed with the hands with a effective distance of 15m.
* Immunity to cold temperatures.
* Maximum freezing ability can be sustained for a maximum of 15 minutes.
* Ability/Energy recharge time takes 4 hours.

* When in a body of water, physical strength increases to 2 tonne class.
* Swimming speed increases to 40km/h.
* Increased endurance, stamina and durability to slightly above peak human.

Storm

* Ability to generate sustain electrical blasts.
* Max Voltage: 1 million Volts
* Electricity is generated from the hands, and can be launched to a maximum distance of 15m.
* Max Current: 1000 Amps
* Maximum duration of sustained energy projection is 5 minutes
* Ability/Energy recharge time takes 10 hours to reach full capacity.
* Ability to draw energy from an electrical source to reduce recharge time. Minimum recharge time regardless of energy absorption is 1 hour.
* Immunity to electricity.
* Self-levitation due to generation of magnetic fields.

Air

* Flight
* Maximum flight speed is 700km/hr.
* Maximum flight duration is 1 hour.
* Rest period is 30 minutes.
* Enhanced durability during flight (to resist friction).

* Ability to generate cyclones
* With concentration, a maximum of 1 cyclone can be generated for 1 hour.
* Movement of Cyclone is also controlled.
* Effective range is global.

* Ability to generate winds up to 60km/hr in any direction with an effective area of 50 square meters.

* Ability to induce extreme low pH acid rain, in an effective area of 500 square meters.

Earth

* Ability to generate earthquakes and tremors.
* Effective area is 1 square kilometer.
* Earthquakes maximum duration is 30 minutes, with a 30 minutes relapse time.
* Maximum Strength of Earthquake: 8.0 on the richter scale

* Ability to generate Sandstorms strong enough to damage structures such as houses.

* Ability to induce volcanic eruptions.

* Ability to induce a quicksand environment on a bed of sand, earth or rock. Maximum effective area is 5 square meters.

* Earth density control.

Metal

* Ability to transform completely into an inorganic metal while retaining organic properties.
* In morphed form, durability is increased high enough to withstand high calibre bullets.
* Strength increases to 5 tonnes
* Endurance and stamina is increaseed. Can engage in vigourous activities for weeks (4-5) non-stop, without food, air or water. However, if physical conditions are pushed past limits, he/she will automatically revert to a weakened human form.

* Ability to melt any pure metal object by touch. Maximum size of object is 1 cubic meter.

Space

* Ability to phase. Phasing ability works for 25 seconds at a time.
* Ability to turn invisible while phased.
* Nightcrawler-like Teleportation Ability.

occultdestroyer
Um, I don't think this is a 'versus' thread

Doctor-Alvis
Wrong forum.

But I would choose metal. So I don't have to sleep or eat and I have an excuse to dress like an idiot.

Placidity
I would assume a thread about superpowers would belong in the comics section. Plus, there are references and similarities to the powers of comic book characters.

It really doesn't belong anywhere else, since the main target audience is comic book fans and Comic books are usually always about superpowers.

In a way, its superpowers vs superpowers, so its somewhat a vs topic.

If you look carefully, you'll find that some powersets are similar to those of nightcrawler, storm, colossus, shadowcat, Pyro, Aquaman, storm and more. Heck I even mentioned Nightcrawler.

Also, part one of this topic was allowed, so I don't see why this shouldn't be.

Don't be a party pooper.

carnage52
all of them.

~The Wickerman~
Air could rape all the others from a safe distance since all the other's blasts and such are 25 or 15 m erm Which I personally think is silly...

Grinning Goku
Water or Metal for me.

Eel O'Brian
Earth is the most damaging... 8.0 on the richter scale is pretty intense. Especially for something you can generate casually every 30 minutes. That's in addition to sandstorms, etc.

But, assuming this is a day to day environment, I'd go for Space. Air has faster transport over long range, but Space is cooler.

illadelph12
I'd choose space and amass a fortune as a thief, Ocean's Eleven style.

Galan007
What category would "the green" fall under? Earth?

carnage52
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd choose space and amass a fortune as a thief, Ocean's Eleven style. then id kill you from afar with my uber earth powers

Harbinger
Air or water. Probably water.

illadelph12
Originally posted by carnage52
then id kill you from afar with my uber earth powers

Heh...

Well, since I would also be able to teleport Nightcrawler style and phase through matter, that may be hard for you to do. I could teleport out of your range instantly, and be 600 miles away in around 10 minutes.

K-Dog
I like the metal option. Superstrength and durability would be great. I don't care too much about manipulating metal (melting it) too much but the other stuff would be nice. You could get a job moving heavy stuff and get paid well.

Next, I think I like air--fast flying would get me to work much much faster to save driving time and expense. I am thinking that one could probably make a good living delivering packages or something like that with this.

The water/ice thingy...you could create huge ice blocks for companies to use to cool factories like some of them already use. You could save them lots on electric bills and make some dough that way, eh?

With the Earth ability...I don't know, you could threaten to destroy things unless the govt paid you lots of money...but that would probably just get you shot by the CIA or something.

Badabing
Good thread. Moving --------->

illadelph12
CIA would probably shoot a super powered person just on GP...

Neo Darkhalen
Metal, Storm, or Fire for me.

Doctor-Alvis
Aka, Jumper style.

Symmetric Chaos
Air for me.

carnage52
Heh...

Well, since I would also be able to teleport Nightcrawler style and phase through matter, that may be hard for you to do. I could teleport out of your range instantly, and be 600 miles away in around 10 minutes. my element is a new one that includes every element.so best of all worlds. big grin

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by carnage52
my element is a new one that includes every element.so best of all worlds. big grin

Sorry, but that option is full of fail.

Sol Valentine
Air, Storm, or Water for me.

carnage52
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Sorry, but that option is full of fail. so is your face

Erik-Lensherr
Air.

StyleTime
This seems fun. How fast is the storm powerset's flight?

nimbus006
What exactly do you mean by Earth density control?

Mr Master
Very interesting thread.

I'll take Earth,
with it's abilities, you can over power armies, or take out a city.
Or, you can be a great saviour
with control over some of the most destructive natural forces on earth.

Air would be my second choice.

They're all good really, but those are my favs.

Soljer
I'd go for metal or space. They are the only ones without time limits.

Placidity
Originally posted by nimbus006
What exactly do you mean by Earth density control?

Pretty much the ability used to generate quicksand, the difference is you can increase the density to make it hard again or anything really.

Doctor-Alvis
Quicksand is made by water.

Placidity
Well, this is special quicksand, OK? (say yes).

StyleTime
Well, eh... my question wasn't answered, so I guess I'll go for Air. I pick this one primarily due to the flight. Flying at that speed would prove quite useful for travel. You could save gas, time, and may not even need a car anyway. Also, the extra abilities, like cyclones and wind gusts, would be just plain cool if nothing else.

The space one comes in an extremely close second. Teleportation would again come in handy for travel for obvious reasons. Phasing and invisibility are very nice, but the time restraint on phasing helps put this one below air.

Placidity
Um, I stated peak flight speed is 700km/hr in the original post.

StyleTime
I know, but I asked for the storm's max speed. Not air.

Placidity
haha I see. I was confused. Lets see, lets make it 100km/hr.

StyleTime
No problem comrade.

Ah, Storm bumps Space out of the second spot for me. Flying AND zapping stuff would be lovely. Might save on the electric bill too. The flight wouldn't be as useful as air but it would still be an immense help for shorter distances like work/school/etc.

...and you get to zap stuff.

Placidity
Yes, You get to burn holes through peoples bodies like Doom did in the F4 Movie. At least thats what I was thinking when I wrote that power set up.

The Boss
thumb up

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Aka, Jumper style.
Yes, except with the bonus of not being Hayden Chistensen.

Darth Macabre
Either air or space.

MightyEInherjar
Space.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.